Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
415 Commonwealth Road
Kelowna, BC V4V 2M4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ricardos.ca/
- Phone: 2507666810
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Scebba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live jazz every Thursday from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Check out the Fundraisers that Ricardo's does for charities every 2-3 months.We will be celebrating 10 years in business with a party on August 20th. Enjoy Live music, door prizes and dancing!
A word from Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
Featuring authentic Italian cuisine in a casual warm setting with impeccable service and attention to detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Kelowna ›
Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (79)special occasion (72)neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (49)romantic (49)notable wine list (42)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great cocktails & outstanding foodRwalker130VIPDined on 8/25/2014Excellent and unique craft cocktails and a great menu of fresh, locally-sourced food. Amazing service and a great patio outside adds to the wonderful ambiance. Not a bad place for kids either, early in the evening.Special Features:
- Quaint and funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I made reservations at Ricardo's after hearing about it from family and friends. It is a hidden gem, with lovely ambience, excellent service and a fantastic menu. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- stinky smokers....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Hi, I was in last Saturday with 3 other women and overall had a nice dining experience. Good food & the owner has a great sense of humour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddudeDined on 8/22/2014Charming restaurant in a location off the beaten path. Better food and service, and overall value than other regional restaurants on the lake. Drink menu is unique, with specialty infused liquors as an offering. In general, the experience was far better than what was anticipated, as it's in a low traffic area mostly only known to locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was my first time at the Ricardo's . It had a great ambience and very European, which we loved. My Dad isn't very fond of eating out... but he really enjoyed the food and evening out. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisemenuDined on 8/21/2014Love going to Ricardo's BUT - they have music playing WAY TOO LOUD - it is quite difficult to sit and listen to it. If it the food was just mediocre we would not go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LuvtodineDined on 8/20/2014It was a great experience overall. Service was good. Food was excellent. Only small complaint was the music sound level. Was dining with my parents and it was too noisy for them to hear conversation. But, we did ask them to turn the speaker closest to us down which did help somewhat. Would return again. Maybe in the summer chose to dine outside.Special Features:
- Our Favourite PlaceLoveRicDined on 8/19/2014Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen has been our go to restaurant for several years. We take all of our out of town company to Ricardo's. the food and, service never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening OutHotMammaDined on 8/18/2014Good food & service. The gnocchi was excellent! Great evening out. This is the restaurants 13th year - they are still going strong & continue to innovate & evolve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely in Lake CountryhappybellyDined on 8/16/2014Five of us went to dinner and everyone left satisfied. Delicious specials, crab was the theme - you could not go wrong. They brought us out a special zucchini flower deep fried with an aioli sauce that was a lovely compliment. We had some lovely local vino that paired nicely with the food. The reason I put noise level to energetic as we are right next door to gated community and a car alarm went off and it set off several other car alarms. That was funny but a little overwhelming. Too bad they didn't have a view being surrounded by lakes.Special Features:
- SusieDined on 8/15/2014Ricardo's never disappoints!! Best service and food, hands downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistent service and food.CARCHVIPDined on 8/15/2014The only thing missing were shears to get through the crab a little easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun RestaurantSandJDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed an evening for 6 friends on the lovely patio. Service was great, and my friends pasta dishes were well received. The inside of the restaurant looked a little dated, but the patio was great, complete with waterfall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLauranna99Dined on 8/9/2014I have gone to this restrauntant for special occasions for several years now & have always found it to be a wonderful experience so I was extremely disappointed to find this wasn't the case on my last visit. The seating,ambiance,food & service were all terrible. The place was too noisy to talk.We were seating right next to the door where we were continuously being bumped by people entering & leaving. The steak was so tiny my husband could eat it in two bites, literally! For the cost of the meal the amount of food supplied was minuscule. A 3oz steak & 2 crab legs for $33! The utensils were defective & when staff were asked for scissors we were told to use the crackers & told"it's crab. That's how you do it" in a condescending manner.Special Features:
- FantasticWestieDined on 8/9/201413 year anniversary crab fest was a success , staff working very hard service was still top notch with full house . Food as usual superb !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first experience at Ricardo's2happydinersDined on 8/9/2014Good experience. Were pleased to be recognized on our 45th anniversary. Food was very good, but the Tortellini with pesto & chicken was very salty. Service was excellent. Unfortunately, it was VERY noisy and was difficult to have a conversation with the couple we were with. Will definitely return, but will try mid-week next time, not a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very consistent excellence!nurseddDined on 8/9/2014I always love dining at Ricardo's! The food is delicious and the service is always great..drinks arrive soon after you are seated, followed by fresh bread. With the addition of local live music, the place is a real gem..not to be overlooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CliffVIPDined on 8/5/2014The restaurant was hot, the chairs uncomfortable and the food mediocre.
- Good Food, Restaurant Needs UpdateOkanaganSavvyDined on 8/4/2014The pasta was great. The ribs were flavourless and dry with very little garnish. Bread to start was wonderful. Our server was very nice. So overall, fairly good food, nice server, spend some money on infrastructure and cleaning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014It was a little warm in the dining room, but food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingEatoutDined on 8/4/2014Great service, good food, very clean, presentation very lovely. This is definitely a place to celebrate special occasions..it was very hot outside, but lovely to hear the sound of the waterfall and see the little pond right there. The dark chocolate mousse is worth the visit on its own!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NightOutDined on 8/3/2014First time visit. Food was delicious and great service. We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited over an hour for foodRobinpDined on 8/2/2014We visited kelowna for the weekend and friends recommended Ricardo's. Even with reservations, we had to wait 20 minutes for a table(although we got the best one). After getting drinks and appies pretty quick, we never saw our waitress again. A group of 8 came in shortly after us and I think our waitress got reassigned to them- but no one took over our table. After waiting an hour & having finished the only drinks we were able to order 45 mins prior,we finally asked a waitress where our food was. After consulting the kitchen, she said ours was next in line (after the table of 8 who was seated well after us). When our food came, it was cold.pretty sure they just forgot about our food until we inquired. How hard can spaghetti and meatballs be?Special Features:
- BJD3Dined on 8/1/2014I would say that the menu is more limited than I would have expected. The price was very high for the amount of food and variety in the plate, although the taste was good. I found the traffic through the doors, and noise, to be very distracting. I would not recommend Ricardo's for a special or romantic meal out, maybe for a large group and just to eat outdoors.Special Features:
- GerimyaDined on 7/31/2014We have frequented this wonderful resterant many times since it is our absolute favorite. All who work there are always friendly and accommodating. Whether we dine as a couple or bring others along everyone totally enjoys the whole experience; most especially the food. If I had to scrounge for one suggestion it would be ''bring back the angel hair pasta and cappalini/veg entre---- we crave it and are so disappointed they are no longer available.Special Features:
- Seafood pasta terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014While the salad was ho hum the seafood pasta & hot olives were terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Quality Food. Poor ServiceAverageDinerDined on 7/28/2014Unfortunately not a place I would recommend. Went to this restaurant on a recommendation. My meal was a lobster pasta combo. On special the evening I was there. Tasted like the meal was cooked in a burnt pan. Charcoal flavour to the pasta. Thought it was me, but had my other members of my party try it. It was horrible. Sent the meal back. The waitress took it back and did not charge our group for my meal. The others in my party did seem to have an okay meal. No visit from the manager to acknowledge the issue, no apology, no apparent concern that they had sent me an inferior meal. Very disappointed as I have heard good things about the restaurant. Will not be returning or recommending to anyone else.
- Service is Tops!OkgirlatheartDined on 7/27/2014We are repeat diners because of their friendly and prompt service plus the offering of an ample Okanagan wines list. A bottle of Gray Monk unoaked Chardonnay was thoroughly enjoyed! We both ordered the special, lobster linguine and although it was cooked to perfection, the sauce had no flavor. I am not one to add seasoning at the table but was thankful for the chili flakes and s&p. One pet peeve I have with outdoor patios with string lights/lanterns - make sure the bulbs are all working!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOkanaganDinerDined on 7/25/2014Our first time at Ricardo's and we had a wonderful meal. The selections and portions were good. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 2014 special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014So enjoyed taking a friend to celebrate her 79th birthday at your restaurant. She had never been there before, we have enjoyed it in the past so all 3 of us benefited!! Thanks so much!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chris ThiessenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014A true hidden gem! If you are in the Kelowna area you must try this place. Great food, fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Right on the airconditioner vent. Seated by window to a outside table, so no privacy at all. Food was okay but nothing special (for the price). Very noisy.
- Welcome to KelownaLovevarietyDined on 7/17/2014This was the first restaurant we visited when we moved to Kelowna. We loved it. Last week we celebrated our 2nd anniversary move to Kelowna. Every thing was excellent except our table was right next to the live music speaker by the entrance to the patio and we could hardly hear each the food was exceptional as was the service Will just ask for a different table next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!sheppeDined on 7/17/2014Great food, great service, and a great atmosphere! This is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- LyleDined on 7/13/2014Love this restaurant! Love the gnocchi! Love the ambiance!Special Features:
- Unhappy and disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We finally made it out to the place after many friends and family members stated that we should try because they had a wonderful experience. Ours was not so great at all. We arrived and were placed in a corner outside, and forgotten about for 22 minutes. meal was less that good, drinks were small and costly. We often dine at Waterfront wines and are always willing to spend great amount of dollars for great food and service. You did not provide that. We were less than impressed.Special Features:
- Jewel in the OkanaganlittlebitofItalyDined on 7/12/2014Ricardo's is a hidden little gem in the Okanagan. The food is great, the atmosphere relaxing, and the staff is friendly and attentive. You will feel like you are in Italy. Their Watermelon Sangria is the perfect thirst quencher on a hot summer night. If you enjoy being spoiled head to Ricardo's where the food is fresh and the wine list is long.Special Features:
- Satisfaction guaranteed.yummmDined on 7/10/2014Ricardo's is our go to place for special occasions -- birthdays, anniversaries, friend gatherings. The food is delicious and the service is exceptional. We always love dining at Ricardo's. Half our family lives in Kelowna, the other half in Vernon -- having Ricardo's in the middle is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jubal808Dined on 7/5/2014The food was good, but not outstanding. The menu was limited. We started with the Brie with roasted garlic and naan bread which we thought was really terrific. The main course of langostini lobster was alright but not something you would talk about the next day. I thought the price of $50 a plate was expensive for what we had. That included a bottle of good wine among 4 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fantasticluvgoodfood67Dined on 7/4/2014The ambiance was perfect for a night to celebrate, and as always the food was great. we werre sat over the air conditioning duct which cause a little discomfort so we blocked it off. The service was very polite and well mannered if a touch slow. All in all an excellent dining experience.Special Features: