Rice & Company - Luxor
3900 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Luxor Hotel and Casino
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rice & Company - Luxor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luxor.com/restaurants/rice_and_company.aspx
- Phone: 7022624852
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Danny Chen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rice & Company - Luxor
Rice and Company features fresh, tasty and healthy Asian Cuisines with the motto EAT RICE, DRINK TEA, SLURP NOODLES, STAY HEALTHY, this new venue will offer some of the finest modern Japanese and Chinese cuisine in Las Vegas. Located near the entrance of Mandalay Place, this enticing new casual dining alternative will offer an intriguing menu of tropically influenced variations of sushi and sashimi as well as hibachi, teriyaki and Chinese food classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rice & Company - Luxor reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)special occasion (24)romantic (21)good for groups (20)hot spot (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best PlaceLovintobhappyDined on 10/12/2014Our group of four enjoyed our dining, as it exceeded our expectations. The food was amazing the service was good and the atmosphere wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time there was AwesomeBlingDined on 10/10/2014Everybody was very pleasant very everything was awesome. Great desserts would recommend to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cutting edge AsianeatingoutVIPDined on 10/9/2014Delicious Asian food of top quality with lovely presentation appeal. The beef in the beef. & broccoli dish I had was the most tender beef I have ever eaten! I highly recommend Rice to any and all who travel to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialMangoKissDined on 10/8/2014For the prices they are charging, I would have thought they would do something interesting or special. I've had better chinese from your basic Chinese restaurant on the corner. Didn't try the Japanese food so no comment about that but the Chinese food was only Fair at best. The tea was lovely. The fried bananas desert was tasty but again nothing special. Not worth the money.
- Fav meal in last 2 Vegas visitsbusinesstravelerDined on 10/8/20142nd floor of the Luxor (above the concourse/main casino). Last year stayed at Mandalay, where every restaurant had huge line-ups, was crazy noisy, pretentious or both. Rice & Company was quiet even when it filled up a bit, likely because it's away from the conference area at Mandalay, which becomes a zoo after the trade shows close. We had sushi and non-sushi people at the table, and everyone was more than happy with their meals. Service can't be faulted - excellent team of wait staff. Net - good food, lovely atmosphere, and price is reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningstarthurfiletDined on 9/26/2014Our second time eating here and it was as expected ! Excellent Asian food, best we ever have eaten. We recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best find in Las Vegas!BklyniteDined on 9/26/2014Rice and Company had something for everyone. The food was incredibly fresh, best calamari and pad Thai I've ever had. Miso soup was delicious as were the rolls. General manager James, came to the table to say hello and was very personable and accommodating. Wish I had this restaurant back home in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMissyDined on 9/25/2014The food and ambience were great! We had soup, sushi, and a shrimp dish. All were tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Portions - Share Entrees!JoannieDined on 9/25/2014Great Server with Attentive Service! Wonderful Ginger Dressing, Large Portions make this a Perfect Opportunity to Share Entrees so you can try many items. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014There is nothing truly redeeming about this restaurant. The food is not great and the ambiance leaves much to be desired. We had Sushi and it was pretty disappointing. I grew up in Ohio. There are places in Cleveland - of all places - that have much better Sushi. The ingredients were not fresh and the Sushi failed to live up to what I expected given the price-point. In addition, the service was not great. The food took forever to come out. Eat somewhere else.
- Great service!Sushi4daysDined on 9/16/2014The food was pretty good quality, especially after our coupon. But what really stood out was the service. Our waiter anticipated our needs and went above and beyond. He's a total keeper. The rest of the staff was also very aimable, such as the gentleman who filled our water glasses and the sushi chef who tried to photobomb us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the SushiPaulDined on 9/15/2014Love the Sushi here. Fresh, Great tasting high quality food. Very attentive service. Relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not memorable!BobODined on 9/15/2014Everything was just OK, except the Tempura was not good at all, way too greasy. Rainbow roll and Spicy tuna very good. Kung Pao chicken and beef chow fun on a scale with Panda Express. And as for service you might as well be at Panda Express. Since I had a $50 comp from MyVegas I would try again, but otherwise forget it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuxorLawrysVIPDined on 9/14/2014From Denise on the desk to Erik and Daniel in the dining room, everyone here knows what they are doing. Surprisingly good food for a Las Vegas hotel, especially since we are not big on Asian food. We always dine here at least once when in town and always enjoy it.Special Features:
- didn't get my pointskikiVIPDined on 9/11/2014They are short staffed, went there because the food is good but waited over an hour the first time for food and more than 15 minutese for drink, second time only two of us went, made a booking with open table, confirmed with receptionist but they did not give me the credit.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Not worth the trip food was poorly done. Overpriced even for Vegas.
- love the foodFoodie4LifeDined on 9/5/2014I arrived early and was met at the front by two hostesses who helped pass a few minutes until my table was ready. at the table, the room was practically empty with several empty tables. I waited several more minutes for my server to present menu and take drink order. The room was too dark and I had to walk to a light fixture in order to read. I noticed 2 other tables also having difficulty reading but they used their phone lights to read the menu. The first drink came quickly and I placed my order. When my food arrived I ordered a second drink that did not make it to my table until the end of the meal. I would have asked, but I never saw a server. I had seared ahi, miso soup, and chinese chicken salad which were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014The ambiance, noise level, and comfort were exceptionally great. Service was average. My main complaint was the quality of the food. The dumplings were no better than average and the Mongolian beef was very poor quality of meat. I shuffled around the beef to find a descent piece but couldn't. I ate about half of the meal. Drinks were average. I had the Manhattan which was pricey and nothing special. I wouldn't go back to the restaurant.
- Nice dinnerRichardVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great dinner perfect service sushi rolls are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentSfdineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was slow. Food took forever to arrive. When food arrived, it was of very poor quality. Ambiance left a lot to be desired. Would never go back.
- mehgte217eVIPDined on 8/30/2014We chose this restaurant because we wanted Sushi and were seeing a show in the hotel. Service was bad. We placed a glass over the table candle to melt the ice to get more water, because the waiter wasn't going to refill it. In fact, no fewer than 5 waiters walked by our table without caring. Asking for the check took 10 minutes. However, the food was good. No complaints about that. Overall, the place works if you are in the hotel and don't need to rush. It's not a destination.
- Great food, nice atmosphearfreakentDined on 8/30/2014Booked this restaurant early in the evening before Criss Angel show at the Luxor. Food was really great and the restaurant was a really nice place to be. Service was a little slow to get started until I pointed out to the waiter we had a show to go to at 7pm then everything was fine. I would have given the service 5 stars had it not have been for the young hostess' on front desk. They wound me up by leaving us hanging around outside the restaurant for nearly 10 minutes before seating us. The restaurant was not even half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced sushi and entreesOscar1117Dined on 8/29/2014For what you get I think it is grossly overpriced.Special Features:
- Good Food - Slow Servicerose4059Dined on 8/24/2014I always make it a MUST to eat at Rice & Co when coming to Vegas. The food and decor never fail to make the night a special occasion. This time was no different except even though the restaurant was not crowded or busy at all it took a very long time to get our dinner served. And that was the only downside to my experience this time. Food was very good and a lot of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencetheMacdsDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the appetizers & sushi. We did family style with the rest of the dishes to share with everyone. They were very accomodating. While the food was great, the prices were a bit over priced. It was conveniently located for the show to see Jabbawockeez and we celebrated two special birthdays. All of the staff from the Host, waiter, and servers were all very attentive to our table.Special Features:
- Rice & Co.MissGDined on 8/18/2014Open high energy restaurant. We had a sushi roll to start then shared the Saczhuan Shrimp and Singapore noodles. All was delicious albeit the Singapore noodles needed more spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner very good and dishes tastingMagdaDined on 8/13/2014Service accurate, location sofisticated. Food various and good, we had a table too near the kitchen but we were on late and there were'nt question and we did'nt say nothingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!gks36Dined on 8/2/2014We saw mixed reviews about Rice. But the positive out weighed the negative. Sat at the Sushi bar...greeted right a way. Enjoyed yummy sushi..laughed and even sang. Perfect start to our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Pre Showteachermom1954VIPDined on 8/2/2014We were going to see one of the shows at the Luxor and decided to do Rice and Company. Food was very good and the service was also good. We shared two dishes plus rice and it was just perfect!!Special Features:
- WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!LisaRalphDined on 8/1/2014Service was awesome, servers and staff very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Pot stickers superb and the house salad and Mongolian Beef had just the right amount of heat. We loved it so much we spent our last night having dinner there AGAIN! Very romantic, especially in the back of the restaurant. A must try when visiting the strip!Special Features:
- Great food and decent price!FoodNFriendsDined on 8/1/2014We had a fun evening with friends in the beautiful Luxor hotel. The sushi was phenomenal and cocktails were very tasty. Great find on the strip for a decent price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb sushiEmilyDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner at Rice and Company after the Criss Angel show. The service was excellent. The food delicious. Very fresh and tasty sushi and a nice selection of speciality roles. Good variety of Chinese dishes, best chicken fried rice I've ever had! Good drinks selection (multiple sakis and a full bar). Atmosphere is stylish in red and browns, nicely lit. Definitely my go-to place for sushi in Las Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service a little lackingfoodyfromokDined on 7/21/2014Food was good. Had to ask for drink refills. Had to ask for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We ate well but the prices are a little high for the quality we had. I would recommand it anyway because the ambiance was good and service was courteous.Special Features:
- Overpriced and SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Had a coupon from MLife for $50 off at Rice and Company so decided to give a try. The restaurant is upstairs at Luxor and is pretty bland looking. The food was basic Asian cuisine that tasted good but had small portions and pretty basic presentation. Even for Las Vegas, the meal seemed extremely overpriced. The waiter was friendly and helpful however the food took over an hour to come out despite the restaurant being half empty. We were tempted to leave while waiting for the meal to come out.
- Friendly Servicecasal94Dined on 7/8/2014Staff was friendly. Food was very good. Located in the Luxor Hotel. It was a great pre show dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent Asian restaurant.moorishreviewDined on 7/8/2014My husband is a sushi snob. According to him their sushi was a 7/10. I ordered their noodles and they were really delicious. It's a pretty good option while in Luxor.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014My husband and I ate here before seeing a show at the Luxor. One of the best meals we have ever had. Ate the leftovers for dinner the following night.Special Features:
- Cantonese DelightGoodeats1234Dined on 7/2/2014The only thing missing from a true chinese experience was a lazy table. Great sushi, the Singapore noodles were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ChuckVIPDined on 7/2/2014Whether you are in the mood for Sushi or traditional asian cuisine, you'll love this place. Three vegetable egg rolls come in an order cut in half so it is perfect to wet the appetites for up to six persons. The Edamame could have used a bit more coarse flake salt to really bring out the flavor but again, the portions was more than enough for four. The egg drop soup will be the best you have eaten with a few added peas, carrots, mushrooms and scallions. The Shrimp Tempura roll was perfectly done. Crispy and flavorful. My guests raved about their other entree's. You'll love this place.Special Features: