Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
6335 N. 16th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://richardsonsnm.com/
- Phone: 6022655886
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining information is available at our website
- Private Party Contact: Office 6022851780
A word from Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico
Specializing in New Mexican Cuisine. Richardson’s concept has been around since 1988. Known for our red and green chile and our outstanding Wood Oven Pizzas. Our menu includes a variety of salads, appetizers, pastas, soup of the day and main entrees. Daily specials are written on our blackboards. And we also offer an extensive wine by the glass and reserve selection. We take reservations for parties of four or more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (12)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- disapointedralphyVIPDined on 8/17/2014notation on reservation was for b-day celebration. no mention of it when dinig?? why bother?
- MojooVIPDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed the spicy delicious adovado. Great heat! Huge portions. Great guacamole, very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014I gave 3 stars for service this time because they basically ignored us, but that has never happened to me before--and I eat here all the time. Love the food. Today was brunch, green chili pork enchiladas. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richardson'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My first visit to the new Richardson's. It felt like nothing changed. Love, love, love the great food and service. Would highly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Mexico nativeSpicemanDined on 8/8/2014Great selection of Santa Fe like food. Lot's of spicy dishes to choose and an excellent wine list. They do a great job with sea food too !Special Features:
- 4 4 DinnerbuckeyebadgerDined on 8/8/2014We shared a selection of appetizers and two deserts along with a wonderful red. We had not been back since before the "burn" but will be soon. A bit noisy but it was a Friday night in August. Watch out for the spicy if you are not ready for a sparkle...ask the server and they will even bring a sample...try before you buy as the menu urgesSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceChandler85224Dined on 7/26/2014It has been many years since we dined at Richardson's, so it was wonderful to return and experience its outstanding Mew Mexico style menu again. I can't think of many restaurants in the Valley that so authentically capture Southwestern food and ambience. The food is simply delicious. Some dishes are pretty spicy and all are very flavorful. Our server was attentive and friendly. Overall, our group of four thoroughly enjoyed Richardson's and agreed to add it to our rotation of favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Tasty BrunchRegularFoodieWineLoverDined on 7/26/2014My friends and I came in to celebrate a friend's birthday today and had brunch. The food was pretty good; I had ordered the crab cake benedict special. The entree sizes are huge so plan to take the extras home. We had a nice large booth and the server was great about keeping our beverages refilled. We ordered and paid for a birthday dessert to come out (I had requested it in the reservation) and we chose the cheesecake. It was delicious so I would definitely get dessert again when I come back. The bar was packed at 10:30am, possibly because of the awesome $5 bloody mary and mimosa weekend special. The patio looks like a great place to sit when it isn't 100 degrees out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favoriteDaveandPam96Dined on 7/20/2014I've been a loyal customer since 1995 and it never gets old. The food is unbelievable and the service is second to none. I highly recommend you try the skewers to start, anything in the special board, and if the staff recommends something, go for it! I took my wife here for our first date and we have been returning for 18 years. The history is remarkable and the 3 restaurants to choose from are all fabulous. Don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to the hype!VicksterDined on 7/19/2014I had been anxious to try Richardson's but was very disappointed in the food and service. Service was slow and inattentive. The margueritas were boring and tasted watered-down (both regular and prickly pear). Roasted Garlic appetizer was good, but there was not enough toast to last through the dip. We asked for more toast, the waiter was very annoyed and brought us the same bread, untoasted. Both couples at our table shared an entree at the waiter's suggestion (he said we would be too full after the Garlic) and we ordered his "favorite" (the Carne Adovado). We love spicy food, but this was entirely too hot and spicy to enjoy. Also, he knew we were sharing, but there was only 1 tortilla served with it. We won't be returning.
- steveDined on 7/19/2014We were warned that this restaurant is dark but it was worse than we thought. You can't see their menu without using your smartphone light and seeing your food is almost impossible. I've been in sport restaurants where they turn down the light because of their huge TV but it's ridiculous that Richardson's turn their lights down this low! The restaurant is noisy and it seems everyone there are talking as loud as they could. Their food (chipotle ribs and pork tenderloin) is just average, spicy and salty but has no distinct taste. Their flan (dessert) and their drinks are the only saving grace here. The restaurant doesn't have enough waiters/waitresses and their services were slow. In all, we don't recommend this restaurant.
- Richardsons Rocks!ManeroDined on 7/1/2014Anytime we are in AZ this is a must do !!! The Prickley Pear Margaritia is awesome! Be sure to get the Quacomole it is Amazing! The hostess and waitress were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southwest food, slow serviceSouthwestDaveDined on 5/17/2014The food is great. This was my second trip and all four of us (2newbies) loved it. Service was slow and chaotic (it was Sat night at 6:45and they were busy). The hostess was overwhelmed, running around, took 15 minutes just to check in with a reservation, and not because of bunch of people ahead of us. Took forever to see a waiter and get drinks ordered. There were very long lapses between every phase of the meal. And it wasn't waiting for the kitchen. The first time we ate there was similar. They need more wait staff and/or better systems for dealing with the busy times. Other very good and popular places manage to do it, right? Still, the food is really good, but you have to really want SW food to put up with the service.
- Hot StuffgitlawVIPDined on 5/12/2014This is a fun, casual spot in central Phoenix. The food tends to be on the spicy-hot side but it is worth it. We enjoyed Richardson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Richardsons!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Amazing meal as always! Mommy thoroughly enjoyed her Mother's Day Brunch! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly good food and serviceJessVIPDined on 5/10/2014We ate at Richardson's on a Saturday night based on a suggestion from friends. Our experience at Richardson's, unfortunately, began with a rough start. The hostess seemed to be hiding at her little station inside the restaurant. I went up to her to let her know we were here for our 8pm reservation (it was just before 8pm). She told us our table wasn't ready yet and then just stared at me rudely. I asked if we could get a drink at the bar to prompt her to some action resembling customer service, and then she basically shooed us away to a corner not at the bar to order drinks and again, rudely told us there was no cocktail menu when asked about it. Aside from the hostess, the rest of our service and experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great time but.....DonnaVIPDined on 5/9/2014We were seated in the "cave" booth in the back corner which had NO lighting and despite flashlights, candles and LED lights, it was very difficult to see the food or the company we were with. We had friends visiting from back east and had raved about Richardson's to them, but frankly, it was just too dark back there and hard to determine what you were eating. Several ordered the enchilada plate (3 different ones) but only one of them got what they actually wanted and when it was time to figure out what was missing, it was so darn dark it took a while to tell..I was a bit disappointed in the meal but will still come back. I just felt bad for our friends visiting. They weren't overly impressed.Special Features:
- The following 122 reviews are from the Richardson's Cuisine of New Mexico reviews archive.
- Sopapillas need helpBest4PhxVIPDined on 4/30/2014Great restaurant. Sopapillas too doughy. Need to be thin and hollow to be authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Southwest Brunch in townBeckyVIPDined on 4/27/2014If you're looking for a fun brunch place with a southwestern flair, this is the place. Breakfast burritos, quesadillas, and eggs with enchiladas are great pairings with generous brunch cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most items on the menu burstSteveDined on 4/1/2014Most items on the menu burst with flavor! The variety of the menu is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So yummy! There special itemsWowieVIPDined on 3/31/2014So yummy! There special items on the board are always so delicious!Special Features:
- Brunch disasterHungryinPhoenixVIPDined on 3/16/2014Made a reservation for brunch - arrived on time. We were told the computer had gone down and we were being moved next door. Ok. We got drinks and placed our order. And waited. And waited. And waited.... After one hour and ten minutes the manager starts a conversation with another group, apologizes for the wait, returns to them with chips and salsa, apologizes, and tries to walk by us. We had arrived before that table. We asked about our food and he said he would check. No apology. No chips. No answer after another 5 minutes. We left after sitting there 1:20 minutes with water. We won't be back.
- Very Good but Issue w/ReservationBeckyDined on 3/15/2014Richardson's is one of our favorite restaurants and the food was very good as usual. We did have an issue with the reservation - we were nervous about using online reservations for a table of 8 for a Saturday - they did not call to confirm. When we got at the restaurant they told us that they were having trouble with their computer system and would we have a problem sitting outside. That was not a problem, but they squeezed us in a table that could seat 6 people at best (they couldn't even get all of the plates on the table).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- richardson's is backdontlikefancyDined on 3/5/2014I have been to Richardson's several times since they reopened , and was generally less impressed than in the past. Service was less friendly,the sales were no longer included with the entrees, parking had become impossible without valet, seating on the patio was uncomfortable because of the warm temperature and the noise level was annoying. We gave it another chance last night. Our server was attentive. The salads were back. The food was fabulous. Yes, it was cool, but we just put on sweaters. The noise level was high, but we were lucky to have a table in the back. After looking for Richardson's alternatives, and getting disappointed, They are back and so am I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid AgainMikeDined on 2/27/2014Richardson's is one of the places I like to take people from out of town. It has classic southwestern type food and a uniquely Phoenix feel to it with its outdoor space. This time around, we had a party of 6, 2 from out of town and 2 from in town who had never been there. Everyone was impressed with the food, service and atmosphere and they were extremely flexible with our reservation, even though it was quite busy. Everyone got plenty to eat and drink and the final tab was very reasonable. Another great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been a RichardsonsMichaelDined on 2/15/2014I have been a Richardsons fan since 2003 at the old location. I totally love the ourdoor dining added at this location. Inside it is a bit too noisy but the food is so good you deal with it.Special Features:
- Never Fails to PleaseBubblesnRockyDined on 2/15/2014Went for a birthday occasion and had a great time. Food was excellent and the outdoor dining on patio was perfect. Will keep on coming back.Special Features:
- Consistently great foodvisitsmanycitiesDined on 2/14/2014We sat outside at low tables as reservations for 2 is unusual - at least on Valentines Day. The only ding I have to give is that the initial service was slow outside and that the outdoor seating is more suited for groups of four or more socializing. Having said that, the food was fantastic as always and the service caught up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice bar areaParisPerfectVIPDined on 2/13/2014We visited the original Richardson's many times and the new one shortly after they re opened at the new location. The food was not as good this visit, two years later, still good but more volume. Shame as the ingredients seem first class. Kitchen needs it's mojo back, front of house was running smoothly.
- Unique SW Cuisine!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/9/2014Richardson's is one of our favorite restaurants. The menu is unlike anything else in town and the food is always great! Unfortunately, Richardson's does not take reservations for parties less than 4 and the hostess/manager positions seem to change frequently, therefore it's hard to get to know the staff! There always seems to be confusion when we go in as a party of 2, so I think that management could do a better job making the hostesses understand that just because a table has a reservation at 7, it does not mean that you can't seat a party there at 5!Special Features:
- Really great food! They tookWowieVIPDined on 2/7/2014Really great food! They took us right on time at 7:45. The garlic plate appetizer was awesome!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town visitors loved itGPfromPhoenixDined on 1/18/2014Took some friends from NY and Seattle there annd they enjoyed the food and commented on the great service.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsScottDined on 1/17/2014We always enjoy Richardson's, and our waitress Diane was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 favorite restaurants!GoodeatsDined on 1/15/2014Love to turn on friends to the Richardson experience. It's a gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- Would recommendmmhughesVIPDined on 1/15/2014We went to Richardson's to celebrate a birthday. Food was good, service so so. It was our first time and our server was not very helpful in describing the menu. She rushed us for drinks, apps, dinner and dessert so it was not very relaxing. Lighting is very dim. I enjoyed it but my 74 yr old mother said it was too dark :) Also, even though we are not dessert people, we had a birthday to celebrate - there are only 2 options. Overall our experience was good, but it was not relaxing because of how fast we were served. Dinner took much longer to be served than anything else so we were rushed only to wait then rushed again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJohnAZDined on 1/11/2014We have been going here for years and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingFineDinerVIPDined on 1/6/2014Tried a burger for the first time...sorry I waited so long!Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forlasrjockDined on 1/3/2014This was just thetype of food we were looking for. The waiters recommendations were spot on.Special Features:
- Always TastyPaulaDined on 1/1/2014Richardson's never disappoints. The food is always tasty and if you order the right dishes, carry a little kick that warms the belly. I will likely return again soon to try some of their other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute New Year's celebration.AzDiningDivaDined on 12/31/2013I made last minute reservations at Richardson's for 4 of us for New Year's Eve.I was surprised to get it as this place is usually busy. Good food as usual. Service was pretty slow, but we enjoyed ourselves and I will be back as it is a great neighborhood place and a great place to take first-timers and out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.