Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
6335 N. 16th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://richardsonsnm.com/
- Phone: (602) 265-5886
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining information is available at our website
- Private Party Contact: Office 6022851780
A word from Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
Specializing in New Mexican Cuisine. Richardson’s concept has been around since 1988. Known for our red and green chile and our outstanding Wood Oven Pizzas. Our menu includes a variety of salads, appetizers, pastas, soup of the day and main entrees. Daily specials are written on our blackboards. And we also offer an extensive wine by the glass and reserve selection. We take reservations for parties of four or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (25)great for brunch (13)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2013Outstanding guacamole-flavors were wonderful! We dined with two other couples. Noise level was pretty high so it was difficult to hear conversations beyond the person next to you. I had chimayo chicken and would highly recommend the dish. Excellent flavors, large quantity and nice presentation. My husband had New Mexico Enchiladas. They were hot but didnt have unique flavors beyond hot! Others had New Mexico Surf and Turf and Pork Tenderloin and two had fish specials. They all liked their meals. Service was excellent. The only reason we won't return very soon is because the prices are on the higher end. With drinks and tip we paid just over $100 per couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Mexican cuisine.AZBobVIPDined on 4/15/2013Great New Mexican cuisine. Tight quarters and very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was less thanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013Our waitress was less than great; she seemed to be in a hurry to get us out of the restaurant even though it was late evening and no one waiting for the table. But my negative comments are more about the restaurant. It is New Mexican cuisine, so we knew it would be spicy, but every dish was the same level of HOT. Even the Ceasar salad, which should be cool and refreshing, was extremely firey, including the croutons! But here is the amazing part. Reading from the menu: "we will not split checks", "we will not split entrees", "no highchairs, no booster chairs", "show your gift card to the waitress before you order to make sure it is not out of date", etc etc. Do these people really want customers or not? We will not return.
- Suggest that the Pasta HeidiMatsoDined on 4/5/2013Suggest that the Pasta Heidi is removed from the menu. Not that great. Other menu items were great. We liked it better when you could order off of both the Richardson's and Rokerj menusSpecial Features:
- One of the Valley's best.MelissaVIPDined on 3/29/2013One of the Valley's best. Never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Not as good as we rememberBakerdogsDined on 3/15/2013Have dined here in past visits to Phoenix. This time was very noisy for dinner. Hard to have conversation even in booth. Food review was mixed, with carnitas tacos being very dry. Enchiladas were excellent. Margaritas were pricey and on the sweet side. Might try for lunch next time.Special Features:
- Excellent, uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Loved the NM ambience. The garlic dish is great and the carne amazing. Even the house wine was great. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was incredible butNancyDined on 3/8/2013The food was incredible but we were seated in the bar area and could barely have a conversation.Special Features:
- Great food & service. It getsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Great food & service. It gets a little loud. A bit hard to hold a conversation across the table. But, on the whole it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- This was an excellent restaurantGingerDined on 2/26/2013This was an excellent restaurant experience in every way. The ambiance was outstanding and the food was cooked to perfection. It is unique to the Valley and one that we will frequent and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Noise level was not energetic,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Noise level was not energetic, it was LOUD! Excellent food. Cramped area but acceptable.Special Features:
- Buckeye GuestTralfazVIPDined on 2/18/2013Great place, unique decor and fantastic menu. If you don't like spicy food let them know when you order.Special Features:
- I went with four 3 other peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I went with four 3 other people and we all LOVED IT!!! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Food was OK, not great. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Food was OK, not great. Service was spotty at best. Overall, an underwhelming experience.
- service was rushed as if toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013service was rushed as if to get us out as fast as possible. server was rude, food was just ok, nothing to go back for.Special Features:
- The appetizer was great, roastedCDC1Dined on 1/25/2013The appetizer was great, roasted garlic with green chile, cheese, and toasted french bread, but the rest of the food was mediocre and not particularly New Mexican. The sopapillas were particularly disappointing as they were entirley wrong--more like a donut than a sopapilla. The margarita was average and the service was fair though unexceptional and despite a reservation we had to wait 45 minutes, past our reservation time, for a table. Next time I would be more likely to visit old friends in Albuquerque if I had a craving for New Mexican food.
- Still a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013I have been to Richardson's multiple times, and it never disappoints except for the service. It leaves much to be desired. However, I can't penalize the restaurant, since I went there for the food. The crab cakes are to die for, and I always get the grilled shrimp.Special Features:
- My wife and I are regulars.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2013My wife and I are regulars. We took another couple who had not been there before. They loved it and said they would definitely be back.Special Features:
- We brought friends who wereLindaDined on 1/18/2013We brought friends who were visiting Phoenix for the Barrett-Jackson car auction and they were loan away by everything...service, food, ambiance.Special Features:
- The ambience was so much likeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013The ambience was so much like the original Richardson's which we loved before it burned. They have recreated the atmosphere with even more charm and "new mexico south western" flavor, design and decor. The food superb. We loved it and will go back many times.Special Features:
- Love the ambiance of Richardson's.PSSKDined on 1/7/2013Love the ambiance of Richardson's. Also, if you are a fish eater like I am, the fish selections are plentiful and wonderful.Special Features:
- Richardson's us always greatFoodieDined on 1/2/2013Richardson's us always great but I never feel appreciated when I come. The problem with such a popular restaurant is that they could care less if you return since so many people frequent the restaurant. The waiters are not overly friendly and I felt as if I was bothering mine when I asked a few questions about the menu. It is very noisy! I go there far less than I used to. Now I go about once per year. There are so many other great restaurants in Phoenix to and to try. The food is very good, though!!
- the biggest issue was it tookDddbVIPDined on 12/28/2012the biggest issue was it took 50 minutes to get our food once it was ordered, which is just too long to wait.
- Not worth it anymore!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012Bar Service slow an inattentive. After being seated waited 10 minutes for a server to acknowledge we were there. Ordered drinks and appetizer and they showed up at the same time,over 15 minute wait. Drinks should have been served first, appetizers when ever. Appy's were served luke warm. Dinner was unremarkable, other than every thing was either served lukewarm or cold. Waited a long time for entree's to appear. Ordered desert, coffee and sopapilla's, coffee showed up 10 minutes before desert did. No offer to refill coffee cups. We tipped 20% because obviously this wasn't the servers fault but more the management. This is no longer the Richardson's we used to know and love. Good concept, really lousy service.
- Love This Place!SuzyQinAZDined on 12/21/2012Loved the new outside dining! Food was delicious, as always, but hotter this time than usual. Some of the dishes were almost too hot to eat, but they had great flavor! We love this place!Special Features:
- disappointing birthdayAimeeDined on 12/9/2012I had written notes on my reservation that I would like a quiet table for my 85 year old parents who were coming along and I appreciated that that request was honored. I also noted that it was my birthday - I did not expect anything free - but a "happy birthday" from one of the servers would have been nice. The food was really awful and way below expectations - very disappointed - perhaps the chef was off on Sunday night...... A mistake was made on our bill - we were charged for 2 items we did not order and it took way too long for the server to make the correction - apparently she needed management approval - but we sat for at least 15 minutes waiting for them to correct their own mistake - not cool and put a damper on the whole experieSpecial Features:
- I love Richardsons! If youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012I love Richardsons! If you go, you need to start off with the Garlic Platter as an appitizer! Sooooo good!Special Features:
- When we arrived we were advisedrixrevsVIPDined on 12/5/2012When we arrived we were advised that our table was not available and would be in about 10 minutes. We went to the bar, where we were kind of ignored for 10 minutes, it took another 10 for the bartender to get our drink order, I could forgive this if he was busy but the bar was not. We ordered chips and salsa and those were forgotten. Our table came available and we moved to the dining room. Our waitress was attentive and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- I liked it very much....theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012I liked it very much....the only complaint I have is that the waiter did not warn us of the heat level of the tomatillo toast before we ordered it! Thanks :)Special Features:
- My wife and I have been goingArnieGVIPDined on 11/24/2012My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for many years and have enjoyed the food. But they recently changed the preparation of our favorite dish--the smoked turkey enchiladas--to the point where it was so spicy/hot that it was inedible. We brought 3 guests with us for dinner that evening, and of the four different menu choices selected that evening, 3 were judged to be too spicy.
- Wonderful evening. We soSatisfiedDined on 11/15/2012Wonderful evening. We so enjoyed the food. Very noisy though.Special Features:
- The menu is unique with somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012The menu is unique with something for everyone. we had the pork adovado and the tamales then we shared. both were delicious, served hot and well presented. The service was prompt and friendly. the wine was excellent and the sopapillas were wonderful. what a great birthday celebration. I could have done with more light to read the menu and the bill.Special Features:
- This was the first time IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012This was the first time I dined at your new location since the fire. I really love your courtyard patio and so do my friends! The food, drinks and service was excellent, as always. My friends enjoyed it so much we went for an after dinner drink to one of your other locations, Dicks Hideaway! We all enjoyed that, as well. I will definitely be back, again, and again. I just wish it was more often,as I live in Mesa. Thank you for having a great restaurant that has wonderful food, drinks and a friendly, attentive staff!! You have it all! LauraSpecial Features:
- There are only a few placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012There are only a few places in Phoenix to get good Mexican food - this is one of the best!
- Everyone at the table ravedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2012Everyone at the table raved about how great a spot it was for brunch. Something different than just an eggs and bacon diner. The place looked great, quick service, and there was good music in the background that you didn't have to shout over in order to be heard. We will certainly be back again.Special Features:
- New Mexican cusine comes to ArizonaPhoenixPhoodieDined on 10/5/2012Their New Mexican Cusine was like eating in New Mexico.....with out the airfare. Great food, atmosphere,and service.Special Features:
- phoenix foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012Wonderful and unique restaurant with top-notch food! Try the specials - you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Although the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Although the food was good, we will not return. Why...1-Valet parking required with no option to self park...don't mind paying but do not allow anyone to drive my vehicle 2-Server was down right rude.
- My husband and I had our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012My husband and I had our first date at the original one, We have been fans for over 17 years. We were so glad they rebuilt, and on the site of one of our other old favorite spots, Timothy's. I love that it is exactly the same in EVERY WAY!! Always great food, Great service, and a Great time! My favorite dish is the Chimayo Chicken! Thanks Richardsons.!Special Features:
- It is some of the best foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012It is some of the best food we have ever had!!! Everything was wonderful, scallops, shrimp, tilapia. The steak was little overcooked but still good. We brought some friends and they loved it alsoSpecial Features: