Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
Mandalay Place 3930 Las Vegas Blvd. South S
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rmseafood.com/
- Phone: 7026329300
- Hours of Operation:
RM Downstairs: Open Daily 11:30am till 11pm
**Lunch Menu: Mon-Fri 11:30am-3pm & Sat/Sun 11:30am-5pm
**Sushi Menu (all day): Daily 11:30am-11pm;
**Dinner Menu: Daily 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Frauenheim
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are 2 private rooms, hosting up to 100 people. Buyout option is available.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Webster 7026327447
A word from Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
In January 2005, the aquatic-chic restaurant, rm seafood joined the newest wave of world class restaurants at Mandalay Place. Award-winning seafood maestro, Rick Moonen, one of the hottest chefs at the helm, was lured from NYC to create rm seafood. A mecca for seafood lovers and hipsters alike, rm seafood is a relaxed rocking bistro atmosphere that also features a world-class sushi bar & coast-coast oysters at the raw bar. Sleek and fresh with a contemporary look, the restaurant is built from mahogany with lots of glass and reminiscent of yachts and wooden boats. Whether creating a new dish with fresh finds from America's best Fish Markets or praising the provenance and quality of eco-friendly seafood, Rick Moonen's passion for seafood is contagious.Continued
Reservations always recommended.
Reservations always recommended.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)special occasion (42)good for groups (30)notable wine list (19)hot spot (15)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Bar was great, food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014We had a group that started at the bar and the service was great - they were very accommodating to work with. When we sat for dinner the service went to not so good - the waiter had a real attitude, one of the people in our group didn't get dinner until the rest of us were halfway through eating. The highlight was that the food itself was very good. Every one in the party was raving about how good it was - especially the fish dinners (as opposed to the steak).Special Features:
- Good Food, but value EmbarrasingLoveditVIPDined on 10/25/2014I had the "surf and surf", along with a salad. All of the food was excellent, and I was prepared to pay premium $$ for good food in Vegas, but I was unprepared for this. The surf and surf comes with three shrimp that are described as "jumbo" (no way) and "lobster meat" (barely half a tail and a claw from a small lobster) over orzo for $60. Although the food and service was great, I am trying to figure out a word to use without using the word ripoff and I'm having trouble thinking of one.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Menu has enough variance to please everyone and the surroundings were pleasant for a business lunch. You wouldn't know you were in Las Vegas ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014not worth the money, very expensive for what you getSpecial Features:
- What a great experienceEastsider101Dined on 10/18/2014Food was tops, service was tops, we thoroughly enjoyed our night.Special Features:
- A nice birthday celebration!JaneKadDined on 10/17/2014We are local and very seldom go on the strip, especially on a weekend. However, it was my 60th so the 6 of us made a night it including dinner at this restaurant. The food was excellent, service was great, only issue is it was pretty noisy. Might have been quieter if we had asked for a table on the "patio".Special Features:
- VacationAnniversaryDined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful time. We shared the Crab Menage A Trios and a Caesar salad which was ample for two and it was marvelous! The waiter was very kind to not rush the meal, so we were able to really enjoy our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceDenverDinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014The quality of the seafood here was excellent. The service was good and they gave us champagne for our anniversary! I had a swordfish, my GF had a surf and surf with lobster, shrimp, and King Crab. Yum.Special Features:
- Not all that impressedFoodyDined on 10/12/2014Upon entry into the restaurant it smelled fishy, this should not happen for a restaurant that serves fresh seafood. Terrible service. Once seated (yes we had reservations) a group of four were seated after us and they got their wine and appy's before our waiter even took our drink order. The waiter did not pull the chair out for us, place our napkin in our laps (these are no brainer tips for higher end 'celebrity' restaurants), bring us bread to start, and/or offer us the tasting menu (we had to ask for the specials and tasting menu). After all this we decided not to have dinner as it was not worth the price, so we just shared a crab cake. I have had better, not all that impressed.
- Great seafood.geokeckDined on 10/10/2014Chef Rick Moonen has a fantastic way of creating his dishes. The Oysters on the half shell were to die for! I appreciate the fact that Rick is an advocate for sustainable fishing & seafood! The Crab duo was one of the great dishes that we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great food but too noisyrmfanDined on 10/9/2014I was in Las Vegas last week and booked a reservation for 7 for dinner. Food was as good as I dreamed but the noise level made the dining with friends experience frustrating and exhausting!Special Features:
- Seafood gem at Mandalay BaySoixante97Dined on 10/9/2014Had a group in for a business dinner, great experience from start to finish - from the bar with friendly staff, to our attentive and engaging waiter. Excellent food, hard to decide between appetizers, entrees and a range of sushi specialties! Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Seafood in all of VegasMarybethDined on 10/9/2014I love the flavors, freshness of your fish. It's the best sashimi, nigiri I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Careful when you goYummyVIPDined on 10/8/2014I have been here before however on this trip they were at capacity. The service is very poor and we waited two hours to have lunch. If there's a line skip and go somewhere elseSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnernew2townDined on 10/3/2014had been looking for nice restaurant for my 65th birthday.Chose this one for the menu. Food was excellent but the service & atmosphere was not. My husband is very fussy when it comes to choosing a table & he told the greeter at the door. We started with cocktails & appys at the bar. we were then shown to a table in a corner facing the escalator ! were eventually seated at a nice table. The maitre de came up to us before we had even opened our menus & apologized for the service! He was right -it was terrible. We even had to pour our own wine! no attention was paid to us at all!
- OvercookedVegasboundDined on 9/29/2014Very overlooked lobster and shrimp. Waiter was great.
- Perfect for Special OccasionsfoodiesweareDined on 9/27/2014Sometimes you really do get what you pay for and that is the case with RM Seafood. Based on our budget, for us, this is a special occasion place. Our server was excellent, attentive, yet not constantly interrupting our conversation. The pace of the meal was perfect, not rushed, even though they knew we had tickets to a show. The Surf and Surf was excellent, but rich - very filling.Special Features:
- OutoftownerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice service, good quality meal. Hard to ask for much more.
- Fantastic experience!Breg0816Dined on 9/24/20145 years ago my husband and I were married at Mandalay Bay and held our dinner reception at RM. It was an amazing night. 5 years later we returned to the resteraunt for our anniversary. We mentioned to the host that we were married there and he made sure everyone serving us knew. The manager came over and congratulated us. The waiter was the same that served us 5 years ago. They brought us champagne and treated us like gold. The food was amazing! Just as good as I remembered. Would highly recommend. Thank you RM. Any trip to vegas will include a dinner at RM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really? We have a reservation...BNoxVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had reservations and went pre-show at 5:15pm. We were really craving oysters. We arrive to an almost completely empty restaurant, and the two hostesses were prepared to seat us. Since the $2 oyster happy hour was from 3p-7p, I asked if our oysters will still be at the happy hour price. These two girls told us NO! They are $4. I explained that we would sit wherever they tell us, but we weren't going to pay double in the same restaurant. We sat at the bar, and had a wonderful meal. (Until the bartender tried to charge us $96 for 24 oysters...) Food GREAT. Staff terrible. Too bad our reserved table, and all the other tables around it, sat empty. Those two girls at the front were terrible.
- Good eats by a good chefSFJoeVIPDined on 9/15/2014I ate there twice in the same week and both times I was very pleased with the freshness of the fish and the outstanding prime cuts of beef. All good to go but not cheap.Special Features:
- So so...rickracerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Went here on one of those post-convention business dinners. The service was great and my colleagues most said that their meals were good. I, however, wasn't very impressed with the SURF AND SURF main course that I got. Reputed to be their "award-winning" dish for the past several years, this lobster, shrimp, and risotto dish was basically overcooked and rubbery. At $60 for a main dish, that's not the best result. Normally, i'd have sent it back but, with some business contacts at the meal, I didn't want to be "that" guy.
- lived up to my expectationsodinlvDined on 9/10/2014We were a group of 5 all here for the first time all from different parts of the country. All the chosen entrees were different and all excellent service was fast, sociable and professional. We would all go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014We ordered an appetizer and then entree. Our appetizer arrived and before we were even half way finished they brought our entrees. Not ok for such a high end restaurant which frankly is way overpriced
- Another good experiencetravelzoofanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food is still great; but would like to try Rick Mooner's casual dining upstairs next time.Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotdelicioVIPDined on 9/4/2014Had an excellent meal at RM, which I orignially selected because of Rick Moonen's notariety. It was a great choice. The "Surf, Surf & Surf" was incredible as was every other course. This is a restaurant I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing seafoodGabrielleDined on 9/1/2014I had the sustainable catch of the day - Grilled Cobia with asparagus 2 ways. It was decadent. The food (entre) made up for awkward service - my servers comments were borderline offensive. I don't know if he realized how his tableside manners were - it would have been better if he didn't bother with small talk at all. I would have given more stars had the service been better.Special Features:
- overpricedmbunnyDined on 8/31/2014good food and service. However, the food is overpriced. Even more expensive than the other restaurant in Mandalay Bay. Not sure why. Food is good, but not so much better to command higher price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Didn't have our reservation, although we had confirmation on phone, our table location suckedSpecial Features:
- Not impressedzeroyonDined on 8/23/2014The prices were unbelievably high and the service didn't match. Yet more than anything, the food was so-so as I had high expectations going in. Some dishes were too rich, some were lacking flavor, the Calamari was the worst I've ever had. I tasted like cheap onion rings from Habit burger or Carl's Jr. Not impressive at all given how much they charged and that it was RM's Calamari. I won't be back and will tell others not to go.
- WonderfulMagicDined on 8/19/2014Great food, Outstanding Service , excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Just OK!JWowDined on 8/18/2014I've been here several times and im over it. The best part about the meal was the sushi, the Hawaiian Sunrise roll and the Futo-Fireball roll are delicious. The dessert sampler was just ok. The service was just ok, just didn't seem to have a good flow, we were seated at a table past the end of the bar which was brighter and just seemed like the "kids table." I've always been seated at what I would call the "main dining area" which is dimmer and more intimate. I felt more like I was at a sports bar than having a fine dining experience. I've typically had great experience in the past but this time around was just ok. I spent a ton of money for 6 people and we were all still hungry after we left. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Hit and MissFoodwinebabeDined on 8/16/2014Having had a fabulous experience at Rick Moonen's other LV establishment The Boiler Room, we had high expectations for RM Seafood. Sadly, the décor was bland, the table small, and the food was sometimes fabulous and other times just ok. Our waiter (and all the wait/bus staff), however, was great and helped make the evening overall positive. I wouldn't highly recommend this restaurant but I wouldn't say to avoid it either. The Thai Papaya salad was beyond delicious, as was the key-lime tart.Special Features:
- Always great foodCaynerVIPDined on 8/15/2014As crazy as this might sound, the corn chowder special and the organic chicken are out of this world good.... And get the PBJ dessert!Special Features:
- MJ dinner in Vegas Dinneravdcpa1951Dined on 8/9/2014It was our 42 anniversary which was acknowledged. Every thing was great....HOWEVER I had the special surf / surf ? surf Most of it was pretty good the billing for that " special" plate was$ 140.....was out of line and ruined the evening for us That's it! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client LunchfoodiecriticDined on 8/7/2014Very good restaurant to bring clients to. Staff was friendly and courteous. Food was great!Special Features:
- Fabulous food, great find!JohnDined on 8/5/2014Seeing the Chef Rick Moonen on Top Chef Masters I was curious about his menu... I love seafood and this restaurant did not disappoint! Also note that the filet was INCREDIBLE as well. My friend and I split the surf and turf and the crab duo. The crab cake was soooooo delicious and the sauce... out of this world. As a forward we had the lobster bisque made with coconut milk! Wow. Our server George was great, very knowledgeable and Amanda was super nice! Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014best seafood restraunt in town. Brought my mom out for a nice dinner and was more than pleased. service and staff is excellent. as we were leaving we were even greated by Rick a great experienceSpecial Features:
- birthdayVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was very good and the service too however very overpriced for a restaurant in a shopping mall.
- dinerDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good and the service was outstanding but the ambience was poor. It felt like we were dining in a cafeteria. For the $$ I expected better.I would recommend this to a friend.