Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
415 Commonwealth Road
Kelowna, BC V4V 2M4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ricardos.ca/
- Phone: (250) 766-6810
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Scebba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live jazz every Thursday from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Check out the Fundraisers that Ricardo's does for charities every 2-3 months.We will be celebrating 10 years in business with a party on August 20th. Enjoy Live music, door prizes and dancing!
A word from Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
Featuring authentic Italian cuisine in a casual warm setting with impeccable service and attention to detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Kelowna ›
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (71)fit for foodies (59)great for outdoor dining (57)good for groups (45)romantic (42)notable wine list (35)hot spot (17)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great diningHmcamDined on 11/12/2014Food was superb,first class. Service was great. Good ambience. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Will definatley dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014Love the service, the Malbec, the dinner and the chocolate mousse is a definite 'must'!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014You would be missing out if never enjoyed Ricardo's!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014Really excellent. "Taste of Italy" menu for November is great. Outstanding service, friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Our 2 nd visitHomecookerDined on 11/2/20146 of us had an enjoyable evening, although found it hard to visit because of noise level- Food wasn't as outstanding as our first visit- not hot- Service was very good though-Special Features:
- McFrozenDined on 11/1/2014A fabulous find since purchasing in Lake Country. Great staff, food & wine. The Painted Rock was devine. Have taken many of our guests to be your guests and have never been disappointed. Food is always hot. Haven't had a chance to try the outside yet. Have dropped in on week evenings without reservations and a happy face always greeting us at the door and always accommodating. Your staff of lovely, polite young ladies is our pleasure, as you know, a server can make or break your evening. Please don't go anywhere!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to the airporttrebor10Dined on 10/24/2014We like this neighbourhood spot that is a very friendly family run restaurant serving good Italian food. One of us travels a lot and often arrives early evening at the airport in Kelowna. Rather than drive back to town we head north a short distance and have a quiet dinner and reconnect before heading home. It works well for us. We prefer vegetarian cooking and there are lots of menu choices for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for ItalianSbr2Dined on 10/24/2014This restaurant was recommended by a local. Not the best Italian food I've had but quite good. The desserts were the best part by far. Generous portions but a little over-priced. About 25 min outside of Kelowna.Special Features:
- Date NightblackfrogDined on 10/21/2014We had a wonderful romantic dinner at Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen. The food was spectacular - flavourful without being too bold - and reasonably priced for the quality. This will be a regular spot for us from now on. I still think that the pumpkin chai spice tiramisu was the best dessert I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Ricardo's with good friends, great atmosphere, good wine, and excellent food. Staff were friendly and efficient. One of our favourite spots.Special Features:
- Let's CHANGEHolidayDined on 10/17/2014Service-Exc. Food-Exc. MUSIC TOO LOUD, TABLES ARE ONE ONTOP OF THE OTHER, LET"s Spread them out, Do you Guy's need the money ??????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDisappointedDined on 10/13/2014Seven of us went to Ricardo's to celebrate Thanksgiving and it did not disappoint. A 3 course dinner that everyone enjoyed from starter to dessert.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal with my parentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Ricardo's is a fantastic find! From the welcome to the goodbye we were treated well the whole way through. Given time to read the menus, chat and all drinks requests arrived very quickly. The only thing I would say is that the portions were so big I could barely finish my main. We took dessert home as we didn't want to miss out on the infamous Tiramisu. Loved it!Special Features:
- One of the bestKoliDined on 10/12/2014One of our favorite spots even though it is quite a trip Well done to all at Ricardo'sSpecial Features:
- Ricardo's escape.GlutenfreeDined on 10/12/2014We have been going to Ricardo's for many years and every year they never disappointed. we are a family who need to be strictly Gluten free and they have always been able to take care of us without any issue. Great Restaurant for us as a couple or even the entire family.Special Features:
- Elegant and RelaxingARicardosDevoteeDined on 10/12/2014Ricardo's has a great mix for the elegant dining experience or the relaxing special occasion. The food is consistently cooked to perfection. The staff at Ricardo's want to provide you with a friendly atmosphere and quality food. The staff and management are outstanding and succeed to provide a great dining experience all year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SADLY DISAPPOINTINGJETPILOTDined on 10/5/2014My first visit to Ricardo's in September 2013 was a wonderful experience and we eagerly looked forward our return. We arrived promptly at our reservation time, the table was very comfortable and the restaurant did not appear to be totally occupied. Our wine arrived quickly and orders where placed. The experience thereafter was less than optimum. After waiting for 1 hour and 5 minutes our server finally asked how we were and I politely stated that it would be nice to have the crab-cakes and she clearly gave the impression that this portion of the order was never placed. 15 minutes later I asked about our food, received another blank stare and were finally served. By now the excitement of our visit was gone. We shall not returnSpecial Features:
- devineDined on 10/4/2014We found Ricardo's to be the best restaurant we have dinned at in years. I felt like I must have picked the best meal on the menu. However my husband also said his meal was excellent .I would certainly recommend the restaurant to all . ElaineSpecial Features:
- over ratedNogoodDined on 9/30/2014Drove the half hour based on reviews from others. Won't bother to a second time.Not terrible but certainly not memorable. Food was just Ok and the service less than. Overall disappointing.
- More a pasta house than restaurantkelownadinerDined on 9/27/2014Food was basic, soup special a little gluey, lobster pasta without much character, service was very slow and erratic. Granted, the place was really busy. While I have a very strong constitution and very rarely find any food in any amount disagrees with me, the lobster pasta was definitely off and I spent most of the night ill. Cannot recommend. Other people in our party thought Ricardo's was OK but not worth a return visit.
- Birthday DinnerBestCFDined on 9/27/2014i love this place I go quite often. But this last Saturday was Amazing 13 friends came for a birthday celebration, hands down the best food I have had there yet. The service was perfect. The whole night was great. Great food, best cocktails around. Thx SueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeBestCFDined on 9/12/2014I love visiting Sue and Ricardo, they are so welcoming and nice... Luke makes amazing cocktails and the staff is always friendly and nice.. from dining with friends to sitting at the bar alone the staff and is always great.. the food is tasty and good and the wine list has some hidden gems on it for sure.. Well done see you in a few weeks for my birthday..Special Features:
- Our return visitLeaLeaDined on 9/12/2014We dined as a couple in May and enjoyed it so much we returned in September/2014 to treat our son and girlfriend. We all enjoyed the menu and our choices. The service was very friendly and good. We noticed on our way out that a nice outdoor seating area was also available if we had so chosen. The serving sizes were very generous and presented well. We found food pricing was good but the wine prices higher than most resautarants in the area of the same quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is all the hype?LuvKelownaDined on 9/9/2014We are in town visiting for a few days, and after finding this restaurant on several Top Spots to dine, we made a booking. It is well outside if town, situated next to a trailer park. No view at all. Courtyard kind if nice. Decor inside a bit kitschy. Food ok but not fabulous. I am glad we went...but would not likely visit again. I think the owners are masters at Marketing and getting their site at the top of search engines.Special Features:
- AwesomeDessertQueen1Dined on 9/8/2014I love this place. It is one of my favorite restaurants for ambiance and taste of course. Their chocolate mousse is to die for.Special Features:
- Good ItalianBaldEagleDined on 9/7/2014Lobster pasta and ravioli were excellent. The peach cobbler was good, could have been crisper on top. My wife thought the margarita was excellent. Good choice for the wine list. The staff was one with excellent training, helping each other without being too intrusive. Other restaurants could learn from them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodBthere2Dined on 9/6/2014Unique atmosphere and the patrons all seemed to be having fun. The food was great and the Gorgonzola sauce was delicious. We have been several times and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a treatAlDeepCreekDined on 9/1/2014This has become our favourite restaurant in the Okanagan. Food and wine are terrific and the service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We LOVE Ricardo's - it is our favorite special occasion restaurant. We go back every year for our anniversary (and numerous other times) and are pleased every time. We had a perfect table on the patio by the heaters (even blankets on the chairs if you get cold) overlooking the pond. It was lovely. The food is always outstanding and although my favorite dish wasn't on the menu they still made it for me. We highly recommend Ricardo's and always look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Amazing foodLinwDined on 8/30/2014This was a great find! The online reservation made booking a breeze. The ambiance was great. The food was fantastic. Everyone at the table loved their meal! I would definitely return... This may just become a regular spot for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one concernCashrusDined on 8/30/2014I would highly recommend the food and service however the decor is quite tired.Special Features:
- Great dinner, except for the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014I've been to Ricardo's several times - whenever I pass through Kelowna. The food is great, the service friendly and accommodating, and the prices reasonable. Before this visit, we've sat outside, which is nice. We weren't offered a patio table this time though, and assumed there were no tables there. Only after we were seated and served did we realize we could have asked for a patio table. We would have preferred that because of the extreme noise indoors. On top of a couple of large parties, the music was overly loud, and the pop selections seemed out of keeping with the ambiance. Still, we enjoyed our meals once again. A few suggestions - increase non-meat options, stick to jazz or classical music, and expand the wine-by-the-glass list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fruit flies galore!redbeard77Dined on 8/29/2014Decent food, not as good as last time we visited and being our anniversary, it would have been nice to have the owner come by and thank us for choosing her restaurant for our special day. the owner spent considerable time with a table next to us that was clearly high rollers but we like to go out often too and could have been turned into regulars with a little thank you. we spent 150.00 and both have money to spend, so we like to go out but i guess we left feeling unappreciated and like they could care less if we returned. we were by a window and i have never seen more fruit flies in my life, we both drank one and it stayed on our tongues. funny, but not really. overall disappointed this time around but will try it again down the road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails & outstanding foodRwalker130VIPDined on 8/25/2014Excellent and unique craft cocktails and a great menu of fresh, locally-sourced food. Amazing service and a great patio outside adds to the wonderful ambiance. Not a bad place for kids either, early in the evening.Special Features:
- Quaint and funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I made reservations at Ricardo's after hearing about it from family and friends. It is a hidden gem, with lovely ambience, excellent service and a fantastic menu. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- stinky smokers....girlsnightDined on 8/23/2014Hi, I was in last Saturday with 3 other women and overall had a nice dining experience. Good food & the owner has a great sense of humour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddudeDined on 8/22/2014Charming restaurant in a location off the beaten path. Better food and service, and overall value than other regional restaurants on the lake. Drink menu is unique, with specialty infused liquors as an offering. In general, the experience was far better than what was anticipated, as it's in a low traffic area mostly only known to locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary PartyGoodFindDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time at the Ricardo's . It had a great ambience and very European, which we loved. My Dad isn't very fond of eating out... but he really enjoyed the food and evening out. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisemenuDined on 8/21/2014Love going to Ricardo's BUT - they have music playing WAY TOO LOUD - it is quite difficult to sit and listen to it. If it the food was just mediocre we would not go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LuvtodineDined on 8/20/2014It was a great experience overall. Service was good. Food was excellent. Only small complaint was the music sound level. Was dining with my parents and it was too noisy for them to hear conversation. But, we did ask them to turn the speaker closest to us down which did help somewhat. Would return again. Maybe in the summer chose to dine outside.Special Features: