Rice Bistro and Sushi
5922 S. Holly St.
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rice Bistro and Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ricebistrodenver.com/
- Phone: 3032211430
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm : Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rice Bistro and Sushi
Rice Bistro and SushiContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Rice Bistro and Sushi - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Rice Bistro and Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (18)good for groups (13)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014The sushi chefs did a great job! They even were kind enough to send over a specialty roll on the house, that was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was the first time I had eaten at Rice Bistro for lunch, and I was pleased with the range of selections and the moderate prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robin BellersonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014I had the sushi and the chef recommended sashimi....holy moly, was it good!!! The fish was tasty and fresh and perfectly cut. I have never had snapper as sashimi, and I'm so glad to have been introduced to it. This place will definately become my neighborhood staple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rice Bistro--great Asian foodDarrelDined on 7/19/2014We eat at Rice Bistro often and we are always pleased. We enjoy nearly all the menu items, but the sushi is outstanding and great for take-out. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!!bhartDined on 7/14/2014I have always had a great meal at Rice Bistro and Sushi. The service is good and the wait staff very friendly! I have introduced Rice Bistro and Sushi to my friends who enjoy it also. Whenever I order the sushi it is very tasty and fresh, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014Went to lunch with a friend and was pleasantly surprised with how nice the decor was for a strip mall place. the food and service were great too, would definitely come back for lunch or even dinner! They had great lunch deals too - for sushi and/or asian dishes.Special Features:
- Not a bistroSuppotlocalDined on 5/31/2014Nothing special about their "specials". Same sauces used on three dishes ordered at our table, much like any neighborhood Chinese restraunt .
- Great Gluten Free Offerings!AuroraCeliacDined on 5/31/2014Outstanding attention to my Celiac Disease needs...both in the ingredients and preparation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always recommend this restaurantVegetarianDined on 5/28/2014I've never had a bad meal at Rice Bistro. The staff is friendly and helpful and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressive Chinese foodHeatherDined on 5/24/2014This might be my favorite Chinese restaurant in Denver. I love that they have paleo friendly options and gluten free! I had the salt and pepper calamari, which they made GF for me. A companion had basil chicken and another the volcano shrimp. I really liked all of them. (more of a 4.5 star)Special Features:
- A bit disappointingDarrelDined on 5/15/2014I'm not sure why, but our visit to Rice Bistro the other evening was not quite up to our expectations. We love this place and have eaten here many times, but this time the food didn't seem as delicious as usual. The pot stickers were mushy and the crunchy scallops and shrimp weren't as tasty as we have had in the past. The sauce for the scallops and shrimp was very sweet, and the may have been the issue for us. The mu shu pork was very good, as always. The service was very good, as always. I believe they have opened another restaurant and perhaps the emphasis is on it, causing the original to lose a bit of its edge. We will go back soon and give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 292 reviews are from the Rice Bistro and Sushi reviews archive.
- Mmm...foodieDined on 4/6/2014The staff was very nice and the food came out faster than i expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!!! AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I am a huge sushi lover and this place did not dissapoint. Will be back. Try their take on capreseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious sushibhartDined on 4/2/2014I found the sushi here to be very fresh, tasty and well presented. Had dinner with my bridge group, and they each enjoyed an Asian dish and I shared several sushi items with a friend. We will definitely be back. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. We were there on a night when there was a large party, so we had to wait a little longer than usual, but it was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rice is very gluten free friendlyfralphVIPDined on 2/15/2014Rice is very gluten free friendly and very accommodating to dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerMmmyumDined on 2/15/2014We had the best calamari!! We also had a delicious chef's special and the sushi was great at well. We will definitely have to come back to this restaurant - super good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place for Valentine's DayPeterandKathyDined on 2/14/2014We had a great small and private booth. Conducive to conversation. The service was really quite fast. The food was tasty and there was plenty of it. Lots to take home. I would definitely return. A great neighborhood find.Special Features:
- Good foodScottDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant does not have an overly fancy ambience but the service was great and there is a nice selection of sushi and Asian inspired meals. Our meals were great. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite sushi!HfoxDined on 2/6/2014This place is fantastic! It's rare to find a restaurant that can maintain a reasonable noise level, even when busy, and serve amazing good! My favorites are the Grand Canyon Roll and spicy edemame. Unique rolls, fresh fish, great service - highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!MickyVIPDined on 1/25/2014Have been to Rice Bistro many, many times. This time we had an Open Table reservation and were told we still had to wait 20 minutes. We decided, instead, to eat in the bar where there is full food service. The bartender was kind and attentive tho disappointed in the rate of our drinking. Tho the food was good, we won't be going back after the rudeness of the manager. It is a shame but I think Rice Bistro doesn't have the ability to handle the crowds they are getting.
- Good SushiZerocoolDined on 1/25/2014The Sushi is good and the wait staff are very efficient. Good people and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close place for a quick lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/22/2014It is about a mile from my work place and 5 miles from home. Been here 4 times and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice menu, we had sushireviewVIPDined on 1/18/2014Very nice menu, we had sushi but the entrees also looked good, will have to try that next time, good date night outSpecial Features:
- Fresh and flavorful AsianCheeseyDined on 1/18/2014Love the fresh vegetables in the dishes, brown rice option. Steam baskets great low sodium option. Can add sauce to taste.Special Features:
- Good AsianeMBeeDined on 1/17/20145 of us met for dinner and did enjoy the food. I have had better asian/sushi at a couple of places, but for a neighborhood place it was very good. Ambiance is very good, seemed clean... service kind of typical these days (a bit forgetful, only familiar enough with menu to say what they like, interrupting whenever in the area, without concern for the patrons conversation or paying much attention to who might really need what, if anything).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service a perfect 5 stardisappointedVIPDined on 1/3/2014A first visit with another couple and it could not have been better. The sushi was generous for sharing. The menu had so many great choices...it was difficult to narrow it down to one. We ordered several sushi items and each had an entree. We all felt we would return to try some of the other items. Our server, Nathan, made the dining experience perfect. He was on top of the entire evening...there when you needed him and anticipated what we might need even before we new it!! When we return, we will insist on being seated at one of his tables. We felt he made the experience a five star dining experience.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and friendly staffHeatherDined on 12/31/2013We dined for the first time on New Year's Eve. The food was excellent but a bit on the pricey side. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The sashimi was really delicious and the roll I ordered was nicely presented. The only complaint I have is that the booth we were seated in was really small and the seat itself was really uncomfortable. If I eat here again I will ask for a larger booth or sit at a table.Special Features:
- Rice BistroDarrelDined on 12/31/2013We have eaten at Rice Bistro often and also done sushi take-out. The food is always great, the portions are generous, and the service is consistently good. We have taken friends there and they are always impressed. I highly recommend Rice Bistro to anyone who loves sushi and/or oriental food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night mealdkgoerzDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I enjoyed eating off the happy hour menu. We also ordered off the regular sushi menu. It was worth the drive from Parker. It was new years eve and the atmosphere was appropriately happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love RiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013We've been going to Rice for years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rice Bistro, Surprising and GFDubCDined on 12/20/2013Went here on a whim for some sushi after checking it out online. Surprised at the non-sushi menu offerings, including such things as sesame chicken and pad thai. That gave us pause, but we ordered up some nigiri and maki anyway. And it was good! Staff was trained on food allergies and all GF items are clearly marked; they also have GF tamari, which was a nice surprise. I would be curious to order omakase next time we go, if it's available; their approach to sosaku-zushi is markedly unique (e.g., Caprese Roll, Big E Ranch Roll) and well considered. They seem willing to push the envelope more than most. This may not be the place for sushi 'purists', but they're definitely missing out by keeping the blinders on...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our night out. Our waiter was the best and recommended some awesome dishes. We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemSushiandSizzleDined on 11/7/2013Great food and service. Michael was a fantastic (and handsome) waiter. Look forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:
- You can't missCPTPDined on 10/28/2013This is a neighborhood favorite. You just can't go wrong. It is excellent. The soups, sushi, wine and appetizers are prepared carefully, and presented in an artful manner. The main courses serve at least two, as does the sushi. The service is impeccable, the atmosphere casual, and the servers respectful and thoughtful. I recommend with no reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Sushi down SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2013Great sushi! I usually don't get Nigiri and Sashimi, but loved it here. Great service, and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MyrlaDined on 10/16/2013I took my work team out for an eveing and we enjoyed the food and the entire experience! I have a global team so had several folks from Singapore and everyone enjoyed the sushi. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but service was slowRunner02Dined on 9/29/2013We enjoyed our meal at Rice Bistro and Sushi...we ordered a few sushi rolls and individual sushi selections, along with orange chicken. All of the food was tasty enough and fish was fresh, but it took almost an hour to get our meal served. Definitely more a place to go out with friends if you want to linger and chat, but not a place to get a quick bite to eat if you have other plans for the evening. Service was friendly...just not quick (and the restaurant was less than 25% full when we were there).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SushiAttitoddDined on 9/13/2013The fish at Rice was so fresh. Really great sushi. Not cheep, but well worth the extra buck or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was great! Very delicious.DiningmamaDined on 8/30/2013Sushi was great! Very delicious. We all loved it. Would definitely recommend and I hope to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RollsFoodCriticVIPDined on 8/28/2013In addition to the sushi - which is excellent - and the very clever rolls they make here, there is also good Chinese/wok type food. Capped off with attentive service and, for suburbia, a really nice room, it's a strong local restaurant. Plus about 1/2 the price of Sushi Den.Special Features: