1665 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ribellebkline.com/
- Phone: 6172322322x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Maslow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Ribelle
Creative cuisine. Professional service. Simple and Beautiful atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Ribelle - Best Restaurants in Brookline ›
Ribelle reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (154)neighborhood gem (120)great for outdoor dining (75)special occasion (68)hot spot (66)notable wine list (51)good for groups (39)vibrant bar scene (36)great for brunch (32)romantic (31)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Never disappointsEllenVIPDined on 9/13/2014A fabulous spot or foodies, especially if your willing to share. The corn polenta is a fantastic dish!Special Features:
- Nice anniversary mealBobDobalinaDined on 9/12/2014Yummy meal: Polenta - (nice twist on the Toro grilled corn with cheese, lime and cilantro); Sesame buns were fine - rigatoni with octopus had a deep burgundy sauce - exactly what I was looking for - rich, roasted tomato flavors with grilled octopus - really played off nicely with the wine (A Barbera blend). Wife had the bolognese with kale and pork rinds - cleaned the plate - the pappardelle was sublime. Desserts of chocolate cake with pretzel crumbs (my fave) and house-made nectarine sorbet with stracchiatella (wife liked the cheese - I thought it was odd texture-wise - kind of stringy clashing with the melt of the beautiful sorbet.) Very friendly service. The restaurant was LOUD! We enjoyed our night out very much.Special Features:
- billchinVIPDined on 9/4/2014we enjoyed the food and it was the first time we were there. we ordered too much. the server suggested two appetizers, one pasta dish and two entrees. we could have skipped the pasta or at least one of the entrees. we will know better next time.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantdinnerVIPDined on 9/3/2014I brought my partner here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary on 9/3/14. The service, food, table, and ambiance were perfect. I live just down the street near Coolidge Corner and this is my third time at Ribelle. I've never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful diningmainelyfoodDined on 8/30/2014Everything we ate was fresh, tasty, interesting (in a good way!) and not over-the-top crazy. No foam, but thoughtful and a little different from the norm. The polenta/corn dish was ethereal... the tomato appetizer with stracciatella and fig was fantastic. One little disappointment was that my husband, a veggie - got the special pasta entree: small portion, uninviting looking and, in the end not up to par with the rest of the menu. Fun wine choices!Special Features:
- relaxing wine brunchkalsterDined on 8/30/2014We sat at a table on their patio, and loved it! Amazing food, great wine, even better company. What more do you need?Special Features:
- such a fun place!jpyogiVIPDined on 8/28/2014we had such a fantastic dinner- everything from the anonymous wine list to the unique menu was so much fun to navigate. and fantastic server too!Special Features:
- Outstanding and unique menuLeonpaDined on 8/27/2014Blown away by the creative and impressively executed dishes, will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time RibelleDJC555VIPDined on 8/26/2014We've dined 3xs.The 1st wowed us, 2nd very pleased & content w/all aspects of the menu,flavors wonderful,quality evident,carefully thought out,beautifully presented/plated & still did not skip a beat. The 3rd time, a BD dinner, was not the charm. We both struggled to find something that we wanted to have from the menu.One appetizer, heirloom tomatoes & buffalo mozzarella, very nice but not incredibly special, main dishes, the chicken w/endive delicious (I failed to find one other thing on the menu that I wanted to order, but was not disappointed) The bad, the steak entree,which my husband's ordered as a default unable to locate anything else on the menu other than my chicken. It was tough, we turned it back. Olive-oil ice cream after taste.Special Features:
- Perfect brunchKcfqDined on 8/24/2014Rebelle executes the ordinary in an extraordinary way. Our last minute late Sunday brunch was elegant and low key. It is a casual restaurant, but in no way sloppy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MaryTVIPDined on 8/23/2014One of the very best restaurants I have ever been to with just amazing food. The menu was unusual, complex, while absolutely delicious. I truly can't decide which dish was most delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- TheMaestroDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good. The lamb neck was very well cooked, however, I felt there was a few too many flavors in there, but otherwise an excellent meal. Staff was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Loved itJulieVIPDined on 8/22/2014At first thought the menu was a bit too funky, but loved it! Loved the choice of Rose wines, the sharing of plates, and loved the Bolognese and the play on the Caprese salad. Will come back to try the rest of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three for threeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014We've been to Ribelle three times in the past month or so and have never been disappointed. The service is fantastic. We've had a different server each time and all have been enthusiastic and very knowledgable about the food and wine. The cocktail list and menu change frequently. Highlights have been the sesame buns, tomato salad, polenta, lamb and papardelle.Special Features:
- over-rated, don't bother goingFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was mediocre yet the noise level is off-the-charts! Luckily, I got to sit outside so I could hear my friend speak. I found it pretentious that, instead of listing the wines, they listed a description. The waiter told us "if you had seen the wine on the menu, you wouldn't have ordered it". Well, pretty snooty, if you ask me!! It's allegedly the "it" place to go but, don't bother. Check out Barcelona across the street for a better experience.
- Excellent experienceCharleneVIPDined on 8/19/2014Ribelle opened a month after my husband and I moved from Brookline to Boston, so we've been waiting awhile to try it. The anticipation was certainly deserved as our experience was excellent. The service was friendly and helpful, and the food was outstanding. We will definitely be looking for an excuse to come to Brookline again soon!Special Features:
- A delightful eveningmikeDined on 8/18/2014Ribelle certainly has its own style, with a short, simple menu of interesting dishes and a set of wines-by-the-glass that are identified on the menu only by tasting note. (The wines by the bottle menu is more traditional). Each of dishes were nicely prepared, well presented and very tasty. The waitstaff works as a team and is very attentive. My only negative is that the air conditioning was quite chilly when we arrived, but it warmed up after a while.Special Features:
- BrunchJojogo1VIPDined on 8/17/2014This review is for brunch only. Was really looking forward to this after reading the reviews. We sat outside which was nice. The menu is very limited. Do not go expecting to be able to get an omlette. A lot of emphasis on bread in all the dishes. Very heavy food. Salty. Weak drinks. Sorry , but much better brunches around.Special Features:
- Wonderful new restaurantFoodie525Dined on 8/17/2014It's about time that we have a really good restaurant with creative, well-executed food in the neighborhood. Nice not to have to always head to Cambridge or the South End. Brunch was excellent - a word I rarely use in reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantNowheatnomeatDined on 8/16/2014Salads were delicious, but the recommended lobster fra diovolo was tasteless, a thick brown glutinous sauce that masked any taste of lobster. (Shakes my confidence in the wait staff that they would recommend such an unsuccessful dish.) Friendly family atmosphere, the place was full of families with babies and young children.Special Features:
- Open-minded = amazing mealSteelers4LifeDined on 8/15/2014I've been to Ribelle 3 times, and each time I'm blown away by the food. It's creative and the flavor profiles, although Italian-based, really span the whole world. Portion sizes vary, but emphasis is on flavor/quality. Their pastas are all hand-made and you can really taste it. You should order anything they do with octopus. Although there can be a wait, they have you wait in front of the open kitchen which is the best place to stand. This is not necessarily a place to go if you are craving some specific dish (unless it's on their menu). If you want some of the most creative and flavorful food, this is the place for you. Don't be put off if you don't recognize the ingredients, just ask the server...a little education never hurt anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Ambience, not so much.ShaynaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Ate here for the first time Friday night. Despite reservations, we waited about 15 minutes for a table. But hubby and I enjoyed watching the food prep in the open kitchen. Once seated, we were struck by how deafeningly loud the noise was. We could barely hear each other across a relatively small table. However, the food itself was yummy. We shared a sulami plate and the bread and caponata dish for starters. Fabulous caponata. We were fairly full at that point, but managed to share an order of polenta and corn, also excellent. For dessert we ordered the olive oil ice cream. So so. They then surprised us bringing chocolate cake with a candle for my birthday! Nice touch! But the noise level will keep us from being regulars here.Special Features:
- Great food, great service, too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Keep up the good work. Outstanding food and service. Too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalBoyDined on 8/11/2014Expectations were high given the hype about Ribelle. I was pleasantly surprised: the flavors were interesting and the cocktails were outstanding. Give it a shot!Special Features:
- OutstandingThecakeninjaDined on 8/10/2014Just had dinner here for the first time after hearing good things from a lot of friends. The hype is all true. The food was incredible! I want to go back ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewtonDined on 8/9/2014Food was delicious and very interesting....but limited options and very limited wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGminerDined on 8/8/2014First time here. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about their menu. Every item we had was delicious. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Everything about Ribelle was top notch. From the way the menu was laid out to the cocktails to the wine list to the INCREDIBLE food!! Could not have asked for more for a dinner with old friends who love to eat and drink. Thanks!Special Features:
- Exceptional food and serviceBergamotDined on 8/2/2014Tried the sea bass with carrots and hemp - unusual and tasty. Generally we like the food, imaginative, local, and healthy combinations. And our service was attentive and considerate and knowledgeable, even genial. The portions are modest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RibellesushiVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was good, however some of the dishes the sauce was fighting with the food. It felt as if the chef was trying too hard.Special Features:
- DisappointedfoodieDined on 7/30/2014A fan of Tim Maslow since he transformed Strip T's, I was eager to experience Ribelle. The noise level makes it impossible to have a sustained conversation unless you are sitting outdoors Beyond the accommodating hostess, the service was abysmal-it took over 10 minutes for one very basic cocktail to arrive and 45 minutes for one shared appetizer to arrive for the two of us. The polenta/summer corn app and chicken entree were good; the lamb cheek an interesting preparation but so fatty that it lost appeal. There are many great eateries in this neighborhood-nothing special that would bring me back to Ribelle very quickly. Perhaps I'm showing my age by desiring good food AND the chance for conversation when I dine out.
- The food was excellentjodiebasketDined on 7/27/2014We really enjoyed the restaurant. We loved the unusual menu. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food &knowledgeable staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Our server was extremely knowledgeable and answered all of our questions in great detail. Their wine list was comprehensive although I had two cocktails and they were quite tasty. For 4 people we spent about $300, so it's expensive if you get 3 small plates, 3 entrees, 2 desserts and each person has 2 drinks. Nevertheless, it was a worthy dining experience.Special Features:
- Unusual, uniformly excellent foodBigEaterDined on 7/27/2014Consistently outstanding food! Service is so-so, but the food more than makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Had a BlastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2014We had a fantastic family dinner at Ribelle. The mood was relaxed and fun. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful and we felt encouraged to ask questions and explore all that the diverse menu had to offer. All pasta dishes were beautifully cooked and flavorful, fish was fresh and tasty and desserts were creative and delicious. We also enjoyed the varied cocktail and wine lists. We will look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimGDined on 7/20/2014Very much enjoyed the dining experience. One point, on the day that we ate at Ribelle, I received an email from OT that my reservation had been cancelled. I then called Ribelle and was assured that our reservation was still valid. Not sure what had happened.Special Features:
- Wash sq gemscooterrDined on 7/19/2014A neighborhood gem that is fit for foodies. It has great food and great service. The drink menu is just as interesting as the food menu.Special Features:
- Creatively over the topSwinkieDined on 7/19/2014I appreciate the uniqueness of the menu, but many of the descriptions were unfamiliar to both my husband and me. Sometimes less is more and I felt that was true in terms of ingredients. Dessert was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ribelle brunchbrooklinebabushkaVIPDined on 7/19/2014we ate outside for brunch. food was good, decent portions. truffle toast and smoked fish platter particularly tasty.Special Features:
- Worth a visit. Fun menu.FoodnerdDined on 7/17/2014Found out about these guys at Cochon and have been dying to check it out. My wife and I split four small plates; Sicilian bread with caponata and pinenuts. Sprout salad with salty sea feta and sumac butter. Rigatoni with octopus, fennel and smoked tomato. Broccoli with porchetta, onion and pistachio. Sprout salad was off the charts and the broccoli with porchetta was outstanding. Service was excellent and I would recommend Ribelle for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.