Rice & Company - Luxor
3900 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Luxor Hotel and Casino
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rice & Company - Luxor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luxor.com/restaurants/rice_and_company.aspx
- Phone: 7022624852
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rice & Company - Luxor
Rice and Company features fresh, tasty and healthy Asian Cuisines with the motto EAT RICE, DRINK TEA, SLURP NOODLES, STAY HEALTHY, this new venue will offer some of the finest modern Japanese and Chinese cuisine in Las Vegas. Located near the entrance of Mandalay Place, this enticing new casual dining alternative will offer an intriguing menu of tropically influenced variations of sushi and sashimi as well as hibachi, teriyaki and Chinese food classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rice & Company - Luxor reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (24)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A DisappointmentSfdineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was slow. Food took forever to arrive. When food arrived, it was of very poor quality. Ambiance left a lot to be desired. Would never go back.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We chose this restaurant because we wanted Sushi and were seeing a show in the hotel. Service was bad. We placed a glass over the table candle to melt the ice to get more water, because the waiter wasn't going to refill it. In fact, no fewer than 5 waiters walked by our table without caring. Asking for the check took 10 minutes. However, the food was good. No complaints about that. Overall, the place works if you are in the hotel and don't need to rush. It's not a destination.
- Overpriced sushi and entreesOscar1117Dined on 8/29/2014For what you get I think it is grossly overpriced.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencetheMacdsDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the appetizers & sushi. We did family style with the rest of the dishes to share with everyone. They were very accomodating. While the food was great, the prices were a bit over priced. It was conveniently located for the show to see Jabbawockeez and we celebrated two special birthdays. All of the staff from the Host, waiter, and servers were all very attentive to our table.Special Features:
- Rice & Co.MissGDined on 8/18/2014Open high energy restaurant. We had a sushi roll to start then shared the Saczhuan Shrimp and Singapore noodles. All was delicious albeit the Singapore noodles needed more spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner very good and dishes tastingMagdaDined on 8/13/2014Service accurate, location sofisticated. Food various and good, we had a table too near the kitchen but we were on late and there were'nt question and we did'nt say nothingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!gks36Dined on 8/2/2014We saw mixed reviews about Rice. But the positive out weighed the negative. Sat at the Sushi bar...greeted right a way. Enjoyed yummy sushi..laughed and even sang. Perfect start to our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Pre Showteachermom1954VIPDined on 8/2/2014We were going to see one of the shows at the Luxor and decided to do Rice and Company. Food was very good and the service was also good. We shared two dishes plus rice and it was just perfect!!Special Features:
- WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!LisaRalphDined on 8/1/2014Service was awesome, servers and staff very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Pot stickers superb and the house salad and Mongolian Beef had just the right amount of heat. We loved it so much we spent our last night having dinner there AGAIN! Very romantic, especially in the back of the restaurant. A must try when visiting the strip!Special Features:
- Great food and decent price!FoodNFriendsDined on 8/1/2014We had a fun evening with friends in the beautiful Luxor hotel. The sushi was phenomenal and cocktails were very tasty. Great find on the strip for a decent price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb sushiEmilyDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner at Rice and Company after the Criss Angel show. The service was excellent. The food delicious. Very fresh and tasty sushi and a nice selection of speciality roles. Good variety of Chinese dishes, best chicken fried rice I've ever had! Good drinks selection (multiple sakis and a full bar). Atmosphere is stylish in red and browns, nicely lit. Definitely my go-to place for sushi in Las Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service a little lackingfoodyfromokDined on 7/21/2014Food was good. Had to ask for drink refills. Had to ask for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We ate well but the prices are a little high for the quality we had. I would recommand it anyway because the ambiance was good and service was courteous.Special Features:
- Overpriced and SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Had a coupon from MLife for $50 off at Rice and Company so decided to give a try. The restaurant is upstairs at Luxor and is pretty bland looking. The food was basic Asian cuisine that tasted good but had small portions and pretty basic presentation. Even for Las Vegas, the meal seemed extremely overpriced. The waiter was friendly and helpful however the food took over an hour to come out despite the restaurant being half empty. We were tempted to leave while waiting for the meal to come out.
- Friendly Servicecasal94Dined on 7/8/2014Staff was friendly. Food was very good. Located in the Luxor Hotel. It was a great pre show dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent Asian restaurant.moorishreviewDined on 7/8/2014My husband is a sushi snob. According to him their sushi was a 7/10. I ordered their noodles and they were really delicious. It's a pretty good option while in Luxor.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014My husband and I ate here before seeing a show at the Luxor. One of the best meals we have ever had. Ate the leftovers for dinner the following night.Special Features:
- Cantonese DelightGoodeats1234Dined on 7/2/2014The only thing missing from a true chinese experience was a lazy table. Great sushi, the Singapore noodles were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ChuckVIPDined on 7/2/2014Whether you are in the mood for Sushi or traditional asian cuisine, you'll love this place. Three vegetable egg rolls come in an order cut in half so it is perfect to wet the appetites for up to six persons. The Edamame could have used a bit more coarse flake salt to really bring out the flavor but again, the portions was more than enough for four. The egg drop soup will be the best you have eaten with a few added peas, carrots, mushrooms and scallions. The Shrimp Tempura roll was perfectly done. Crispy and flavorful. My guests raved about their other entree's. You'll love this place.Special Features:
- Great foodGinaDined on 6/23/2014The food was great! The service the best our waiter was so friendly and helpful with choosing great dishes. Would love to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationJillDined on 6/14/2014We reserved ahead of time for a party of 6. They put us in a circular room with a curtain and a round table. The ambiance was perfect but the food was even better. It was my daughters 21st birthday and she loves sushi. She said it was the best sushi she has ever had. Besides good food and good atmosphere, the service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and knew the menu and drinks well. Best service I have ever experienced.Special Features:
- coupon worthyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014We tried the restaurant as it was an incentive with our room. The ambience was warm and inviting and the server was friendly and prompt. The restaurant also offered a gluten free menu...big plus! The food was hot and freshly prepared but lacked seasoning. While it wasn't a bad meal it was not a good one eitherSpecial Features:
- Great Service . . . Solid SushikateruschellDined on 6/8/2014My friends were looking for a good, reasonably-priced sushi restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip, and this restaurant was a perfect find for us. The Sexy Lady sushi roll was a huge hit with the group. We posed many questions to the waiter regarding the sushi/sashimi and drink options, and he was very knowledgable. Additionally, he was very considerate regarding our time constraint and delivered very prompt service. I would definitely recommend Rice & company to friends.Special Features:
- Just so-soPantera12Dined on 6/7/2014This is the second time we have eaten at Rice & Co. I enjoyed the first time more. I had the Genersl Tso Chicken which I found bland. The service was much better the first time. Food was timely but the server did not check in with us through the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay experiencefamilydinnerDined on 6/7/2014Nice restaurant with food that was good but way overpriced. Food took forever to come despite the restaurant being rather empty at the time we ordered.
- Always good and consistentBlondieDined on 5/25/2014Hidden gem. If you love good Asian food this is a must. The sweet and sour pork is amazing chicken fried Rice is something you cannot stop eating the roast pork soup is delicious. Chicken teriyaki is amazing. Please go! We always sit with jimmy. Thumbs up x100Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!WickedLocalsDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I are both locals and were blown away with the restaurant. We love sushi and chinese food and have found a new favorite in Rice & Company. We'll be coming back, for damn sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Tsmalls24Dined on 5/23/2014We went with a large group this past weekend. The servers were great! We ordered appetizer and several different sushi rolls. The food was excellent!! I would definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sushimirannyDined on 5/17/2014i decided to eat here for my sisters birthday with our family and i do not regret it at all. the atmosphere and ambience was great, the food was on point & the service was incredible! i will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a+++eirejohnDined on 5/16/2014Love this place great food and great drinks. Have eaten here many times and it always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHoneybeeDined on 5/15/2014We had an amazing time, great drinks, dinner and dessert. My husband has never had sushi and this experience was so enjoyable for him he will again, THANK you for such and enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Rice & Company - Luxor reviews archive.
- Good Sushi and Great ServiceSushiHoundDined on 4/26/2014Our family had both hot meals and sushi and both were good. The service was outstanding (thanks, Darren & Miguel!) Darren was very helpful in recommending the right portions (as eyes tend to be bigger than stomachs.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch/ Dinner Spotluv2eatDined on 4/26/2014I dined at Rice and Company April 25th 2014. The food was great. Fantasy sushi roll was very tasty. Pad Thai was to die for. Zithers I dined with also enjoyed their choices. I will return on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014The service at this restaurant is amazing. I ordered 2 sushi rolls and a side of brown rice, all which were very good, but not quite 5-star. The service however, is 10-star.Special Features:
- dont miss outstanne17Dined on 4/21/2014wrote review for both days on one review here is brief there was very little we didnt try over our to times here what sticks out seared ahi salad specalty rolls we tried almost all of the wife had UNI was very fresh it should have the texture of a souffle not runny not tough nutty with a little brine flavor she said it was the best she had ever had they have all the basics but go for there specailtys you can have a roll and a drink and be full or at least comfortable or can do what we did had calamari app ahi salad 3-4 rolls to Chinese dishes and then desert a deep fried banana with nuttela and ice cream just sweet enough we ate here twice in three days now we splurged ate most of the menu between the 2 visit he scollop and bean sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiBHenryDined on 4/21/2014They have really good sushi with the Fre Kin Good being my favorite so far.Special Features:
- over greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014This is our third time at this restaurant and I wanted to take a group since we love the restaurant so much. Our server was on top of things when we are arriving. the person bring out food was not as courteous, she would say what she was bringing out but not set it in the right place, she was kinda rude to be honest. Some of the party food orders was messed up but our overall experience was great and I will return for the Chop chop Bang bang!Special Features:
- More than SushimomthatlikesgoodfoodDined on 4/12/2014Our group of 7 ages 7-67 went on a Saturday night for some Sushi mainly. The sushi was excellent. In addition, we ordered a fried pork dish that was great along with some usuals that were good as well: salmon teriyaki, General Tso's chicken, etc. Service was very quick which helped a lot with kids in the group.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate at many of the placesKathyDined on 4/12/2014We ate at many of the places at the Luxor last week, and the food was lackluster at best. On our last night there, we decided we wanted Sushi so we went to Rice & Company. We had the edimami and I had one of the specialty rolls. It was downright awesome. The price was a little high, but well worth it because I was ready for a good meal. The ambiance is very nice it sits on the second floor almost in the middle of the pyramid. The service was outstanding. The only negative I had was that, even though it felt like a restaurant, it still sits in the middle of a casino and there is cigarette smoke all over that casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Asian cuisine.BJdaDJDined on 4/12/2014The sushi and egg drop soup was outstanding, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her kung pow chicken. Definitely going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.