Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
40 West Broad Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nantucketseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: (864) 546-3535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - until; Bar opens daily at 4:00; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Samuel Dominguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood can provide a variety of choices for your privite dining or party experience. Contact us to created and personalize your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Locke 8645463532
- Special Events: Contact our special events coordinator, Sarah Locke, at 864-546-3532 or email@example.com
A word from Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood
Located on the corner of Main and Broad Street in the heart of Downtown Greenville, directly across from the Peace Center for Performing Arts, Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood is a seafood house like no other. This restaurant represents the second addition to the thriving downtown business district by Rick Erwin, a Greenville native. A stunning bar, a patio overlooking downtown’s Village Green, and elegant dining room combine to offer a memorable dining experience for any occasion. Our menu offers the freshest seafood available complimented by an exceptional wine selection from our massive wine cellar. We offer several options for large party dining for business and personal needs. Our commitment is superior customer service in an elegantly casual atmosphere that will encourage all our guests to return.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)romantic (95)fit for foodies (93)notable wine list (73)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (32)scenic view (28)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (18)great for brunch (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Perfect pre Peace Center Eventpastor4foodDined on 11/21/2014We chose to dine at Rick Erwin's Nantuck Seafood as we wanted to walk from dinner to an event at the Peace Center. Timing worked out perfectly. When we mentioned the goal the service accomodatd us without rushing us in any way. The small plate option was just right for a pre theatre event. More than enough food but not leaving one stuffed. The oysters we shared were terrific. The small plate blackened tuna was moist and delicious. I had the special. Lots of food but most delectable. And when I asked to switch the vegetable side it was not a problem at all. Wines we chose were full pours and went well with the meal. A good evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tapdancerDined on 11/18/2014Great location for attending events at the Peace Center. Food was excellent and so was service. Valet parking was a plus also as you can leave your car while eating and attending Peace Center events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedIdmaIjanVIPDined on 11/16/2014Met family in-between shows at the Peace Center for 5PM reservations. From the moment we arrived at the hostess station, until we dashed out the door for the 6:30PM show, barely making it to our seats, our experience was poor. First, the hostess was MIA and when she finally showed up, she seemed confused, asking if we'd been helped. No, not yet. Finally seated at our table, the waiter came, took drink orders, gave us the specials and allowed us time to look over the menu. Too much time, even though we told him we were going to the show at 6:30. I got my wine a half an hour after being seated and my companion received his martini 45 minutes after being seated. Unfortunately, we had some questions about the menu and also needed a gluten free option for one member of our party who has celiac disease. Our waiter answered questions, assured us the chef would be notified of the dietary restriction, sauce would be on the side. Then he disappeared again, without taking our order! We ordered the Jumbo Grilled Prawns for an appetizer. I was expecting a little spice from the remoulade, but the shrimp was covered with cajun spices. No mention of it on the menu. Had there been, I wouldn't have ordered it. Yellowfin Tuna with Thai vermicelli salad, expecting rice vermicelli, but it was just pasta. The "gluten free" choice was smothered with a remoulade sauce. I had to ask for the vegetables that was to be part of my meal. The server said, "Who is your waiter? I'll tell him so you won't be charged." The people who served us hadn't waited on us, so there was much confusion when we questioned our orders. Seeing how late things were running, I asked for the check when our food arrived. I've been to Nantucket once before, when it first opened. I was not impressed and haven't been back, but I figured it was opening hiccups. I guess not. I'll never go again. Hard to understand, since Rick Erwin's West End Grill has none of the problems Nantucket does.
- What a Pleasure!southerngalDined on 11/16/2014We loved our evening at Rick Erwin's Seafood...it was perfect in every way. The food was deliciously prepared and the staff was very accommodating. I had the $30 - 3 course meal with a Caesar salad, Salmon, and Coconut Pie. Oh my...the salmon was grilled to perfection with a lovely butter sauce that was drizzled over fingerling potatoes and green beans. Simply delicious. My friend had the crabcake that was filled with so much crab, it didn't even look like it had a single bread crumb in the recipe. The coconut pie was more than I could have dreamed of...and I needed the assistance of my friend to finish. Our waiter was very cordial and when I told him we were seeing a show at the Peace Center afterwards, he did everything he could to expedite our order. This was our favorite meal and restaurant that we attended during our long weekend in Greenville. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient reasonalble and good foodTerryDined on 11/16/2014Our party had travelled from North Carolina to see "Book of Mormon" on a Sunday afternoon. We had skipped breakfast in order to have brunch at the Nantucket. We were seated quickly, our server was told that we were in a hurry. The brunch came quickly with a delicious bread basket. Everyone was pleased with our meals. Although the restaurant was full, we were served quickly and the meals were delicious...We wish that next time, all 15 of us could have eaten together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They had an off daywgreenvilleDined on 11/16/2014When our food was served, the quiche was cold. They forgot to bring the salad dressing and when the bread finally made it to the table, well after our meal had been served, it was basically thrown down on the table without a word. at the end of the meal we asked for a glass of tea. They were all out of tea cups and had to serve our tea in a paper takeout cup. The manager realized what a disappointing experience we had and comped our meal
- Good SeafoodAshevilleGourmetVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great crabcakes. Good service. Terrific location, next to Peace Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Despite planning, things didn't work.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014I emailed and called asking for a table in the bar area since I wasn't sure you could reserve these. I was told, yes, and my reservation was confirmed. Upon arriving, there were no bar tables; someone had removed the "reserved" sign and sat down. Shouldn't the servers be aware of this? We were promised the first available, which was soon and good, since we were going to the theatre. We placed our drink order and they served chips; we asked for set ups and after 3 asks, finally got them (napkins are good when eating chips). I ordered the blackened swordfish and after 1 bite, knew I couldn't eat it; way too salty. They took it back (we are on a schedule due to show) and brought me a new order; this one had zero seasoning. Good, but not blackened as described. Only good thing was they didn't charge us. Bottom line: we like this place a lot and often go to the bar eating area before or after a movie or show to avoid the formality, but they need to get it together. It's still high end and they just smile and act like it doesn't matter, since you're eating in the bar. There are a lot of good restaurants in Greenville, and all they need to do is pay attention, and all these issues could be avoided. At nantucket prices, service should be good; even in the bar area, especially when you've reserved and explained you are in a time frame.Special Features:
- ServiceSSC6Dined on 11/14/2014Our servers seem confused and did not know Who received each entrée. Brought out wrong dessert but made it right by taking dessert off of bill. Also charged us wrong on our bill but corrected it brought to their attention. Our server had a wonderful personality, it was the assistant servers that seemed confused. The main server as I said try to make it right I taking some I items off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2tofeastDined on 11/14/2014The food and service was excellent. Will definitely plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Many excellent choices with the option of small plates for those who wish to eat a lighter meal. The scallops oscar was a super offering. Our only complaint was that our table was quite small and located against a curved wall which did not easily accommodate the position of the chair. Also, the close proximity of other tables had a tendancy to intrude on the conversations of both parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy Nantucket!Chris543VIPDined on 11/13/2014We always enjoy Nantucket! The seafood is the freshest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical meal and ambiencejjcolumbiascDined on 11/12/2014Memorable meal and excellent service in a delightful setting. We had the $30 3-course dinner and it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service2differentwantsDined on 11/11/2014Indicated in open table requests that we had to make 7:30 show at Peace Ctr. and they were all primed to do that. Service was great without feeling rushed and the restaurant was full. Food was really good (amazing she-crab soup). One of us a seafood lover, the other not. Filet was cooked perfectly. Often bypass them since we had an experience once when we were just barely able to finish the meal and no desert because the service was lacking but have now had two great visits in a row so that problem has been taken care of. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Nantucket is great!ShowgoerDined on 11/11/2014The food was excellent and our waiter, Mark, was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting for reunionFemmeFoodieDined on 11/5/2014The restaurant was a perfect back-drop for talking over old times, when a dear friend came trough town. Wonderful ambience and fantastic wait staff. Excellent choice of wines. Many thanks for making our evening so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedYoTigerYoDined on 11/3/2014I picked Nantucket as a special dinner for my friends B-day and had heard some good things about it, but was overall disappointed with the food selections and the service. If you are going to spend over $100 on dinner, it should be outstanding and worth coming back but unfortunately that was not the case. The service was awful and we had to ask other wait staff for things since our waiter was never around. If this is SC's best seafood restaurant then I'll go to Atlanta next time where I know I'll find better seafood and service for less the price.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014Most enjoyable dining experience in Greenville and out waiter Thomas was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Truly a very enjoyable experience. My complements to the chief and the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!VegFoodieDined on 11/1/2014As a vegetarian, it's often hard to find good "simple" food as some chefs want to create fancy food - especially in fine restaurants. It's even harder to find good veggie options in a seafood restaurant. Nantucket is amazing! It's my Soby's and High Cotton alternative to bring friends and new-to-Greenville visitors. Whenever I book via OT, I also get my favorite spot in the dining room. ;). Adam and the other servers are also top notch. Thank you for a wonderful experience - and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing and over-rated!RJK2STVIPDined on 11/1/2014Service was very slow even though we had reservations. The quality of the food was very disappointing. We've been there many times the last several years but this visit is our last.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 10/31/2014Nantuckets has always been our favorite Greenville restaurant but we were very disappointed. The tonic in my Absolute/Tonic was flat and had to be made again. Our salads were served before we received our appetizers. We asked that they bring our appetizers after salads and the fried oysters were cold. There was a very long wait before we received our entrees - we assumed they did not begin cooking those until after our appetizer plates were removed. My Halibut was extremely dry and that is usually my favorite thing to order in your restaurant. After leaving, we discussed how disappointed we were that our rather expensive dining experience was not enjoyable. Hope things will improve but it will be a while before we return.
- First rate in every waySusannaDined on 10/28/2014Wonderful dining experience with elegant ambiance, attentive service, and fine cuisine. Pricey but worth it, certainly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before the showthread47Dined on 10/27/2014We had a 6pm reservation and show at 7:30, two order salad and appetizers for dinner, two had complete dinners. We asked that salads and appetizers come out with the dinner. That did not happen, one of the complete dinners did not get his salad until we asked about it. Our orders were slow in coming out, that at 6:50 pm we were just getting our meals. The two desserts for the complete dinner we had to ask for along with the check so we could get out on time. I guess I would come again and plan on 2 hrs for dinner. I thought there was enough wait staff, I think the problem was in the kitchen. I would recommend this if going to a show but you have a lot of time to eat prior to show time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday Brunch!MaziedazieDined on 10/26/2014My family and I have enjoyed Sunday brunch on a couple of occasions. Both times, we were seated outside on a beautiful Carolina morning. The menu provided a varied selection of foods that were perfect for brunch. The food was delicious and the courtyard was the perfect setting to eat and share special family time. Our server was very attentive to our needs. This is certainly a restaurant that we will be enjoying again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodRunnerGirlDined on 10/26/2014My family and I travel to Greenville at least twice a year. Every time we are there, we go to brunch at Nantucket. The service is wnderful. The ambiance is peaceful. The food is very good. Unfortunately, my favorite brunch item was a little disappointing on this trip. The brioche french toast stuffed with mascarpone compote was neither. The bread was bbarelybtoasted at all. Usually, this itme is prepared with a better quality bread. Additionally, the "stuffed" is no longer stuffed. The cheese and berry compote was smeared on very lightly. Very disappointed! However, the chicken and biscuits my daughter had was delightful! So...we will be back, but not for that poor quality french toast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningEtienneDined on 10/25/2014If you are looking for fine dining in an elegant atmosphere, this is the place for you. The food and service are excellent. Will come back the next time we are in Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and consistentSatisfiedVIPDined on 10/25/2014Always a joy and of the highest quality. Loved Tuna and ScollopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTravelersDined on 10/25/2014Located in the Marriott Courtyaed this is an excellent restaurant. Service was outstanding, food excellent and a top wine list. Recommend highly!Special Features:
- Best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food was spectacular but the server was the best I've ever encountered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceFineDiner1276Dined on 10/24/2014If you are looking for a special evening and great service, Rick Erwin's is for you. The food was exceptional, service was paced very well and very respectful of our needs. Our party of 7 along with 3 kids (12, 10, 7) had an exceptional experience. Well done.Special Features:
- Very nice elegant mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014This is a great place for lovely seafood meal. It is very nice and elegant. It would also be a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They made it special for us!diner1Dined on 10/21/2014We were in Greenville for a business meeting on my wife's birthday. I took her to Nantucket to celebrate. When i made the reservation, I put "Anita's birthday" in the comments. When we came in, everyone on the staff wished her a happy birthday. we had a cocktail in the bar, then the seafood tower appetizer which they customized for us based on our likes, and the main course was amazing. They made it a special night for us.Special Features:
- Vegan's bewarepescaveganDined on 10/20/2014There were no good options for Vegans. I am not completely vegan I do eat seafood but when I ordered a seafood pasta it came with lots of smelly cheese. Having visited Italy recently I did not expect a seafood pasta dish to contain cheese. The service was excellent but the food and food choices were not so great.Special Features:
- Nice place but not the best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014First time there and that doesn't always mean it is always like this but...the waitress was not very friendly, I had to send my steak back because it wasn't cooked enough and make sure you have a very good idea of the type of wine you'd like with dinner as the help is not very good with this. They have an extensive wine list and it seemed the help wasn't very knowledgeable about it. On a positive note Rick Erwin himself came by our table and was extremely nice and helped greatly with respect to our wine issue. He definitely came across as someone who respects his customers and cares about their experience. I will give this place another shot at my business even though the first one wasn't quite as good as I had thought it would be.Special Features:
- Only onceBrianDined on 10/18/2014Atmosphere was nice. Waiter never smiled once, but the worst was the food. At these prices food should always be good, but three out of four of us did not like our entrees. Scallops had an unpleasant aftertaste. Too many other restaurants in Greenville with better food, and waiters with more personality!
- Incredibly Awesome Food & ServiceArenee9Dined on 10/17/2014We had a very memorable time at Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood. Which the food and dining experience was incredibly awesome! We arrived on a Friday evening for our 5:45 reservation and was seated on time. Hostess was very pleasant. Server greeted us shortly after being seated. Received drinks and was able to order for appetizer in a timely manner; no long waits. All of a sudden the lights out. We were informed that a car hit a light post and all of the lights were out on the entire street. A few guest did leave but we waited for maybe 20 minutes before the lights were back on. Roger kept us "in the know" of what was going on; made sure we were taken care of. Entrees were soon out which were fresh, hot and just what we expected...DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whose decade is this anyway?avocatVIPDined on 10/13/2014Greenville is booming with youthful fun, but not at Rick's. Tall, Dark spaces just made the food harder to see. At least the Grand Space has that going for it. First plate: New England oysters. They were dull and solidly attached to the lower shell.I had to pry them out. Second plate: Ceviche. Nearly unidentifiable fish and seafood swimming in a soggy acidic bath. Probably lime. Third plate: Beef crudo. The beef source was quite good. Paper thin presentation. The kitchen wisely elected to let the tender medallions speak for themselves. With so many bright kitchens and eager foodies in Greenville, there are thankfully other choices.
- marstelesDined on 10/12/2014Arrived early for our reservation, enjoyed having a drink in the bar beforehand. Nice ambiance and relaxing atmosphere. Bartender Marshall (?) was very friendly and polite. Excellent brand selections in the bar. Potato chips were a plus. Dinner was very good, especially the pimento cheese-crab dip. Value was less than expected as prices were very high. Vegetable sides were disappointing. Overall I would recommend and will return next visit to Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedallanVIPDined on 10/12/2014Brought visiting friends for dinner on Sunday. Very few people in the restaurant and I asked to be seated in one of the empty booths. We were told they were being held. When we left there were still three empty booths. Waiter came back twice to say that two of the dishes we ordered were not available and said they don't have everything on Sundays. We would have made other plans if we knew the menu was limited on Sundays.