Rice & Company - Luxor
3900 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Luxor Hotel and Casino
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rice & Company - Luxor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luxor.com/restaurants/rice_and_company.aspx
- Phone: (702) 262-4852
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Danny Chen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rice & Company - Luxor
Rice and Company features fresh, tasty and healthy Asian Cuisines with the motto EAT RICE, DRINK TEA, SLURP NOODLES, STAY HEALTHY, this new venue will offer some of the finest modern Japanese and Chinese cuisine in Las Vegas. Located near the entrance of Mandalay Place, this enticing new casual dining alternative will offer an intriguing menu of tropically influenced variations of sushi and sashimi as well as hibachi, teriyaki and Chinese food classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Rice & Company - Luxor - Best Restaurants in Luxor Hotel and Casino ›
Rice & Company - Luxor reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (22)romantic (20)good for groups (19)hot spot (13)late-night find (6)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Decent meal, wonderful staffMomof3Dined on 3/5/2014The atmosphere was very modern, trendy, with great attention to detail. Our wait staff was wonderful and very professional. The only reason why I would not rate this restaurant higher is due to the food quality. While presentation was impeccable, the specialty rolls tasted fishy and bland, the miso soup was average, and the sushi was nothing to drool over. You know that feeling you get when you just crave a good sushi meal? This was average at best.
- Great Sushi/service for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014When we got to the resturant we were seated right away and the hostess was very polite. When the waitress came out to take our drink orders she offered suggestions on good drinks from the bar. She was not overly friendly and did not smile when she came to the table but was polite. We ordered an appetizer (ahi tuna) that was amazing. The fish tasted fresh and the flavors were spot on. We ordered a few rolls of sushi that were also great. The only major issue that I had were the drinks. I ordered the house speciality and the vodka in the drink had a very gross after taste. Almost to the point where the drink tasted like cough syrup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sushi!!!ksteffDined on 2/22/2014We went to Rice & Company while visiting Las Vegas for a bachelorette party. There were 6 of us at our table and we all ordered a couple rolls (tried to get some variety). Our only complaint about the evening was the amount of time it took to get our food. Everything was delicious when we received it, our waiter was excellent in making recommendations and making sure we had what we needed. But our reservation was at 5pm and we had a 7pm show to attend (literally next door at least), but we seemed really rushed once our food arrived to be able to make it to our show on time. The atmosphere was beautiful and quiet, and service was excellent, the food was amazing! Just needed more time.Special Features:
- Sit near the Sushi BarSteveninpdxVIPDined on 2/19/2014I've stayed at the Luxor a dozen times, (and will again) I'm pleased to have the new Rice & Company as an option during my stay. I suggest sharing a deluxe platter between two, add a couple of your favorites. The UNI was very fresh... a great addition. My disappointment was where we sat. The open area with a view of the tacky gift shop, it felt like I was sitting at a Denny's. The comfort of the chair so bad we tried a couple from another table, not alone the group of ten near us did the same thing. These chairs have to go. Try to get a table near the Sushi bar you will have an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Rice and GreatRaineythefoodieDined on 2/19/2014Good food, great presentation and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceshtrdglassheartDined on 2/11/2014After arriving my boyfriend and i were on a very tight schedule. The waiter assured us we would be out in plenty of time. In fact we ended up having 45 minutes of wiggle room. They have a great selection of sake and wines if you drink alcohol. I personally went for their bottled green pomegranate tea. It was sweet enough from the fruit flavor. I also ate the general tsos chicken. It was different than traditional and had more of a BBQ feel to it but I really liked it. I would love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I was looking for...SouthLoopSavvyDined on 2/1/2014I had the most basic dishes on the menu - egg drop soup and chicken lo mien. My partner had a salmon roll and some sort of beef dish. Everything tasted great, and our server was extremely friendly and accommodating. Two thumbs up :)Special Features:
- Sushi and a Prize!FoodCritic11VIPDined on 1/23/2014This was my second visit to Rice & Company. I only went for the sushi, but I have tried other dishes in the past, like their excellent Crispy Whole Fish. This time, however, I ordered a rather challenging roll - the Fire Breathing Dragon Roll. Inside this roll there is shrimp tempura, tobiko, spicy mayonnaise, and fresh chopped Habanero peppers. As if this combination wasn't eye-watering enough, it's served with a Ghost Chili dipping sauce. Ghost Chilis are 400 times hotter than a Jalapeño! While it definitely blows the top right off of your head, the roll still packs a lot of flavorl. So if you're a chili head that loves good food, I definitely recommend it. Oh, and I won a set of chopsticks for finishing the roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good chinese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Overall good chinese food , service and ambience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Waste your MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2014I was here during CES, the only reason we came here was because it look nice from the outside, but that was about the only good feature. The food is outrageously overpriced, it took forever to get served and to top it off the food was cold. The service was just as bad, having one waiter for five tables is just not right. Save your money go elsewhere.Special Features:
- delicious sushihungryhungryhippoDined on 1/4/2014Sushi was delicious, portions could have been bigger. Shrimp fried rice was really good. We had the candy cane and east meets west rollsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AndreaDined on 12/30/2013This was a great restaurant - the decor and ambience were great. The prices were a little high, but it made for a great special occasion meal for my boyfriend and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitertortsDined on 12/27/2013Food very good.....waiter either new or couldn't, care........
- Expected BetterFoodieDined on 12/26/2013Seating was nice and spaced out. Server was polite and friendly. All the food came out at once. Sushi was good but expected it to be better. The house salad dressing was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent, Service AverageLiv2EatVIPDined on 12/26/2013My initial impression was somewhat negative as I had to wait 25 minutes past my reservation time to be seated. I waited for 3 people without reservations to be seated first with the restaurant was 90 % empty. After I pushed to be seated the manager seated us. We also waited 8 minutes for our first contact with the waitress after being seated. Yes I timed it because I was miffed. Food was excellent and the servings were quite generous. Service was average meaning you had to ask for drink refills and to have the pile of empty plates removed. Orders received were not correct either. Overall I would say I hope it was an off day. If not for my first impressions I would have had a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okayDifwizDined on 12/5/2013I got the crab salad and there was A LOT more mayo in it than I was expecting. I think I was expecting to see some more veggies than there were and maybe some more lettuce - more than the few token leaves - presumably just for decoration?
- Poor food, poor serviceRufflerDined on 11/22/2013I was very I dissatisfied with my dining experience. Not only did our server show minimal interest in serving our table but our food tasted like it was purchased at the frozen food section from a grocery store and reheated for our meal. On top of that, we paid $300 and left unhappy...
- Love this restaurant! UnfortunatelyRAASUNVIPDined on 11/10/2013Love this restaurant! Unfortunately this visit was unpleasant :( took an hour to get our food, when we received it, it was warm not hot.. Our server was very apologetic, but that's about it. Miguel the busser was great, very attentive more then server her self. We never found out Whs it took si long and Whs we wasted 2:20 min in a restaurant in Vegas :(Special Features:
- GreatsterlingacresDined on 11/8/2013Everything was great, food service, portions will returnSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013The good was delicious, from the sushi to the entrees to the wine. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!EricfromCharlotteDined on 10/26/2013Jason was our sushi chef and really went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience. The fish was superb and the wine selection was great. Stop in before you see a show or after a little gambling for a great sushi time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-slow serviceaemommyDined on 10/23/2013Food was very tasty and our server was nice but he didn't check in with any frequency and we waited quite a bit for our final bill. I don't like to feel like I've had to wait and could t even find him out serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rice at MGM experienceHappydinerDined on 10/22/2013We ate at the Rice & Company because of it's location. We had show tickets at Luxor to see Chris Angel and it was close by. Food was good, service slow and average ambience. The restaurant décor looked old and need of a face-lift, but it served it's purpose that we could eat and get to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi, Great AtmosphereshelbylynndeeDined on 10/20/2013Recently stopped by Rice for dinner with my mom while we were in Vegas, and had a great experience. Fast, polite, friendly service, and lots of great food! The cocktails looked super good, but I went with a beer instead--other folks around us seemed to really enjoy theirs, though. Definitely will visit again when I go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemVictorfox36VIPDined on 10/15/2013This was our third visit to Rice in the past year. Reservations are recommendeed as the restraurant has become very popular. Service was very prompt and "Peter" constantly checked to make sure everything was perfect. Extensive menu gives one lots of choices plus a great sushi bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicePhilVIPDined on 10/14/2013I had to stay around Mandalay Bay for new hours so my options for a great sushi place were limited. I browsed some reviews before booking and I was expecting great food but terrible service. Surprise!! I guess those guys considered the reviews since we had great food with an excellent service. We sat at the sushi bar and took the change to chat with the sushi man. We ordered a half duck and a selection of 4 speciality rolls. It was really good. We even got a octopus lemon salad on the house to digest. I'm not a big fan of restaurants that are open on the casino since it gives the impression of having dinner at a food court but for that place, if you sit near the sushi bar, you'll not see the hotel at all and will have a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerNoemeeDined on 10/12/2013My friends and I had my 30th birthday dinner here and had only had 1 hour to eat before our show would start. Great service, received our food fast and made it to our show on time. The food we ordered were delicious! Would definitely eat here again and will recommend to others. =)Special Features:
- Food was delicious, server was badKennyBoscoDined on 10/12/2013Me and 3 other guests had dinner on a Saturday night. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. Our server had excellent recommendations for sushi, which we ordered, along with some appetizers, and even some Chinese food menu items. When the sushi arrived we realized that we got 2 of the same roll and was missing one roll. The server grabbed the dish and took it back to have it removed and replaced with the correct one. One of my friends had order some noodles, reminded the server and it still never arrived. We canceled that order. The food that we did get was great!Special Features:
- Food was attractive but blandRJreviewDined on 10/12/2013The restaurant atmosphere was nice. The service was good. The miso soup was good. The orange peel chicken had an attractive presentation, but it was marked as spicy and wasn't spicy at all...not even the faintest hint of anything spicy in the actual dish as if the chef had completely forgotten to add any seasoning. It did have a faint orange flavor from the orange peel that was nice, but that was the only detectable flavor or seasoning. My guest had one of the sushi dishes that was also supposed to be spicy, but for which the spiciness was also undetectable. I thought that the atmosphere and decor were nice. The service was also good. I would probably be willing to try the restaurant one more time hoping for something more flavorful.
- Our waiter Eric was over thehansDined on 10/10/2013Our waiter Eric was over the top for service and knowledge of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Mediocre servicePmishlerVIPDined on 9/29/2013We went here after seeing it on Heat Seekers on the Food network as I love eating very hot food. Ordered the Flaming Dragon roll which is not on the menu and it was okay. It definitely was not as hot as it is hyped to be. The rest of the food was fairly good and we took the opportunity to get something far from the norm since it is Vegas and they have so much available. The downside was our service was REALLY lacking. Anytime we wanted anything we had to flag down people to find our server which was strange since it was not that busy at all. It's a decent meal in Vegas, but I wouldn't go back honestly due to the service.
- Loud, SlowcolorpinkDined on 9/28/2013The food itself was tasty, and the menu very appealing. Having said that, the food was not really outstanding and the ambiance of the restaurant was extremely loud - the music from next door permeated with a deep bass undertone that never let up. It took forever to order and forever to get the food. There was a stressed out waitstaff having too many tables to serve at one time.
- Very good oriental foodmoesie51Dined on 9/24/2013From appetizer (wings) to entrees, Chicken with garlic , General Tso's , very pleasing to our palates.! Definitely , when in town again will dine there. :)Special Features:
- Excellent timing of startersSmickieDined on 9/19/2013Excellent timing of starters & entrees, food hot when required, waiter, ( Eric ), provided exceptional service as did the entire staff from the greeter, drink providers, etc., for our group of 6 diners. Nice ambience, great quality sushi & entrees. Excellent overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but needs improvementSarokuDined on 9/17/2013We were promptly greeted and seated. The service was excellent. That was the best part of this dining experience. I had a deluxe sushi platter which is a Chef's choice at $40. My dinner date had Sweet'n'Sour pork. All of the Sushi was made Nagiri style with the normal types of fish you see on any menu, one peace of octopus, and a dragon roll (eel). All of the sushi tasted as it should, but wasn't exceptional. The dragon roll seemed to have been made by someone with experience, but not by an expert considering it feel apart when you would pick up a piece. The Sweet'n'Sour pork was delicious and as high of a quality in cooking and taste as any good Chinese restaurant. However, the meat was fatty and some had gristle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++PerfectionDined on 9/14/2013We had an outstanding time. Everything was perfection. The food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveurichbjDined on 9/7/2013As expected on the strip the food is expensive for the portions, although the quality is good. We enjoyed the fuuking gud roll. We were able to get a Mlife reward through MyVegas with a $50 dining credit if you spend $100. That special worked out well for us as we were able to get drinks, 3 entrees and dessert. I would recommend the deep fried bananas with nutella for dessert. It comes with coconut ice cream with interesting crisp nuggets on top. Overall the service is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiRichardVIPDined on 9/6/2013Great food and service Nice place at the Luxor for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sushi and fish dishes!!BritishWillDined on 9/5/2013The sushi was amazing! I guess that's what these guys specialise in, however, they didn't let u down :)Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, goodLoveSushiDined on 8/13/2013Beautiful restaurant, good service. Other items on the menu were good but the sushi was bland and unmemorable.Special Features: