Rice & Company - Luxor
3900 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Luxor Hotel and Casino
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rice & Company - Luxor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luxor.com/restaurants/rice_and_company.aspx
- Phone: 7022624852
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rice & Company - Luxor
Rice and Company features fresh, tasty and healthy Asian Cuisines with the motto EAT RICE, DRINK TEA, SLURP NOODLES, STAY HEALTHY, this new venue will offer some of the finest modern Japanese and Chinese cuisine in Las Vegas. Located near the entrance of Mandalay Place, this enticing new casual dining alternative will offer an intriguing menu of tropically influenced variations of sushi and sashimi as well as hibachi, teriyaki and Chinese food classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rice & Company - Luxor reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (22)romantic (20)good for groups (18)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Not Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014There is nothing truly redeeming about this restaurant. The food is not great and the ambiance leaves much to be desired. We had Sushi and it was pretty disappointing. I grew up in Ohio. There are places in Cleveland - of all places - that have much better Sushi. The ingredients were not fresh and the Sushi failed to live up to what I expected given the price-point. In addition, the service was not great. The food took forever to come out. Eat somewhere else.
- Great service!Sushi4daysDined on 9/16/2014The food was pretty good quality, especially after our coupon. But what really stood out was the service. Our waiter anticipated our needs and went above and beyond. He's a total keeper. The rest of the staff was also very aimable, such as the gentleman who filled our water glasses and the sushi chef who tried to photobomb us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the SushiPaulDined on 9/15/2014Love the Sushi here. Fresh, Great tasting high quality food. Very attentive service. Relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not memorable!BobODined on 9/15/2014Everything was just OK, except the Tempura was not good at all, way too greasy. Rainbow roll and Spicy tuna very good. Kung Pao chicken and beef chow fun on a scale with Panda Express. And as for service you might as well be at Panda Express. Since I had a $50 comp from MyVegas I would try again, but otherwise forget it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuxorLawrysVIPDined on 9/14/2014From Denise on the desk to Erik and Daniel in the dining room, everyone here knows what they are doing. Surprisingly good food for a Las Vegas hotel, especially since we are not big on Asian food. We always dine here at least once when in town and always enjoy it.Special Features:
- didn't get my pointskikiVIPDined on 9/11/2014They are short staffed, went there because the food is good but waited over an hour the first time for food and more than 15 minutese for drink, second time only two of us went, made a booking with open table, confirmed with receptionist but they did not give me the credit.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Not worth the trip food was poorly done. Overpriced even for Vegas.
- love the foodFoodie4LifeDined on 9/5/2014I arrived early and was met at the front by two hostesses who helped pass a few minutes until my table was ready. at the table, the room was practically empty with several empty tables. I waited several more minutes for my server to present menu and take drink order. The room was too dark and I had to walk to a light fixture in order to read. I noticed 2 other tables also having difficulty reading but they used their phone lights to read the menu. The first drink came quickly and I placed my order. When my food arrived I ordered a second drink that did not make it to my table until the end of the meal. I would have asked, but I never saw a server. I had seared ahi, miso soup, and chinese chicken salad which were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014The ambiance, noise level, and comfort were exceptionally great. Service was average. My main complaint was the quality of the food. The dumplings were no better than average and the Mongolian beef was very poor quality of meat. I shuffled around the beef to find a descent piece but couldn't. I ate about half of the meal. Drinks were average. I had the Manhattan which was pricey and nothing special. I wouldn't go back to the restaurant.
- Nice dinnerRichardVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great dinner perfect service sushi rolls are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentSfdineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was slow. Food took forever to arrive. When food arrived, it was of very poor quality. Ambiance left a lot to be desired. Would never go back.
- mehgte217eVIPDined on 8/30/2014We chose this restaurant because we wanted Sushi and were seeing a show in the hotel. Service was bad. We placed a glass over the table candle to melt the ice to get more water, because the waiter wasn't going to refill it. In fact, no fewer than 5 waiters walked by our table without caring. Asking for the check took 10 minutes. However, the food was good. No complaints about that. Overall, the place works if you are in the hotel and don't need to rush. It's not a destination.
- Great food, nice atmosphearfreakentDined on 8/30/2014Booked this restaurant early in the evening before Criss Angel show at the Luxor. Food was really great and the restaurant was a really nice place to be. Service was a little slow to get started until I pointed out to the waiter we had a show to go to at 7pm then everything was fine. I would have given the service 5 stars had it not have been for the young hostess' on front desk. They wound me up by leaving us hanging around outside the restaurant for nearly 10 minutes before seating us. The restaurant was not even half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced sushi and entreesOscar1117Dined on 8/29/2014For what you get I think it is grossly overpriced.Special Features:
- Good Food - Slow Servicerose4059Dined on 8/24/2014I always make it a MUST to eat at Rice & Co when coming to Vegas. The food and decor never fail to make the night a special occasion. This time was no different except even though the restaurant was not crowded or busy at all it took a very long time to get our dinner served. And that was the only downside to my experience this time. Food was very good and a lot of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencetheMacdsDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the appetizers & sushi. We did family style with the rest of the dishes to share with everyone. They were very accomodating. While the food was great, the prices were a bit over priced. It was conveniently located for the show to see Jabbawockeez and we celebrated two special birthdays. All of the staff from the Host, waiter, and servers were all very attentive to our table.Special Features:
- Rice & Co.MissGDined on 8/18/2014Open high energy restaurant. We had a sushi roll to start then shared the Saczhuan Shrimp and Singapore noodles. All was delicious albeit the Singapore noodles needed more spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner very good and dishes tastingMagdaDined on 8/13/2014Service accurate, location sofisticated. Food various and good, we had a table too near the kitchen but we were on late and there were'nt question and we did'nt say nothingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!gks36Dined on 8/2/2014We saw mixed reviews about Rice. But the positive out weighed the negative. Sat at the Sushi bar...greeted right a way. Enjoyed yummy sushi..laughed and even sang. Perfect start to our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Pre Showteachermom1954VIPDined on 8/2/2014We were going to see one of the shows at the Luxor and decided to do Rice and Company. Food was very good and the service was also good. We shared two dishes plus rice and it was just perfect!!Special Features:
- WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!LisaRalphDined on 8/1/2014Service was awesome, servers and staff very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Pot stickers superb and the house salad and Mongolian Beef had just the right amount of heat. We loved it so much we spent our last night having dinner there AGAIN! Very romantic, especially in the back of the restaurant. A must try when visiting the strip!Special Features:
- Great food and decent price!FoodNFriendsDined on 8/1/2014We had a fun evening with friends in the beautiful Luxor hotel. The sushi was phenomenal and cocktails were very tasty. Great find on the strip for a decent price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb sushiEmilyDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner at Rice and Company after the Criss Angel show. The service was excellent. The food delicious. Very fresh and tasty sushi and a nice selection of speciality roles. Good variety of Chinese dishes, best chicken fried rice I've ever had! Good drinks selection (multiple sakis and a full bar). Atmosphere is stylish in red and browns, nicely lit. Definitely my go-to place for sushi in Las Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service a little lackingfoodyfromokDined on 7/21/2014Food was good. Had to ask for drink refills. Had to ask for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We ate well but the prices are a little high for the quality we had. I would recommand it anyway because the ambiance was good and service was courteous.Special Features:
- Overpriced and SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Had a coupon from MLife for $50 off at Rice and Company so decided to give a try. The restaurant is upstairs at Luxor and is pretty bland looking. The food was basic Asian cuisine that tasted good but had small portions and pretty basic presentation. Even for Las Vegas, the meal seemed extremely overpriced. The waiter was friendly and helpful however the food took over an hour to come out despite the restaurant being half empty. We were tempted to leave while waiting for the meal to come out.
- Friendly Servicecasal94Dined on 7/8/2014Staff was friendly. Food was very good. Located in the Luxor Hotel. It was a great pre show dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent Asian restaurant.moorishreviewDined on 7/8/2014My husband is a sushi snob. According to him their sushi was a 7/10. I ordered their noodles and they were really delicious. It's a pretty good option while in Luxor.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014My husband and I ate here before seeing a show at the Luxor. One of the best meals we have ever had. Ate the leftovers for dinner the following night.Special Features:
- Cantonese DelightGoodeats1234Dined on 7/2/2014The only thing missing from a true chinese experience was a lazy table. Great sushi, the Singapore noodles were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ChuckVIPDined on 7/2/2014Whether you are in the mood for Sushi or traditional asian cuisine, you'll love this place. Three vegetable egg rolls come in an order cut in half so it is perfect to wet the appetites for up to six persons. The Edamame could have used a bit more coarse flake salt to really bring out the flavor but again, the portions was more than enough for four. The egg drop soup will be the best you have eaten with a few added peas, carrots, mushrooms and scallions. The Shrimp Tempura roll was perfectly done. Crispy and flavorful. My guests raved about their other entree's. You'll love this place.Special Features:
- Great foodGinaDined on 6/23/2014The food was great! The service the best our waiter was so friendly and helpful with choosing great dishes. Would love to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool PlacehoneymoonersDined on 6/18/2014We loved the sushi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationJillDined on 6/14/2014We reserved ahead of time for a party of 6. They put us in a circular room with a curtain and a round table. The ambiance was perfect but the food was even better. It was my daughters 21st birthday and she loves sushi. She said it was the best sushi she has ever had. Besides good food and good atmosphere, the service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and knew the menu and drinks well. Best service I have ever experienced.Special Features:
- coupon worthyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014We tried the restaurant as it was an incentive with our room. The ambience was warm and inviting and the server was friendly and prompt. The restaurant also offered a gluten free menu...big plus! The food was hot and freshly prepared but lacked seasoning. While it wasn't a bad meal it was not a good one eitherSpecial Features:
- Great Service . . . Solid SushikateruschellDined on 6/8/2014My friends were looking for a good, reasonably-priced sushi restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip, and this restaurant was a perfect find for us. The Sexy Lady sushi roll was a huge hit with the group. We posed many questions to the waiter regarding the sushi/sashimi and drink options, and he was very knowledgable. Additionally, he was very considerate regarding our time constraint and delivered very prompt service. I would definitely recommend Rice & company to friends.Special Features:
- Just so-soPantera12Dined on 6/7/2014This is the second time we have eaten at Rice & Co. I enjoyed the first time more. I had the Genersl Tso Chicken which I found bland. The service was much better the first time. Food was timely but the server did not check in with us through the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay experiencefamilydinnerDined on 6/7/2014Nice restaurant with food that was good but way overpriced. Food took forever to come despite the restaurant being rather empty at the time we ordered.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Rice & Company - Luxor reviews archive.
- Always good and consistentBlondieDined on 5/25/2014Hidden gem. If you love good Asian food this is a must. The sweet and sour pork is amazing chicken fried Rice is something you cannot stop eating the roast pork soup is delicious. Chicken teriyaki is amazing. Please go! We always sit with jimmy. Thumbs up x100Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!WickedLocalsDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I are both locals and were blown away with the restaurant. We love sushi and chinese food and have found a new favorite in Rice & Company. We'll be coming back, for damn sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.