Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
Mandalay Place 3930 Las Vegas Blvd. South S
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rmseafood.com/
- Phone: 7026329300
- Hours of Operation:
RM Downstairs: Open Daily 11:30am till 11pm
**Lunch Menu: Mon-Fri 11:30am-3pm & Sat/Sun 11:30am-5pm
**Sushi Menu (all day): Daily 11:30am-11pm;
**Dinner Menu: Daily 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rick Moonen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are 2 private rooms, hosting up to 100 people. Buyout option is available.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Webster 7026327447
A word from Rick Moonen's RM Seafood
In January 2005, the aquatic-chic restaurant, rm seafood joined the newest wave of world class restaurants at Mandalay Place. Award-winning seafood maestro, Rick Moonen, one of the hottest chefs at the helm, was lured from NYC to create rm seafood. A mecca for seafood lovers and hipsters alike, rm seafood is a relaxed rocking bistro atmosphere that also features a world-class sushi bar & coast-coast oysters at the raw bar. Sleek and fresh with a contemporary look, the restaurant is built from mahogany with lots of glass and reminiscent of yachts and wooden boats. Whether creating a new dish with fresh finds from America's best Fish Markets or praising the provenance and quality of eco-friendly seafood, Rick Moonen's passion for seafood is contagious.Continued
Reservations always recommended.
Reservations always recommended.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Rick Moonen's RM Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)special occasion (49)good for groups (28)notable wine list (20)romantic (15)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good eats by a good chefSFJoeVIPDined on 9/15/2014I ate there twice in the same week and both times I was very pleased with the freshness of the fish and the outstanding prime cuts of beef. All good to go but not cheap.Special Features:
- So so...rickracerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Went here on one of those post-convention business dinners. The service was great and my colleagues most said that their meals were good. I, however, wasn't very impressed with the SURF AND SURF main course that I got. Reputed to be their "award-winning" dish for the past several years, this lobster, shrimp, and risotto dish was basically overcooked and rubbery. At $60 for a main dish, that's not the best result. Normally, i'd have sent it back but, with some business contacts at the meal, I didn't want to be "that" guy.
- lived up to my expectationsodinlvDined on 9/10/2014We were a group of 5 all here for the first time all from different parts of the country. All the chosen entrees were different and all excellent service was fast, sociable and professional. We would all go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014We ordered an appetizer and then entree. Our appetizer arrived and before we were even half way finished they brought our entrees. Not ok for such a high end restaurant which frankly is way overpriced
- Another good experiencetravelzoofanDined on 9/6/2014Food is still great; but would like to try Rick Mooner's casual dining upstairs next time.Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotdelicioVIPDined on 9/4/2014Had an excellent meal at RM, which I orignially selected because of Rick Moonen's notariety. It was a great choice. The "Surf, Surf & Surf" was incredible as was every other course. This is a restaurant I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing seafoodGabrielleDined on 9/1/2014I had the sustainable catch of the day - Grilled Cobia with asparagus 2 ways. It was decadent. The food (entre) made up for awkward service - my servers comments were borderline offensive. I don't know if he realized how his tableside manners were - it would have been better if he didn't bother with small talk at all. I would have given more stars had the service been better.Special Features:
- overpricedmbunnyDined on 8/31/2014good food and service. However, the food is overpriced. Even more expensive than the other restaurant in Mandalay Bay. Not sure why. Food is good, but not so much better to command higher price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Didn't have our reservation, although we had confirmation on phone, our table location suckedSpecial Features:
- Not impressedzeroyonDined on 8/23/2014The prices were unbelievably high and the service didn't match. Yet more than anything, the food was so-so as I had high expectations going in. Some dishes were too rich, some were lacking flavor, the Calamari was the worst I've ever had. I tasted like cheap onion rings from Habit burger or Carl's Jr. Not impressive at all given how much they charged and that it was RM's Calamari. I won't be back and will tell others not to go.
- WonderfulMagicDined on 8/19/2014Great food, Outstanding Service , excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Just OK!JWowDined on 8/18/2014I've been here several times and im over it. The best part about the meal was the sushi, the Hawaiian Sunrise roll and the Futo-Fireball roll are delicious. The dessert sampler was just ok. The service was just ok, just didn't seem to have a good flow, we were seated at a table past the end of the bar which was brighter and just seemed like the "kids table." I've always been seated at what I would call the "main dining area" which is dimmer and more intimate. I felt more like I was at a sports bar than having a fine dining experience. I've typically had great experience in the past but this time around was just ok. I spent a ton of money for 6 people and we were all still hungry after we left. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Hit and MissFoodwinebabeDined on 8/16/2014Having had a fabulous experience at Rick Moonen's other LV establishment The Boiler Room, we had high expectations for RM Seafood. Sadly, the décor was bland, the table small, and the food was sometimes fabulous and other times just ok. Our waiter (and all the wait/bus staff), however, was great and helped make the evening overall positive. I wouldn't highly recommend this restaurant but I wouldn't say to avoid it either. The Thai Papaya salad was beyond delicious, as was the key-lime tart.Special Features:
- Always great foodCaynerVIPDined on 8/15/2014As crazy as this might sound, the corn chowder special and the organic chicken are out of this world good.... And get the PBJ dessert!Special Features:
- MJ dinner in Vegas Dinneravdcpa1951Dined on 8/9/2014It was our 42 anniversary which was acknowledged. Every thing was great....HOWEVER I had the special surf / surf ? surf Most of it was pretty good the billing for that " special" plate was$ 140.....was out of line and ruined the evening for us That's it! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client LunchfoodiecriticDined on 8/7/2014Very good restaurant to bring clients to. Staff was friendly and courteous. Food was great!Special Features:
- Fabulous food, great find!JohnDined on 8/5/2014Seeing the Chef Rick Moonen on Top Chef Masters I was curious about his menu... I love seafood and this restaurant did not disappoint! Also note that the filet was INCREDIBLE as well. My friend and I split the surf and turf and the crab duo. The crab cake was soooooo delicious and the sauce... out of this world. As a forward we had the lobster bisque made with coconut milk! Wow. Our server George was great, very knowledgeable and Amanda was super nice! Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014best seafood restraunt in town. Brought my mom out for a nice dinner and was more than pleased. service and staff is excellent. as we were leaving we were even greated by Rick a great experienceSpecial Features:
- birthdayVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was very good and the service too however very overpriced for a restaurant in a shopping mall.
- dinerDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good and the service was outstanding but the ambience was poor. It felt like we were dining in a cafeteria. For the $$ I expected better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood was ok, expensivefoodieDined on 8/1/2014For the quality of the food, it was a little over priced. Crab cake was delicious. Scallops were delicious. Do not get the sturgeon. No flavor in the fish.
- Amazing experiencemom2mastiffsDined on 7/22/2014Oysters as appetizers were sweet and tasty. I had Cobia and my business partner had the barramundi. Both were melt in your mouth fish with great flavor. Dessert was the key lime pie and the 16 flavor ice cream and sorbet sampler. We were even lucky enough to have Rick stop by our table!! Amazing food with impeccable service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKarenDined on 7/21/2014Everything about our dining experience was geat. The food was prepared perfectly and presented beautifully. Our waiter was very attentive . We had two very well behaved children with us and although they do not have a children's menu, they were able to accommodate them. Would be a perfect place for a special occasion meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/20/2014I had not visited Rick Moonen's since the change in format. I was expecting the fine dining restaurant that was formerly upstairs. Evidently, upstairs is now very casual fare; downstairs is upscale. But this was NOT fine dining. Linen napkins, but no table cloths. That was okay. But honestly, I could have been at McCormick & Schmick's. Ordered oysters, which were good. BUT the red wine vinegar they use is very overpowering. Destroyed the delicate flavor of the oysters. Surprising. The entree I ordered was the special catch of the day. Fine. Not outstanding. Service was attentive, but nothing special. Had to flag down the Manager to get a second glass of wine (previously ordered) after my entree had arrived. Disappointing.
- DisappointedVegasFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Just not what we expected at all..... server was knowledgeable and gave us a great lesson about sustainable fish ....... Presentation of food was nice but it was nothing special and it was our first night in Vegas and we were looking forward to being wowed...... didn't happen
- Great diningchasDined on 7/15/2014We were looking for seafood in Vegas and this was a gem. We rdered appitizer mussels as an entre and scallops both were excellent. Wine was pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spicemonicaDined on 7/15/2014Like the food but everything too spice. Eveyone ate the restaurant are very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodgoodfoodDined on 7/13/2014Wonderful dinner. Our server was amazing and pointed out all his favorites on the menu. Fantastic experience and delicious food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2014No delivery of fresh sea food the day of our reservation. Best dishes unavailable.
- SpectacularPeriVIPDined on 7/11/2014Was in Vegas for 5 days and this was, hands down, the best meal of the trip. Service was phenomenal and each dish was brilliant in it's own right. Oyster shooters where a fave and uniquely presented and lobster bisque had actual chunks of lobster tail, not something you come across every day. Was so good went back for happy hour on the last day of the trip and tried the sushi bar which was also great.Special Features:
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Was visiting Vegas for the fourth of July weekend and decided to dine here before going to the MJ cirque du soleil show. The food was fantastic. The service was good but did not meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Fantastic PricesGMoneyDined on 7/4/2014The food was superb! My wife and I enjoyed the daily special of a chicken sandwich with fries. She ate the Maine Lobster Rolls, which were EXCELLENT! We would definitely go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & excellent servicecleoVIPDined on 7/3/2014we ordered off of the raw food menu and it was outstanding! service was great and our server was very attentive and made excellent recommendations based upon our preferences.Special Features:
- Seafood Lovers UniteEpicurean45VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food (White Clam Chowder and Surf, Surf & Surf) were great. The chowder was light with a nice little kick to it. The three surfs were a poached lobster tail, jumbo shrimp and diver scallops on a bed of risotto. This is fresh seafood prepared in a very inspiring way. And it is simply delicious. The service was very good - attentive without being overbearing. My only knock on the place is the number of tables and chairs that they have set up. During a busy time, you feel somewhat sardined and relegated to listen to other tables' conversations. Getting in and out from the tables is not easy when the tables around you are occupied. But the seafood will (hopefully) keep you coming back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014We had a great time! We tried the large shellfish platter which was awesome. Clams, mussels, oysters, shrimp, crab and lobster, of my! They oysters were particularly delicious. For dessert we tried the ice cream game which was fun and delicious. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. We never had to ask for anything. Chef Rock Moonen was there and gracious enough to come wet us and take a picture. Really great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysSGB222Dined on 7/1/2014Impeccable food, attentive but un-rushed service, knowledgeable wait staffSpecial Features:
- Great Fish, Outstanding ServicegjhslcDined on 6/30/2014As environmentally conscious pescetarians, it's important for us to find restaurants that offer sustainable fish options. RM Seafood offers a wonderful selection of starters and main dishes (we didn't try the sushi; next time!) and serves decent portions. Our side dishes were superb as were the cocktails. But best of all was the service! Our waiter was attentive and personable. He offered a quick and satisfying solution to our original drink order. In addition, the chef who served our meals hot from the kitchen was enthusiastic and informative about the food she was setting down in front of us (and she's got a smooth radio-friendly voice, which was very appealing)! Forget the Rio Seafood Buffet! We'll be back here next time we're in Vegas!Special Features:
- fabulous night outcook4meDined on 6/24/2014the food was fantastic, loved the dessert sampler to end a perfect meal, wait staff was excellentSpecial Features:
- Must Have Sushi!!ebsnowhillDined on 6/20/2014RM has an outstanding selection of sushi rolls that are unique and tasty. This is a great place for a group of friends, and perfect for sharing!Special Features:
- Good, but priceyOrganic21VIPDined on 6/20/2014We had lunch here before leaving Las Vegas. There is a lunch menu, but watch out for the recommendation of dinner items that are not on the lunch menu. The server did not mention the price and it was a shock. My companion had the cioppino, which was a pasta base instead of a stew. He was not told by the server that it is very spicy. It did have a good amount of fish in it. I had the recommended lobster Mac and cheese from the dinner menu. When we realized that we had been charged $49 for just the Mac and cheese with no bread or salad, it was disappointing. I'm not sure if we will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.