175 North Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riccardosnorthend.com/
- Phone: (617) 720-3994
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 12:00 pm- 9:30 pm
Monday & Tuesdat 4:00 - 10:00 pm
Wednesday - Saturday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Special Events: Private dinning room for party of all sizes overlooking Paul Revere House in historic North Square.
* several meal plans available
* meal plans created to accomodate all budgets
* for more information call Richard Jr 617-593-0777
A word from Riccardo's
Riccardo's Ristorante is located in the North End neighborhood of Boston and is a family run business which has been recognized by local and national known food critiques as one of the best authentic Italian Restaurants in Boston. Now being run by Richie Jr., Riccardo's has the same fine standards and quality of food as always. The staff is highly trained and knowledgeable about every item on the menu. Unlike other Italian restaurants in the neighborhood Ricardo's never skimps on portions. Come and visit. Renew your love for Riccardo's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riccardo's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Birthday or pre wedding partyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday and pre wedding party of my daughter and had a very delishious meal. The waiters and staff were amazing. The seafood Risotto was fantastic as well as all the other dishes. I would definitely recommend this ristaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegirlsnightoutDined on 11/8/2014We made the reservation only 24hours in advance. There were not a lot of restaurants in the North End that could accommodate 6 people at 6 so we took a chance. But, we were very pleasantly surprised. Food was really good. Eggplant rollinitis and rosoto were amazing. Drinks were good. All reasonably priced. Love the North End!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!MmbbDined on 11/7/2014Will be back! Great experience And very happy with The quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningsk2014Dined on 10/25/2014We were a party of 10, out to the North End for a special evening taking out my brother and his family visiting from out of town and never been to a North End restaurant. We were seated 30 minutes later than our reservation. The noise level made it hard to hear. While our servers came fairly quickly once we were seated, once our orders were placed, even for drinks, the appetizers, drinks didn't arrive for at least another 30 minutes. And the main courses took forever. Our waiter seemed to disappear for close to an hour. Food was bland - the sea bass was cooked expertly but had no flavor. Other reviews from around the table were disappointing. We opted to have our dessert elsewhere as the noise level increased.
- Know they can do betterDatenightDined on 10/25/2014We have dined at Ricardo's in the past and had the best meals ever...it wasn't the case the last time we went there at 7pm on a Saturday night. The appetizer was burnt and the service was rushed. My "Spicy red sauce" had no spice as well. Ordered a coffee after dinner and had to wait 10 minutes for a spoon. Overall disappointed but I know they can do better as my first meal there was awesome. We went on a Saturday but earlier in the day. Maybe the staff can't handle the Saturday night rush...the service and food were completely different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poorvercingetorixDined on 10/25/2014Food was poor; service was poor; would not recommend
- fabulous timeLCCCDined on 10/25/2014I made reservations 2 months ahead for a group of 8 of us to have a night out without our kids. I had to make changes to the numbers several times without issues, including adding 1 more person on our way into Boston! Our table was ready on time, despite a busy Saturday night. Unfortunately the other 3 couples were late. The manager was wonderful about this & accommodated our group by having our table ready for us. Riccardo's definitely honors reservations. I spend many hours reading reviews to pick a nice place, moderately priced, that will take reservations & honor them. Many reviews of other restaurants in the north end still had 30+ minute waits, even with reservations. We can't wait to go again! The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great FoodGmaxDined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful meal... The homemade pasta dishes were well prepared and presented. We would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barking host...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014First time at this restaurant and found the food of good quality but not properly warmed. Could have lived with that but the host, continually walking around the dining room and barking orders to his staff became a major distraction. No repeat business from us...
- Skip itIamHungryDined on 10/24/2014Waited over an hour to be sat, so we left. Staff was not apologetic, and host never gave us a good estimate of when we would be seated. Several tables without reservations and with reservations made after us, were sat before us. We bailed and went somewhere else.Special Features:
- Good food...very rushed serviceServicefairDined on 10/18/2014Saturday nights in the north end are obviously incredibly busy. Many restaurants had lines out the door and they were turning people away. We were able to get a last minute reservation at Riccardos. The host was very overwhelmed and asked me twice...after checking in with him...if I had a reservation. Once seated...our waiter was running here and there. Very difficult to get his attention. He seemed to give his other tables more attention than my party of 2. For example, we had to ask for bread...other tables got it instantly. We had to ask for parmesan cheese after our food arrived. But, the food was very good. I would like to try Riccardo's again (not on a Sat.) & see if the service is any better.
- Delicious!LAckDined on 10/18/2014Great find in Boston's north end! Great food, especially the meatball appetizer special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingswotrbVIPDined on 10/18/2014I made a last minute reservation at Riccardo's due to a scheduling conflict that caused me to cancel a planned dinner elsewhere. Consequently, I had minimal expectations. Clearly, I underestimated the place. Food was exceptional and the service was attentive without hovering. Next time I go to the North End, Riccardo's will be my first choice rather than a last minute substitute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service a little slowSamsonDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is located off the beaten track in the No. End which is good. Food was excellent. The Gnocchi with Veal was great. We had a nice bottle of Chianti as well. My only complaint was the meal was a little late in coming out.Special Features:
- Beautiful place, Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Riccardo's is in a perfect location in the North End. It's not on the main Hanover st so it's easier to get to and not as crowded on the street. The food is amazing and the servers were exceptional. Highly recommend for a romantic dinner date!Special Features:
- The real thingTony65Dined on 10/10/2014This is my second visit to Boston and Riccardos. Excellent and authentic Italian food. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- Friendly and solidMitchDined on 9/27/2014This is a large restaurant a little bit off the very beaten track of Hanover Street in the North End. It is in a bit quieter area which itself is attractive as the North End can be overwhelming on a busy weekend. It also allows for parking a few minutes away down by the waterfront, which is a big issue in the North End, where parking can be impossible. Despite the crowd, the owner working to seat you does a good job trying to get you seated quickly. The food is fairly solid basic Italian. Nothing on the menu will blow you away, but the prices are fair and the food is very consistent. The primary draw is being in the North End in a place which is attractive and not insane, getting decent food and service for not a lot of money.Special Features:
- Bday dinnerOccasionalnightoutDined on 9/27/20146 of us went to Riccardo's for dinner. The wine and salad were very good. The food was just OK. No complaints, but nothing fabulous. With all of the restaurants in the north end, I wouldn't hurry back. None of the entrees come with sides so you can add a veg. or pasta for an extra charge. My husband & I got the cannoli ($6 each) & they were disappointing. The cream wasn't fresh & they added some type of anis flavoring so the cream wasn't sweet. It was a bad cannoli. Also no toilet paper in 1 of the 2 ladies room stalls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We had a group of 10 on a very busy Saturday night. They took us on time, and the food was great. We had a great table and a wonderful time. Very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014Veal chop was The best I have ever had. My wife said her lasagna it was the best she ever had. Excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JKCOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014The waiter was attentive and excellent. The food was amazing. The atmosphere was quaint and perfect. I would highly recommend this place!!Special Features:
- When I think of Boston......vascudogDined on 9/18/2014Of all the sites, sounds, restaurants etc that I have experienced in the several times I've been in Boston, only Riccardo's stands out as truly spectacular! The ambience could not have been better & the waiter treated me and my guests like we were cousins. The food preparation and presentation were superb and yet not ostentatious. I felt like I was back home at a family gathering (I'm Italian). Look out for the bread and olives.....you won't find better. Outstanding Veal and Pasta. The Calamari was fantastic. There are so many wonderful things to see and do in the town of Boston.... but when I think of Boston, I think of Riccardo's!!!! What a truly great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I came here with two girlfriends and we're not picky whatsoever. The manager was very friendly and accommodating. The service could be better. I think we got someone in training but that was never told to us nor were the specials. Again, my party could careless but some people do. We had a great time just with each other's company and I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Goodnochains4meDined on 8/31/2014Found this place using the Open Table app. Reviews were mixed but we found everything to be very good. The stuffed meatball appetizer was great and the bread was perfect. Service was spot on. A very good traditional Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhyllisVIPDined on 8/30/2014Highly recommend this restaurant for food and service. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Got my red sauce fixMainerDined on 8/30/2014We chose Riccardo's based on having an open reservation at the time we needed that same day and we were all in the mood for Italian. The restaurant was jam packed at 7:00pm on a Saturday but our table was ready and it was on the second floor which is quieter and roomier than the main level. We all enjoyed our meals and the red sauce hit the spot. The one negative was the service which was slower than we would have liked and not very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nelson ClanNelsonClanDined on 8/29/2014We went with 9 people. It was excellent everything. Found Riccardo's trying to make a reservation to another restaurant in Boston; open table popped up. Best thing that could of happened. would recommend Riccardo's and open table to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but not greatSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 8/24/2014There are better alternatives in the North End at this price point if you come for the food. That said, the atmosphere was very pleasant, the service was good, it's not on a noisy street so summer dining with the windows open is very nice, and they validate parking, which knocks $15 off the bill! And the food was good, just not exquisite as it is at a couple of other places.
- Great food, poor serviceScottMVIPDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the stuffed meatballs and veal gnocchi. But to get to the great food we had to deal with the grumpy old man at the hostess stand. We walked up on time for our reservations but couldn't be seated until we finished what was clearly an unpleasant conversation he was having with a family member over the phone. That went on for about five minutes before he acknowledged us. We couldn't help but feel he was upset with us for disturbing his horrible phone call. Once we were finally seated upstairs our server could have spent a little more time serving instead of chasing the cute little co worker. Not sure about a return visit.Special Features:
- Good for a Special OcassionTubesDined on 8/15/2014Riccardo's was a great last minute find for a large party we hastily arranged to celebrate a 12th birthday. Nine of us were seated on time, the service was excellent and the food was tasty and a good value compared to other restaurants in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian!NewcomerVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is the second time we've been to this restaurant. The food is very good. The place is a little small, but the service and the food is too good to pass up. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Will definitely go back!dinneroutDined on 7/28/2014Food was delicious and the service was great! We will definitely dine at Riccardo's when we are back in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riccardo'sJuice28Dined on 7/25/2014Great place. Owner is a great guy had us seated fast and food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly What We Were Looking ForBizDinnerDined on 7/22/2014We were looking for a nice place for a party of 10 in the North End and a local recommended Riccardo's. It is located across the street from Paul Revere's house. They had no problem accommodating us and our table was ready as soon as we arrived. Everyone in the party complimented the food and those of us who drank wine enjoyed the selection recommended to us by the waiter. All in all a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for small quantitiesJakeDined on 7/21/2014The food is very good, but the high prices for small quantities makes this place not worth it. My plate was $29, and didn't even come with a vegetable.Special Features:
- Average Sums It UpProfessorJBDined on 7/19/2014We had reservations for 5 of us, and arrived half an hour early. They were able to seat us immediately, even on a Saturday night at 6. The order was taken quickly and pleasantly, but took quite awhile for it to come out. Maybe if we had ordered apps, the wait might not have felt as long. The pasta dishes ordered were good - daughter love her Gnocchi, and two others enjoyed the Fettuccine. My Maila (a stuffed pork loin) was a big chewy/tough, and not all that flavorful. Wife liked her Veal Marsala. Kind of a sad, limited beer selection. No drafts, and no craft beers or microbrews in bottles. No complaints, nothing to rave about. Overall, average food, not particularly inspired. We enjoyed dinner, but will try someplace else next time.Special Features:
- location, location, locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014I made a reservation but the table wasn't ready. Not only did it take half an hour to seat us, but they sat other parties ahead of us. They got one of our orders wrong. We had to ask twice to get some more water. And the broccoli rabe side that we ordered wasn't only late but an inedible mush when it arrived. Obviously, this place survives on reputation and location. My meal was good but not stellar and certainly not worth the trouble.
- Great summer outdoor dinner spotGregWDined on 7/12/2014Riccardo's is a long time Lake Grove spot. In the Summer, their outdoor patio in back with fountains puts you miles away from Boone's Ferry Road. They did not have our OpenTable reservation, despite me having a confirmation, but we were seated promptly. On this visit I found the food fine but unremarkable (I had a hanger steak dish). They seem to excel at the Italian classics, i.e. veal dishes, lasagna, etc. They have a great wine list but I brought my own this time, which was properly served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such service!kelliecartDined on 7/11/2014It was my daughter's 25th birthday and the we were a group of 8 going out to celebrate. Our party came in in dribs and drabs and the host had us wait at the bar without making us feel guilty. When we all arrived and I let him know he asked if we wanted to wait for a just a few more minutes and he could get us a prime table. It was wonderful, by the open window, all 8 of us together. Our waiter, who had followed us from the bar, Mike, was just great, attentive without being smothering, and made a great Bellini! The food was good and plentiful and there was a reasonably priced wine list. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceAliGVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had a perfect date with my husband. Sat by the window on a beautiful summer night and enjoyed some yummy veal parm and linguine fra diavolo with shrimp and scallops. Service was excellent.