Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
Mandalay Place 3930 Las Vegas Blvd. South S
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rmseafood.com/
- Phone: (702) 632-9300
- Hours of Operation:
RM Downstairs: Open Daily 11:30am till 11pm
**Lunch Menu: Mon-Fri 11:30am-3pm & Sat/Sun 11:30am-5pm
**Sushi Menu (all day): Daily 11:30am-11pm;
**Dinner Menu: Daily 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michael Frauenheim
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are 2 private rooms, hosting up to 100 people. Buyout option is available.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Webster 7026327447
A word from Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
In January 2005, the aquatic-chic restaurant, rm seafood joined the newest wave of world class restaurants at Mandalay Place. Award-winning seafood maestro, Rick Moonen, one of the hottest chefs at the helm, was lured from NYC to create rm seafood. A mecca for seafood lovers and hipsters alike, rm seafood is a relaxed rocking bistro atmosphere that also features a world-class sushi bar & coast-coast oysters at the raw bar. Sleek and fresh with a contemporary look, the restaurant is built from mahogany with lots of glass and reminiscent of yachts and wooden boats. Whether creating a new dish with fresh finds from America's best Fish Markets or praising the provenance and quality of eco-friendly seafood, Rick Moonen's passion for seafood is contagious.Continued
Reservations always recommended.
Reservations always recommended.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (43)good for groups (28)notable wine list (22)hot spot (17)romantic (14)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Incredible Crab!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014I've lived in the Bay Area for about 20 years now, and we're famously persnickety about our crab. Yet I've never had crab as perfectly cooked as I did at RM Seafood. I wish I was a Las Vegas local, because this would quickly become my weekly seafood fix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy serviceKatesterDined on 11/19/2014Server was trying to upscale and add to order like a bad car salesman. Unimpressed. Food was fine, but service injured experience.
- Where's the fish?????MarylandbabyDined on 11/18/2014This was my first experience at Rick's and I don't think I will return. I took a client and we had sandwiches at lunch and there was 75% bun and 25% fish. I had the Codwich and the piece of fish I could find was dry and flat. Not worth the money and I was embarrassed. C'mon guys you can do better! This is Vegas Baby!
- Love ItloveditDined on 11/15/2014We love it at Rick Moonen's restaurant and eat hear whenever we are in Vegas. I must say though, we did miss the "lobster bisque"! It's our favorite and we were disappointed when we found it was no longer on the menu. Please bring it back! Our waiter, Kevin, was outstanding, tending to our every need. And, as always, our dinner was delicious! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDCFoodieDined on 11/14/2014I came to Vegas and wanted to try as many of the notables' restaraunts as possible. I was glad I was able to fit Rick Moonan's into my schedule. I had the clam chowder, surf and surf with added diver sea scallops. It was awesome. I was sat at the bar, which I don't mind--it's just me, why waste a whole table. The service from the bartenders was great. The female bar tender was so attentive and made sure I was happy with everything and that everything was good. I would absolutely recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal of the yearKateMDined on 11/13/2014We visit Las Vegas every year and try to visit at least a few new restaurants every time. This year RM seafood made the list along with Gorson Ramsey steak, Fleur, Hash House & BurGR and we are sure glad that it did! The food was spectacular, we were seated quickly and the service was great. My husbands cioppino was great and the suggested wine pairing was a great match. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection. We also shared te fioe grab app and the tasting game for dessert. Definitely the best meal we had this visit and possibly all year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014I requested a cozy romantic table because it was me and my wife's 15th wedding anniversary. We were seated within arm distance next to loud mouth arrogant tourist. My wife and I couldn't hear each other and eventually blocked out the profanity used by the other table. The price for the meal was $328.00 for two people while our price in the Foundation Room and Charlie Palmer Steakhouse was $150.00 and $213.00 respectively. I think RM Seafood could have done a better job for the price we paid.
- Great for GroupsprincessppmVIPDined on 11/10/2014Made a reservation for 12 people and then expanded to 20. We had a private area and everyone enjoyed the food. The only thing they could have done better was provide an additional waiter. We had 1 waiter for 18 people hence the service was a bit slow. However they did bring out all the main courses at the same time. We preferred to order wine by the glass as many of the guests didn't drink. Dessert trio was amazingly tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the add ons.chowhoundDined on 11/5/2014Good food, however, the add ons were a bit much. $30 for a miniscule amount of truffles. Seemed almost deceptive in their pricing. Ask about the prices of everything and it will be good.Special Features:
- Business Lunch in the MadalayPompousWildBillDined on 10/28/2014Took some customers to lunch during a conference in the Mandalay. They handled 6 very easily. Food was good and noise level low so we could conduct conversations across the table. Service was good and got us out in an hour.Special Features:
- Bar was great, food was very goodaviatormommaDined on 10/27/2014We had a group that started at the bar and the service was great - they were very accommodating to work with. When we sat for dinner the service went to not so good - the waiter had a real attitude, one of the people in our group didn't get dinner until the rest of us were halfway through eating. The highlight was that the food itself was very good. Every one in the party was raving about how good it was - especially the fish dinners (as opposed to the steak).Special Features:
- Best Seafood Ever!piqpstVIPDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I are very critical of the seafood we eat and we were completely amazed how delicious everything was at RM Seafood. Absolute perfection is all we could say when it came to the preparation of everything from the lobster to the scallops. Service was a bit slow with drinks and checking in on how things were, but the food made up for that!Special Features:
- Good Food, but value EmbarrasingLoveditVIPDined on 10/25/2014I had the "surf and surf", along with a salad. All of the food was excellent, and I was prepared to pay premium $$ for good food in Vegas, but I was unprepared for this. The surf and surf comes with three shrimp that are described as "jumbo" (no way) and "lobster meat" (barely half a tail and a claw from a small lobster) over orzo for $60. Although the food and service was great, I am trying to figure out a word to use without using the word ripoff and I'm having trouble thinking of one.
- Can't wait to eat here again!punk1981Dined on 10/25/2014Dined here 10/25/14 The seafood was so fresh it was unreal! Service was friendly, attentive, and prompt. I wore a very nice black blazer and my waitress made sure to give me a black napkin instead of white to avoid white fuzz on my jacket. Brilliant! Pricy, but so worth it. Surf and Turf was awesome, beef was tender and tasty. Finally, the oysters (from the pacific) were so fresh and tasted fantastic. I can't wait to eat here again, my next Vegas trip won't arrive fast enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchMoskierDined on 10/22/2014Menu has enough variance to please everyone and the surroundings were pleasant for a business lunch. You wouldn't know you were in Las Vegas ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014not worth the money, very expensive for what you getSpecial Features:
- What a great experienceEastsider101Dined on 10/18/2014Food was tops, service was tops, we thoroughly enjoyed our night.Special Features:
- A nice birthday celebration!JaneKadDined on 10/17/2014We are local and very seldom go on the strip, especially on a weekend. However, it was my 60th so the 6 of us made a night it including dinner at this restaurant. The food was excellent, service was great, only issue is it was pretty noisy. Might have been quieter if we had asked for a table on the "patio".Special Features:
- VacationAnniversaryDined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful time. We shared the Crab Menage A Trios and a Caesar salad which was ample for two and it was marvelous! The waiter was very kind to not rush the meal, so we were able to really enjoy our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServiceDenverDinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014The quality of the seafood here was excellent. The service was good and they gave us champagne for our anniversary! I had a swordfish, my GF had a surf and surf with lobster, shrimp, and King Crab. Yum.Special Features:
- Not all that impressedFoodyDined on 10/12/2014Upon entry into the restaurant it smelled fishy, this should not happen for a restaurant that serves fresh seafood. Terrible service. Once seated (yes we had reservations) a group of four were seated after us and they got their wine and appy's before our waiter even took our drink order. The waiter did not pull the chair out for us, place our napkin in our laps (these are no brainer tips for higher end 'celebrity' restaurants), bring us bread to start, and/or offer us the tasting menu (we had to ask for the specials and tasting menu). After all this we decided not to have dinner as it was not worth the price, so we just shared a crab cake. I have had better, not all that impressed.
- Great seafood.geokeckDined on 10/10/2014Chef Rick Moonen has a fantastic way of creating his dishes. The Oysters on the half shell were to die for! I appreciate the fact that Rick is an advocate for sustainable fishing & seafood! The Crab duo was one of the great dishes that we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great food but too noisyrmfanDined on 10/9/2014I was in Las Vegas last week and booked a reservation for 7 for dinner. Food was as good as I dreamed but the noise level made the dining with friends experience frustrating and exhausting!Special Features:
- Seafood gem at Mandalay BaySoixante97Dined on 10/9/2014Had a group in for a business dinner, great experience from start to finish - from the bar with friendly staff, to our attentive and engaging waiter. Excellent food, hard to decide between appetizers, entrees and a range of sushi specialties! Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Seafood in all of VegasMarybethDined on 10/9/2014I love the flavors, freshness of your fish. It's the best sashimi, nigiri I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Careful when you goYummyVIPDined on 10/8/2014I have been here before however on this trip they were at capacity. The service is very poor and we waited two hours to have lunch. If there's a line skip and go somewhere elseSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnernew2townDined on 10/3/2014had been looking for nice restaurant for my 65th birthday.Chose this one for the menu. Food was excellent but the service & atmosphere was not. My husband is very fussy when it comes to choosing a table & he told the greeter at the door. We started with cocktails & appys at the bar. we were then shown to a table in a corner facing the escalator ! were eventually seated at a nice table. The maitre de came up to us before we had even opened our menus & apologized for the service! He was right -it was terrible. We even had to pour our own wine! no attention was paid to us at all!
- OvercookedVegasboundDined on 9/29/2014Very overlooked lobster and shrimp. Waiter was great.
- Perfect for Special OccasionsfoodiesweareDined on 9/27/2014Sometimes you really do get what you pay for and that is the case with RM Seafood. Based on our budget, for us, this is a special occasion place. Our server was excellent, attentive, yet not constantly interrupting our conversation. The pace of the meal was perfect, not rushed, even though they knew we had tickets to a show. The Surf and Surf was excellent, but rich - very filling.Special Features:
- OutoftownerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice service, good quality meal. Hard to ask for much more.
- Fantastic experience!Breg0816Dined on 9/24/20145 years ago my husband and I were married at Mandalay Bay and held our dinner reception at RM. It was an amazing night. 5 years later we returned to the resteraunt for our anniversary. We mentioned to the host that we were married there and he made sure everyone serving us knew. The manager came over and congratulated us. The waiter was the same that served us 5 years ago. They brought us champagne and treated us like gold. The food was amazing! Just as good as I remembered. Would highly recommend. Thank you RM. Any trip to vegas will include a dinner at RM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really? We have a reservation...BNoxVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had reservations and went pre-show at 5:15pm. We were really craving oysters. We arrive to an almost completely empty restaurant, and the two hostesses were prepared to seat us. Since the $2 oyster happy hour was from 3p-7p, I asked if our oysters will still be at the happy hour price. These two girls told us NO! They are $4. I explained that we would sit wherever they tell us, but we weren't going to pay double in the same restaurant. We sat at the bar, and had a wonderful meal. (Until the bartender tried to charge us $96 for 24 oysters...) Food GREAT. Staff terrible. Too bad our reserved table, and all the other tables around it, sat empty. Those two girls at the front were terrible.
- Good eats by a good chefSFJoeVIPDined on 9/15/2014I ate there twice in the same week and both times I was very pleased with the freshness of the fish and the outstanding prime cuts of beef. All good to go but not cheap.Special Features:
- So so...rickracerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Went here on one of those post-convention business dinners. The service was great and my colleagues most said that their meals were good. I, however, wasn't very impressed with the SURF AND SURF main course that I got. Reputed to be their "award-winning" dish for the past several years, this lobster, shrimp, and risotto dish was basically overcooked and rubbery. At $60 for a main dish, that's not the best result. Normally, i'd have sent it back but, with some business contacts at the meal, I didn't want to be "that" guy.
- lived up to my expectationsodinlvDined on 9/10/2014We were a group of 5 all here for the first time all from different parts of the country. All the chosen entrees were different and all excellent service was fast, sociable and professional. We would all go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014We ordered an appetizer and then entree. Our appetizer arrived and before we were even half way finished they brought our entrees. Not ok for such a high end restaurant which frankly is way overpriced
- Another good experiencetravelzoofanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food is still great; but would like to try Rick Mooner's casual dining upstairs next time.Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotdelicioVIPDined on 9/4/2014Had an excellent meal at RM, which I orignially selected because of Rick Moonen's notariety. It was a great choice. The "Surf, Surf & Surf" was incredible as was every other course. This is a restaurant I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing seafoodGabrielleDined on 9/1/2014I had the sustainable catch of the day - Grilled Cobia with asparagus 2 ways. It was decadent. The food (entre) made up for awkward service - my servers comments were borderline offensive. I don't know if he realized how his tableside manners were - it would have been better if he didn't bother with small talk at all. I would have given more stars had the service been better.Special Features:
- overpricedmbunnyDined on 8/31/2014good food and service. However, the food is overpriced. Even more expensive than the other restaurant in Mandalay Bay. Not sure why. Food is good, but not so much better to command higher price.Special Features: