Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
40 West Broad Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nantucketseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 8645463535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - until; Bar opens daily at 4:00; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Dominguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood can provide a variety of choices for your privite dining or party experience. Contact us to created and personalize your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
Located on the corner of Main and Broad Street in the heart of Downtown Greenville, directly across from the Peace Center for Performing Arts, Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood is a seafood house like no other. This restaurant represents the second addition to the thriving downtown business district by Rick Erwin, a Greenville native. A stunning bar, a patio overlooking downtown’s Village Green, and elegant dining room combine to offer a memorable dining experience for any occasion. Our menu offers the freshest seafood available complimented by an exceptional wine selection from our massive wine cellar. We offer several options for large party dining for business and personal needs. Our commitment is superior customer service in an elegantly casual atmosphere that will encourage all our guests to return.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)romantic (119)notable wine list (88)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (33)scenic view (32)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (27)hot spot (19)great for brunch (18)late-night find (15)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Pretty downtown destinationScdinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Located in the Marriott Courtyard with a great bar area, nice view of the landscaped courtyard and spacious dining rooms. Love the she crab soup and crab cakes. Even tho this is a seafood restaurant Nantucket does not overlook the rest of menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NantucketTapiBearDined on 8/26/2014Rick finally did one right. His food here was superb and just about enjoyed every moment here in his restaurant. The front of the house receptionist seems a bit tense and unhappy though, but that would surely be my only complaint.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014I ordered the pork tenderloin, don't. I can honestly say worst I have ever had. I guess there is a lot of truth in not going out to eat on Mondays.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Great Food. Great Service. Pricey, but worth it for a special occasion. Kind of an old school glamour to the restaurant and loved the music. Very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I enjoyed an evening out without kids. The food was amazing! Great seafood choices for a restaurant in the upstate. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first time to visit Rick Erwin's Nantucket. Our server, Adam, was delightful, the food was great, atmosphere good; the young servers who brought bread, filed our water glasses, etc. were so gracious. My husband and I enjoyed our night out during "Foodie Fest."Special Features:
- Best Seafood in GreenvilleRAK74Dined on 8/22/2014Always a treat to return to Nantucket, you cannot find better seafood in Greenville. Our party of 4 each had the Shrimp & Grits, Salmon, Mountain Trout & Surf & Turf with no one being disappointed. Large quantities, prepared to one's liking and outstanding service. Can't wait for our next dinner there.Special Features:
- Halibut EntreeKaliDined on 8/21/2014The Halibut Entree with the fresh corn risotto which was featured as a chef's feature, was one of the most excellent that I have ever had.Special Features:
- Third complaint/bad meal in a rowGlider108Dined on 8/20/2014The evening started with a delicious cup of she-crab soup for me and a small Caesar salad for my wife. My wife ordered a bowl of gumbo that was tasty. My meal of 4 small scallops and asparagus however was cold. If I wasn't so darn hungry, I would have sent it back. On top of that, the Hollandaise sauce that I asked to have on the side was cold as well. When I tried to pour some out, it plopped onto my plate in a coagulated blob. I had to use my fork to try and carve off a little bit. This is the third complaint or bad meal in a row that I have had at one of Rick Erwin's restaurants (although I have had lots of good ones). I will most likely be shying away from his places going forward and the reason I gave it a "Fair" rating.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014Unfortunately, I am providing my first bad review thru Open Table. My food was served cold. Not cool, but cold. After waiting for the server, he returned it and delivered my hot meal. This was after my wife finished her meal. There was no adjustment or real apology. After I said something else upon leaving, the server he apologized. I doubt I will return. A restaurant such as Rick Erwin's should provide more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLocal505Dined on 8/16/2014We had a great dinner, we eat late which is. It the norm for us but it was all good.Special Features:
- Family favoriteLynnVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dining at Nantucket was a wonderful experience, as usual. The service by Keon King was exceptional; he is so personable. Our reservation was for 8:30 and there was an unusual wait time of an hour to receive our dinner. First, I will say that the bread and olive oil/vinegar are to die for! My son and I got the swordfish dinner and the scallops, respectively. This was his first swordfish and he was delighted. The squash that came with it was way too salty, however, so it was not edible. I enjoyed the scallops with asparagus and but the side of corn risotto was excessively thick and gummy; too much cheese and too little corn flavor. (The chef needs to get Breakwater's recipe!) Overall, it was a nice experience, but a few changes could be made.Special Features:
- StanDined on 8/16/2014Rick is always a gracious host. He came over twice to speak to us and make sure we were alright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFamforfoodDined on 8/16/2014Food is fantastic and the wait staff is fast and efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FaveLizluvsgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014Superb atmosphere and all-around great food. This is honestly one if my favorite restaurants in existence! They have delicious seafood, steak, and even a scrumptious chicken dish. Also, their desserts are a perfect way to finish off a great meal. I would definitely recommend Nantucket's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise FactorLarkinsontheRiverDined on 8/15/2014Unfortunately, there was toddler sitting right next to us with her parents. The very small child was too young to be in this very nice restaurant. She was impatient and ready to be fed & leave. Her parents had to get up on numerous occasions to get her because she would run off. She cried and was sort of interrupting an otherwise very romantic dinner with my wife. Recommendation - maybe the host (hostess) could be mindful of where she/he might sit a couple who would prefer to be in a quieter area with others who want to enjoy a relaxing, romantic evening (without small children).Special Features:
- Above AverageYUMMY1989Dined on 8/12/2014Nantucket Seafood is always spot-on, in the Rick Erwin tradition. Seafood is always fresh, reliably cooked to the requested temperature and always a nice presentation. The wine list is notable. I recommend this restaurant for business entertaining, special family events and for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SCBinADined on 8/11/2014Excellent dining experience. Food and service outstanding!Special Features:
- BobLDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and service. Noise level started out acceptable (7pm) but was very "energetic" by 8pm. Go early to enjoy the ambience and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 1st Time VisitEdithDined on 8/9/2014First time dining here. Excellent experience. Service and atmosphere both were great. Our server, Keon, was only 2 months into the job and did a fantastic job serving my husband and I. Food was excellent as well. Would definitely recommend to others and we will certainly make the 45 trip again from Clinton SC to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show time!ShowgoerDined on 8/8/2014The service staff was efficient but apparently the kitchen staff had some issues getting our food out in a timely fashion.We had six o'clock reservations, our food arrived at seven thirty-five and we had an eight o'clock curtain. The food was delicious but not enough time to enjoy it. The staff was helpful in they allowed us to return after the show to pay the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMGtydaDined on 8/8/2014Thanks for a nice evening. Look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGP4LDined on 8/3/2014Just a "10" all the way from curb to table. Greeting was warm, service was excellent and food was as good as anywhere in downtown. Bread pudding topped the night off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty place that left a BAD Taste!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We had reservations for Sunday brunch before a show at the Peace Center. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit outside or the bar then reluctantly offered the dining room. As this was a special occasion, my girlfriend's birthday, we wanted to enjoy the lovely dining room. The table options she gave us were near the restroom or a table not at a window and when we inquired about the open tables near the window she said that she had a reservation coming in for them, we chose a table with a partially obstructed view. Our waiter never offered the wine list or specials. He wasn't attentive or helpful. He wasn't quite rude but he certainly didn't make us feel valued or welcome. Inconsistent service at best. We will not return.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKatesDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful food, excellent service from Julius. Open a restaurant in Columbia, sc!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I have found in GreenvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2014Fantastic meal and experience. They do a perfect balance of style without getting stuffy. The dining room is set up in a way to keep noise levels down. We had not problem having a conversation with everyone at the table. We had 5 people and everyone's meal was GREAT! Service was just what it should be, always there when you need something but not when you don't. One thing in particular was the finish of the meal, unlike most restaurants in Greenville, the waiter did not pull a vanishing act when it came time to get and process the check. He was on spot and finished perfectly. This is my new GO TO placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!CUTIGER94Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent Food & Service !!! Perfect for those "Special" occasions and "Romantic" treatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed our Anniversary dinner at Nantucket Grill. The service was exceptional and the recommendations were excellent. We will fondly remember the experience for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AshleyDined on 7/29/2014The food is consistently delicious and the service is always head and shoulders above other restaurants. We always recommend Nantucket to anyone coming into the area.Special Features:
- special occasionclemsongrad71Dined on 7/29/2014We decided to try Nantucket after dining at West End Grill in March. We were not disappointed. The service was attentive and well timed, allowing us to enjoy our food and drinks. Everyone was courteous. The yellow fin tuna was perfectly cooked..best I've had. I would definitely return even if it wasn't a special occasion...just a nice night out.Special Features:
- Disappointing eveningpatuniaDined on 7/26/2014When we made our reservation, we noted this was a special occasion. It was not. Seafood was cooked to perfection. Service was not. Ordered bubbly rose but got flat white. Ordered dinner wine early. Took forever to get to table and then was too warm to drink. Had to refill our own wine and water. Main course arrived before salad and we were asked if we wanted them to hold entree. Waiter told us he would pay for the returned entrees and would ensure ours were fresh. Salad arrived with croutons and wrong dressing. Side vegetable after recommendation from waiter after dietary restrictions discussed could not be eaten. Long waits for waiter to return with multiple errors on his part. The service spoiled what was to be special.
- Very HappyAtedinnerDined on 7/25/2014I received possibly the best service that I have ever received at a restaurant. The waiter appeared when needed, but was discreet and avoided interrupting a single conversation. Never had to ask for a single item or refill. I usually do not eat dessert; however, it was so good that I even finished mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food before a great concert.MusicandfoodloverDined on 7/24/2014Excellent food. Waiter had slight mix up with the order but handled it effectively and made good recommendations. Seating was prompt upon arrival as was service. Overall a great dining experience prior to a great concert at the Peace Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!TonyMDined on 7/24/2014Finally got to try out Rick Erwins NS before going to the Peace Center for a concert and we were impressed with both the food and the service. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and were met with a birthday greeting as well as a card signed by the staff. Our waiter Paul was very helpful with the menu for us first-timers and remained attentive throughout the meal without being overbearing. Both of our dinners were excellent and cooked to perfection. We will be back, thanks RENS for making our night special.Special Features:
- outstanding eleganceannieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Ambience fit for special occasions, upscale seafood with alternate options on the menu, amazing wine list and a special touch: Rick Erwin himself coming to each table during the evening to check if everything is to our satisfactionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday night outcjrskiDined on 7/19/2014Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood was recommended for a special night out, my birthday. It was my first visit to Nantucket--I loved the ambiance, the service was terrific and the food was very good. I don't think the menu items we selected were overly special, but the presentation of the dinner items selected was in keeping with the rest of restaurant, which was excellent.Special Features:
- Great timegreattimeDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversay and my birthday. It was the perfect place to come and enjoy each other with great food. I am obsessing over the she-crab soup, I must have more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket Seafood is worth it!DelightfulDined on 7/18/2014Our first visit to Rich Erwin's Nantucket Seafood was well worth it! We drove from Anderson for a special evening out and we were not disappointed. First the spacious apportionment and detail to decorating where you could hear yourself think and converse with others was very appreciated. The service we received was professional and courteous with excellent knowledge of the menu. Our meal presentation was matched by the excellent quality and taste of our salad and entree'. The desserts were the grand finale' ending our delightful experience. We recommend this restaurant for a top notch dining experience. We will be making more drives from Anderson! Thank you to the RENS staff for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The service is always good. the food is very appetizing and usually more than we can eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The food is fanastic and the atmosphere provides a comfortable experience. Truly our favorite place to dine in the Greenville area.Special Features: