Rick's Cafe Boatyard
4050 Dandy Trail
Indianapolis, IN 46254Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rick's Cafe Boatyard
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rickscafeboatyard.com/
- Phone: 3172909300x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 11pm; bar menu until midnight
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11pm; bar menu until midnight
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mike Hibbeln
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rick's Cafe Boatyard
Rick's Cafe Boatyard is a waterfront restaurant offering its guests a panoramic view of Eagle Creek Reservoir in Indianapolis. Rick's offers ample but intimate seating both inside and out; as well as an extensive menu of fresh hand prepared meals offered daily. Rick's Cafe Boatyard offers it's guests lunch, dinner and a complete banquet facility. Their guests dine inside a beautiful, wide-open, high-ceiling dining room, or outside with a breathtaking view of the water.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rick's Cafe Boatyard - Best Restaurants in Pike Township ›
Rick's Cafe Boatyard reviews from OpenTable diners
337 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (287)great for outdoor dining (270)special occasion (181)good for groups (142)romantic (123)neighborhood gem (92)great for lunch (87)vibrant bar scene (80)hot spot (66)fit for foodies (64)great for brunch (47)kid-friendly (38)late-night find (33)notable wine list (20)Show More
- Would recommendTravelalotDined on 10/19/2014We went on a Sunday night and after ordering we were told they were out of one of our entries (catfish). Then after ordering desert were were also told they were out of the chocolate cake. That in combination with undercooked fillett added up to the manager comping one of our meals and a desert. Food was very very good as was the service. Would go back knowing if its on a Sunday we should be flexible since they may be out of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of fall leavesOpentablefriendVIPDined on 10/19/2014We even took photos. So beautiful looking across the deck. The food and service were primo! Can't say enough good things. We love brunch at ricks on Sunday's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Overpriced - not worth it. Nice setting and good atmosphere, but doesn't make the price or taste worth itSpecial Features:
- Fish not in seasonEatOut2MuchDined on 10/17/2014Not heard of many seafood restaurants not having tuna available. Said it wasn't in season. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014The food was Excellent. Perfectly done and the timing of service was great. We never felt rushed and the waiter was well prepared to answer questions and make suggestions. Unfortunately, the noise level was very high. Between the patrons and the music, it made it very difficult to hear your own conversation. Too cold for any outdoor dining the night we were there, but the views were great prior to the sun going down. I don't live in the area, but it was a great suggestion from a friend who does live in Indy.Special Features:
- Great placewesoDined on 10/17/2014Great food and service, priced on the high side but worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience!JimCDined on 10/13/2014We attended on a Monday night for my wife's birthday. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, more than courteous, and everything we could have asked for. The food was very, very good. It was a perfect selection for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Rick's CafedjindianajonesDined on 10/13/2014I haven't been to Rick's in over 10 years. I don't get out to eat on the westside as much as I used to and I have to say that I didn't have high expectations. I'm not much of a sea food buff and was only making this reservation because of my father's bday and he requested it. I feel much better about the restaurant after re visiting it this past week. Our reservation was properly sat, the service was really good, but not overbearing. this went from the hostess to the bussers as well as our server. It was at 5pm and the place wasn't busy but I don't think that would have made much of a difference. The ambiance and decor was clean and made me want to get to an island right away, but the best part was the food, my filet was perfectly cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stan was hereStanPlannerDined on 10/12/2014Good food, great service along with fun company....a fantastic evening for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Food and service were all good! They had drink specials on Saturday night. View was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyboilerpeteDined on 10/10/2014Food was very good particularly the oysters Rockefeller. Had the porterhouse pork chop which was grilled to perfection. My wife had the shrimp tempura which also was great (and the shrimp were very large)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robocopDined on 10/3/2014Had a good time....food came out somewhat cold.....had a busboy tell me someone else would come clear the plates when I asked him to please take the appetizer plates, kinda ticked me off. However, as I mentioned in my request, it was for my in-laws and they loved the place so all is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Experiencegrammy1VIPDined on 10/2/2014We arrived @ 5:30 & were seated & served promptly. Everything went well & we considered it a good experience.Special Features:
- Best time ever At Rick'sColterDined on 10/1/2014Beautiful weather and a spectacular sunset made this the best time there ever and I have been there hundreds of times. Wish there was a Rick's on the North West side I / we would be there several times a week. Teresa, was fabulous and she was extremely busy. Great personality, great service and took the extra care to displayed genuine kindness towards my 2 dinner partners who needed extra assistance due to age and medical issues. Thank you and Thank you Teresa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDeweyDined on 10/1/2014I go to Ricks a lot. Wonderful restaurant. I like sitting on the deck overlooking Eagle Creek. Very peaceful! They have a very good lunch menu with fair pricing. Great in the evening as well. Beautiful atmosphere!! Service is always great. Pricing is fair and the food very good.Special Features:
- Expected MoreHaydubDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I were celebrating our second year anniversary and were excited to try Rick's for the first time. We made a reservation and were seated right away. We chose to sit outside and it took over 20 minutes for our waiter to arrive to take our drink orders. Not sure if our waiter was having a bad day, but quality service was definitely lacking. We ordered our drinks, appetizer, and our main courses at the same time. He didn't get our drinks correct, appetizer came lukewarm, and my wife's pork chop was undercooked. The highlight of our experience there, was being able to watch the sunset as we ate dinner.Special Features:
- Large party- table location20birthdayDined on 9/28/2014Previous visits led me to reserve a table for 8 for my sons 20th birthday. I asked for the open and wider side of patio with nice view, i even called the day before to confirm the details. Our group was sqeezed into a narrow passage of tables, it took about 10 min to assist 2 elderly grandparents to their chairs that were narrowly placed between the wall and table. As for yhe view, 4 out of 8 of had a view of the wall. Also as added customer service it would have been nice for hostess and or waitress to acknowledge the birthday person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful deck; servers annoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014When the questionable service starts at the door, you assume the very pregnant hostess is having a rough morning...when it continues to every single member of the serving staff, you have to believe it is a company cultural issue. Otherwise, gorgeous views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDaveDined on 9/27/2014We were a party of four. Everyone really liked their food and note the crab cake were best ever. Trout appetizer was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaturdaynighDatenightDined on 9/27/2014Everything about this restaurant is awesome! Food, service and surroundings.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night at the boatyard!CPgroupiesDined on 9/27/2014Had last minute gathering of former neighbors for dinner at the boatyard. We had 8 adults in our party and were easily accommodated. Service was great and the food awesome. Highly recommend this west side venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedBare1Dined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit. We were very surprised by the service and quality of our meals, both being excellent. Overall, we had a very enjoyable evening eating as the Sun settled over the water.Special Features:
- 2nd time at Rick's.pescatarian24Dined on 9/26/2014Both hostesses Friday evening were extremely rude & unhelpful. As a restaurant general manager, I was appalled by their service. My boyfriend and I watched them wait hand over foot for a patron without a reservation, but afterwards they denied the special request on our reservation, seated us at a dirty table, and failed to send us a server. After re-approaching the hostesses three times, we were given a server, but it was very obvious that we were not in his section and we were a burden on him, despite being a 2-top table that shelled out $200 on food. The food that I did order was prepared correctly and the quality of the ingredients were outstanding but the preparation paled in comparison to same dishes that I ordered only a month ago.Special Features:
- Absolutely Fantastic, a must try!DaveDined on 9/26/2014Everything from the service to the food was outstanding. Zero complaints! I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014As always Rick's was a great experience. Not a 'stuffy' environment - but outdoors and vibrant. Great view of the lake and its wildlife. The food is 'California cousin' and the band is always trendy.Special Features:
- Nice view, Good Food, Good WineLoveEagleCreekDined on 9/24/2014Menu is good, view is good. Our server was Theresa S. Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodHorse4lightDined on 9/22/2014This place is so good we're going back on Thursday and taking friends.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We truly enjoyed our Sunday brunch observing Eagle Creek. Meal was wonderful. Our service was excellent, and the noise level was low. Perfect morning meal.Special Features:
- Rick's had ProblemsMichaelX152Dined on 9/20/2014Our waitress forgot that we existed and it took an hour for us to be served when tables around us were seated, got drinks, had their entree served and left before we got refils. Once we got our dinners, the food was fantastic as it always is. I asked for the manager to voice my concern for the very poor service. Mike, the manager, was very friendy and understanding. Rick's is a fabulous estalishment and even though our service was terrible, the food was great and we'll be back.Special Features:
- excellent in all aspectsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014There were four of us in the party, each ordering diferently, and frankly we all left planning to try the other three entrees in the near future. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- First timersNewbiesDined on 9/19/2014This was our first time visiting Ricks. We were taking out another couple and wanted a new experience. I think we will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedTripleDGuyDined on 9/19/2014Small portions, food was nothing special and it was WAY overpriced. I would reccomend for cocktails and an apptetizer but save your money on there dinner.Special Features:
- Glad we went to Rick'sMainStreetGangDined on 9/17/2014We ate outside. Pleasantly surprised the heaters worked so well. View was wonderful. Bugs bad for about 1.5 hours and sun in eyes of guests facing west. Food very good and we could hear each other and yet still enjoy the live band. 091714Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth time here1957BornMarriedCoupleDined on 9/16/2014We love your restaurant. The outdoor dining, view, ambiance and overall excellence are what attract us. The atmosphere is one of excellence, without being haughty. The service might be better. It seems those who work there are having to cover more tables than what would allow them to provide excellent service. They appear to have to be hustling to get to other tables, without being able to get back to our table to listen with any intentness as to how we are actually doing. We have loved the music in the past. Could hardly hear it Tuesday night 9/16/14.Special Features:
- CookyoDined on 9/14/2014Once again a great dinner and beautiful view. Never Disappoints.Special Features:
- 2nd visit was a dudJLR53Dined on 9/13/2014We were placed at a table stuffed by the door to the deck with constant flow of traffic. The service was very slow and in attentive. The food was disappointing. My entree was supposed to have udon noodles, but had ordinary spaghetti instead.
- Rick's 9/13/2014SkiiDined on 9/13/2014The Saturday night we went to Rick's, it was very busy when we arrived, but we had a reservation and were seated immediately. The service was slower than a tortoise pulling a boulder. Once we were seated it was 20 minutes before any staff came to our table. Once our drink orders were in, it was another 20 minutes before we got them. The waiter said he would be right back to take our orders once he brought the drinks, but he disappeared and it took him another solid 10 minutes to return. The apps and food were outstanding and delicious and somewhat offset the annoyance of the sloooooow service. Overall I would say that I will go back, though if this kind of service is encountered again, there won't be a third return trip.Special Features:
- neglectful serviceserverallyDined on 9/13/2014The first time I went there was during lunch with one other person, the service was a bit slow but everything else was great. I visited the other night however, with 7family members, this time, this visit was far less appealing. Had reservations yet waited 10minutes at least for our table, that's fine. However, once we were sat we didnt see our server for 10-15 minutes, she took our drink orders, it took about another 10minutes to receive the nonalcoholic drinks (15min for alcohol), by the time the drinks got there we were more than ready to order. After ordering it was 20minutes for appetizers and over an hour for entrees! We saw our server only one time once the meal was served, all the tables around seemed to have the same service. AwfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014food was great and service is usually good....left something to be desired this night...took 20 minutes for anyone to come over, then we were told our waiter was too busy and the bar girl who had no idea what she was doing took our order. we appreciated her trying to help but was not a great experience....the food and atmosphere was great though as usualSpecial Features:
- Service Issuesjmiller6148VIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again, we received terrible service. I think it must be the norm for this restaurant. Food was good, service horrible again and again.Special Features: