Rice Contemporary Asian Cuisine
228 East Plaza Street
Eagle Idaho, ID 83616Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rice Contemporary Asian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.riceeagle.com/
- Phone: 208-939-2595x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rice Contemporary Asian Cuisine
Rice is a new Asian fusion restaurant in Eagle Idaho, Rice offers an intense variety of contemporary Asian cuisine. We strive to use only the freshest, authentic ingredients to bring the Far East flavors to you. Our dedicated Chef's are constantly trying to educate themselves on the newest, freshest, and most creative ways to entice your palate. We at Rice thank you all and hope to see you over and over again. MANY GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN DISHES AVAILABLE.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rice Contemporary Asian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Terrific Asian Fusion in an unexpected location. A real favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceFoodieMeisterDined on 8/15/2014The front desk told us they were not aware of our preference on OpenTable, and we noticed 2 tables reserved appeared the least desirable to sit...the entire staff was racing around like they could not keep up; very harried energy. I love very hot food and always request their hottest 5 stars. The food was good, but couldn't be even rated 1 star in my opinion... everyone moved around too fast for me to tell them I would have liked a change, so I ate my food because I was so hungry...I needed to put my empty glass on the edge of my table so that a passing rushed server could notice it...the check came in a flash and I felt as though they couldn't get us out of there fast enough. It will likely be a while before I think about visiting again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Love the atmosphere, but the acoustics being poor doesn't make for easy conversation. The waitresses couldn't seem to agree on who was waiting on our table. Got a little confusing now and again, but we didn't lack for service or our meal. Food was very good. Second time there - will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent food and the service was great. Very accomodating and fast! thank youSpecial Features:
- bearcubDined on 7/11/2014For not being busy, service was quite slow. Skateboarders were kind of a pain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Almost Wanted to Help...DMB0025Dined on 7/5/2014For a b-day dinner I decided to check this place out. I love Asian fusion food typically, and the food here was outstanding; even getting the food out to us was incredibly quick once our server was able to get to us. It was the 5th of July, the place was filling up quickly around 5:30p and there was 1 hostess, 3 servers and nobody else to be found. I guesstimate that there were about 20-30 tables and by the time we left at 7 they had been full for quite some time. Our server was a nice young man who for all intensive purposes, however the poor kid was spread throughout the entire restaurant. There was no organization, no front of the house management, and everyone was running around like poor chickens with their heads cut off.
- Great place!SteveVIPDined on 6/27/2014I really enjoy the atmosphere, and the food and service are great!Special Features:
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014An area gem! Menu is a fantastic blend of Pacific Rim, service is great and the taste is remarkable. We enjoy returning time and time again.Special Features:
- Dinner at RICE!!MattDined on 6/17/2014Our waitress was great! The fruit martinis were excellent and the dinner entrees were enjoyed by all 5 of us. A wonderful evening on a quiet Tuesday night.Special Features:
- susan in BoiseBlindedDined on 6/6/2014Love the food--love the amibence...can't think of 50 characters for a review...I would think any review that's good would be okay?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what is so greatnicnsami08Dined on 5/24/2014I wanted to try something different for dinner so we went to RICE thinking it was some trendy upscale place to eat. When we got there, we noticed it was at the end of a strip mall.. we were taken to a table right along side the sushi bar. The seat were actually parlor chairs that you sank into as you sat. The table was practically up to my chin. After about 10 minutes someone finally came and got our drink order, but that wasn't our server. When our server finally did come to the table, we asked to move to a booth.. much better. When the food came it was mediocre at best. Not really hot. Compared to a place like Ling and Louis.. this was bad and over priced for the taste and quality. I wouldn't eat here again.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Rice Contemporary Asian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Great Mother's Day lunchFreiFamDined on 5/11/2014We went on mother's day, and they accommodated our 10 person group plus a baby very well. Our server was super friendly and got all orders correct, they were busy, so it was a bit slow (but to be expected on the 2nd busiest restaurant day of the year). We were all impressed with the atmosphere, loved the fun light fixtures, and the outdoor patio looked amazing - hope to go back to try out the patio. Everyone loved the dishes, and we loved the variety and large selection to choose from. We will certainly go back!Special Features:
- Hidden GemJontaunDined on 4/17/2014We like to try a new restaurant each month. In April we selected RICE in Eagle, ID. The website map showed the location in a small non-descript strip mall. What we encountered inside was delightful. The menu was huge. So many choices that all sounded amazing. We ordered the RICE fried rice with prawns and the talapia salad. Both entrees were delicious with very generous portions. The service was fast and friendly. It was a Thursday night, but the place filled up pretty quickly. There was even live music. However, we were seated a couple of tables away from the music, and when the duo was playing it was too loud to carry on a conversation. Next time we will ask for a table near the back and enjoy this neighborhood gem again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out with friendsCAHHDined on 4/4/2014The spot that was reserved for four was on the edge of the path that the wait staff use and for the person sitting right in the path-not comfortable-constant shifting. It was very noisy with tables very close. Difficult to have a conversation with our friends. The food was pretty good but tables small to serve the 4 dishes family style. I would probably try again-perhaps not on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food not gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Our food was good, especially the green curry. My wife ordered the pineapple salmon which was also good. She is celiac so cannot have gluten. We know its always a risk even when something says gluten free. However she got some breading in her dish and didn't realize it until she had taken a bite, and then unfortunately had a strong reaction later. Our server was very nice and helpful but did forget to ask if we wanted drink refills. Overall it was decent, they just need some polishing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLuv2dineoutDined on 3/22/2014Had and amazing dinner at Rice for a busy Saturday night the good and service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and badMmmbeerDined on 3/7/2014GOOD:I've been to Rice on two other occasions. Both times I sat in the bar. I've ordered off their happy hour menu and had their sushi rolls. Their happy hour menu was great. Food tasted fresh and had great flavor. The rolls that I ordered on my last visit were very well done. This last time I sat in the restaurant to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant was very busy and we could barely hear each other speak at the table. The waitress was excellent and did a great job taking care of our needs. BAD: I ordered Pad Thai..pretty safe. The dish had no flavor and the noodles looked like angel hair pasta. Would not order that dish again. Stick to the extensive sushi roll menu; they seem to do that bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get some new Shades!!BlindedDined on 3/7/2014We were seated at a table for six; nice ambience, great deco...however, the sun was blinding from the window--shade was down, but it didn't do any good...I would not want to sit in that location (west) again...had to move my chair to the end of the table (uncomfortable) since they didn't seem to be able to do anything about the glare! I did ask! Otherwise I would go to Rice again, but not at that table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteBiancaGusDined on 2/22/2014We have eaten there several times and have enjoyed each time. Started with Bangkok Shrimp appetizer. The Combination Fried Rice and any other pick are excellent. Staff are very attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Valentines Day?ColinDined on 2/14/2014We were stuck in a corner next to the piano, even through other tables were open (we asked, the hostess said No). The waiter messed up our order and didn't attempt to make it right. The steak was undercooked and I found the limited menu offensive. We went for Chinese food and our only options were steak & lobster, talk about taking advantage of your customers. I was looking forward to trying the restaurant and was very disappointed with our experience.
- YummyFamilyDined on 2/11/2014Food is amazing! We look forward to trying several different dishes. The menu variety is sure to provide a favorite for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedLeahDined on 2/5/2014Excellent, healthy vegetarian food available. Great service and convenient location. I'll be visiting often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give Rice in Eagle a try!SallyDined on 12/31/2013Great place to send New Year's Eve! Drinks were amazing, service was prompt, and food was everything one would expect from contemporary asian cuisine. This was our first time at this restaurant and we will definitely return to try other items on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Waste Your MoneyBigPermDined on 11/30/2013We had a very good meal at Rice last month. We thought we would be a good restaurant to take our family over the Thanksgiving holiday. Embarrassing! It was the worst meal we have had out in a long time. The noodle dishes were greasy and sat like a glob on the plate. The shrimp were so crisp they were hard to chew. The dumplings were like hard biscuits. On top of that when we got the bill they charged us 25 cents for the ice in our drinks. To their credit they did take the 25 cents off the bill when my husband suggested how outrages it was.
- Not hard-core asianscdoeringDined on 11/15/2013Not the most authentic Asian food. The pad thai was WAY off (much too sweet and the noodles were thin and quite tough) and the bulgogi beef was not of the best quality. The fried green beans were not tempura, they tasted like they were pre-breaded out of a bag. The atmosphere was good though and the service was great. Overall it was a pleasant experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.