Ricardo Ocean Grill
2312 2nd Ave.
New York, NY 10039Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Ricardo Ocean Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ricardooceangrill.com/
- Phone: 2122895858
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Santiago
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Takeout
A word from Ricardo Ocean Grill
Ricardo Ocean Grill is the ultimate expression of chic city-style dining paired with an intimate mise en scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ricardo Ocean Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2013Great restaurant in Harlem! When you're in the mood for a great meal and don't want a long wait, Ricardo Ocean Grill is a great neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2013We had a fantastic night. The food was delicious and the vibe was great. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in East HarlemehgirlDined on 6/17/2013Ricardo's Ocean Grill is an oasis in a changing neighborhood. The wait staff are friendly and polite and attentive. The Mojitos are fantastic. The food was very good, especially the excellent salads. The crowd is a groovy mix and it is lovely to eat inside but feel as if you are outside because of the design of the space. This is a neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomemke721Dined on 6/8/2013I've been to their sister resturant, Ricardos Steakhouse, and was impressed so decided to try the seafood option. The food and service was great...and I will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2013The service was GREAT! The drinks were GREAT! And to our pleasant surprise the food was GREAT as well. It is a small restaurant that will leave you with a huge impression. I will definately be back to try some more of their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny but great qualityCarodjamesDined on 5/12/2013This restaurant is the mini-me of Ricardo's steakhouse. But the quality of the food is definitely on the same level! I took my mother for mother's day and they treated us to chocolate covered strawberries after our dinner. It was busy and the music was a bit loud, but that's not unusual in comparison to Ricardo's steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food makes up for everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We booked a table at Ricardo's ocean grill, but were told upon arrival "something went wrong" with my reservation and we were sent to the other Ricardo's at 110th. They had my phone number yet didn't call but let us come all the way over to tell us to go some place else. I thought that was weird. Anyway, we walked to the other restaurant. It is bigger and the music is louder. Also, I couldnt get the amazing grilled tuna at this restaurant. I have to admit we were a bit grumpy, but when the food arrived and we tasted it, it was all good. Their steak is AMAZING and I am not a red meat lover. My grilled bass was not as good as the tuna, but still very tasty. We are not completely in love with the place, but we ARE in love with the food!Special Features:
- Although the seafood w/inOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2013Although the seafood w/in the entrée seafood taco was fresh, it lacked taste and needed seasoning w/ a dash of lemon. I would return to taste the other entrees.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013Service was superb. Food and drinks were great. My favorite was the appetizer. The calamari was delicious; and as for drink, my fav. hands down was the white sangria. One of the best sangria's I had. The surprise shot at the end was terrific. I must say not only were they attentive, but they made my special occasion even more special. Def a diamond in the rough in terms of neighborhood. Worth a try; highly recommend.Special Features:
- The Sea Bass was divine butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013The Sea Bass was divine but the vegetables that accompanied it were very salty. Very intimate space good for dinner for two.Special Features:
- This is a charming, smallOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2013This is a charming, small restaurant in East Harlem. The service was prompt and attentive, and the food was quite good. I had the signature pasta with seafood in a delicious red sauce. The blue point oysters were excellent. My only complaint was the noise level. Since the restaurant has only about 12 tables, I had hoped it would be a good place for siblings and grown kids to get together for a visit. But it was very hard to hear anyone seated more than 2 spots away. This was compounded by the sounds of the background music (which they did lower somewhat at our request).Special Features:
- The restaurant was small butOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/16/2013The restaurant was small but very charming. The food was amazing and the service attentive. A real find in East Harlem. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- First time and we will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/15/2013Fantastic find. We loved everything about Ricardo's. From the moment we arrived the service was warm and welcoming. The bread was great as were the specialty cocktails (especially the sangria!). I really enjoyed my perfectly cooked salmon entree with mini ravioli and my husband raved about the snapper special. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Food good service good. OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Food good service good. Only issue was the size of the restaurant.Special Features:
- It's smaller than the main,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013It's smaller than the main, but great for a couple.Special Features:
- Great place in East Harlem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013This place is amazing! The food is so good, it is insane. We had grilled salmon, grille tuna and steak and everything was just perfect. Also, the portions are so big, but you keep on eating because it is SOOOO GOOD! East Harlem may not be the first place you want to go to have a nice dinner, but if you do... Go here! Also, the service is great. the people working here are adorable! Even though it sometimes takes a while before you get your main dish, after one bite, you forget about the wait! Great place! Music is kinda loud but not too crazy. Loved it!Special Features:
- Excellent food! I had theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2013Excellent food! I had the scallops with balsamic sauce and may I say that it was fantastic! THe only down side to my experience was the weather, in that it was 18degrees when I went to visit, and there was no warmth in the restaurant. I'm not sure if their heating system was facing any difficulties, but my friend and I froze while eating our dinners that night. Nevertheless, I'd still recommend the food! Definitely, 2 thumbs up!
- This a tiny little spot definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013This a tiny little spot definitely worth visiting. Had great experience. My entree from menu was nondescript, but appetizers and entree special my friend ordered was excellent and definitely saved my opinion of the food. Cocktails weren't that flavorful though. Seems like great place for lunch and weekday dinners, tight fit on weekend nights.Special Features:
- Could this be the beginningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/5/2013Could this be the beginning of the Spanish Harlem renaissance? This is how it happened on the UWS 30+ years ago. First the better restaurants, then the trendy bars. We'll see and in the meantime, we'll be back to Ricardo's.Special Features:
- Had NYE dinner here, the foodYudieVIPDined on 12/31/2012Had NYE dinner here, the food was good and fresh the only drawback is that the space is very small and can get really tight. The staff was very nice, also the dj was surprisingly good!Special Features:
- A little small but everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2012A little small but everything is on point. Waiter is attentive and bartenders are sexy. Oh and the food delish!Special Features:
- Very noisy with loud music.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2012Very noisy with loud music. The meat was good but not outstanding. IT's a good place since there are few steakhouse in the area, but I definitely had better steaks elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great restaurant. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Great restaurant. Great service. Amazing food. Small space but nice for small groups. There for a birthday. Staff went above and beyond to make it special. Looking forward to going back, especially for the clams.Special Features:
- The space is small, but it'sdrjayDined on 11/17/2012The space is small, but it's a great restaurant. Food and service were great, would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood find. LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Great neighborhood find. Loved that I was able to get a downtown feel without the bridge and tunnel crowd.Special Features:
- Salmon, tuna and snapper wereDisappointedVIPDined on 10/18/2012Salmon, tuna and snapper were all prepared and presented well and service was extremely friendly and accommodating. We will definitely go there again. Very relaxed and engaging ambience.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed everythinggoodeatingDined on 9/15/2012Really enjoyed everything we had and very generous portions. Check it out!Special Features: