Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
40 West Broad Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nantucketseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 8645463535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - until; Bar opens daily at 4:00; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Dominguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood can provide a variety of choices for your privite dining or party experience. Contact us to created and personalize your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or email@example.com
A word from Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
Located on the corner of Main and Broad Street in the heart of Downtown Greenville, directly across from the Peace Center for Performing Arts, Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood is a seafood house like no other. This restaurant represents the second addition to the thriving downtown business district by Rick Erwin, a Greenville native. A stunning bar, a patio overlooking downtown’s Village Green, and elegant dining room combine to offer a memorable dining experience for any occasion. Our menu offers the freshest seafood available complimented by an exceptional wine selection from our massive wine cellar. We offer several options for large party dining for business and personal needs. Our commitment is superior customer service in an elegantly casual atmosphere that will encourage all our guests to return.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)romantic (83)fit for foodies (76)notable wine list (64)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (31)scenic view (26)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very nice elegant mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014This is a great place for lovely seafood meal. It is very nice and elegant. It would also be a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They made it special for us!diner1Dined on 10/21/2014We were in Greenville for a business meeting on my wife's birthday. I took her to Nantucket to celebrate. When i made the reservation, I put "Anita's birthday" in the comments. When we came in, everyone on the staff wished her a happy birthday. we had a cocktail in the bar, then the seafood tower appetizer which they customized for us based on our likes, and the main course was amazing. They made it a special night for us.Special Features:
- Nice place but not the best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014First time there and that doesn't always mean it is always like this but...the waitress was not very friendly, I had to send my steak back because it wasn't cooked enough and make sure you have a very good idea of the type of wine you'd like with dinner as the help is not very good with this. They have an extensive wine list and it seemed the help wasn't very knowledgeable about it. On a positive note Rick Erwin himself came by our table and was extremely nice and helped greatly with respect to our wine issue. He definitely came across as someone who respects his customers and cares about their experience. I will give this place another shot at my business even though the first one wasn't quite as good as I had thought it would be.Special Features:
- Only onceBrianDined on 10/18/2014Atmosphere was nice. Waiter never smiled once, but the worst was the food. At these prices food should always be good, but three out of four of us did not like our entrees. Scallops had an unpleasant aftertaste. Too many other restaurants in Greenville with better food, and waiters with more personality!
- Incredibly Awesome Food & ServiceArenee9Dined on 10/17/2014We had a very memorable time at Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood. Which the food and dining experience was incredibly awesome! We arrived on a Friday evening for our 5:45 reservation and was seated on time. Hostess was very pleasant. Server greeted us shortly after being seated. Received drinks and was able to order for appetizer in a timely manner; no long waits. All of a sudden the lights out. We were informed that a car hit a light post and all of the lights were out on the entire street. A few guest did leave but we waited for maybe 20 minutes before the lights were back on. Roger kept us "in the know" of what was going on; made sure we were taken care of. Entrees were soon out which were fresh, hot and just what we expected...DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whose decade is this anyway?avocatVIPDined on 10/13/2014Greenville is booming with youthful fun, but not at Rick's. Tall, Dark spaces just made the food harder to see. At least the Grand Space has that going for it. First plate: New England oysters. They were dull and solidly attached to the lower shell.I had to pry them out. Second plate: Ceviche. Nearly unidentifiable fish and seafood swimming in a soggy acidic bath. Probably lime. Third plate: Beef crudo. The beef source was quite good. Paper thin presentation. The kitchen wisely elected to let the tender medallions speak for themselves. With so many bright kitchens and eager foodies in Greenville, there are thankfully other choices.
- marstelesDined on 10/12/2014Arrived early for our reservation, enjoyed having a drink in the bar beforehand. Nice ambiance and relaxing atmosphere. Bartender Marshall (?) was very friendly and polite. Excellent brand selections in the bar. Potato chips were a plus. Dinner was very good, especially the pimento cheese-crab dip. Value was less than expected as prices were very high. Vegetable sides were disappointing. Overall I would recommend and will return next visit to Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedallanVIPDined on 10/12/2014Brought visiting friends for dinner on Sunday. Very few people in the restaurant and I asked to be seated in one of the empty booths. We were told they were being held. When we left there were still three empty booths. Waiter came back twice to say that two of the dishes we ordered were not available and said they don't have everything on Sundays. We would have made other plans if we knew the menu was limited on Sundays.
- A Family AffairMellaBellaDined on 10/12/2014Nantucket is a favorite for visiting family. This weekend was my Dad's birthday and Sunday lunch at Nantucket was his only request! We were not disappointed. The food and service were top-notch, as always. When asked how her food was, my 7-year old daughter's response was 'impressive'. That pretty much sums it up. Thank you for a consistently fabulous experience!Special Features:
- Usually better than thisJGTAKDined on 10/10/2014Usually everything is spot on. This time we had to wait because they were out of menus, out of soup spoons, spotty service. One person in our party ordered the scallops and they were rubbery.Special Features:
- Nantucket SeafoodEmptyplateDined on 10/9/2014Dinner was quite nice. Wine list was very impressive with plenty to choose from. I had 2 glasses of Simi Cab and she had a drink from the bar, Grey Goose and Cranberry, the drink was a little weak for $9. Appetizers we ordered were very good, Lobster Bites and She Crab Soup. Our entrees were just as good as the appetizers. She had the surf and turf and both the filet and the lobster were cooked to perfection. I had the Yellow Fin Tuna and it too was cooked to perfection. The only item we weren't impressed with was the side of corn risotto. Just didn't have a lot of flavor. Desserts were a got for both of us, she had the Creme Brûlée and I had the White Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie . Service was top notch!!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great celebration spotGetHappyDined on 10/8/2014The server was wonderful, and the food outstanding. Surf and Turf is the way to go! Not a steak house but delivered a tender juicy steak alongside a perfectly prepared lobster tail!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this one.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Service, food, atmosphere, all were as good as it gets. Outstanding!Special Features:
- bmw1Dined on 10/5/2014We had the occasion of my wife;s birthday our party of 3 thoroughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere. This was Sunday night and the restaurant was quiet and comfortable for our conversation at the table. Wait staff was excellent and attetive.Special Features:
- A little disappointedNYCDinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Nantucket Seafood has been our favorite in Greenville since it opened, but this time we were a little disappointed. We have been out of town for a couple of months & there were a lot of new faces with the staff & the food definitely was not as good as we would normally expect. Hopefully, this is just an anomaly & we will return to find out.
- Excellent MealaglasscottageDined on 10/4/2014Our food was delicious and beautifully prepared. Steak was so tender it was like butter. Great quality and reasonably-priced. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Times @ Nantucket!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary at this downtown Greenville, SC location. We were very pleased with the romantic setting. The quality of the food and service was in the excellent range on all counts. Best crabcakes I have ever had...hands down! Will definitely be celebrating other special occasions in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeJayCeeDined on 10/3/2014We visited this restaurant for the first time recently. The table were well spaced and we were not squeezed up against another table. The service was quite prompt but the person forgot side plates and some cutlery. The waiter did however treat us to a very nice creme brulee. The food was good but not remarkable. My wife loved the fried lobster but my grouper was a little over cooked. The lettuce in the wedge salad did not seem very fresh (some of it had a brownish color). The experience overall was quite pleasant and we would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resting on their laurelsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014My recent visit to Nantucket was not as enjoyable as previous trips. A waiter sorted silverware at a station in the very center of the room which was distracting and it was surprising we could hear it since the background music was so loud. The food took so long coming out that the waiter went into the kitchen to get in instead of waiting on a runner to get it. None of these things by itself is so bad but when the entrees cost $32 a piece a higher standard should be maintained.
- Wonderful date restaurantCrazy4redDined on 10/2/2014Great food, very romantic atmosphere, great date place, loved sitting outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014Always a go-to spot. The service and food doesn't get better anywhere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have done it better at homeJeepsterDined on 9/30/2014My wife and I went out to Nantucket seafood grill for her birthday. We were sat 10' from the men's room so there was plenty of traffic to keep us company. Our service was just ok. My wife ordered a glass of wine. The waitress brought it out, poured it casually into her glass while practically still walking. Guess she didn't have time for us. We didn't get bread on our table till our entres were almost there. My wife ordered salmon which was WAY over cooked. My trout had some kind of stewed apples on top that had no business being there. Cheesecake for desert was disgusting. I could have done a much better job at home on my grill with a piece of salmon and a couple of fillets of trout. Would have saved myself $100 too.
- Unbelievably great food.ELF7FDined on 9/28/2014Excellent place to dine for a special occasion or before a play at the Peace Center.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Had reservations at 5pm before a play. Arrived at 4:50 with a party of seven and we were seated at 5:20. Waiter took are order 20 minutes later, had to rush through dinner, even though staff was informed at time of reservation that we needed to be sat on time. Restaurant had only a handful of tables. When we inquired why we were waiting they told us that they were setting up are table. Very disappointing. Food was excellent. Wish I could say the same about staff.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerLeavingbeauDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went for the first time. Our waiter was very nice, but there must have been something going on in the kitchen as we had to wait long periods between each course of dinner. The food was good but not to the degree I've seen in other reviews. The restaurant is beautiful and over-all we had a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood Near the MountainsBryanVIPDined on 9/27/2014Probably the best seafood in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. Fresh choices very well prepared and large servings. Great wine list with reasonable markups. Don't let the fact it's attached to a Marriott Courtyard Hotel keep you away. This is fine dining with great service. Mark, our server was engaging, very well spoken, and fun! We were there celebrating an engagement and found out Mark was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him the next day. We hope she said yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Always exceptional. A wonderful seafood dinning experience in the heart of downtown.Special Features:
- Seafood NirvanaSandlapperDined on 9/26/2014When traveling to Greenville, we always try to dine at Nantucket Seafood. Why? Fresh seafood perfectly cooked! They carry a small selection of cold water oysters from the northeast and northwest. These choices are nicely balanced between salty, sweet and buttery flavors. The salmon with blistered tomatoes is nirvana to me. (I always substitute grits for fingerling potatoes). Another aspect of our experience was having Terrell wait on us, this is the second time we have been blessed with his service. Honestly HE rocks! He has a quick wit and deep knowledge of the menu and beverages.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Notified ahead of time about daughters birthday. Thought maybe one candle or something. A little recognition goes a long way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SC Gamecock FanBinADined on 9/26/2014Food, service, atmosphere ..... EVERYTHING was PERFECT as usual at Nantucket Seafood! Fantastic time. THANK YOU!!!Special Features:
- "Pre-show" Dining.JohnBDined on 9/26/2014Excellent for dining prior to Peace Center show. Service, headed by Terrell, was excellent-friendly, prompt, attentive and courteous. Food, as usual, was great. The spinach and Brie salad was particularly good. Overall we're very satisfied and will do it againI would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014So we ate hear (Again) before a Musical at the Peace Center. The staff is aways accommodating for the start time of the musical across the street. The fish was excellent tonight (one of us had the Salmon and the other the Hawaiian Sea Bass) and we both enjoyed a Caesar salad to start the meal. The Bread was very hot and fresh out of the over. They really go out of their way to make you fell welcomed. We typically order the Theatre menu with three courses. We then hold the desert until after the Musical and come back to Nantucket to eat our desert and enjoy another drink. The wine list if very nice however, very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SouleymaneDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food, service is great, perfect location for Peace Center shows, and downtown ... highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FridayNightDinersFridayNightDinersVIPDined on 9/24/2014Appetizers of Grouper Bites with Grits, She Crab Soup, Crab Cake and Calamari at the Bar just before heading to the Peace Center. Everything was great. The bar was very loud, so next time, we will go to the dining room. Will definitely return because our apps were prepared right.Special Features:
- Good foodSingerchefVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed ourselves and the food was so good. We had a table next to the window and we could see the water cascading down the stone wall. Just beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!sobelleDined on 9/17/2014We were only going to be in Greenville SC one night, and Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood was highly recommended to us by a friend. It met all of our expectations. All of our dishes were prepared perfectly, service was great, as was the ambiance. Mr. Erwin stopped by our table and we tried to convince him to open a restaurant in our hometown, Nashville. If you love good seafood, this is your place!Special Features:
- Service ! Ambience ! Outstanding !SouthernGentlemanDined on 9/16/2014You have most attentive yet low key service in Greenville ! Your wait staff is very professional. Wonderful food !You are my new choice for romantic dining. We were so much enjoying an intimate dinner that an hour and a half passed by quickly, and we did not feel rushed to leave at all. Thank you so much for a wonderful evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantuckets for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014For our 23 anniversary my wife and I had dinner at Nantuckets. Great dinner, service and wine list. Very nice experience overall.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Nantucket's was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. The food was plentiful and tasty. The $30 dinner specials gave us a nice sampling of the menu. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The only slight negative is that we were seated at a tiny table for two against a wall which left little room for tableware, drinks, etc. The server had to remove items to make room for the next course.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed it so much on our first visit that we went back again the next night!Special Features: