16035 SW Boones Ferry Rd
Lake Oswego, OR 97035Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://riccardoslo.com/
- Phone: 5036364104x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Riccardo Spaccarelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Small group catering, either pick-up or delivery.
- Private Party Facilities: Seasonal patio dining for up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Riccardo 5036364104x
A word from Riccardo's
Welcome to Riccardo’s Ristorante!!Continued
Our family owned and operated business has been pleasing customers with fine food and wine from Italy since 1980. We look forward to serving you.
Our family owned and operated business has been pleasing customers with fine food and wine from Italy since 1980. We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Riccardo's - Best Restaurants in Lake Oswego ›
Riccardo's reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (67)neighborhood gem (48)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (31)romantic (29)great for lunch (16)good for groups (15)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Riccardo's Is A GemmarkemarkVIPDined on 9/17/2014Riccardo's never fails to impress. Delicious food, amazing service, precious wine list. Everyone that I take there leaves with the same impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining in Lake OswegoRegularDinerDined on 9/13/2014Had a great dinner on Riccardo's outstanding outdoor patio. Great service from Walter, as always. Razor Clams were just perfect as was the lasagna - the best in the metro area. Their wine list is the best Italian selection you can find anywhere. Ask your waiter for a recommendation - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were seated outside by a water fountain which helped with the ambiance. It does not feel crowded even when it is full, great for romantic conversations.Special Features:
- Great patio dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Loved my good, the service and the ambiance. What a find! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!PXDfotogDined on 9/8/2014Gracious and attentive service, informed wine suggestions, beautiful plating, and complex flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyLinderleeDined on 9/6/2014Lovely spot. We are outside and enjoyed the food very much. I thought it was a bit over priced. Our waiter "Ben" just about ruined the evening for us as he seemed to be on some kind of upper. He would just flurry about and then totally disappear for long stretches. Would like to go again but will have to save for special occasions due to prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServiceletsdineDined on 9/2/2014Food was terrific but more importantly our service was outstanding. Our waiter, Walther, was very knowledgable regarding the food and wine, very helpful with the wine selections, and had a wonderful pleasant attitude. We sat outside in the patio area and it was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badshaneDined on 8/26/2014Waiter was too hyper, we had to ask for bread, there were 2 couples, he split the bill between the 2 couples. Which was messed since the other couple had expensive wine, we didn't, we had an Entertainment card, they didn't. He made us feel like we needed to hurry, yet the place was not full, he had 2 other tables. Second time this has happened. Won't go back. Plus friends with us...felt the same way.Special Features:
- Has No Equal in the AreaSloweaterDined on 8/22/2014We were very excited to have another opportunity to dine at Riccardo's this August. Our reservation was easy to make but hard to keep due to a freeway slow down. We called to let them know and we were told it was okay. Once inside the restaurant we recognized the lovely patio with fountain and soft lighting and were glad we requested outside seating. Riccardo's staff is very busy on a Friday night in summer with lots of regular customers; we were given the same sincere attention the whole evening. Great authentic Italian food and wine-caprese rivaled what I ate in Assisi! The wine book gives accurate information making it easy to choose the one you want and a huge range. Riccardo's is pretty expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Italian foodPDXfoodieDined on 8/18/2014Food wasn't that great. Restaurant was very crowded and understaffed. Very long wait for food. Won't eat here again, at least for dinner. Also overpriced. Lunch is a much better value. Outdoor patio is nice.Special Features:
- Absolutely Perfect!WestcoastNewYorkerDined on 8/16/2014We made our reservation and arrived right on time. The parking lot was full, so my husband dropped the rest of us off, and parked in the next lot over. Our table for 5 was ready, in a lovely enclosed courtyard, complete with fountain. Although we were seated right next to the kitchen, it was never noisy or high traffic. The service was exceptional, and attentive. My Mother-in-law had special requests due to dietary restrictions, and they were very helpful in making suggestions to accommodate her needs. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- TessaTessaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Always a five star dining experience. Have been dining at Ricardo's over 10 years and always delighted!Special Features:
- Great eveningAlan97Dined on 8/8/2014Best outdoor dining in town. Service a little slow, but with the great Barolo who cared. Food as usual was outstanding great veal and veggie lasagna. It is no wonder that we keep coming back Great Job RicardoSpecial Features:
- Disappointing/Needs AttentionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014From the waiter to the salad to the tired stucco wall that needs painting, this place needs help. The bread was cold and tough except one surprise piece of focaccia in the basket. Our waiter was slow to show up, then had an annoying habit of repeating everything ordered out loud. This might have been his way to remember the order, but we would suggest a pencil and paper instead. Then we had a switch without explanation or introduction when someone else gave us dessert menus and took that order. But then he was by to ask if all was well. Overall it was a noisy overcrowded outdoor dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Simply AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This little Italian Restaurant tucked in off the street in Lake Oswego is an amazing little gem! The wine list is ample and well-inclusive of many highly rated Italian wines. The food is off the charts good. I have personally never had such tasty lasagna before that has amazing flavor yet is so delicate that the flavors aren't overpowering. Each bite was a simple delight all in its own. Though the desert was more of an afterthought for us it too was simply amazing. I have been wanting to go back since we left. Definitely will be visiting this place again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think Italy in Lake OswegoPdnickVIPDined on 8/2/2014Probably the finest Italian food in the area. Everything is from scratch. Many traditional items have been changed just enough to make them even better. The owners regularly travel to Italy to find interesting additions. And the wine list is superb. Prices are fair and reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riccardo's RaveCogs12Dined on 8/1/2014Nothing better than a beautiful Summer evening at Riccardo's and our outside experience was equally, wonderful. Amazing food, as always! It was a busy Friday night so the service was somewhat slow, and the waiter had to ask what we ordered on a couple of occasions. Once the food arrived our experience was what we have grown accustomed to in this Gem of a 'foodie' hangout. Except for a small delay and busy staff, this restaurant held to its reputation... Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good people, Great food!DelightfulDined on 7/28/2014I have been to this restaurant sporadically for many years. Now, I've been twice in a month.It is better than ever.Riccardo himself is present and brought our wine to the table!Our server Francois is a favorite from another restaurant at another time and it is great having him here at a restaurant that does a fabulous meal with soup or salad and main course for $20- $38. He recommended the Caprese Salad and he was right to do so.The tomatoes were succulent and the dressing with a touch of pesto with the usual basal sets it apart. Among the four dishes we had, the Arrabbiata Pasta stood out.The tiramisu was fresh and flavorful. Oh and did I mention the fabulous outdoor courtyard? you can dine outside with beautiful plantings and fountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just delightful.biblioneilDined on 7/28/2014The food here is great! I had the Marlin and loved it. The side dishes are delicious as well. Ate so well could not fit in a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BELLISSIMOSherryDined on 7/24/2014Don't miss dining at Riccardo's. The atmosphere, both inside and outside is lovely. The plants and flowers around the fountain give a very relaxing feeling to your meal. The food is authentic and tasty. The Italian waiter will delight you with antidotes and stories from Italy. The wine list offers many different wines to experience. It is a long time Lake Oswego neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful dinner.2CatsDined on 7/21/2014We had a wonderful dinner on the patio. Great food, attentive staff and beautiful wine pairings. Will definitely be back and will bring family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lovely evening!LaurelVIPDined on 7/19/2014We are frequent dining guests to Riccardo's, and were treating our friends to what should be titled "World's BEST Lasagna", when I wandered off my regular fair, to try the Chicken Cattitore! Yum! And, as this was a warm summer evening, surprise! Outdoor patio dining! Lovely. Thanks again to Walter, our waiter extraordinaire! He is from Italy, filled with stories from his home town, & quite entertaining as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for wine,dine and socializeGrasseaterDined on 7/18/2014Good food, great wine and great ambience. Service was good but little slow. Outdoor dining experience is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!LaurieDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner here Friday evening and were able to sit outside due to the weather being so nice. My husband always has the veal and mushroom dish in the red wine reduction sauce, and I also decided to have it as I have loved the few bites he's given me in the past! It could well have been the most delicious thing I have eaten in many years! Very tender meat, excellent sauce, and the red wine sauce made it superb! I have MY meal chosen for the next time we return here in the future! Our Italian waiter, Walter, (are we sure it's not Marco or something more Italian sounding?!!?) was great! We enjoyed just talking with him and hearing his Italian accent. It brought back memories of our visits to Italy!Special Features:
- Consistently great!grandmaTDined on 7/18/2014We always have the best meal at Riccardo's. The service is great - Francois was hysterical and a great fit for our group of ladies!Special Features:
- Riccardo'sshaneDined on 7/17/2014We brought a friend here from Woodinville, Wa and it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Very good food but...dinnerguestDined on 7/11/2014This is a nice restaurant, good seating both inside and outside. Food was very good, presented very well. The down side was the service. it started out ok but got worse as the evening went on. We had to ask twice for the check. From the time one would expect to have it we waited over 20 min.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experience-slow serviceeventsDined on 7/10/2014The food at Ricardos was very good. My husband LOVED the Marlin $32 & my pasta with garlic shoots $22 was very good. The assorted greens were crisp and tasty and the house salad dressing was light and wonderful. The bread basket was nice although we would have appreciated some butter or balsamic vinegar to go with the provided olive oil. It was a very nice evening and most diners were outside. We were the only couple inside and this led to sketchy service. We had to ask for drink refills. The food choices were fun with unique twists--although we did think they were over-priced. We came away having had a nice dining experience although it is unlikely that we would visit very often or with our family given the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a return tripCasualDinerDined on 7/7/2014The service was friendly (a bit slow) and the food was great. Nice outdoor dining area that larger than the inside.Special Features:
- Great ambiancefoodieDined on 7/1/2014We like this restaurant first for the atmosphere on the patio. This time, we ordered the pate and the tuna appetizers neither of which were great. The lasagne is still good, but I miss the basil sauce that used to be included as a part of the dish. The salad was very fresh.
- SparkyDined on 6/28/2014The wine was very stimulating and very well priced. The lasagna was out of site.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Jewel!!lovegoodfoodDined on 6/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner and overall dining experience at Riccardo's recently. We started out with (very good) martini's and a thinly sliced veal in a tuna/caper/cream sauce…fantastic!! The lasagna looked so good as it passed our table that all three of us couldn't resist ordering it for our main course. The pasta is so thin and delicate, you don't need a knife to cut it and the meat sauce was excellent. The head waiter, Walter, really made our evening complete…his name may not sound Italian, but believe me, he is 100% Italian (Pugliese) and he made us feel like we were right back in Italy…Great service, and knowledgeable about their wines (with a great choice of Italian wines at reasonable prices). We will definitely be back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the classiest place aroundDbutschDined on 6/24/2014The food continues tro be excellent and even while under construction the back deck is an oasis. The babble of the fountains allows conversation to happen without being lost it noise. As always the food was supreme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome back!TeddyzVIPDined on 6/20/2014Since original owner's return, the food is great once again. Ask for Walter, the waiter par excellance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A jewelDiscriminatingDinerDined on 6/6/2014Riccardo's is a gift. Excellent food, outstanding wine, and a setting that works with ease for both a quiet working lunch and an exuberant dinner celebration. Highly re ommended.Special Features:
- Favorite Italian RestaurantlovesgoodfoodDined on 6/3/2014We had a delicious dinner with friends from out of town on the patio, which was provided with heaters because evenings are still a little chilly out. So we were perfectly comfortable. The food, wine, and service were wonderful as usual. Riccardo's is always consistent. That's why it's our favorite Italian restaurant in our area.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 6/2/2014This use to be a great place! I took my daughter there telling her what a great place it was. She was appalled. Upon arrival I notice the outdoor entry way was filthy, at least get a broom out! We ate in the back on the patio, use to be great ambiance, now the place has really fallen apart there are loads of deferred maintenance issues! YIKES! Its time to get the power washer out on everything then some paint would go a long way, put a DOOR between the dirty kitchen and eating area, very unsightly! Clean the tables... etc. Food was very marginal, get a new chef who knows how to cook. On the positive side, service was very good as was the wine list.
- Construction is temporary...CKHGDined on 5/31/2014The only negative about the evening was getting to our beautiful outdoor table and discovering that the construction of the Wells Fargo bank next door meant construction sandbags and a retaining wall in the dining area. Would have been nice to have a heads up by phone so I could select inside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 140 reviews are from the Riccardo's reviews archive.
- Ricardo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/24/2014Fabulous evening w/friends, great food & service...Ben was fantastic & we loved the outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencerjitkDined on 5/19/2014After repeated visits, Riccardo's once again has out done itself. The food is spectacular and the service is top notch.Special Features: