Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
6335 N. 16th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://richardsonsnm.com/
- Phone: (602) 265-5886
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining information is available at our website
- Private Party Contact: Office 6022851780
A word from Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
Specializing in New Mexican Cuisine. Richardson’s concept has been around since 1988. Known for our red and green chile and our outstanding Wood Oven Pizzas. Our menu includes a variety of salads, appetizers, pastas, soup of the day and main entrees. Daily specials are written on our blackboards. And we also offer an extensive wine by the glass and reserve selection. We take reservations for parties of four or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (25)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (8)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- richardson's is backdontlikefancyVIPDined on 3/5/2014I have been to Richardson's several times since they reopened , and was generally less impressed than in the past. Service was less friendly,the sales were no longer included with the entrees, parking had become impossible without valet, seating on the patio was uncomfortable because of the warm temperature and the noise level was annoying. We gave it another chance last night. Our server was attentive. The salads were back. The food was fabulous. Yes, it was cool, but we just put on sweaters. The noise level was high, but we were lucky to have a table in the back. After looking for Richardson's alternatives, and getting disappointed, They are back and so am I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid AgainMikeDined on 2/27/2014Richardson's is one of the places I like to take people from out of town. It has classic southwestern type food and a uniquely Phoenix feel to it with its outdoor space. This time around, we had a party of 6, 2 from out of town and 2 from in town who had never been there. Everyone was impressed with the food, service and atmosphere and they were extremely flexible with our reservation, even though it was quite busy. Everyone got plenty to eat and drink and the final tab was very reasonable. Another great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been a RichardsonsMichaelDined on 2/15/2014I have been a Richardsons fan since 2003 at the old location. I totally love the ourdoor dining added at this location. Inside it is a bit too noisy but the food is so good you deal with it.Special Features:
- Never Fails to PleaseBubblesnRockyDined on 2/15/2014Went for a birthday occasion and had a great time. Food was excellent and the outdoor dining on patio was perfect. Will keep on coming back.Special Features:
- Consistently great foodvisitsmanycitiesDined on 2/14/2014We sat outside at low tables as reservations for 2 is unusual - at least on Valentines Day. The only ding I have to give is that the initial service was slow outside and that the outdoor seating is more suited for groups of four or more socializing. Having said that, the food was fantastic as always and the service caught up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice bar areaParisPerfectVIPDined on 2/13/2014We visited the original Richardson's many times and the new one shortly after they re opened at the new location. The food was not as good this visit, two years later, still good but more volume. Shame as the ingredients seem first class. Kitchen needs it's mojo back, front of house was running smoothly.
- Unique SW Cuisine!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/9/2014Richardson's is one of our favorite restaurants. The menu is unlike anything else in town and the food is always great! Unfortunately, Richardson's does not take reservations for parties less than 4 and the hostess/manager positions seem to change frequently, therefore it's hard to get to know the staff! There always seems to be confusion when we go in as a party of 2, so I think that management could do a better job making the hostesses understand that just because a table has a reservation at 7, it does not mean that you can't seat a party there at 5!Special Features:
- Really great food! They tookWowieVIPDined on 2/7/2014Really great food! They took us right on time at 7:45. The garlic plate appetizer was awesome!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town visitors loved itGPfromPhoenixDined on 1/18/2014Took some friends from NY and Seattle there annd they enjoyed the food and commented on the great service.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsScottDined on 1/17/2014We always enjoy Richardson's, and our waitress Diane was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 favorite restaurants!GoodeatsDined on 1/15/2014Love to turn on friends to the Richardson experience. It's a gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- Would recommendmmhughesVIPDined on 1/15/2014We went to Richardson's to celebrate a birthday. Food was good, service so so. It was our first time and our server was not very helpful in describing the menu. She rushed us for drinks, apps, dinner and dessert so it was not very relaxing. Lighting is very dim. I enjoyed it but my 74 yr old mother said it was too dark :) Also, even though we are not dessert people, we had a birthday to celebrate - there are only 2 options. Overall our experience was good, but it was not relaxing because of how fast we were served. Dinner took much longer to be served than anything else so we were rushed only to wait then rushed again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJohnAZDined on 1/11/2014We have been going here for years and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingFineDinerVIPDined on 1/6/2014Tried a burger for the first time...sorry I waited so long!Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forlasrjockDined on 1/3/2014This was just thetype of food we were looking for. The waiters recommendations were spot on.Special Features:
- Always TastyPaulaDined on 1/1/2014Richardson's never disappoints. The food is always tasty and if you order the right dishes, carry a little kick that warms the belly. I will likely return again soon to try some of their other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute New Year's celebration.AzDiningDivaDined on 12/31/2013I made last minute reservations at Richardson's for 4 of us for New Year's Eve.I was surprised to get it as this place is usually busy. Good food as usual. Service was pretty slow, but we enjoyed ourselves and I will be back as it is a great neighborhood place and a great place to take first-timers and out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJoyceDined on 12/29/2013If I could give this restaurant more stars I would. The food is amazing. The service is great. Will go back again and again. Plan to try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Christmas CelebrationJulieVIPDined on 12/20/2013We came here for our annual Holiday get-together. We were seated at a table on the patio. It was cold and was nice to have a heater close-by. We loved the food, the atmosphere, and we had great service. All-in-all a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysMichaelDined on 12/8/2013Richardsons is an old time favorite to which I continually return and will keep doing. It is a must stop when i am in that part of town.Special Features:
- Great! (with one exception)ChesterfieldVIPDined on 11/30/2013Our meal was fabulous and our server, Erich, was a real pro. We only wish they would turn up the lights. Richardson's lighting is ultra dim--like going into a cave with a candle. You can't read a menu without a flashlight nor can you see the food on your plate without a flashlight. This is a shame because the presentations of delicious food are beautiful. Passing the restaurant provided flashlight and cell phone lights around the table is how we navigated through the evening. When we asked about the lighting we were told that Mr. Richardson himself insists on the ultra dim lighting. We would respectfully ask him to reconsider and give the customers a better all around dining experience by turning up the lights a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richardsons has it allMsprairieVIPDined on 11/26/2013I can sum it up in three words THE BEST FOOD yummmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to see Richardsons back...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013Happy to see Richardsons back... Felt just like old place. Food excellent.... Good timesSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and atmosphere.travelerDined on 11/2/2013Went there for a Saturday lunch. Waiter did a superb job explaining the dishes on the menu. Very authentic New Mexican fare. A must visit for anyone who enjoys such food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeDined on 10/2/2013Excellent as always, don't miss roasted garlic appetizer and anything with green sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Ordinary ResturantHaydenFerryDined on 9/25/2013Food is unique to Richardson's. a Place to set a good impression. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodGobzafunVIPDined on 9/22/2013Eaten here many times and always a solid performance from the kitchen. They do everything well and have a very diverse menu. I love taking people from out of town here as the food is unique and if they like spicy, this place knows spicy! But not pepper sauce spicy, slow cooked chiles spicy, among the best in town. You can never go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaningRandallDined on 9/21/2013I was a big fan a while back. The food seems a little less authentic than it used to be. I sense the preparation technique has been sacrificed for mass production...still a neat place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerMikeDined on 9/20/2013Richardson's is consistently good - the food, the service and the atmosphere. It is also a good value. It is my go-to place to take out-of-towners who visit the valley. It was the place people took me when I used to visit the valley before moving here.Special Features:
- I would highly recommend theirnukepwrVIPDined on 9/18/2013I would highly recommend their nightly fish specials
- Improve ReceptionDaManDined on 9/1/2013When we arrived we were told there were no tables inside (despite having CONFIRMED our reservation in the afternoon over phone), we were encouraged to sit outside (on a humid summer night) or go to Rokerij (we wanted to go to newly re-built Richardson's!). Turned out there was a table available all along. Obviously, that table was being saved for someone else (why we wondered...was it favoritism or worse?). If she couldn't see that a table was available, your sustem of indicating table-availability needs to be worked on but she did walk over that side to check. Too bad, food was really good and as was our server that night but unable to recommend a restaurant to friends not knowing whether they'll be treated right when they walk in.Special Features:
- Phoenix LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/17/2013I had always heard about Richardson's, and finally got the chance to try it. The hostess, Kate, was warm and welcoming, and took time out of her busy night to tell me some history about the restaurant as it was my first time there. Service was excellent, and they are very accomodating with your preference of heat (good advice: get the chile sauces on the side and see which you prefer). Tasty and interesting combinations; if you've been to New Mexico, you will see some old favorites and some new twists, too. Enormous portions; this is the place to come with friends and share small plates so you can try a bit of everything. Great happy hour deals, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richardson's never disappointskhazVIPDined on 7/29/2013This is my first visit to the rebuilt restaurant, and it was fun to see that the inside is exactly like the old restaurant on Bethany (beautiful copper bar top, etc.). The noise level is not as high (which is a good thing). I love the patio area and look forward to the cooler weather to enjoy it. Service and food was great.Special Features:
- Richardson's Second to NoneGMizDined on 7/28/2013Richardsons is my favorite restaurant in Phoenix. Food always great and service fast and friendly. I have never met anyone who doesn't love the place!Special Features:
- V. Good fancy New MexSouthwestDaveDined on 7/26/2013I love NMMexican and have Eaten a lot in NM & at Los Dos Molinos in AZ. Richardsons took elements of New Mex and upscaled it. Green chile pork rellenos, red chile pork adovado were great and pretty authentic. Enchiladaswere rolled, not stacked with an egg as they should be, so I passed. Shrimp and Mexican sausage appetizers were great. Service was relaxed but no problem. It's expensive (with tip, $200 for four, but that was with 5 beers and 3 margaritas). We didn't have the expensive, specialty entrees or mainly meat dishes, but judging by our food they'd be great. For more "real" NM Mexican food, I'd opt for Los Dos, but Richardsons is a welcome change. Great place for visitors who can handle the spice/heat. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food.AngieDined on 7/12/2013Excellent service and food. What more could you ask for. Took Business clients for lunch and everyone raved about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great serviceJmk86Dined on 5/16/2013I've been going to Richardson's since before the original location burned down. Always a fantastic meal with great service. I never feel rushed... They time courses very well. Love the wait staff. Perfectly attentive without being overbearing. East coasters will especially love this restaurant. In the new Richardson's, I feel like it's ambience isn't the same. Still great but I can't put my finger on it. Still a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs More VarietyOTDevoteeDined on 5/12/2013There are some great standby dishes, but overall the menu lacks depth and true variety. Many of the dishes have same flavor profile, and specials are not so much so. The wait for our meal was bordering on unreasonable at 30+ minutes on a quiet morning.
- Poor service but great food.AZmikeVIPDined on 5/10/2013We must have had a rookie waitress. The drink order had to be repeated 3 times over a 10 minute period. The food order was the same thing and then only 3 of 4 entrees made it to the table. It showed up a couple minutes later. Fortunately the food was excellent. They did comp us the 4th entree and a round of drinks for all of the hassle so I give them a thumbs up for that. Previous visits have always been good so I will chalk this trip up as an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2013Richardson's was recommended by relatives who frequent this restaurant. We are from New Jersey and wanted an authentic New Mexican dinner. This restaurant did not disappoint! The food was great, portions slightly larger then necessary but overall a great dinner. The only downside is that they did not have kids size portions so I would recommend kids share a plate. I will return next time I am in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.