48 East 12th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ribaltapizzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127777781
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: Noon - Midnight; Friday-Saturday: Noon - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Come and enjoy us every 29th of the month for all you can eat gnocchi! Ladies' Night. Every Wednesday from 8PM to closing unlimited wine with any entree! No limit Pizza Sundays from 6pm to 11pm, try all pizzas for one low all you can eat price!
A word from Ribalta Pizza
Leading Ribalta is a pizza dream team who have already made their reputation in New York City's pizza world and are dedicated to providing the most delicious, fun, and truly Neapolitan pizza experience in the city: Rosario Procino, former founder of Keste pizzeria, and Chef Pasquale Cozzolino, former Executive Chef at Dellaroccos in Brooklyn Heights and Pizza Arte. For Procino and Cozzolino, Neapolitan pizza is more than a method of making pizza that’s taught in Naples. It’s a complete dining experience that’s reflective of the Italian city’s rich, unique and vibrant culture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ribalta Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good go-to!at0313Dined on 10/18/2014Cool modern ambiance. Good food although I found the calzone a bit salty. Waiter was great and every attentive. Overall good, go-to neighborhood gem for pizza
- Best pizza in NYCDocGourmandVIPDined on 10/17/2014Probably the best pizza you will find in all the US, to be honest. The next closest pizza this good requires a flight to Naples. Creative cocktails, friendly service and a fun neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousdeliciousnessDined on 10/11/2014Went with friends for a birthday outing this weekend. We had to wait about 10 minutes for our table to open up, but the food was delicious!! Good to share or get your own..we had salad, pizza, pasta and some apps, everything was great.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Most authentic brick oven Neapolitan pizza in NY. Eggplant appetizer and meatballs are perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsMarianneDined on 10/7/2014This is my second visit to Ribalta Pizza. It was recommended to me by a friend. We had lunch here and I decided to arrange to have dinner here. The service is great, very tentative, but definitely overbearing. The food is great, nominal portions. Just the right size. I would definitely recommend Ribalta for their italian food. Very fresh and tasty. Their pizza is great too! Kid friendly as well. Come one, come all and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & EasyjskonycDined on 9/17/2014This restaurant is a good find for dining on a budget but seeking a fun and hip ambiance. Good for a date or a group. Food was good but the techno-y ambient music was a bit too loud for having conversations comfortably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findGabroDined on 9/15/2014This place is one you'd pass by without even realizing the awesomeness within! I had an event to attend nearby this restaurant & needed to take 7 industry associates to dinner before the event. I gave it a whirl & made a reservation here. I'm so glad I did! Not only is it a cool place (great decor & layout) but the food was tremendous & our waiter was on his game. I will go back for work, fun & everything in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza, great serviceSeattledinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014They do the Neapolitan style thin crust wood fired pizza here . Service was excellent. The Negronis were excellent. A reasonably priced wine list as well. Our plane arrived late, so we needed someplace close by where we could get a bite at 10:30 PM. This was ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food marred by poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/3/2014The Upside: We had a mix of pizzas and pastas and all were very tasty. They were also a good place for our group of 8 and we never felt rushed, but that may have been because they sometime forgot about us. The Downside: Unfortunately, the service here was really lackluster. While the staff was nice, they just did not have their act together. They forgot multiple orders -- including my entree for about half of the mealtime and several drink orders. I had to remind them two more times before they finally cooked my pasta.
- SabySabarellaDined on 8/27/2014They make the best pizza! If you want better pizza, go to JFK & get on a flight to Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!willtwolivDined on 8/20/2014Went here for a mom's night out with one close friend. Found the restaurant to have a fun and vibrant space. Very attentive staff and we were greeted and seated promptly. We ordered the meatballs appetizer and a personal pizza. Both were very good and they used fresh ingredients. I felt that the prices were very reasonable price for a NYC restaurant. Would definitely go back if I'm on the east side again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaGFfoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great pizza place with fun and interesting combinations. The American pizza with fries and hot dogs is actually kind of awesome. The gluten free pizza here is pretty lacking though. It could definitely use an upgrade, it's not nearly as good as their normal pizza is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pizza outside of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014This is the closest you will come to eating authentic, brick oven Neapolitan pizza. I have been to Italy and had the best pizza in Naples. The pizza at Ribalta is by far the best pizza I have had outside of Italy. Authentic and simply delicious. All is fresh and perfect. The eggplant parm app is light and delicious. The staff is from naples and doesn't disappoint. If you're looking to watch a soccer game this is the place to be. The crowd and ambiance is energetic. The projector screen is awesome. Makes me feel like I'm in Italy when I'm there. A lot of Italians visiting come to Ribalta for a taste of home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Md143Dined on 8/4/2014We loved our Ribalta experience! My friends thanked me for turning them on to fab new neighborhood place. Good service, AWESOME PIZZA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pizza you ever had!DrDanDined on 8/4/2014It's crazy how good the palla pizza is! If you can go, go! Go now! I love pizza and I have my own top list in nyc, but this is the best I have ever eaten!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza, Great LocationJessLovesNYDined on 8/1/2014Came here on a Friday night with two girlfriends for a girls night dinner. The location was great, close to the Union Square subway stop. I would best describe the ambiance as being a chic pizza place. They had a great Italian and pizza focused menu, with upbeat lounge type music playing. We split an order of the meatballs, one Norma pizza with eggplant and cherry tomatoes, and one pizza with ricotta, mozzarella and prosciutto. All was great, will certainly be back.Special Features:
- good foodATravellerDined on 7/27/2014The pizza was very good. We tried both crusts. The napolitano was better. The service was great. We had a late arrival in our group and they waited patiently to ask for our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find.LJLdinerDined on 7/24/2014In a busy Union Square neighborhood, where the typical restaurant can be noisy and crowded, it was refreshing to find a place where you could have a conversation and enjoy great food and a lovely ambience at the same time. Large servings, good service and some of the best pizza in the City. I definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall experienceLunamonkeyfoodloverDined on 7/13/2014Went to watch the world cup final. Excluding the fact that we had to share a very large table with people we didnt know (line seating due to the event), the experience was great. the staff was energetic and uplifting. It was really fun to watch the game here. Would definitely return for brunch or dinner, all the pizzas we tried tasted terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribalta is a favorite of oursWiseOwlDined on 7/6/2014The pizza is really excellent and the freedom to "build your own pie" is great! On our most recent visit a friend and I tried the salmon with grilled vegetables, also excellent. The portions are generous, service is friendly and efficient and the decor is sort of "old" New York with the open oven and high sealings, lovely. I keep coming back with different guests and there has never been the slightest complaint, only compliments and a desire to return.Special Features:
- Great Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The pizza was delicious! The wait staff was friendly and attentive. It was a bit noisy, but that's because they were broadcasting the world cup - not sure how the noise level is on a typical day. Regardless, I would definitely recommend if you're looking for good pizza.Special Features:
- The following 123 reviews are from the Ribalta Pizza reviews archive.
- Authentic Neapolitan pizza!joserVIPDined on 6/27/2014Authentic Neapolitan pizza! We visit this restaurant every time we come to New York City. Try their pizza pala .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neapolitan !JLJoVIPDined on 6/27/2014Nice bright space , vibrant atmosphere , great helpful staff . Wonderfully sourced ingredients are great on Neapolitan pizzas & dishes !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMikeyVADined on 5/12/2014I found out about this place on Open Table. I went with my parents over Mother's Day weekend. My father is a vegetarian and didn't have any issue finding food. The pizza reminded me of pizza that you can find in Italy.Special Features:
- CREDIT CARDS NOT TAKENOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014THEY DIDN'T TAKE CREDIT CARDS THE NIGHT WE WERE THERE... DON'T KNOW WHY. THEY DID INFORM US ON THE WAY IN, BEFORE WE WERE SEATED... GREAT PIZZAS... PRICY...
- Awesome pizza!JerseyDoug59VIPDined on 5/8/2014Had dinner here before going to a show at Webster Hall and, I have to say, I enjoyed one of the best pizza's I've ever had: Capricciosa-mushrooms, prosciutto,artichokes & olives. The crust was just the right combination of chewy, crusty and slightly charred. The pie looked too large to finish when it first came out but, not only did I eat the whole thing, I was wishing ther was more. Service was friendly and attentive and the room is bright and airy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice place for a dinnerMariecacoonDined on 5/3/2014The pizzas were Gorgeous. The waiters were very kind and polite. The restaurant is a Design place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014I love this place and go often with my husband, but it is also great for big groups! The waiters are very nice and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious.ckgrl930Dined on 4/19/2014Ribalta was recommended by Thrillist and I decided to give it a shot. Four of us dined on salad, appetizer, two pizzas and two desserts. Everything was outstanding. The Palo Pizza was divine - really divine. The tiramisu and the almond cake were perfect and the service was wonderful. They don't rush you, you can sit as long as you like which is refreshing in NYC where everyone is trying to get you in and out as quick as possible. I will say in that same breath, it took effort to get their attention for more wine because they were trying to leave us alone but it was not enough to bother us. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vera Pizza at its finestRibaltaDined on 4/19/2014A break from the traditional NY Pizza- which I could literally eat every day of my life. The service was stellar, the food even better, and it was a cool vibe. Like ducking into an authentic bar and pizza place in Italy and then jumping back into beautiful Grennwich Village.Special Features:
- Unique modern italian pizzaMatthewNeilDined on 4/14/2014This place had a large space and a modern decor feel. The service was quick and the pizza was very good. My only critique would be the price. $2.00 for some veggie toppings and a $10 glass of wine gave me a $100 bill by the time I left (for 2 people). My suggestion would be be prepared to spend a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, bad music ruined the mealSamanakDined on 3/29/2014Had it not been for the noise level, I would have given this restaurant a better review. The service and food were excellent. The place had been recommended by Italians and the pizza was indeed authentically Neapolitan. The problem was with the music. First, it was so loud that I had to shout at the person sitting beside me to carry a conversation. Second, we went on a Friday and they had a DJ, but what they played was just really abrasive top 40 music totally inappropriate to mealtime.Special Features:
- Great gnocchi!LeenaDined on 3/28/2014I've been to Ribalta a few times and have loved everything I've gotten- the pizzas are great, especially the truffle white pizza if you're into mushrooms. I'm personally a huge gnocchi lover and the pesto gnocchi here is divine. Usually I'm stuffed from gnocchi after a few bites but I honestly wish there was more of it on the plate with this one The portion sizes are fitting overall though! Only downer was that service was a bit slow, we can to flag down the waiter to order and get the check more than once. But that aside, I'd definitely come back here a 4th time!Special Features:
- Best Italian Pizza and cuisineBira72Dined on 3/18/2014I love this place, it makes me feel at home...even if you are not Italian, I mean , the food is great, the place is big, nice , for any kind of event, it's the right place to go. Rosario , the manager and Pasqual, the chef, are nice, friendly and very professional also! And all the staff is kind patient and very very professional also! I recommend Ribalta Pizza for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza good enough for ItaliansNYCGalVIPDined on 3/11/2014Reliable restaurant if you are in the mood for a pizza as you'd eat it in Italy. The waitstaff too behaves pretty much as you'd expect in Italy: there only when you need them, not constantly asking you if everything is OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Pizza and cuisineBira72Dined on 3/2/2014I love this place, which is big, friendly with families, but nice for any kind of event. Best Neapolitan/Italian Pizza and cuisine I have tasted in New York City and to watch soccer games. Great staff also, I recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsBeep23Dined on 2/26/2014Made a 5:30 reservation for a pre-Vineyard Theatre dinner. It was a great choice, three blocks away. At that early hour the place was empty but the staff was pleasant, attentive and helpful. It has a bar and its red house wine was surprisingly tasty. The food was simple and delicious. We were looking for simple light dinner before going to the theater and we weren't disappointed. Would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizzajml05003VIPDined on 1/31/2014The food here was a amazing. I set up a large group dinner and they were able to accommodate us without a problem. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent pizza but a bit pricey...DeanAndrewsDined on 1/31/2014The pizza here is outstanding, but it's a bit it on the pricey side. My girlfriend and I ordered two Margherita Rossas, one with broccoli rabe and spicy salami ($12 + 3 + 3 = $18), one with speck ($12 + 4 = $16); we had two pieces left over. We skipped the deserts; they were all $9. It's worth it despite the price. The decor is nicer than your typical pizza joint, more like a modern, casual Italian restaurant. Another option for excellent Neopolitan style pizza is Luzzo's (1st Avenue near 13th Street).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only for pizzaAlbertVIPDined on 1/26/2014We ordered the calamari since there were a lot of positive Yelp reviews, however ours were dry/ overcooked. The white pizza with mushrooms and bacon was pretty good though. The waiter messed up our bill also.