Rick Erwin's West End Grille
648 South Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin's West End Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rickerwins.com/
- Phone: (864) 232-8999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Until. Bar opens daily at 4:00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cubberly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're hosting a small social gathering or large business function, Rick Erwin's will custom-tailor an event worthy of the occasion. Our private dining room is intimate and striking, sophisticated and comfortable. This semi-private, glass-encased dining room seats up to 24 and is adjacent to an elegant wine cellar with a vast selection of fine wines.
In a semi-private setting we can accommodate up to 50 additional guests, thereby accommodating parties of up to 75 guests.
Our full-time dining professionals will guide you in planning an event to remember. We value the opportunity to host your event, and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Our private dining area simply requires a reservation. We do not require deposits or contracts, thereby making your experience as easy as possible.
NEW - We are now offering private lunch party services for your special afternoon occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532x
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or Sarah@redininggroup.com
A word from Rick Erwin's West End Grille
Located in Greenville’s Historic West End district, Rick Erwin’s West End Grille is a traditional American steak and seafood house that takes fine dining to new levels. With a stylish bar, cozy wine cellar, and inviting dining room bathed in rich, dark woods, Rick Erwin’s boasts an atmosphere infused with ambiance and complemented by an extensive contemporary menu and fine wine list. At the same time, intimate and striking, sophisticated and comfortable. A private glass-encased dining room seats 24 and is adjacent to an elegant wine cellar with a vast selection of fine wines. Atop the restaurant is a private 1,400 square-foot loft apartment available for private dinners and special events. A passion for exquisite food and exceptional service inspired Rick Erwin, a Greenville native, to open Rick Erwin’s West End Grille. We recognize the most important part of our restaurant is supremely satisfied guests. Our commitment is a memorable, outstanding dining experience for every guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rick Erwin's West End Grille - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin's West End Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)romantic (113)notable wine list (105)fit for foodies (95)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (53)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (11)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best in GreenvilleTigerDined on 11/17/2014While some of Erwin's other places are not outstanding the West End Grille continues to be tops in all categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Rick's was fantastic and charming. Classy-not snobby, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining At Rick ErwinsCaneFanDined on 11/15/2014This was the first time my wife an I stayed in Greenville and we found it to be a verly lovely palce to visit. Since it was our 37th wedding anniversary we started asking about the restaurants in the area as we were riding the trolley around town, The gentleman driving told us about Rick Erwins place and suggested we make a reservation. Well upon our arrival they greeted us at the door asked our name and took us to a nice little cozy table set up for two. The waiter we had was fantastic and so was the young lady that kept our glass full of water. The waiter made some great suggestion. Even Mr Erwin came by to say hello. We couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. Tank you Rick Erwins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceNovember88Dined on 11/15/2014We come here several times a year for the food and service, you just don't find betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine before a play.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Got us out in time for the play, but did not feel rushed. Liked that the offer small plates for those of us that like a good meal, but smaller portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The best grouper I've eaten in forever, I grew up eating this wonderful fish living in the bahamas, so I was impressed. My husband loved his scallops as much also. Thanks for great food.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Good food, Great Service. I think this is a top 5 place in The Upstate to eat. Also has a nice bar and great service at both the restaurant and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burnt foodFoodieDined on 11/7/2014Mussels were cold and toast was burnt. What a disappointment.Special Features:
- great date night outHeymanDined on 11/7/2014This was our first visit and it was perfect for our date night. The food, service, and atmosphere were exceptional--Amanda, our server was professional, courteous, and so helpful in explaining the impressive wine list and making suggestions for dinner--we ordered the bone-in ribeye (cooked to perfection), asparagus (amazingly seasoned and not a single awkward bite, fresh! ), and the mashed potatoes (so creamy and delicious). My boyfriend and I were thoroughly impressed and will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantJerryTDined on 11/4/2014food was excellent and so was the service. It was my wife' birthday and she was treated to a creme brule, her favorite. highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Expensive, ButGeorgeDined on 11/3/2014Great food and attention to detail in all aspects. Wide range of choices on the menu. Some "bargains" on the wine list. If you are on an expense account or a for a special events, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Great restaurant. Seated quickly and accommodated our special seating needs. Attentive service. Outstanding food. Good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great - never disappoints!FoodloversDined on 10/28/2014Once again we had a wonderful meal and service at RI's. I always recommend it to out of town guests or newcomers but only because we always have such good experience when we go there. Try it if you have not !! - - and you know if you have been you want to go again -- so DO IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great experience, enjoyed the food and amazing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Meal!NY02TransplantDined on 10/24/2014Our server, David, was a pro. He knew his menu, the wine, the best preparation for the steaks, and knew when to just let us talk and catch up and when to change out the courses. His commitment to quality customer service equaled the meal. The meal was wonderful. Each course as good, if not better than the one prior. The best steak I have had at a restaurant, ever.Special Features:
- So SoDeliciousDined on 10/23/2014Party of four. Nothing great to write about. Sweet potatoes ruined with marshmellows. Really. Mashed potatoes ruined with cheese. Served me a huge stalk of broccoli which I had to trim myself. My steak was too chewy. Desserts were okay. I think it was overpriced and they should leave well enough alone. Also disliked the peanuts with my bread pudding.Special Features:
- 5 Days ShortTonyVIPDined on 10/22/2014Visiting twice this week...is 5 days short of the amount I would like to enjoy the great food, friends, and fellowship at Ricks! Second to none in fine dining. Thanks again to the entire staff for a fantastic job of taking care of me, and my visitors!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who needs a knife!GolfCartOutfittersDined on 10/21/2014Hands down this was the best steak I have ever eaten. I ordered the 20oz bone-in ribeye, and it was unbelievable. The knife just seemed to melt through the meat. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceRonaldVIPDined on 10/21/2014One of the best meals i've enjoyed in a good whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014We were taking our 24 year old daughter out for her birthday to her requested restaurant. We all enjoyed it, but she did particularly. The food was wonderful and the service spot on.Special Features:
- Wonderful!writer272002Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I dined here for our first-ever Away From the Child night. We left our daughter with her grandparents and came to Greenville -- we'd never been -- to stay on the river. We had researched some recommendations from friends but decided on the West End Grille because we liked the look of the menu. Our waitress was outstanding. We were pleasantly surprised when we ordered several things and mentioned to her that we were planning on splitting them -- and when our food arrived, everything had been neatly split down the middle on two plates, even our side dishes, which saved us the hassle of splitting it and passing things back and forth. Rick Erwin himself came by to say hello and ask how things were. A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special attentionGREATDined on 10/17/2014I love Rick Erwin's they spend extra time making sure all patrons needs are met with the most well trained & educational staffSpecial Features:
- foodieDined on 10/17/2014Food and presentation was excellent!! Rick Erwin personally came to each table and spoke to the diners. I had the mixed greens half salad and it is the best in town! I love the option of small servings or regular servings on the salads and entrees.Special Features:
- A must visitCAJIfromNJDined on 10/13/2014West End Grill earned 10 Stars. Food was fantastic, service was outstanding. Rick Erwin even visited our table to say hello.Special Features:
- OutstandingExecutiveCoupleDined on 10/9/2014Easy to critique this restaurant....Everything was managed down to the water glass....superb wait staff complemented the impeccable menu... The food was timely prepared and outstanding...We traveled a goodly distance to get to the restaurant and will do so again....Most impressive was to see Rick Erwin there himself on an early weeknight speaking with patrons...If there was a six star rating, I would give it. Having managed restaurants early in my career, I recognize the effort shown here....nothing short of unrelenting as to the attention to the small things...The restaurant was full yet everything was paced to allow for relaxed dining in a quiet atmosphere...Most impressive.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with average service.TheAverageGuyDined on 10/9/2014Great food but you will pay for it as expected from a top rated restaurant like Rick Erwin's. Well worth it however I would have expected better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LuvareservationDined on 10/4/2014Obtaining a reservation the night of the YoYo Ma concert at the Peace Center was difficult. We finally found one at Rick Erwin's West End Grille. We'll be back! The dinner was perfectly prepared and delicious. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Nice atmosphere too.Special Features:
- Always an excellent choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We eat here about 3-4 times per year. We enjoy a nice dinner! Never disappointed!! Definitely a go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCE only one mistakeAwesomeDined on 10/2/2014Great waitress and food. Rick Irwin stopped by our table. Only snag, was offered half swordfish and half Sea Bass (waitress recommended). On bill full Swordfish meal charge plus $20 for Sea Bass. Seems pretty steep!! She made it sound like I only pay for one meal since portions were cut in half. Otherwise great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Diningupstate31Dined on 10/2/2014Wonderful ambiance. Excellent food. The lamb chops are the best around and the crab cakes are top as well.Special Features:
- Overall wonderful!JanieDined on 9/27/2014We so enjoyed our first dining experience at Rick Erwin's West End. From the ambiance, to the service to the excellent cuisine! Will definitely return to try the many other interesting menu items. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceDisappointedPatronDined on 9/20/2014Service was abysmal. I called in earlier and was told that there was a $20 corking fee if I brought in my own bottle of wine, I was fine with this. Apparently that upset my original server as he introduced himself, saw I had my own bottle and then he pawned me off on another server. The next server, Andy, wasn't helpful and was rude. My date and I got a starter, salads, sides, and entrees. By the end we still had a considerable amount of food (entrees and sides) left on our plates, enough to need boxes. Andy asked if we were still working on our plates and when we said, "No," he didn't offer boxes, but started stacking plates on top of each other. I spent $130 pre-tip and $158 after. I shouldn't have tipped as much. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.
- dandon6766Dined on 9/20/2014We went for a special dinner - our 18th anniversary and my parents' 30th...it was soooo worth it! Our server was very energetic and knowledgeable. He knew the fine balance of being available but not obtrusive. It was the highlight of our 4 day trip to the Greenville/Table Rock area. We are already planning our next dinner at this wonderful restaurant! Thank you also for the wonderful desserts you gave us for our anniversaries!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summarycoletteDined on 9/20/2014I was sitting at an angle at a table really too small for for all our dishes for 2. where I was seated there was such a glare from the window I could not see my friends face across from me. uncomfortable…I had asked for a booth when I made the reservation and they said no problem, but were not give that for some reason. Nice meal and service was great and he made my bday great. The cosmo was perfect…bruised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ourstanding First VisitMikeAndChristiDined on 9/15/2014This was our first visit to Rick Erwin's West End Grill and it will not be our last. Having visited Rick Erwin's other restaurants (Nantucket and Grill Marks), we expected a good experience; however, the West End Grill surpassed our expectations. From our waiter (Darek) to the perfectly grilled steaks (Oscar style), our anniversary dinner was top notch. We are checking our calendars in search of another celebration so we can go back soon ... very soon. Thank you, Rick Erwin and thank you, Darek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencedansreviewsDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent and our waiter was a gem. Ambiance was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Service, food and atmosphere are top notch! Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationlindaluDined on 9/9/2014I mentioned to the hostess that we were celebrating my parents' birthdays, 82 and 84. They made a fuss over my parents, but not too much, and were so attentive to us all evening. The music was a little loud, and they immediately turned it down upon our request. Rick came by our table and made a fuss over my parents. The wine and food was delicious. They offer two specials that include 3 or 4 entrees that are moderately priced but full of flavor! Excellent night. We will go back!!!Special Features:
- Top of the charts in GreenvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Rick Erwins always offers great exposure to out of town guests as Greenville's finest ambiance and cuisine.Special Features:
- Superb Dining!FoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014We chose Rick Erwin's West End Grill to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary because we knew from previous visits that everything would be perfect. The food is always of the highest quality and the service is impeccable. We both had the Surf and Turf which came with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes and we ordered a side of macaroni and cheese. Freshly baked bread and a dish of olive oil and Parmesan cheese for dipping gave us something to munch on while we waited for our salads. For dessert, we shared a piece of chocolate torte along with our coffees. The meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.