2116 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://riccardoenoteca.com/
- Phone: 7735495010
- Hours of Operation:
4pm to 9pm Sunday
5pm to 10pm Monday through Thursday
5pm to 11pm Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Riccardo Enoteca
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riccardo Enoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (16)notable wine list (13)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great varietyleepontonDined on 8/16/2014The most amazing aspect of the Enoteca is the size of the menu. It is a tiny place. But there must have been as many specials as there were items on the regular menu! And all of it A+ good. Eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies AlertLuccaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great spot for everything Italian. Starting with: great choices of appetizers; authentic Milanese pizza; pastas to die for; and finally, terrific entrees. What more could you ask for in a restaurant?!Special Features:
- Cozy charmer2muchmediaVIPDined on 8/8/2014The little sister to Ricardo's Tratorria across the street has grown up into a real restaurant that packs a surprisingly broad menu into a tiny spot. Still a great place to stop by for an wood oven pizza or charcuteries plate but Enoteca now serves up a wider array of pastas and seafood and meat dishes. Don't overlook the rotating specials. The recent veal Milanese was the epitome of tender veal scaloppine in a super crunchy breading, simply garnished with arugula and tomatoes. Salame with figs drizzled with honey made a delish starter. Portions are sensible and prices a few bucks less than Ricardo's classy little Tratorria across the street. In nice weather there are a few tables outside on busy Clark street.Special Features:
- great classicsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014pizza is awesome, great crust, on the thinner side, use quality cheeses and meats, makes all the difference. Meatball app was awesome, great sauce and texture. The service was good a well, we were checked on often and they are very friendly. They definitely take pride in their work.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianMMJCDined on 7/24/2014This is by far one of the best "real" Italian restaurants in the city. The food is outstanding and the servers are incredibly hospitable.Special Features:
- Love this place!!!Jh19Dined on 7/18/2014This place is so good. Never disappoints. Classic Italian food and always have nice rotating specials. The servers were very attentive and outdoor seating is great in the summer!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodjmp2465Dined on 7/7/2014The pasta was overwhelmed with cheese. The pizza was cold and the dough was tasteless and a bit soggy.
- Ricardo EnotecasharVIPDined on 7/2/2014Great place for Italian food. In a city filled with Italian restaurants, this one shines. Clean flavors, innovative. Leisurely atmosphere. Casual dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistently superbRyanVIPDined on 6/25/2014Ricardo Enoteca is perfect for a date night or a relaxing dinner with friends. The service is warm and generous and the atmosphere is everything you could wish for in a neighborhood spot. The rotating specials menu leaves us pleasantly surprised after each visit. The simple preparations let the superb ingredients sing. Get the hot and cold bruschetta, you wont regret it.Special Features:
- Great "shot in the dark"VisitorDined on 6/7/2014We picked this place on line and were delighted by the food, outdoor seating and service. Very knowledgeable staff, good wine and great food. Definitely worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodLocalFanVIPDined on 5/23/2014Food as always is flavorful and interesting with the specials always getting changed and updatedSpecial Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Riccardo Enoteca reviews archive.
- AllenDined on 4/16/2014The menu and food are fantastic - I thought it would be a much simpler menu but it was fantastic and covered all bases. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 2nd time back - this isTheBunsterDined on 4/2/2014My 2nd time back - this is a great spot . . . very extensive menu and wine list to match . . . list of daily specials is far and above what you'll find at other places. Will be a favorite on my way home this summer . . .Special Features:
- Steve's prePark West tripStrangeOneDined on 3/22/2014We found this ace on Yelp and it got good reviews. Since it was only a short walk to the Park West we went there early. It was perfect for our night- food was really good, service solid, and it was reasonably priced especially considering some of the other local options. We enjoyed everything especially the fish stew my wife had- lots of seafood for the price. The main restaurant is across the street but this Enoteca shares the same chef and staff. This will. E our go to place for any future trips to that neighborhood for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food combined withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014Wonderful food combined with very attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As wonderful as always!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 2/28/2014We can't get enough of Riccardo Enoteca- the food is amazing, the ambiance is romantic and intimate, and the staff is so incredibly professional and friendly. We celebrated our engagement here, and our waiter immediately brought over champagne for us to toast with! I highly recommend Riccardo Enoteca!Special Features:
- Enjoyed it, great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Great duck with orange cognac glaze, unique apps, great wine and knowledgeable serviceSpecial Features:
- always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014I've been there several times and it is always amazing we had one of their signature pizzas which is one of the best pizzas we have had the service is always very professional and we go there at least once a monthSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasureSuesicalDined on 1/25/2014An interesting, even enticing menu well prepared. Very welcoming staff. A very comfortable ambiance. Fine wines to choose from. Always a pleasure.Special Features:
- we come here often for great foodlincolnparkDined on 1/17/2014great food and service. fresh quality ingredients prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2014We needed a place to go for a good, quick meal before we all went to the theatre. Very good food, service got us out on time and we will be back. We were sorry we had to rush.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningRockyDined on 1/4/2014Excellent food, great ambiance and attentive service. Charming little place to sip a glass of wine and enjoy wonderful Italian food. Perfect for celebrating a special occasion or intimate dinner for two.Special Features:
- Un estupendo lugarExcelenteDined on 12/23/2013La comida es deliciosa. Todo lo que ordeñamos estaba exquisito. El servicio es excelente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible everything!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 12/20/2013I have been here several times now, and I am always blown away by the experience. From the food to the wine to the service, everything was perfect. Our server executed the entire dinner flawlessly- we did not even notice when our plates were cleared or when our water was refilled. And they brought us a round of champagne to toast to our recent engagement!!! My only regret was that we didn't leave room for dessert! We can't wait to go back- Riccardo Enoteca always has the most incredible food at insanely reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem Is RightChicagoLocalVIPDined on 12/5/2013Riccardo Enoteca was terrific! My friends and I anticipated that this sibling restaurant to Riccardo would be good, but it was great. The menu was just the right size, not too many choices and certainly not too few. The specials list was extensive with something for everyone. The server was knowledgeable and responsive. From soup to nuts we had a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service....uncomfortableNeighborDined on 12/1/2013Slow service....uncomfortable chairs, nothing green (no plants or flowers or holiday decorations), very small place so tables close to each other, hard to keep on a conversation. Very friendly servers, food very good...my second visit in a two months period and they still have problems with the expresso machine. Somehow my first visit was much more fun.Special Features:
- I've dined at Riccardo TrattoriaTheBunsterDined on 11/26/2013I've dined at Riccardo Trattoria and it was wonderful. IMHO, one of the most authentic Italian restaurants in the city. The Enoteca has a wonderful wine list, and the specials were outstanding. So many, that it was hard to choose. I had mussels Livornese - an appetizer - and the portion would have been sufficient for an entree . . . highly recommend, reservations are helpful.Special Features:
- Monday Night Care & AttentionLoadsabeerDined on 11/25/2013I took two work colleagues and my wife to Riccardo Enoteca on Monday night and had a delicious meal and wonderful service in a relaxed atmosphere. Exactly what we were looking for. We let the waiter guide our food choices and he did so with excellence. Monday night at a restaurant is always risky, but this was a truly exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotRockyDined on 11/22/2013Perfect spot for quiet dinner for two or with friends. Great ambiance, great service and wonderful Italian food!Special Features:
- Great Food/Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013The food was great, very authentic Italian. It is located outside of the city and seems to be a great little neighborhood spot. Service was fantastic as I don't think I ever once waited on anything. At the same time, the staff never put pressure on us or made us feel like it was time to go. The only negative is the size. This is a small location only about 15 or 20 tabletops and you can feel like you are sitting on top of others in the restaurant. Other than that, would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're in a Woody Allen movieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013I've dined here several times. The food is perfect: well-seasoned Italian classics. It's a small place -- 8 or ten tables -- with a four-person bar. Service is excellent. The place is beyond charming. When certain songs come on over the sound system, I feel like I'm in a Woody Allen movie.Special Features:
- Such a treatMomSaysVIPDined on 11/9/2013We get some of the same wonderful dishes they serve across the street in their more formal place but here it's just as friendly and well executed, in a more casual experience. Flat pizzas, pastas, appetizers, mains: pick some or all. Good gelato.Special Features:
- Pre-Show MeetupHarrisPatronVIPDined on 11/5/2013Meeting before the Humanities Fest, Riccardo Enoteca was the perfect place, for those of us just wanting a glass of wine and a nibble, the bruschetta, messy but terrific, added with the chef choice antipasti worked perfectly. The other member of the party wanting dinner was delighted with the tuna over pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great ambianceJulieDined on 10/26/2013Such a cute, small restaurant in Lincoln park. Food was incredible! Pizzas were phenomenal. Overall good prices for the food. Grilled calamari and cognac pate were two of the best dishes! Also the Modella pizza and Gorgonzola pizza were insanely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salmonDonnDined on 10/19/2013I had the salmon dinner. It was a small piece of fish, and totally mediocre. My wife had the lamb, and it was overcooked.
- plain, simple aand yummyEvekDined on 10/3/2013This undecorated neighborhood find has a delightful Italian menu. The food is better than one might expect; the service is timely, and the wine tasty. An addendum to the very good Riccardos acrosst the street, one wwishes for a beteter ambiance and perhaps, an occasional smile on the waiter's face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the lasagna!happycamperVIPDined on 10/1/2013This was our fourth visit, and I still cannot resist the lasagna! How can lasagna be described as light? Ask the chef! My dining partner is equally crazy about the asparagus milanese, which is served with two eggs over easySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceKarenAnneDined on 9/28/2013This was our second visit and it was very enjoyable. The food was great and our waiter was attentive and efficient but not overly chatty. He recommended wine by the glass that was perfectly paired with our entrees. Food and wine was excellent and affordable. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceexplorer2VIPDined on 8/15/2013Service was awesome!! and so was the food and the wineSpecial Features:
- Good neighborhood optionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2013Food exceeded expectations. Need to work on ambiance...too chilly and a little too bright. But service was pleasant and prices very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.