48 East 12th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ribaltapizzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 777-7781
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: Noon - Midnight; Friday-Saturday: Noon - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Come and enjoy us every 29th of the month for all you can eat gnocchi! Ladies' Night. Every Wednesday from 8PM to closing unlimited wine with any entree! No limit Pizza Sundays from 6pm to 11pm, try all pizzas for one low all you can eat price!
A word from Ribalta Pizza
Leading Ribalta is a pizza dream team who have already made their reputation in New York City's pizza world and are dedicated to providing the most delicious, fun, and truly Neapolitan pizza experience in the city: Rosario Procino, former founder of Keste pizzeria, and Chef Pasquale Cozzolino, former Executive Chef at Dellaroccos in Brooklyn Heights and Pizza Arte. For Procino and Cozzolino, Neapolitan pizza is more than a method of making pizza that’s taught in Naples. It’s a complete dining experience that’s reflective of the Italian city’s rich, unique and vibrant culture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ribalta Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (12)special occasion (9)late-night find (8)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- tasty!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I love their pizza dough!!!! I feel that's the first thing I should say it's beyond savory and delicious. My waiter was amazing and helpful . He suggested a yummy Italian beer that has now become my favorite .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful pizza and very good wine selectionRobertoDined on 11/20/2014One of the best (if not THE best) pizza restaurants in NYC: I've tried most of the supposedly greatest places in town, most of them are actually really good, but Ribalta is seriously a couple of steps ahead. Ingredients are fresh and delicious and - something that to me makes the big difference - the crust is perfectly cooked: most of the other pizzas I tasted so far are just to soft and 'wet' in the middle, while this one has the right amount of crunchiness. When you cut a slice and you fold it in two, it has to stay still, not to miserably bend and pour all the tomato sauce and toppings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic pizza just south of Union SquaremorrongielloVIPDined on 11/8/2014In a city where you can find many top restaurants that serve pizza, you will not go wrong here. The menu is packed with many options for pizza, though not as much as one might think for non pizza items. The calamari were excellent. Be prepared, as might be expected on a Saturday night, the place was crowded and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza I Found in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014we walked past this place during the day, thought we d take a chance for dinner and the pizza was superb thin crust with minimal toppingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Pizza You will Ever EatTriscaDined on 11/2/2014Unbelievable. Staff fantastic and helpful. Every recommendation was spot on. Try the twice baked crust, we had half red and half white. Both were gone in minutes! The pancetta porcini mushroom white pizza shouldn't be missed. Calamari was delicately done. The wine recommendation fantastic. Would not want to live nearby, I'd order all the time! Convenient to Union Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We were enjoying our meal but we were feeling rushed. Before we were offered coffee or dessert, someone came over and suggested we leave because they had to seat a large party. When we complained, the manager came over and implied that we had been sitting long enough (an hour!). When we told him we had not even had coffee, he did apologize and said we could stay and perhaps move to another table. By then we were so uncomfortable, we left. To their credit they did take 50% off the bill but that did not make up for their rude service.
- Fabulous place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This place is great seevive amazing foodis good always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pizza with more pizazz!FabFabDined on 10/30/2014Forget about New York average greasy slices! As an Italian living in New York and occasionally yearning for a really good (whole) pizza, I was bowled over by this amazing crunchy, neapolitan style pizza, prepared following original recipes and using only the best ingredients. I had never tried a pizza prepared with natural yeast before and I must say it is a whole different level. As an extra-sensory experience do try "the pizza in pala" (for two people), which is even more deliciously particular. Excellent service, family friendly and very gracious owners. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Good go-to!at0313Dined on 10/18/2014Cool modern ambiance. Good food although I found the calzone a bit salty. Waiter was great and every attentive. Overall good, go-to neighborhood gem for pizza
- Best pizza in NYCDocGourmandVIPDined on 10/17/2014Probably the best pizza you will find in all the US, to be honest. The next closest pizza this good requires a flight to Naples. Creative cocktails, friendly service and a fun neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousdeliciousnessDined on 10/11/2014Went with friends for a birthday outing this weekend. We had to wait about 10 minutes for our table to open up, but the food was delicious!! Good to share or get your own..we had salad, pizza, pasta and some apps, everything was great.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Most authentic brick oven Neapolitan pizza in NY. Eggplant appetizer and meatballs are perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsMarianneDined on 10/7/2014This is my second visit to Ribalta Pizza. It was recommended to me by a friend. We had lunch here and I decided to arrange to have dinner here. The service is great, very tentative, but definitely overbearing. The food is great, nominal portions. Just the right size. I would definitely recommend Ribalta for their italian food. Very fresh and tasty. Their pizza is great too! Kid friendly as well. Come one, come all and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & EasyjskonycDined on 9/17/2014This restaurant is a good find for dining on a budget but seeking a fun and hip ambiance. Good for a date or a group. Food was good but the techno-y ambient music was a bit too loud for having conversations comfortably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findGabroDined on 9/15/2014This place is one you'd pass by without even realizing the awesomeness within! I had an event to attend nearby this restaurant & needed to take 7 industry associates to dinner before the event. I gave it a whirl & made a reservation here. I'm so glad I did! Not only is it a cool place (great decor & layout) but the food was tremendous & our waiter was on his game. I will go back for work, fun & everything in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza, great serviceSeattledinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014They do the Neapolitan style thin crust wood fired pizza here . Service was excellent. The Negronis were excellent. A reasonably priced wine list as well. Our plane arrived late, so we needed someplace close by where we could get a bite at 10:30 PM. This was ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food marred by poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/3/2014The Upside: We had a mix of pizzas and pastas and all were very tasty. They were also a good place for our group of 8 and we never felt rushed, but that may have been because they sometime forgot about us. The Downside: Unfortunately, the service here was really lackluster. While the staff was nice, they just did not have their act together. They forgot multiple orders -- including my entree for about half of the mealtime and several drink orders. I had to remind them two more times before they finally cooked my pasta.
- SabySabarellaDined on 8/27/2014They make the best pizza! If you want better pizza, go to JFK & get on a flight to Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!willtwolivDined on 8/20/2014Went here for a mom's night out with one close friend. Found the restaurant to have a fun and vibrant space. Very attentive staff and we were greeted and seated promptly. We ordered the meatballs appetizer and a personal pizza. Both were very good and they used fresh ingredients. I felt that the prices were very reasonable price for a NYC restaurant. Would definitely go back if I'm on the east side again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaGFfoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great pizza place with fun and interesting combinations. The American pizza with fries and hot dogs is actually kind of awesome. The gluten free pizza here is pretty lacking though. It could definitely use an upgrade, it's not nearly as good as their normal pizza is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pizza outside of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014This is the closest you will come to eating authentic, brick oven Neapolitan pizza. I have been to Italy and had the best pizza in Naples. The pizza at Ribalta is by far the best pizza I have had outside of Italy. Authentic and simply delicious. All is fresh and perfect. The eggplant parm app is light and delicious. The staff is from naples and doesn't disappoint. If you're looking to watch a soccer game this is the place to be. The crowd and ambiance is energetic. The projector screen is awesome. Makes me feel like I'm in Italy when I'm there. A lot of Italians visiting come to Ribalta for a taste of home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Md143Dined on 8/4/2014We loved our Ribalta experience! My friends thanked me for turning them on to fab new neighborhood place. Good service, AWESOME PIZZA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pizza you ever had!DrDanDined on 8/4/2014It's crazy how good the palla pizza is! If you can go, go! Go now! I love pizza and I have my own top list in nyc, but this is the best I have ever eaten!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza, Great LocationJessLovesNYDined on 8/1/2014Came here on a Friday night with two girlfriends for a girls night dinner. The location was great, close to the Union Square subway stop. I would best describe the ambiance as being a chic pizza place. They had a great Italian and pizza focused menu, with upbeat lounge type music playing. We split an order of the meatballs, one Norma pizza with eggplant and cherry tomatoes, and one pizza with ricotta, mozzarella and prosciutto. All was great, will certainly be back.Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Ribalta Pizza reviews archive.
- good foodATravellerDined on 7/27/2014The pizza was very good. We tried both crusts. The napolitano was better. The service was great. We had a late arrival in our group and they waited patiently to ask for our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find.LJLdinerDined on 7/24/2014In a busy Union Square neighborhood, where the typical restaurant can be noisy and crowded, it was refreshing to find a place where you could have a conversation and enjoy great food and a lovely ambience at the same time. Large servings, good service and some of the best pizza in the City. I definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall experienceLunamonkeyfoodloverDined on 7/13/2014Went to watch the world cup final. Excluding the fact that we had to share a very large table with people we didnt know (line seating due to the event), the experience was great. the staff was energetic and uplifting. It was really fun to watch the game here. Would definitely return for brunch or dinner, all the pizzas we tried tasted terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribalta is a favorite of oursWiseOwlDined on 7/6/2014The pizza is really excellent and the freedom to "build your own pie" is great! On our most recent visit a friend and I tried the salmon with grilled vegetables, also excellent. The portions are generous, service is friendly and efficient and the decor is sort of "old" New York with the open oven and high sealings, lovely. I keep coming back with different guests and there has never been the slightest complaint, only compliments and a desire to return.Special Features:
- Great Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The pizza was delicious! The wait staff was friendly and attentive. It was a bit noisy, but that's because they were broadcasting the world cup - not sure how the noise level is on a typical day. Regardless, I would definitely recommend if you're looking for good pizza.Special Features:
- Authentic Neapolitan pizza!joserVIPDined on 6/27/2014Authentic Neapolitan pizza! We visit this restaurant every time we come to New York City. Try their pizza pala .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neapolitan !JLJoVIPDined on 6/27/2014Nice bright space , vibrant atmosphere , great helpful staff . Wonderfully sourced ingredients are great on Neapolitan pizzas & dishes !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMikeyVADined on 5/12/2014I found out about this place on Open Table. I went with my parents over Mother's Day weekend. My father is a vegetarian and didn't have any issue finding food. The pizza reminded me of pizza that you can find in Italy.Special Features:
- CREDIT CARDS NOT TAKENOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014THEY DIDN'T TAKE CREDIT CARDS THE NIGHT WE WERE THERE... DON'T KNOW WHY. THEY DID INFORM US ON THE WAY IN, BEFORE WE WERE SEATED... GREAT PIZZAS... PRICY...
- Awesome pizza!JerseyDoug59VIPDined on 5/8/2014Had dinner here before going to a show at Webster Hall and, I have to say, I enjoyed one of the best pizza's I've ever had: Capricciosa-mushrooms, prosciutto,artichokes & olives. The crust was just the right combination of chewy, crusty and slightly charred. The pie looked too large to finish when it first came out but, not only did I eat the whole thing, I was wishing ther was more. Service was friendly and attentive and the room is bright and airy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice place for a dinnerMariecacoonDined on 5/3/2014The pizzas were Gorgeous. The waiters were very kind and polite. The restaurant is a Design place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014I love this place and go often with my husband, but it is also great for big groups! The waiters are very nice and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious.ckgrl930Dined on 4/19/2014Ribalta was recommended by Thrillist and I decided to give it a shot. Four of us dined on salad, appetizer, two pizzas and two desserts. Everything was outstanding. The Palo Pizza was divine - really divine. The tiramisu and the almond cake were perfect and the service was wonderful. They don't rush you, you can sit as long as you like which is refreshing in NYC where everyone is trying to get you in and out as quick as possible. I will say in that same breath, it took effort to get their attention for more wine because they were trying to leave us alone but it was not enough to bother us. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vera Pizza at its finestRibaltaDined on 4/19/2014A break from the traditional NY Pizza- which I could literally eat every day of my life. The service was stellar, the food even better, and it was a cool vibe. Like ducking into an authentic bar and pizza place in Italy and then jumping back into beautiful Grennwich Village.Special Features:
- Unique modern italian pizzaMatthewNeilDined on 4/14/2014This place had a large space and a modern decor feel. The service was quick and the pizza was very good. My only critique would be the price. $2.00 for some veggie toppings and a $10 glass of wine gave me a $100 bill by the time I left (for 2 people). My suggestion would be be prepared to spend a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, bad music ruined the mealSamanakDined on 3/29/2014Had it not been for the noise level, I would have given this restaurant a better review. The service and food were excellent. The place had been recommended by Italians and the pizza was indeed authentically Neapolitan. The problem was with the music. First, it was so loud that I had to shout at the person sitting beside me to carry a conversation. Second, we went on a Friday and they had a DJ, but what they played was just really abrasive top 40 music totally inappropriate to mealtime.Special Features: