Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
6335 N. 16th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://richardsonsnm.com/
- Phone: (602) 265-5886
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining information is available at our website
- Private Party Contact: Office 6022851780
A word from Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
Specializing in New Mexican Cuisine. Richardson’s concept has been around since 1988. Known for our red and green chile and our outstanding Wood Oven Pizzas. Our menu includes a variety of salads, appetizers, pastas, soup of the day and main entrees. Daily specials are written on our blackboards. And we also offer an extensive wine by the glass and reserve selection. We take reservations for parties of four or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (25)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Took Friends to New PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014Took our friends to Richardson's since they are lovers of New Mexico cuisine. Dinner was enjoyable and they seemed to enjoy the food. Only problem was with one of our party ordering the special menu brisket tacos. The meat was way to fatty and not tender enough to eat in a taco. NOT a good choice .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Sunday Brunch!hmacazDined on 11/9/2014We've been to Richardsons several times for dinner. Its the best place to take out of town visitors. We've never gone for lunch or brunch. Just as good as going for dinner but a little less pricey. We went at 1:30 so it wasn't as busy but our guests were not in a rush as they had time before they needed to go to the airport. And the staff did not rush us either. It was pretty quiet at that time. Food was excellent as always, staff was friendly. We now have the place to go for weekend brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Music TOOOOOO LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Service and Food are beyond reproach however the music was so loud that you had to yell to get the person next to you to hear you. Went there for a business meeting; had to move the discussion but stayed to enjoy the food.Special Features:
- unique dining experiencelumsterDined on 11/5/2014Quaint neighborhood local restaurant has the foundation for unique dining experience. HOwever the service was extremely slow that evening. Even chips and salsa took exceptionally long. The total time at restaurant from seeding to leaving was nearly 2-hours which is unacceptable. The cuisine is New Mexican and not Tex-Mex which I despise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richardson's is a Phoenix GemphxfanDined on 11/3/2014Richardson's has been a Phoenix favorite for many years. If you haven't tried Richardson's, put it at the top of your list, gather friends and get ready for a wonderful evening of great food and service. Richardson's has one of the most unique menus in the valley (think comfort food meets culinary brilliance). If Ambiance is important to you Richardson's hits the mark there too. You feel as though you are dining in the comfort of a really cool home with a fabulous outdoor space, perfect for enjoying Arizona's winter months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not as great as usuallehappyDined on 10/10/2014We have been many times before and the service and food have been better...our server was kinda cranky...which I have never had before! Usually everyone is so up beat..she couldn't help us with our food selections and just didn't seem happy at all...my hubby's order wasn't what he though and everyone ended up sharing my order!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites...rc33azDined on 10/8/2014Several visits to Richardson's. Great food, great wine selection and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/8/2014We have been regulars for 10 years. This was our worst experience. Had to send food back, but the server did not take it off the bill. The music was very loud and we had to ask multiple times for them to turn it down. Felt like we were in a dance hall. Not the type of music or volume you would expect from this place. Also had to ask to change the channel on the TV. We were not interested in seeing wrestling. Killed the mood. Service was poor. She was friendly but not attentive and poorly trained. The hostess was doing a lot of texting and we learned she was training someone new. Perhaps they need a new manager, as I am hard pressed to return.
- Always terrificGobzafunVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is my go to place for out of town guests - and the food is always the star!Special Features:
- Great New Mexican CuisineDesertDinerDined on 9/24/2014Excellent food with great flavors and spicing...the green chili flavor are awesome. Good Tito's Moscow Mules, nice bar. Went there for a business dinner; the service was excellent and the food was outstanding. A wonderful Phoenix gem.Special Features:
- Not Great For GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Although Richardson's is a great place to eat, it's not very conducive for groups of 6 or more.Special Features:
- Too Noisy and overpricedktraveler2Dined on 9/17/2014We brought our out of town guests to Richardson,s and it was so noisy that we could not carry a conversation without shouting and even then we could not hear each other. The food was ok but I felt it was overpriced. Service was ok but not spectacular. Unfortunately I don't think we will be back any time soon.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchMeowDined on 9/7/2014A small group of us were there Sunday for a 1:00pm brunch. We were given a great corner booth, perfect for talking,comfort - mimosas were great .. I ordered the jalapeno eggs benedict - so good although I wish the jalapeno sauce was just a tad bit spicier - no complaints tho - beans and potatoes on the side. The other 3 guests were severed specials for that day,completely consumed, nicely displayed on the black chalk board. Great ambience, great service, no waiting (as we had reservations) This was my first time at this location - I previously had gone to the original one prior to the fire.. this location is great - I'd glading come and hang out here anytime. Viva Richardsons'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday brunchohhappydayDined on 9/7/2014We had a birthday brunch for my husband on Sunday. We had great service and the restaurant was very comfortable. We noticed several people almost falling due to a step up and then a step down into one of tables in the corner. (even though the waiter/waitress reminded people) Dangerous, I feel a metal strip on carpet would be better. Food was extremely spicy, but delicious. Almost too spicy to us, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a Santa Fe tasteRadarDined on 9/6/2014Try all the the different margarita's. Mixed plates are a great way to try different foods. Always a treat to eat at Richardson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointedralphyVIPDined on 8/17/2014notation on reservation was for b-day celebration. no mention of it when dinig?? why bother?
- MojooVIPDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed the spicy delicious adovado. Great heat! Huge portions. Great guacamole, very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014I gave 3 stars for service this time because they basically ignored us, but that has never happened to me before--and I eat here all the time. Love the food. Today was brunch, green chili pork enchiladas. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richardson'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My first visit to the new Richardson's. It felt like nothing changed. Love, love, love the great food and service. Would highly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Mexico nativeSpicemanDined on 8/8/2014Great selection of Santa Fe like food. Lot's of spicy dishes to choose and an excellent wine list. They do a great job with sea food too !Special Features:
- 4 4 DinnerbuckeyebadgerDined on 8/8/2014We shared a selection of appetizers and two deserts along with a wonderful red. We had not been back since before the "burn" but will be soon. A bit noisy but it was a Friday night in August. Watch out for the spicy if you are not ready for a sparkle...ask the server and they will even bring a sample...try before you buy as the menu urgesSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceChandler85224Dined on 7/26/2014It has been many years since we dined at Richardson's, so it was wonderful to return and experience its outstanding Mew Mexico style menu again. I can't think of many restaurants in the Valley that so authentically capture Southwestern food and ambience. The food is simply delicious. Some dishes are pretty spicy and all are very flavorful. Our server was attentive and friendly. Overall, our group of four thoroughly enjoyed Richardson's and agreed to add it to our rotation of favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Tasty BrunchRegularFoodieWineLoverDined on 7/26/2014My friends and I came in to celebrate a friend's birthday today and had brunch. The food was pretty good; I had ordered the crab cake benedict special. The entree sizes are huge so plan to take the extras home. We had a nice large booth and the server was great about keeping our beverages refilled. We ordered and paid for a birthday dessert to come out (I had requested it in the reservation) and we chose the cheesecake. It was delicious so I would definitely get dessert again when I come back. The bar was packed at 10:30am, possibly because of the awesome $5 bloody mary and mimosa weekend special. The patio looks like a great place to sit when it isn't 100 degrees out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 133 reviews are from the Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico reviews archive.
- All time favoriteDaveandPam96Dined on 7/20/2014I've been a loyal customer since 1995 and it never gets old. The food is unbelievable and the service is second to none. I highly recommend you try the skewers to start, anything in the special board, and if the staff recommends something, go for it! I took my wife here for our first date and we have been returning for 18 years. The history is remarkable and the 3 restaurants to choose from are all fabulous. Don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to the hype!VicksterDined on 7/19/2014I had been anxious to try Richardson's but was very disappointed in the food and service. Service was slow and inattentive. The margueritas were boring and tasted watered-down (both regular and prickly pear). Roasted Garlic appetizer was good, but there was not enough toast to last through the dip. We asked for more toast, the waiter was very annoyed and brought us the same bread, untoasted. Both couples at our table shared an entree at the waiter's suggestion (he said we would be too full after the Garlic) and we ordered his "favorite" (the Carne Adovado). We love spicy food, but this was entirely too hot and spicy to enjoy. Also, he knew we were sharing, but there was only 1 tortilla served with it. We won't be returning.
- steveDined on 7/19/2014We were warned that this restaurant is dark but it was worse than we thought. You can't see their menu without using your smartphone light and seeing your food is almost impossible. I've been in sport restaurants where they turn down the light because of their huge TV but it's ridiculous that Richardson's turn their lights down this low! The restaurant is noisy and it seems everyone there are talking as loud as they could. Their food (chipotle ribs and pork tenderloin) is just average, spicy and salty but has no distinct taste. Their flan (dessert) and their drinks are the only saving grace here. The restaurant doesn't have enough waiters/waitresses and their services were slow. In all, we don't recommend this restaurant.
- Great Neighborhood DinningRisingstockDined on 7/18/2014We have been going to Richardson's for years; the food and service is always great. Love the fact that I looks exactly the same in its new location as it did before the fire in its old location.Special Features:
- Richardsons Rocks!ManeroDined on 7/1/2014Anytime we are in AZ this is a must do !!! The Prickley Pear Margaritia is awesome! Be sure to get the Quacomole it is Amazing! The hostess and waitress were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southwest food, slow serviceSouthwestDaveDined on 5/17/2014The food is great. This was my second trip and all four of us (2newbies) loved it. Service was slow and chaotic (it was Sat night at 6:45and they were busy). The hostess was overwhelmed, running around, took 15 minutes just to check in with a reservation, and not because of bunch of people ahead of us. Took forever to see a waiter and get drinks ordered. There were very long lapses between every phase of the meal. And it wasn't waiting for the kitchen. The first time we ate there was similar. They need more wait staff and/or better systems for dealing with the busy times. Other very good and popular places manage to do it, right? Still, the food is really good, but you have to really want SW food to put up with the service.
- Hot StuffgitlawVIPDined on 5/12/2014This is a fun, casual spot in central Phoenix. The food tends to be on the spicy-hot side but it is worth it. We enjoyed Richardson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Richardsons!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Amazing meal as always! Mommy thoroughly enjoyed her Mother's Day Brunch! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly good food and serviceJessVIPDined on 5/10/2014We ate at Richardson's on a Saturday night based on a suggestion from friends. Our experience at Richardson's, unfortunately, began with a rough start. The hostess seemed to be hiding at her little station inside the restaurant. I went up to her to let her know we were here for our 8pm reservation (it was just before 8pm). She told us our table wasn't ready yet and then just stared at me rudely. I asked if we could get a drink at the bar to prompt her to some action resembling customer service, and then she basically shooed us away to a corner not at the bar to order drinks and again, rudely told us there was no cocktail menu when asked about it. Aside from the hostess, the rest of our service and experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great time but.....DonnaVIPDined on 5/9/2014We were seated in the "cave" booth in the back corner which had NO lighting and despite flashlights, candles and LED lights, it was very difficult to see the food or the company we were with. We had friends visiting from back east and had raved about Richardson's to them, but frankly, it was just too dark back there and hard to determine what you were eating. Several ordered the enchilada plate (3 different ones) but only one of them got what they actually wanted and when it was time to figure out what was missing, it was so darn dark it took a while to tell..I was a bit disappointed in the meal but will still come back. I just felt bad for our friends visiting. They weren't overly impressed.Special Features:
- Sopapillas need helpBest4PhxVIPDined on 4/30/2014Great restaurant. Sopapillas too doughy. Need to be thin and hollow to be authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Southwest Brunch in townBeckyVIPDined on 4/27/2014If you're looking for a fun brunch place with a southwestern flair, this is the place. Breakfast burritos, quesadillas, and eggs with enchiladas are great pairings with generous brunch cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch5yearsDined on 4/20/2014Came here on a Sunday for lunch-was seated inside in the bar area. My husband sat down & the cushion he was sitting on was soaking wet. His pants then became wet and when we told the waiter she just said sorry and took the whole cushion/pillows off. We had a sleeping baby in the carrier and the waitress was pretty loud which woke her up. I know it wasn't really her fault really but that made me a little annoyed since I had to hold the baby the entire time now instead of enjoying my meal. It took a little for the food to get there and refills weren't often. Had to ask her twice for another sprite.The food itself was okay. We came during brunch so maybe lunch/dinner is better. But my husband and brother liked what they ordered.Special Features:
- Most items on the menu burstSteveDined on 4/1/2014Most items on the menu burst with flavor! The variety of the menu is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So yummy! There special itemsWowieVIPDined on 3/31/2014So yummy! There special items on the board are always so delicious!Special Features:
- Brunch disasterHungryinPhoenixVIPDined on 3/16/2014Made a reservation for brunch - arrived on time. We were told the computer had gone down and we were being moved next door. Ok. We got drinks and placed our order. And waited. And waited. And waited.... After one hour and ten minutes the manager starts a conversation with another group, apologizes for the wait, returns to them with chips and salsa, apologizes, and tries to walk by us. We had arrived before that table. We asked about our food and he said he would check. No apology. No chips. No answer after another 5 minutes. We left after sitting there 1:20 minutes with water. We won't be back.
- Very Good but Issue w/ReservationBeckyDined on 3/15/2014Richardson's is one of our favorite restaurants and the food was very good as usual. We did have an issue with the reservation - we were nervous about using online reservations for a table of 8 for a Saturday - they did not call to confirm. When we got at the restaurant they told us that they were having trouble with their computer system and would we have a problem sitting outside. That was not a problem, but they squeezed us in a table that could seat 6 people at best (they couldn't even get all of the plates on the table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.