1665 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ribellebkline.com/
- Phone: 6172322322x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Maslow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Ribelle
Creative cuisine. Professional service. Simple and Beautiful atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Ribelle - Best Restaurants in Brookline ›
Ribelle reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (157)neighborhood gem (117)hot spot (71)special occasion (67)great for outdoor dining (65)notable wine list (45)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (37)great for brunch (34)romantic (31)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- foodie brunch menu missesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014A little too foodie even for a foodie... some basics mixed in with the hip food would have made this a win. We had five people in our party and each of us had a hard time picking an item that we were completely happy with. Too much squid ink, kale, oyster, miso mixed into breakfast ingredients for our tasts
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great style, service, food and cocktails. Will enjoy coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGiannetta1Dined on 10/15/2014Excellent service. Excellent food. Responsive wait staff - I asked for a relatively quiet table (on line) and they gave what was the best probability in an increasingly loud room as the restaurant filled. Our reservation was @ 6:00. Will return to try other dishes.Special Features:
- treatsnsnoozinVIPDined on 10/12/2014Delicious dinner! Have been looking forward to trying Ribelle and now look forward to returning for their ever changing menu. Our appetizer and entrees were all very flavorful and fun. I enjoyed their wine menu listed by flavor profile. Service was excellent all around. The only thing we didn't love was the olive oil ice cream - I think it was very well done but the flavor just wasn't right for us. Wasn't a big deal, we were glad to have tried it - but they took it off our bill because we didn't enjoy it as we should have! Will definitely go back just for that kind gesture. Highly recommend checking the place out.Special Features:
- Limited men, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I thought I was eating at a traditional Italian restaurant, so I was surprised by the Asian influences. The menu is very limited, but the highlight for us was the scallop dish at a hefty $30+ price point. The food was decent overall, but some of the weird Asian ingredients (nori, egg custard) I could have done without. Not really my type of food. The desserts were also fantastic (the olive oil ice cream that the chocolate cake). The service was not overly attentive although they regularly filled out waters. The cocktails took a while to get- 10+ minutes for our initial round, but they were pretty good. Dr. Know was my fave. Overall, after getting the bill ($300+ for a party of 4), I'd probably skip this place next time.Special Features:
- dysmalHonestyBestPolicyDined on 10/12/2014i made reservations for brunch at 2 p.m for 6 people, and was told that the kitchen stops serving at 3. there should have been a warning before, since it seemed that the service was rushed. there were less than a dozen patrons and at least 5 inattentive servers who began cleaning mid meal and it was a struggle to order simple items such as salt and pepper, or another glass of wine. lastly, since we had to pre-order to be mindful for the kitchen, a bagel with lox which we believed had been forgotten came at the same time as our donut order. very discombobulated, disappointing and not worth another visit. the kitchen is the only redeeming quality, but the staff and servers are detrimental to the place.Special Features:
- GoodtnsforeverDined on 10/11/2014The food was on the saltier side but overall it was good. Sesame buns are highly recommended. Disappointed with wait staff who splashed broth all over the table in addition to my sister's dress shirt. No apologies from the waiter or manager; they ignored the whole situation. My girlfriend went there a few weeks ago and said she saw two of the chefs using the same spoon to sample and serve food. She called to complain and I think it worked as I did not notice the chefs doing this on my visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celiac FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Great meal & the staff was extremely accommodating to my need for a gluten free meal. Did not feel like I was missing out on anything. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- live up to the hypedinindocDined on 10/4/2014Really enjoyed my first experience here. Nice, eclectic menu was pasta and veggie heavy, which was good. loved the pasta medallions with almond and chanterelles! Great Flavors. The octopus Rigatoni was good as well, the pasta was great, the octopus was good, maybe I was spoiled by a recent trip to Barcelona where the octopus was amazing. Not a huge enophile, so I really enjoyed the wine descriptions, and the choices were great. Loved the Shiraz they brought us, matched the description well.Special Features:
- Great findCastelmar2Dined on 10/4/2014A bit of a hike from downtown Boston but completely worth it. I had the parmesan biscuits with bolognese and eggs, simple but well executed and flavorful. The cinammon roll is a must. Excellent coffee.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceFoodie1Dined on 10/3/2014We walked into a very noisy, cramped restaurant. While waiting for our table, they have you stand near the bathroom. Awful!! The food was nothing to remember. I had the scallops, which were good. My husband had the chicken which comes out luke warm. Which the menu does not specify. I have tried many great restaurants in Boston. Definitely will not go back!!Special Features:
- I don't get it...1D0404Dined on 10/3/2014We started with the wines by the glass list. Who thought it would be a good idea to not mention the type of grape and producer? Argh! I don't want to rely on my server's taste. Though the glass he suggested was good, the description would have never led me to order it. What may I have enjoyed even more if I had known what they were?! I tried the duck ravioli and apple/mozzarella apps. The apples were tasty, but there was only the barest hint of cheese. The raviolis were good. I also had the scallop entree -- nicely cooked and the portion was good. Conversation was a challenge due to the noise We could barely hear the server. My dining partner summed it up perfectly... If I'm in the area, I might return, but I won't make a special trip.
- Always a great time!haleyrose84Dined on 9/28/2014Came here for a big family dinner (9 of us!) and the quality of the food & service never wavered. Our server, Andrew, was extremely helpful in making suggestions for what dishes to order, and Theresa, the sommelier, had great wine recommendations. Every time I dine at ribelle, I have a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- LoudneighborhooddinerDined on 9/28/2014TOO loud, overshadowing and obscuring other good aspects.Special Features:
- food too saltybostonbostonVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had a dinner for four people, and everyone's food was way over-salted.
- NJoyDined on 9/26/2014AWESOME!!!!! Undeniably the most unique and DELICIOUS (in a "Post-Modern" way) dining experience I have ever had!! It belongs on everyone's bucket list! Don't miss out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebration!MarmouraDined on 9/25/2014Ribelle made getting old fun (and super-delicious) in the company of close friends. The food was very imaginative and great for sharing. All agreed! Not nuts about the peach sorbet confection, but all else exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A date FavoriteHappyDinersDined on 9/23/2014We sat at the bar. Had an incredible time. Took full advice from Sean the bartender. He started with his shaken magic, directed towards a stunning bottle of pink bubbles and even ordered for us. Trust this guy, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place in BrooklineolgeDined on 9/20/2014A gem in Brrokline, with reasonable prices. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014Really good food! Bright flavors, good balance of acid and savory on rigatoni c octopus and fennel salad (the octopus was also very tender!). Tomatoes with stracciatella nice, light and summery. I was told that the menu changes daily depending upon what is fresh and available locally, so the dishes may change, but I suspect practically everything will still taste great. I liked the way the wine list is done . . . 3 categories (white, red, pink) with 3 wines listed/described, without naming grape or vender; this is much less intimidating and more accessible. The only real problem is value. They did offer an early prix-fixe diner of 3 dishes for $35, but I was barely full after 3 small plates and dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing food, but way too loud!skpbostonDined on 9/20/2014We went out for dinner with friends, 7 total. It was almost impossible to have a conversation, except to exchange a few words with the person sitting right next to me. The food was excellent, but sadly I won't be dining there again due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Ribellissimo!!HeatherfeatherVIPDined on 9/20/2014Tim Maslow is the master of perfect texture in his food- from perfectly cooked pasta, to the subtle crunch of dried cheese in jusxtaposition with softer greens and pasta. We enjoyed every bite. Also- superb wine list courtesy of Theresa Paopao, who never disappoints, and very attentive, very professional and fun service. Thank you for a very memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a celebration!drrobDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and it was simply terrific. Very attentive service with an interesting and delicious menu. The food was well prepared and paced well, and some unique wines with which to accompany the meal. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Different and yumTanGDined on 9/20/2014Different menu every day. Fantastic quality. Waitstaff were very descriptive and engaging. Treated the whole group well.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 9/19/2014Clearly focused on eclectic over hearty..............limited mix of small plates, pastas and about 5 entrees. Definitely worth dining at if interested in a foodie type experience but not for a filling meal. Our server was excellent.............the place was busy and definitely on the noisy side.Special Features:
- Never disappointsEllenVIPDined on 9/13/2014A fabulous spot or foodies, especially if your willing to share. The corn polenta is a fantastic dish!Special Features:
- Nice anniversary mealBobDobalinaDined on 9/12/2014Yummy meal: Polenta - (nice twist on the Toro grilled corn with cheese, lime and cilantro); Sesame buns were fine - rigatoni with octopus had a deep burgundy sauce - exactly what I was looking for - rich, roasted tomato flavors with grilled octopus - really played off nicely with the wine (A Barbera blend). Wife had the bolognese with kale and pork rinds - cleaned the plate - the pappardelle was sublime. Desserts of chocolate cake with pretzel crumbs (my fave) and house-made nectarine sorbet with stracchiatella (wife liked the cheese - I thought it was odd texture-wise - kind of stringy clashing with the melt of the beautiful sorbet.) Very friendly service. The restaurant was LOUD! We enjoyed our night out very much.Special Features:
- billchinVIPDined on 9/4/2014we enjoyed the food and it was the first time we were there. we ordered too much. the server suggested two appetizers, one pasta dish and two entrees. we could have skipped the pasta or at least one of the entrees. we will know better next time.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantdinnerVIPDined on 9/3/2014I brought my partner here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary on 9/3/14. The service, food, table, and ambiance were perfect. I live just down the street near Coolidge Corner and this is my third time at Ribelle. I've never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful diningmainelyfoodDined on 8/30/2014Everything we ate was fresh, tasty, interesting (in a good way!) and not over-the-top crazy. No foam, but thoughtful and a little different from the norm. The polenta/corn dish was ethereal... the tomato appetizer with stracciatella and fig was fantastic. One little disappointment was that my husband, a veggie - got the special pasta entree: small portion, uninviting looking and, in the end not up to par with the rest of the menu. Fun wine choices!Special Features:
- relaxing wine brunchkalsterDined on 8/30/2014We sat at a table on their patio, and loved it! Amazing food, great wine, even better company. What more do you need?Special Features:
- such a fun place!jpyogiVIPDined on 8/28/2014we had such a fantastic dinner- everything from the anonymous wine list to the unique menu was so much fun to navigate. and fantastic server too!Special Features:
- Outstanding and unique menuLeonpaDined on 8/27/2014Blown away by the creative and impressively executed dishes, will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time RibelleDJC555VIPDined on 8/26/2014We've dined 3xs.The 1st wowed us, 2nd very pleased & content w/all aspects of the menu,flavors wonderful,quality evident,carefully thought out,beautifully presented/plated & still did not skip a beat. The 3rd time, a BD dinner, was not the charm. We both struggled to find something that we wanted to have from the menu.One appetizer, heirloom tomatoes & buffalo mozzarella, very nice but not incredibly special, main dishes, the chicken w/endive delicious (I failed to find one other thing on the menu that I wanted to order, but was not disappointed) The bad, the steak entree,which my husband's ordered as a default unable to locate anything else on the menu other than my chicken. It was tough, we turned it back. Olive-oil ice cream after taste.Special Features:
- Perfect brunchKcfqDined on 8/24/2014Rebelle executes the ordinary in an extraordinary way. Our last minute late Sunday brunch was elegant and low key. It is a casual restaurant, but in no way sloppy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MaryTVIPDined on 8/23/2014One of the very best restaurants I have ever been to with just amazing food. The menu was unusual, complex, while absolutely delicious. I truly can't decide which dish was most delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- TheMaestroDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good. The lamb neck was very well cooked, however, I felt there was a few too many flavors in there, but otherwise an excellent meal. Staff was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Loved itJulieVIPDined on 8/22/2014At first thought the menu was a bit too funky, but loved it! Loved the choice of Rose wines, the sharing of plates, and loved the Bolognese and the play on the Caprese salad. Will come back to try the rest of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three for threeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014We've been to Ribelle three times in the past month or so and have never been disappointed. The service is fantastic. We've had a different server each time and all have been enthusiastic and very knowledgable about the food and wine. The cocktail list and menu change frequently. Highlights have been the sesame buns, tomato salad, polenta, lamb and papardelle.Special Features:
- over-rated, don't bother goingFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was mediocre yet the noise level is off-the-charts! Luckily, I got to sit outside so I could hear my friend speak. I found it pretentious that, instead of listing the wines, they listed a description. The waiter told us "if you had seen the wine on the menu, you wouldn't have ordered it". Well, pretty snooty, if you ask me!! It's allegedly the "it" place to go but, don't bother. Check out Barcelona across the street for a better experience.