Rick Erwin's West End Grille
648 South Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin's West End Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rickerwins.com/
- Phone: 8642328999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Until. Bar opens daily at 4:00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cubberly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're hosting a small social gathering or large business function, Rick Erwin's will custom-tailor an event worthy of the occasion. Our private dining room is intimate and striking, sophisticated and comfortable. This semi-private, glass-encased dining room seats up to 24 and is adjacent to an elegant wine cellar with a vast selection of fine wines.
In a semi-private setting we can accommodate up to 50 additional guests, thereby accommodating parties of up to 75 guests.
Our full-time dining professionals will guide you in planning an event to remember. We value the opportunity to host your event, and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Our private dining area simply requires a reservation. We do not require deposits or contracts, thereby making your experience as easy as possible.
NEW - We are now offering private lunch party services for your special afternoon occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532x
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or Sarah@redininggroup.com
A word from Rick Erwin's West End Grille
Located in Greenville’s Historic West End district, Rick Erwin’s West End Grille is a traditional American steak and seafood house that takes fine dining to new levels. With a stylish bar, cozy wine cellar, and inviting dining room bathed in rich, dark woods, Rick Erwin’s boasts an atmosphere infused with ambiance and complemented by an extensive contemporary menu and fine wine list. At the same time, intimate and striking, sophisticated and comfortable. A private glass-encased dining room seats 24 and is adjacent to an elegant wine cellar with a vast selection of fine wines. Atop the restaurant is a private 1,400 square-foot loft apartment available for private dinners and special events. A passion for exquisite food and exceptional service inspired Rick Erwin, a Greenville native, to open Rick Erwin’s West End Grille. We recognize the most important part of our restaurant is supremely satisfied guests. Our commitment is a memorable, outstanding dining experience for every guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rick Erwin's West End Grille - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin's West End Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)romantic (108)notable wine list (89)fit for foodies (85)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (9)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Always Great - never disappoints!FoodloversDined on 10/28/2014Once again we had a wonderful meal and service at RI's. I always recommend it to out of town guests or newcomers but only because we always have such good experience when we go there. Try it if you have not !! - - and you know if you have been you want to go again -- so DO IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great experience, enjoyed the food and amazing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Meal!NY02TransplantDined on 10/24/2014Our server, David, was a pro. He knew his menu, the wine, the best preparation for the steaks, and knew when to just let us talk and catch up and when to change out the courses. His commitment to quality customer service equaled the meal. The meal was wonderful. Each course as good, if not better than the one prior. The best steak I have had at a restaurant, ever.Special Features:
- So SoDeliciousDined on 10/23/2014Party of four. Nothing great to write about. Sweet potatoes ruined with marshmellows. Really. Mashed potatoes ruined with cheese. Served me a huge stalk of broccoli which I had to trim myself. My steak was too chewy. Desserts were okay. I think it was overpriced and they should leave well enough alone. Also disliked the peanuts with my bread pudding.Special Features:
- 5 Days ShortTonyVIPDined on 10/22/2014Visiting twice this week...is 5 days short of the amount I would like to enjoy the great food, friends, and fellowship at Ricks! Second to none in fine dining. Thanks again to the entire staff for a fantastic job of taking care of me, and my visitors!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who needs a knife!GolfCartOutfittersDined on 10/21/2014Hands down this was the best steak I have ever eaten. I ordered the 20oz bone-in ribeye, and it was unbelievable. The knife just seemed to melt through the meat. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceRonaldVIPDined on 10/21/2014One of the best meals i've enjoyed in a good whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014We were taking our 24 year old daughter out for her birthday to her requested restaurant. We all enjoyed it, but she did particularly. The food was wonderful and the service spot on.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 10/17/2014Food and presentation was excellent!! Rick Erwin personally came to each table and spoke to the diners. I had the mixed greens half salad and it is the best in town! I love the option of small servings or regular servings on the salads and entrees.Special Features:
- A must visitCAJIfromNJDined on 10/13/2014West End Grill earned 10 Stars. Food was fantastic, service was outstanding. Rick Erwin even visited our table to say hello.Special Features:
- OutstandingExecutiveCoupleDined on 10/9/2014Easy to critique this restaurant....Everything was managed down to the water glass....superb wait staff complemented the impeccable menu... The food was timely prepared and outstanding...We traveled a goodly distance to get to the restaurant and will do so again....Most impressive was to see Rick Erwin there himself on an early weeknight speaking with patrons...If there was a six star rating, I would give it. Having managed restaurants early in my career, I recognize the effort shown here....nothing short of unrelenting as to the attention to the small things...The restaurant was full yet everything was paced to allow for relaxed dining in a quiet atmosphere...Most impressive.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with average service.TheAverageGuyDined on 10/9/2014Great food but you will pay for it as expected from a top rated restaurant like Rick Erwin's. Well worth it however I would have expected better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LuvareservationDined on 10/4/2014Obtaining a reservation the night of the YoYo Ma concert at the Peace Center was difficult. We finally found one at Rick Erwin's West End Grille. We'll be back! The dinner was perfectly prepared and delicious. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Nice atmosphere too.Special Features:
- Always an excellent choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We eat here about 3-4 times per year. We enjoy a nice dinner! Never disappointed!! Definitely a go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCE only one mistakeAwesomeDined on 10/2/2014Great waitress and food. Rick Irwin stopped by our table. Only snag, was offered half swordfish and half Sea Bass (waitress recommended). On bill full Swordfish meal charge plus $20 for Sea Bass. Seems pretty steep!! She made it sound like I only pay for one meal since portions were cut in half. Otherwise great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Diningupstate31Dined on 10/2/2014Wonderful ambiance. Excellent food. The lamb chops are the best around and the crab cakes are top as well.Special Features:
- Overall wonderful!JanieDined on 9/27/2014We so enjoyed our first dining experience at Rick Erwin's West End. From the ambiance, to the service to the excellent cuisine! Will definitely return to try the many other interesting menu items. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceDisappointedPatronDined on 9/20/2014Service was abysmal. I called in earlier and was told that there was a $20 corking fee if I brought in my own bottle of wine, I was fine with this. Apparently that upset my original server as he introduced himself, saw I had my own bottle and then he pawned me off on another server. The next server, Andy, wasn't helpful and was rude. My date and I got a starter, salads, sides, and entrees. By the end we still had a considerable amount of food (entrees and sides) left on our plates, enough to need boxes. Andy asked if we were still working on our plates and when we said, "No," he didn't offer boxes, but started stacking plates on top of each other. I spent $130 pre-tip and $158 after. I shouldn't have tipped as much. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.
- dandon6766Dined on 9/20/2014We went for a special dinner - our 18th anniversary and my parents' 30th...it was soooo worth it! Our server was very energetic and knowledgeable. He knew the fine balance of being available but not obtrusive. It was the highlight of our 4 day trip to the Greenville/Table Rock area. We are already planning our next dinner at this wonderful restaurant! Thank you also for the wonderful desserts you gave us for our anniversaries!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summarycoletteDined on 9/20/2014I was sitting at an angle at a table really too small for for all our dishes for 2. where I was seated there was such a glare from the window I could not see my friends face across from me. uncomfortable…I had asked for a booth when I made the reservation and they said no problem, but were not give that for some reason. Nice meal and service was great and he made my bday great. The cosmo was perfect…bruised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ourstanding First VisitMikeAndChristiDined on 9/15/2014This was our first visit to Rick Erwin's West End Grill and it will not be our last. Having visited Rick Erwin's other restaurants (Nantucket and Grill Marks), we expected a good experience; however, the West End Grill surpassed our expectations. From our waiter (Darek) to the perfectly grilled steaks (Oscar style), our anniversary dinner was top notch. We are checking our calendars in search of another celebration so we can go back soon ... very soon. Thank you, Rick Erwin and thank you, Darek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencedansreviewsDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent and our waiter was a gem. Ambiance was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Service, food and atmosphere are top notch! Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationlindaluDined on 9/9/2014I mentioned to the hostess that we were celebrating my parents' birthdays, 82 and 84. They made a fuss over my parents, but not too much, and were so attentive to us all evening. The music was a little loud, and they immediately turned it down upon our request. Rick came by our table and made a fuss over my parents. The wine and food was delicious. They offer two specials that include 3 or 4 entrees that are moderately priced but full of flavor! Excellent night. We will go back!!!Special Features:
- Top of the charts in GreenvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Rick Erwins always offers great exposure to out of town guests as Greenville's finest ambiance and cuisine.Special Features:
- Superb Dining!FoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014We chose Rick Erwin's West End Grill to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary because we knew from previous visits that everything would be perfect. The food is always of the highest quality and the service is impeccable. We both had the Surf and Turf which came with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes and we ordered a side of macaroni and cheese. Freshly baked bread and a dish of olive oil and Parmesan cheese for dipping gave us something to munch on while we waited for our salads. For dessert, we shared a piece of chocolate torte along with our coffees. The meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Svc - Need dress code1ATEDined on 9/6/2014Food was great as always and our server and service was top notch. The location is prime, even the music is great and the valet parking is wonderful, particularly on a rainy night. My only complaint...I wish they had a dress code. It doesn't have to be ties for gentlemen, or even sport coats necessarily but when I decide to go out for a meal at $150 for a couple, exclusive of wine, its changes the experience when the 40-something year old guy at the table beside me has on shorts, striped socks and tennis shoes. And he wasn't the only one. I saw plenty of shorts, flip flops and the like. Everything from servers, to music to lighting to décor was in keeping with the same brand standard. Ill-dressed patrons contradict that standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's Birthday CelebrationKellyDined on 9/6/2014We loved our waitress Amanda!! She was so sweet! And the steak was to die for :) as a mother of a two year old; nights out are very rare. Thanks for making it specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 9/5MarkJVIPDined on 9/5/2014Had dinner at Rick's on a Friday night. Have been a dining there somewhat frequently, and feel they have really stepped up their game on the seafood side. We ordered Scallops and swordfish and they were excellent. Service was just fair -- felt rushed, less personalized, and overall not what I expect from Rick's staff. In the past, Adriana has helped us and service is excellent, this time we just had someone different. Will be back, maybe was a one off.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!TennisGirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014As we've come to expect - but still are thrilled each time - Rick Erwin's is a top notch, fine dining experience; great food and wine surpassed only by great service. You won't go wrong choosing Rick Erwin's!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in GreenvilleJaybirdDined on 9/5/2014Rick Irwin's has fantastic food, service and atmosphere. It is the best restaurant in Greenville and there are a lot of good restaurants.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Foodielvr50Dined on 8/30/2014Took my fiancé there for her birthday and now I'm afraid to take her anywhere else for fear it won't measure up to our experience. Best place in Greenville to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/27/2014Fantastic steaks. Great service. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Just a terrific place to have a special dinner with your mate.Special Features:
- Need to come more often!ReneeDined on 8/26/2014I came with two friends for Restaurant Week! Ti was amazing with his friendly and helpful suggestions. I strayed off the RW menu after telling Ti that I was a ribeye kinda girl. I went with Ti's suggestion of the 12 oz Dry Aged Delmonico. I usually like my steaks MR but he led me towards Med for this cut and it was absolutely amazing. I selected the Kahlua Chocolate Torte for dessert. It was so light.....it felt like spoonfuls of yummy chocolately air in my mouth. It was fabulous as well! We shared a bottle+ of Pinot Noir too!Special Features:
- Great for entertaining guestsDiabeticdiva16Dined on 8/23/2014Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience!Special Features:
- Love it stillKrdinersDined on 8/23/2014This was our 2nd trip here with another couple with whom we dine once a month. This time there was a "foodie" week and the food was just as good as when it was just off the menu. Service was excellent & unobstrucive & the dining experience was like dining in Europe...no rushing you out for the next group. This made our dining experience seem like an event rather than "just dinner." We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food: AverageGarryDined on 8/22/2014The food is far better at your sister restaurant Nantucket Grill. Service was good here, as was the plate presentation, but the food was less than exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food & service!DanaFLDined on 8/22/2014So I expected it to be like a Ruth's Chris, but it was even better! Great menu with lots of options, and as our awesome server (Melissa) explained to us; the menu is a starting point and they will happily customize any meal you want. I LOVE this attitude! We all enjoyed every part of our meal from start to finish!!! We will absolutely go back. Valet parking at the front door is a nice perk too, since downtown parking can be somewhat difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMartiniqueenDined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate Birthday. Everything was perfect as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!Mikey1994Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went to Rick Erwin's for our 20 year anniversary. I put a note on Open Table about it being our anniversary but my expectations weren't high that it would be read. We were both very pleasantly surprised. We were treated like royalty. Mr. Erwin came to our table and introduced himself. The service and the food were outstanding! And the anniversary dessert was out of this world! I highly recommend Rick Erwin's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.