Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
415 Commonwealth Road
Kelowna, BC V4V 2M4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ricardos.ca/
- Phone: 2507666810
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Scebba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live jazz every Thursday from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Check out the Fundraisers that Ricardo's does for charities every 2-3 months.We will be celebrating 10 years in business with a party on August 20th. Enjoy Live music, door prizes and dancing!
A word from Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
Featuring authentic Italian cuisine in a casual warm setting with impeccable service and attention to detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Kelowna ›
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (80)neighborhood gem (76)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (51)romantic (48)notable wine list (39)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (12)great for lunch (8)scenic view (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Our return visitLeaLeaDined on 9/12/2014We dined as a couple in May and enjoyed it so much we returned in September/2014 to treat our son and girlfriend. We all enjoyed the menu and our choices. The service was very friendly and good. We noticed on our way out that a nice outdoor seating area was also available if we had so chosen. The serving sizes were very generous and presented well. We found food pricing was good but the wine prices higher than most resautarants in the area of the same quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is all the hype?LuvKelownaDined on 9/9/2014We are in town visiting for a few days, and after finding this restaurant on several Top Spots to dine, we made a booking. It is well outside if town, situated next to a trailer park. No view at all. Courtyard kind if nice. Decor inside a bit kitschy. Food ok but not fabulous. I am glad we went...but would not likely visit again. I think the owners are masters at Marketing and getting their site at the top of search engines.Special Features:
- AwesomeDessertQueen1Dined on 9/8/2014I love this place. It is one of my favorite restaurants for ambiance and taste of course. Their chocolate mousse is to die for.Special Features:
- Good ItalianBaldEagleDined on 9/7/2014Lobster pasta and ravioli were excellent. The peach cobbler was good, could have been crisper on top. My wife thought the margarita was excellent. Good choice for the wine list. The staff was one with excellent training, helping each other without being too intrusive. Other restaurants could learn from them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodBthere2Dined on 9/6/2014Unique atmosphere and the patrons all seemed to be having fun. The food was great and the Gorgonzola sauce was delicious. We have been several times and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a treatAlDeepCreekDined on 9/1/2014This has become our favourite restaurant in the Okanagan. Food and wine are terrific and the service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We LOVE Ricardo's - it is our favorite special occasion restaurant. We go back every year for our anniversary (and numerous other times) and are pleased every time. We had a perfect table on the patio by the heaters (even blankets on the chairs if you get cold) overlooking the pond. It was lovely. The food is always outstanding and although my favorite dish wasn't on the menu they still made it for me. We highly recommend Ricardo's and always look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Amazing foodLinwDined on 8/30/2014This was a great find! The online reservation made booking a breeze. The ambiance was great. The food was fantastic. Everyone at the table loved their meal! I would definitely return... This may just become a regular spot for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one concernCashrusDined on 8/30/2014I would highly recommend the food and service however the decor is quite tired.Special Features:
- Great dinner, except for the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014I've been to Ricardo's several times - whenever I pass through Kelowna. The food is great, the service friendly and accommodating, and the prices reasonable. Before this visit, we've sat outside, which is nice. We weren't offered a patio table this time though, and assumed there were no tables there. Only after we were seated and served did we realize we could have asked for a patio table. We would have preferred that because of the extreme noise indoors. On top of a couple of large parties, the music was overly loud, and the pop selections seemed out of keeping with the ambiance. Still, we enjoyed our meals once again. A few suggestions - increase non-meat options, stick to jazz or classical music, and expand the wine-by-the-glass list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fruit flies galore!redbeard77Dined on 8/29/2014Decent food, not as good as last time we visited and being our anniversary, it would have been nice to have the owner come by and thank us for choosing her restaurant for our special day. the owner spent considerable time with a table next to us that was clearly high rollers but we like to go out often too and could have been turned into regulars with a little thank you. we spent 150.00 and both have money to spend, so we like to go out but i guess we left feeling unappreciated and like they could care less if we returned. we were by a window and i have never seen more fruit flies in my life, we both drank one and it stayed on our tongues. funny, but not really. overall disappointed this time around but will try it again down the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails & outstanding foodRwalker130VIPDined on 8/25/2014Excellent and unique craft cocktails and a great menu of fresh, locally-sourced food. Amazing service and a great patio outside adds to the wonderful ambiance. Not a bad place for kids either, early in the evening.Special Features:
- Quaint and funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I made reservations at Ricardo's after hearing about it from family and friends. It is a hidden gem, with lovely ambience, excellent service and a fantastic menu. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- stinky smokers....girlsnightDined on 8/23/2014Hi, I was in last Saturday with 3 other women and overall had a nice dining experience. Good food & the owner has a great sense of humour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddudeDined on 8/22/2014Charming restaurant in a location off the beaten path. Better food and service, and overall value than other regional restaurants on the lake. Drink menu is unique, with specialty infused liquors as an offering. In general, the experience was far better than what was anticipated, as it's in a low traffic area mostly only known to locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary PartyGoodFindDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time at the Ricardo's . It had a great ambience and very European, which we loved. My Dad isn't very fond of eating out... but he really enjoyed the food and evening out. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisemenuDined on 8/21/2014Love going to Ricardo's BUT - they have music playing WAY TOO LOUD - it is quite difficult to sit and listen to it. If it the food was just mediocre we would not go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LuvtodineDined on 8/20/2014It was a great experience overall. Service was good. Food was excellent. Only small complaint was the music sound level. Was dining with my parents and it was too noisy for them to hear conversation. But, we did ask them to turn the speaker closest to us down which did help somewhat. Would return again. Maybe in the summer chose to dine outside.Special Features:
- Our Favourite PlaceLoveRicDined on 8/19/2014Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen has been our go to restaurant for several years. We take all of our out of town company to Ricardo's. the food and, service never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening OutHotMammaDined on 8/18/2014Good food & service. The gnocchi was excellent! Great evening out. This is the restaurants 13th year - they are still going strong & continue to innovate & evolve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely in Lake CountryhappybellyDined on 8/16/2014Five of us went to dinner and everyone left satisfied. Delicious specials, crab was the theme - you could not go wrong. They brought us out a special zucchini flower deep fried with an aioli sauce that was a lovely compliment. We had some lovely local vino that paired nicely with the food. The reason I put noise level to energetic as we are right next door to gated community and a car alarm went off and it set off several other car alarms. That was funny but a little overwhelming. Too bad they didn't have a view being surrounded by lakes.Special Features:
- SusieDined on 8/15/2014Ricardo's never disappoints!! Best service and food, hands downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistent service and food.CARCHVIPDined on 8/15/2014The only thing missing were shears to get through the crab a little easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun RestaurantSandJDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed an evening for 6 friends on the lovely patio. Service was great, and my friends pasta dishes were well received. The inside of the restaurant looked a little dated, but the patio was great, complete with waterfall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLauranna99Dined on 8/9/2014I have gone to this restrauntant for special occasions for several years now & have always found it to be a wonderful experience so I was extremely disappointed to find this wasn't the case on my last visit. The seating,ambiance,food & service were all terrible. The place was too noisy to talk.We were seating right next to the door where we were continuously being bumped by people entering & leaving. The steak was so tiny my husband could eat it in two bites, literally! For the cost of the meal the amount of food supplied was minuscule. A 3oz steak & 2 crab legs for $33! The utensils were defective & when staff were asked for scissors we were told to use the crackers & told"it's crab. That's how you do it" in a condescending manner.Special Features:
- FantasticWestieDined on 8/9/201413 year anniversary crab fest was a success , staff working very hard service was still top notch with full house . Food as usual superb !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first experience at Ricardo's2happydinersDined on 8/9/2014Good experience. Were pleased to be recognized on our 45th anniversary. Food was very good, but the Tortellini with pesto & chicken was very salty. Service was excellent. Unfortunately, it was VERY noisy and was difficult to have a conversation with the couple we were with. Will definitely return, but will try mid-week next time, not a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very consistent excellence!nurseddDined on 8/9/2014I always love dining at Ricardo's! The food is delicious and the service is always great..drinks arrive soon after you are seated, followed by fresh bread. With the addition of local live music, the place is a real gem..not to be overlooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CliffVIPDined on 8/5/2014The restaurant was hot, the chairs uncomfortable and the food mediocre.
- Good Food, Restaurant Needs UpdateOkanaganSavvyDined on 8/4/2014The pasta was great. The ribs were flavourless and dry with very little garnish. Bread to start was wonderful. Our server was very nice. So overall, fairly good food, nice server, spend some money on infrastructure and cleaning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014It was a little warm in the dining room, but food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingEatoutDined on 8/4/2014Great service, good food, very clean, presentation very lovely. This is definitely a place to celebrate special occasions..it was very hot outside, but lovely to hear the sound of the waterfall and see the little pond right there. The dark chocolate mousse is worth the visit on its own!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NightOutDined on 8/3/2014First time visit. Food was delicious and great service. We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited over an hour for foodRobinpDined on 8/2/2014We visited kelowna for the weekend and friends recommended Ricardo's. Even with reservations, we had to wait 20 minutes for a table(although we got the best one). After getting drinks and appies pretty quick, we never saw our waitress again. A group of 8 came in shortly after us and I think our waitress got reassigned to them- but no one took over our table. After waiting an hour & having finished the only drinks we were able to order 45 mins prior,we finally asked a waitress where our food was. After consulting the kitchen, she said ours was next in line (after the table of 8 who was seated well after us). When our food came, it was cold.pretty sure they just forgot about our food until we inquired. How hard can spaghetti and meatballs be?Special Features:
- BJD3Dined on 8/1/2014I would say that the menu is more limited than I would have expected. The price was very high for the amount of food and variety in the plate, although the taste was good. I found the traffic through the doors, and noise, to be very distracting. I would not recommend Ricardo's for a special or romantic meal out, maybe for a large group and just to eat outdoors.Special Features:
- GerimyaDined on 7/31/2014We have frequented this wonderful resterant many times since it is our absolute favorite. All who work there are always friendly and accommodating. Whether we dine as a couple or bring others along everyone totally enjoys the whole experience; most especially the food. If I had to scrounge for one suggestion it would be ''bring back the angel hair pasta and cappalini/veg entre---- we crave it and are so disappointed they are no longer available.Special Features:
- Seafood pasta terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014While the salad was ho hum the seafood pasta & hot olives were terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Quality Food. Poor ServiceAverageDinerDined on 7/28/2014Unfortunately not a place I would recommend. Went to this restaurant on a recommendation. My meal was a lobster pasta combo. On special the evening I was there. Tasted like the meal was cooked in a burnt pan. Charcoal flavour to the pasta. Thought it was me, but had my other members of my party try it. It was horrible. Sent the meal back. The waitress took it back and did not charge our group for my meal. The others in my party did seem to have an okay meal. No visit from the manager to acknowledge the issue, no apology, no apparent concern that they had sent me an inferior meal. Very disappointed as I have heard good things about the restaurant. Will not be returning or recommending to anyone else.
- Service is Tops!OkgirlatheartDined on 7/27/2014We are repeat diners because of their friendly and prompt service plus the offering of an ample Okanagan wines list. A bottle of Gray Monk unoaked Chardonnay was thoroughly enjoyed! We both ordered the special, lobster linguine and although it was cooked to perfection, the sauce had no flavor. I am not one to add seasoning at the table but was thankful for the chili flakes and s&p. One pet peeve I have with outdoor patios with string lights/lanterns - make sure the bulbs are all working!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOkanaganDinerDined on 7/25/2014Our first time at Ricardo's and we had a wonderful meal. The selections and portions were good. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.