5211 Lacey Blvd
Lacey, WA 98513Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefricardo.com/
- Phone: 3604139995x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Every Night: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Happy Hour Daily 5-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rick Nelsen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Mobile Wood Fired Oven
- Special Events: You can book the Building
A word from Ricardo's Restaurant
Ricardo's Restaurant offers Dry Aged "Prime Steaks" Handmade Pasta, Fresh Seafood & Homemade Desserts. We have an Extensive Wine List & Full Bar.Continued
Winner of "Best in Show" 2005~2010 Capitol Food & Wine Festival.
Yes we Cater
Winner of "Best in Show" 2005~2010 Capitol Food & Wine Festival.
Yes we Cater
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ricardo's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Olympia ›
Ricardo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (23)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (13)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 2nd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014the food is sooooo yummy and filling this last visit, it took some time before our entree arrived. we were treated to more bread and dipping sauce and compt for desert. i'd go again. the food is pricey but yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingFoodieDined on 8/29/2014It was nice to see that you support local wineries such as Sovereign from Steamboat Island. The outdoor fireside chocolate martinis for desert are to die for. It's nice to know that cigars by the fireside are exceptional. The dried aged beef is the most flavorful, tender and ranks right with the top Seattle steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak AroundaberryDined on 8/29/2014There is a reason why the cheapest steak is $42. My husband got the Ribeye and it was AMAZING. I stole a good amount of it because it was the best steak I have ever tasted. I had the veal, which was just okay. I gave the restaurant 4/5 stars because out of everything we ordered (Ricardo's platter, steak, veal, souffle), the steak was the only thing that blew us away. The platter had way too many greens and not enough deli meat and cheese. The souffle tasted almost the same as any lava cake that you could get from a Chilis or chain restaurant but with double the price tag. Although, the vanilla ice cream that was paired with it was sublime. We will definitely be returning for other special occasions.Special Features:
- Never againAllmightyDined on 8/29/2014We ordered the 72 dollar prime rib and it came out raw not rare but still cold from the fridge raw. When we sent it back it just reheated a 72 dollar steak was dry cooked twice. The waitress kinda had the attitude that we ordered something off menu that didn't work out saying well it is a big roast. The steak house that cannot cook a steak.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014You will not see a huge sign or glitzy billboard drawing you here. What you will find is the urge to return for the amazing food, the comfortable atmosphere and friendly service. Really enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ricardo's Restaurant Lacey WACathyDined on 8/21/2014We continue to go to Ricardo's Restaurant and continue to be impressed by their consistency in service and food quality. Most notable is that Ricardo's will prepare dishes not on the menu if you are in the mood for something outside of their menu offering. They always have and continue to place customer service & satisfaction as one of their priorities. A food critic was dining adjacent to us, and even on her way out she had to stop and praise the staff on both he quality of service and the quality of the food. Kudos to Toni, Adam, and Ryle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place for Special Eventsmal77Dined on 8/20/2014Ten years ago we celebrated our second oldest daughter's birthday here and the other night we did it again. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksBrianDined on 8/18/2014We went to Ricardo’s for our first anniversary dinner. The dry-aged steaks were really good, which I expected for the price and reading other reviews. The ambiance was not as fancy as you'd expect for the prices, but was fine. The entrée sides were also very good (polenta and red potatoes). The bread was very tasty and served with infused olive oil. We were discussing how it would be better with balsamic too and the waiter brought us some right away, which was nice. I wouldn't recommend adding the Caesar salad, as you can get better ones from a bag (which this seemed to have come from based on the machine chopped appearance and bottled dressing).
- Another great evening at Ricardo's!BriMorgan13Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I wanted to go somewhere special but affordable for our wedding anniversary. It was easy to decide, again, on Ricardo's. We booked our reservations seamlessly online, were promptly seated on our arrival and were even served our bread by Rick himself. We are avoiding some carb-rich foods and had to pass on the fabulous pasta and potato options, which we have enjoyed immensely before. We both settled on various cuts of steak and were not disappointed. What a great dining experience, as usual, at Ricardo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres bien!shquietDined on 8/7/2014Delicious food - I did not leave this establishment hungry. Service was attentive, polite, and very accommodating. My only only dilemma was with the very loud "business" men in the dining room. We asked to move to a table outside which allowed us some sun and less "business" talk noise. There is nothing more annoying than some business salesmen talking loudly and cursing in a small dining room. Quite inappropriate and unprofessional on their part. This will not be a deterrent to visiting this fine restaurant again in the future. I am already hoping to invite a friend there for lunch. I wouldn't mind another filet mignon with creme brûlée dessert again soon.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014we had Chateaubriand and it was cooked wonderfully, very tasty.Special Features:
- Could this be Chi,New York or DC.EatingOutagainDined on 7/3/2014Ricardo's is wonderful restaurant anywhere in the country--NY,Chi,LA,DC--all have comparable starred restaurants, We are lucky to have it in Lacey Wa. My table 2 had filet minion w/polenta,one had a steak with truffle butter, I had Lamb two double chops w/risotto. Three of us shared the chocolate soufflé and ice cream. Everyone was very pleased. Waitress knew the menu, knew I had ordered the soufflé when I made the reservation.she didn't hover but came 3xs to ask whether we wanted anything. This is a wonderful restaurant. Worthy of a drive to eat excellent meat entrees.Not for vegetarians. Need a reservation for weekendsSpecial Features:
- Had a happy anniversary dinnerBirthdayPartyDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with châteaubriand. It was perfectly cooked to our specifications. The crust achieved by searing the meat was amazing. This was accompanied by a local Temperanillo. We finished with the chocolajte souffle which is to die for. A great way to cebrate our special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakluv2eatoutDined on 6/15/2014The steaks here are wonderful. I would stick to steaks though. Did not enjoy the seafood pasta dish I ordered. Way too oily. The service was great though. Have been here several times and will be back.Special Features:
- Great like alwaysmal77Dined on 6/12/2014Rick is the best, Service was great and we can't wait to come back. The starters are amazing, so good that they became our meal. The wine list has only the best, great pairings.Special Features:
- amazing experience!foodielover22Dined on 6/6/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary and it was perfect! I don't think I will want to eat another steak again unless it is dry aged. The difference is awesome and very delicious! Water was always refilled and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MissTarynDined on 5/28/2014The service at Ricardo's has hands down always been amazing. The environment is memorable with its beautiful surroundings. Every single time we have been there the service has been wonderful. So attentive and knows there stuff. Must go to this amazing restaraunt. You will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scorch44Dined on 5/27/2014Great experience & great meal. I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden JemaldenDined on 5/27/2014Ricardo's is a hidden gem in set in a more residential type neighborhood. This Purple building with its rustic farm house look was very interesting from the outside and fascinating on the inside. We gave it a 3 and a half enter entre and before our meal. The service was excellent in that they made changes for our children’s picky appetite and my heart healthy diet. My wife had the Peppered Ahi Tuna, which I had a bite of was exquisite as well as my father’s salmon which was the nightly fish. Both were excellently cooked and bursting with flavors that did not obscure the fish. We will definitely return to this hidden gem. After the meal and experience, we gave Ricardo’s, 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 242 reviews are from the Ricardo's Restaurant reviews archive.
- WOW! Great Anniversary Dinner!WeheartfoodDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. The experience was amazing but the Clams Ricardo and the Chateaubriand for 2 was by far the best food we have eaten. We highly highly recommend those specifically. If you are a food lover like we are, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Amazing dinner , the best steak I have had in a ling time. My son is still raving about the pasta dish he order. Thanjs for a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spotluv2eatoutDined on 5/10/2014When asked where I wanted to go for Mothers day this was my choice. We were seated immediately, had a delightful waitress, good wine, our starter was steamed clams & there were awesome. Our steaks were delicious. Nothing to complain about. Enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!wannabefoodieDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I had drove past Ricardo's several times and always said we wanted to check it out. We finally went for dinner to celebrate his birthday and we loved it! I made a request of having a bottle on the table when we got there and it was, perfectly chilled. Our server was perfect! He made sure we had everything we needed and that we were enjoying the food but never "bothered" us. The appetizer flat bread was one of the best we've ever had. And then....the prime rib...oh, baby. It was cooked perfectly! I'm not even a big meat-eater but I devoured my half (and then some). The atmosphere was great, as well. We look forward to coming back and enjoying the outside area next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!HappyDinerDined on 4/5/2014We were looking for something new and tried this place based on the great reviews, and we're not disappointed! Everyone was friendly and helpful, diners were clearly enjoying themselves: loved the attention to detail in the decor. And oh yes, the food was wonderful; we even ate all the bread and we never do that! Topped off by wonderful "mini" desserts and a great wine list. Can't wait to try more of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SupriseLuvagoodsteakDined on 4/4/2014From the moment we walked in we were impressed with the service. Our server, I believe his name was Adam, was excellent. Our food came out so quickly (we were just finishing our salads!). Would like to have seen a turf &surf option as I love steak and shrimp but settled for the Ricardo Filet with crab bearnais which was delicious. Overall a great dining experience. This was our first visit but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experienceDWandWifeDined on 4/1/2014We choose Ricardo's at the last minute to go out for our anniversary and we are so glad we did. We started with Clams Ricardo and a bottle of Chardonnay. The clams were to die for, I could have made a whole meal of them but I'm glad I didn't because it continued to get better. It is difficult to find a good steak and Ricardo's didn't let us down, both were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Birthday NightJAW1958Dined on 3/14/2014The food was very good. The cook on this particular night cooks on rare side. I had requested medium and the steak was medium rare. They had nice speciality drinks and the Malbec by the glass was great. Service was outstanding. Ambience was great easy to have a conversation. They had an outdoor fire pit that would have been nice to visit. Deserts options could be more extensive, very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodRudyVIPDined on 3/8/2014Best steaks in Olypmia area. Terrific happy hour food samplings of main menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommended!IheartdiningDined on 3/7/2014The atmosphere here is very relaxing and laid back. The waitstaff on the two occasions we've dined are very friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, friendly and professional. Both times we ordered the Chateubriand for 2. This steak melts in your mouth! We couldn't believe how good this meal was!! Every bite was delicious. I do recommend ordering it medium-rare. We tried it medium the first time and was a little too cooked at the outer portions for our preference, although the center was perfect. I highly recommend this place and I tell everyone about it. In fact, we already have reservations set and are bringing our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th visitluvgoodfoodDined on 2/28/2014Overall we we're impressed as usual but with that being said it wasn't an A+ as it's been in the past. Minor mixup with my order, the by the glass wine had something to be desired and very unimpressed with the "new" main dish accouterments I.e. risotto and roasted potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRickDined on 2/22/2014Very friendly and comfortable place to dine good interaction with chef and staff along with very good quality food. Best steak I ever had well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ricardo's Restaurant in OlympiaBillDined on 2/15/2014Have been to Ricardo's about a half dozen times. Each time has been a fine experience. Attended Saturday night of Valentine's weekend and the 7:45 reservation was available on our arrival at 7:45. The east dining room was cozy, warm and inviting. Noise level was very low - conversation was not strained in any manner. Food was well prepared and fresh and tasted delicious. Our waitress was perfect - good attention but not overbearing. Would recommend to anyone seeking an upscale dinner in Olympia/Lacey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing valentines dinner!CrissyMDined on 2/15/2014The steak was like none I've ever tasted! Amazing, mouthwatering. Chocolate soufflé is to die for! Wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodluv2eatoutDined on 2/15/2014I am not a steak fan but my husband is. This was one of the reasons we went to Ricardos. I ordered the filet mignon that came with a crab topping and my husband ordered the Rib Eye. They were both spectacular. The waitress was attentive and pleasant even though they were very busy. We were never rushed. Wonderful night outSpecial Features:
- Steak or Special Night favorite!ProjexDined on 2/15/2014I've eaten at Ricardo's on three occasions in the past seven years. This past weekend we celebrated Valentine's Day at the restaurant. I'd made reservations, and we arrived early for our 5:30 table (we are early to bed, early to rise). We were immediately seated, and introduced to their limited menu for the occasion. Due to the expected volume, they limited the options to those quicker to prepare than their usual offerings. After devouring their bread loaf dipped in seasoned oil, our dinner arrived. We were "ahead of the crowd" on this "holiday". My steak with crab topping was delightful, and my partner's chicken was equally perfect. Drinks were delicious, service was fantastic, and the experience matched our tone for the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant suprise....ScottDined on 2/15/2014From the start, we had a great experience. We were not told in advance of the (limited) Valentine's Day menu, but there were more than enough selections to keep us happy. Service was well timed, not rushed. Steaks were prepared perfectly, and the one seafood pasta dish ordered was stellar. Our server was friendly and genuine, the recommended malbec a perfect compliment to the (mostly) rich dishes we ordered. Coffee is outstanding. The only "meh" moment? When my wife was told her selection of bubbly wasn't cold. Really? On Valentine's weekend? Our server brought it in an ice bucket, which was fine, but still, one would think anything with a champagne type cork would be icy. We WILL recommend this place. A real nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty!PamEllaDined on 2/15/2014I had the 6oz. filet mignon with roasted potatoes. The steak was very tender but also extremely salty. I don't know if that was due to the aging process they use (salt based?), but my tongue felt raw by the time I finished. The roasted potatoes were quite dark and most of them were hard, I presume due to over roasting. My husband said his steak was salty too. We sat near the speaker and the music was pretty loud. My husband, who has hearing loss, couldn't hear me over the music so we asked them to turn it down. It didn't seem like they did but as the place filled with people and the noise level grew, I talked louder so didn't notice it so much. We probably won't go back.
- Best Steakhardball7367Dined on 2/14/2014I have had many steaks in the past years and this was by far one of the best. It melts in your mouth. The service was awesome because we actually had 7:45 reservation and I called to see if we could get in early. Even though they were busy the accommodated our request.Special Features:
- Great food, mediorcre servicehondagurl121185Dined on 2/14/2014I had reservations for Valentine's Day. We got to the restaurant a little early, and there was a line almost out the door. The hostess didn't acknowledge us for ten minutes, and we had to keep moving out of the way for diners to have room to go out the door. When we were finally next in line, since my husband was saying something to me and not paying attention to the hostess, a very rude woman that came in after us blurted out, "We have an 8:00 reservation!", then fussed about getting a bottle of wine until she was seated. Once we actually got seated, everything was great- it was the lack of customer service when we were waiting. I understand this is a busy night- hence the reservation! They overbooked, and the customers paid for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why?MODROHOEDined on 2/14/2014The food was decent. The setting was crowded;as far as The layout goes.Special Features: