Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
40 West Broad Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nantucketseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 8645463535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - until; Bar opens daily at 4:00; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Dominguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood can provide a variety of choices for your privite dining or party experience. Contact us to created and personalize your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
Located on the corner of Main and Broad Street in the heart of Downtown Greenville, directly across from the Peace Center for Performing Arts, Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood is a seafood house like no other. This restaurant represents the second addition to the thriving downtown business district by Rick Erwin, a Greenville native. A stunning bar, a patio overlooking downtown’s Village Green, and elegant dining room combine to offer a memorable dining experience for any occasion. Our menu offers the freshest seafood available complimented by an exceptional wine selection from our massive wine cellar. We offer several options for large party dining for business and personal needs. Our commitment is superior customer service in an elegantly casual atmosphere that will encourage all our guests to return.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)romantic (103)notable wine list (75)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (49)scenic view (34)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (27)great for outdoor dining (25)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Service ! Ambience ! Outstanding !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014You have most attentive yet low key service in Greenville ! Your wait staff is very professional. Wonderful food !You are my new choice for romantic dining. We were so much enjoying an intimate dinner that an hour and a half passed by quickly, and we did not feel rushed to leave at all. Thank you so much for a wonderful evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantuckets for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014For our 23 anniversary my wife and I had dinner at Nantuckets. Great dinner, service and wine list. Very nice experience overall.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed it so much on our first visit that we went back again the next night!Special Features:
- Amazing!lexieDined on 9/5/2014We had the best meal we've had in a long time at Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood! We had Surf and Turf with Lobster and steak. Both of these items were melt in your mouth tender. We were there during a 3 for $30 feature and there was no difference in those specials and the more expensive entrees--both were high quality and prepared perfectly. Our wonder waiter, Derrick, took great care of us and gave us information for local activities. We will go back every time we visit Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningSurrett1VIPDined on 9/3/2014I hosted 10 colleagues for dinner and the evening was a success. Everyone enjoyed their meals, the wine choices were excellent and Caddy was perfection. Kudos to Nantucket for hiring my favorite server from Husk in Charleston. She knows the menu, the wine list and makes the dining experience flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable nightGrandmaof4Dined on 9/3/2014We were in Greenville overnight because of an early flight and decided to go to Nantucket on the recommendation of our son-in-law who had recently been there. Both my husband and I thought it was an amazing meal....one of the best I've ever had! We had an outstanding waiter, tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick Irwins NantucketEricLizDined on 9/2/2014Greenville is a vibrant little town with many restaurants, and this one is definitely one of the best. Friendly service and solid food. Would recommend it. They also have a corkage policy!Special Features:
- A Courtyard surpriseStationguyDined on 8/31/2014Don't let the Marriott Courtyard address fool you - a great resturant in the heart of downtown (and the hotel is very good too!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happen????? Off Night???DDAYDined on 8/31/2014We have been to Nantucket Seafood numerous times enjoying our dining experience every time in the past. The dining experience for me with gumbo soup and entree of surf and turf were great The crab cake was just right. My wife had the lobster stuffed with crab. The crab stuffing was too salty and the lobster had been overcooked to the point of being tough. Our dessert - the key lime pie tasted as if a squirt of artificial lime juice had been added to the sweetened condensed milk and served. The Happy Anniversary cookie they brought us tasted of freezer burn. Sad to see a place we have enjoyed in the past drop the ball.Special Features:
- Not as impressed with brunchnanadinesoutDined on 8/31/2014We went for Sunday brunch. The restaurant was nearly empty. Some or our party enjoyed their meals -- mostly lunch items. I had breakfast and was not impressed. Service was very spotty. Drink items were incorrect and we had to request items that were missing from two separate plates. We have had dinner here before and enjoyed it very much. I was not impressed with the brunch menu or food.Special Features:
- ExcellentfoodluvrDined on 8/30/2014I've never had a bad experience here. The food is delicious and the service is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerscwaterfallsDined on 8/30/2014Being a repeat customer, it was great to see that the level of quality in both food and service remains at the top of the order on the Greenville dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under parNiteout7Dined on 8/29/2014This dinner was not up to the high standards of the Nantucket.Service was poor ,wife s dinner was just ok...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary treatLuvtwoeatDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant honored our request to have our seating arrangements already made and wished the couple we were treating a happy anniversary. We ate off the foodie festival week menu. Plenty of food. Enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Foodie Fest VisitTheaterGoerDined on 8/27/2014The four of us skipped over the $30 Foodie Fest menu and went straight to the slightly higher priced offerings because they featured the "Surf & Turf." The lobster tail was a little bland, but other than that -- high fives all around. Wine list had something for everyone. Our waitress, Hannah, was prompt, courteous, and informative. Dessert was tasty and a fine finish. Atmosphere perfect for an elegant early dinner. We shall return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty downtown destinationScdinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Located in the Marriott Courtyard with a great bar area, nice view of the landscaped courtyard and spacious dining rooms. Love the she crab soup and crab cakes. Even tho this is a seafood restaurant Nantucket does not overlook the rest of menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NantucketTapiBearDined on 8/26/2014Rick finally did one right. His food here was superb and just about enjoyed every moment here in his restaurant. The front of the house receptionist seems a bit tense and unhappy though, but that would surely be my only complaint.Special Features:
- DisappointedRoscoeDined on 8/25/2014I ordered the pork tenderloin, don't. I can honestly say worst I have ever had. I guess there is a lot of truth in not going out to eat on Mondays.
- ST14Dined on 8/24/2014Great Food. Great Service. Pricey, but worth it for a special occasion. Kind of an old school glamour to the restaurant and loved the music. Very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I enjoyed an evening out without kids. The food was amazing! Great seafood choices for a restaurant in the upstate. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Atmosphere and music a little too "fancy" for our taste. We'll try Rick Erwin's Grille next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first time to visit Rick Erwin's Nantucket. Our server, Adam, was delightful, the food was great, atmosphere good; the young servers who brought bread, filed our water glasses, etc. were so gracious. My husband and I enjoyed our night out during "Foodie Fest."Special Features:
- Best Seafood in GreenvilleRAK74Dined on 8/22/2014Always a treat to return to Nantucket, you cannot find better seafood in Greenville. Our party of 4 each had the Shrimp & Grits, Salmon, Mountain Trout & Surf & Turf with no one being disappointed. Large quantities, prepared to one's liking and outstanding service. Can't wait for our next dinner there.Special Features:
- Halibut EntreeKaliDined on 8/21/2014The Halibut Entree with the fresh corn risotto which was featured as a chef's feature, was one of the most excellent that I have ever had.Special Features:
- Third complaint/bad meal in a rowGlider108Dined on 8/20/2014The evening started with a delicious cup of she-crab soup for me and a small Caesar salad for my wife. My wife ordered a bowl of gumbo that was tasty. My meal of 4 small scallops and asparagus however was cold. If I wasn't so darn hungry, I would have sent it back. On top of that, the Hollandaise sauce that I asked to have on the side was cold as well. When I tried to pour some out, it plopped onto my plate in a coagulated blob. I had to use my fork to try and carve off a little bit. This is the third complaint or bad meal in a row that I have had at one of Rick Erwin's restaurants (although I have had lots of good ones). I will most likely be shying away from his places going forward and the reason I gave it a "Fair" rating.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014Unfortunately, I am providing my first bad review thru Open Table. My food was served cold. Not cool, but cold. After waiting for the server, he returned it and delivered my hot meal. This was after my wife finished her meal. There was no adjustment or real apology. After I said something else upon leaving, the server he apologized. I doubt I will return. A restaurant such as Rick Erwin's should provide more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLocal505Dined on 8/16/2014We had a great dinner, we eat late which is. It the norm for us but it was all good.Special Features:
- Family favoriteLynnVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dining at Nantucket was a wonderful experience, as usual. The service by Keon King was exceptional; he is so personable. Our reservation was for 8:30 and there was an unusual wait time of an hour to receive our dinner. First, I will say that the bread and olive oil/vinegar are to die for! My son and I got the swordfish dinner and the scallops, respectively. This was his first swordfish and he was delighted. The squash that came with it was way too salty, however, so it was not edible. I enjoyed the scallops with asparagus and but the side of corn risotto was excessively thick and gummy; too much cheese and too little corn flavor. (The chef needs to get Breakwater's recipe!) Overall, it was a nice experience, but a few changes could be made.Special Features:
- StanDined on 8/16/2014Rick is always a gracious host. He came over twice to speak to us and make sure we were alright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFamforfoodDined on 8/16/2014Food is fantastic and the wait staff is fast and efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FaveLizluvsgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014Superb atmosphere and all-around great food. This is honestly one if my favorite restaurants in existence! They have delicious seafood, steak, and even a scrumptious chicken dish. Also, their desserts are a perfect way to finish off a great meal. I would definitely recommend Nantucket's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise FactorLarkinsontheRiverDined on 8/15/2014Unfortunately, there was toddler sitting right next to us with her parents. The very small child was too young to be in this very nice restaurant. She was impatient and ready to be fed & leave. Her parents had to get up on numerous occasions to get her because she would run off. She cried and was sort of interrupting an otherwise very romantic dinner with my wife. Recommendation - maybe the host (hostess) could be mindful of where she/he might sit a couple who would prefer to be in a quieter area with others who want to enjoy a relaxing, romantic evening (without small children).Special Features:
- Above AverageYUMMY1989Dined on 8/12/2014Nantucket Seafood is always spot-on, in the Rick Erwin tradition. Seafood is always fresh, reliably cooked to the requested temperature and always a nice presentation. The wine list is notable. I recommend this restaurant for business entertaining, special family events and for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SCBinADined on 8/11/2014Excellent dining experience. Food and service outstanding!Special Features:
- BobLDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and service. Noise level started out acceptable (7pm) but was very "energetic" by 8pm. Go early to enjoy the ambience and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 1st Time VisitEdithDined on 8/9/2014First time dining here. Excellent experience. Service and atmosphere both were great. Our server, Keon, was only 2 months into the job and did a fantastic job serving my husband and I. Food was excellent as well. Would definitely recommend to others and we will certainly make the 45 trip again from Clinton SC to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show time!ShowgoerDined on 8/8/2014The service staff was efficient but apparently the kitchen staff had some issues getting our food out in a timely fashion.We had six o'clock reservations, our food arrived at seven thirty-five and we had an eight o'clock curtain. The food was delicious but not enough time to enjoy it. The staff was helpful in they allowed us to return after the show to pay the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMGtydaDined on 8/8/2014Thanks for a nice evening. Look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGP4LDined on 8/3/2014Just a "10" all the way from curb to table. Greeting was warm, service was excellent and food was as good as anywhere in downtown. Bread pudding topped the night off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty place that left a BAD Taste!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We had reservations for Sunday brunch before a show at the Peace Center. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit outside or the bar then reluctantly offered the dining room. As this was a special occasion, my girlfriend's birthday, we wanted to enjoy the lovely dining room. The table options she gave us were near the restroom or a table not at a window and when we inquired about the open tables near the window she said that she had a reservation coming in for them, we chose a table with a partially obstructed view. Our waiter never offered the wine list or specials. He wasn't attentive or helpful. He wasn't quite rude but he certainly didn't make us feel valued or welcome. Inconsistent service at best. We will not return.Special Features: