Rib n Reef Steakhouse
8105 Decarie Blvd
Montreal, QC H4P 2H5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
Rib n Reef Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ribnreef.com/
- Phone: 5147351601x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Chef Danny Cousineau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Hosting a party of your own, but want to pass along the cooking to us...Rib N Reef offers our succulent Roast Beef, Seafood and an array of exciting appetizers and indulgent desserts, to cater your private dinner parties and holiday celebrations. We can also do your Barbecue party in your back yard or under a tent at any location.
- Private Party Facilities: Fully equipped audio visual capabilities with HDMI connection, and wireless Apple TV , Bluetooth for your personal music for your party or corporate affair including 4 speaker sound system, and 70'' Led TV screen .
Watching your favorite hockey team on our screen in private with your guest and friends , while you enjoy our great service and food , whooh ! what a great way to watch the Habs play.
Room configuration customized for your event
Ideal location , 10 minutes from everywhere , downtown , airport , Laval ,and west island
Valet parking on our property
Leave all the delicious details to us .
For private events inquires, please contact Abdo GM at 514 735 1601 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Abdo 8888855020
- Entertainment: Montreal’s premier steakhouse, RIB ‘N REEF, is proud of its four decades of exceptional service, unmatched gourmet menu, and award-winning wine cellar. We’ve built our reputation combining the classic with the new and we continue to share your passion for the finest. All guests can find elegance and comfort at every visit whether you are enjoying a private dinner, celebrating with friends or conducting business. Take advantage of all our available amenities including private dinning, the boardroom in the wine cellar, the rooftop terrace and the cigar lounge.
- Special Events: Take advantage of all Rib n Reef available amenities including private dinning, the Boardroom in the Wine cellar, the Rooftop Terrace as well as the Cigar Lounge. Call for more information on how we can help accommodate your next event!
- Cross Street: De La Savane
- Public Transit: We are 10 minutes from downtown Montreal and 10 minutes from the airport. We are right next to the metro station de La Savanne. North of Jean Talon south of the 40.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer valet parking to all our guest on our own private parking lot in front of the restaurant.
A word from Rib n Reef Steakhouse
Rib n Reef Steakhouse & Cigar Lounge is one of Canada Premier fine dining Steakhouses specializing in Dry-Aged USDA Prime Beef and Fresh Fish and Seafood .Located ten minutes from downtown and 10 minutes from the airport , every detail at the Rib has been carefully considered for your comfort. Notable for its decor, excellent service, outstanding cuisine , award winning Wine Cellar and an the incomparable Cigar Lounge, with a state of the art ventilation system , the Rib is the ultimate destination for celebration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rib n Reef Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)notable wine list (10)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great steak great wine i recommand it but it is sure it is a bit expansive ... but YOLO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 6/27/2014Went there after work and sat on the terrace. Nice place to chill after work. Service was great. We ordered a bunch of appetizers which were good but everything was made with same base ingredient, Dijon mustard. Crabcake sauce Dijon, tuna Tatar Dijon, etc...I wish they would have told us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKaddyDined on 6/7/2014We were 2 couples celebrating our 51st anniversay. We have been doing this forever. We enjoy good food which was excellent at the Rib & Reef. On a Saturday night it was very busy and noisy. Maybe because it was because of the Grand Prix weekend. We have dined there before and found it to be much less energetic. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- it was so-soFluffyDined on 5/30/2014The food and there portion size was "ok" for the price. Very mediocreSpecial Features:
- Terrible experiencePelloVIPDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I went for dinner last night, with the intention to share a portion of roast beef, and a half bottle of wine ($33), something we have done often in the past. We then noticed that the roast beef was on the Specials. A few minutes later, we were advised that the specials were only for after 10 pm, only the other 2 specials applied. So we ordered our roast beef off the regular menu, and asked for an end cut. Ten minutes later, we were told there were no end cuts left. Before 7 pm, with roast beef a special and a mostly empty restaurant! How was that possible? We ordered a 22oz. porterhouse, and received the thinnest steak we have ever seen. Certainly not 22 oz.! After the manager told us that he would charge us 50% only. What!!Special Features:
- Dinner for 2LLMTLDined on 5/17/2014We always enjoy this venue. A Montreal classic with first rate service and excellent drinks and food. Wonderful choice for a couple's night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 5/15/2014Stop in for drinks and appetizers after work and had fun because the terrace was open. Its nice to sit outside and enjoy the weather. The sliders were good but the grilled octopus was tough. Will definitely go back and try some of their other apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyPierlouDined on 5/7/2014I used to go to the Rib & Reef a few years ago and I remember it as a place to celebrate a winning race without thinking of the price. This time it was for another celebration but we were quite disappointed: Service: very slow and they keep changing waiter depending of what is being served also they seem to not have enough boss boys ; Portion: adequate ; Quality of food: very good; Price: way too expensive, we can have bigger portion, just as good for much less $$ at The Keg. Too bad but I will only go if I am invited.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Rib n Reef Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Never again !JoelleVDined on 2/27/2014It was my first and last time eating at Rib 'N Reef ! Service was bad, they kept on mixing up our orders and they seemed understaffed and disorganized. It was a thursday night and only 5-6 tables were taken !! The food was awful... They put so much spices and tabasco in pretty much everything that we almost didn't eat. Very pricy, considering such a bad experience !Special Features:
- I ate at the restaurant twiceMikeDined on 2/5/2014I ate at the restaurant twice in one week and both experiences were excellent. The first was supper with a group and the service was prompt and professional. The food was excellent and the steak cooked exactly to my liking. The second experience was lunch and it was equally tasty and the service was cordial and efficient. The lunch menu was well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a disappointmentLuvfinediningDined on 1/31/2014My wife and I went to Montreal for a weekend and we were craving a higher end steakhouse with a romantic atmosphere. The hotel we were staying at recommended the Rib and Reef. I ordered a Sirloin with baked potatoe with mushrooms. My wife ordered a filet mignon with mashed potatoes and mushrooms. My potatoe was tasteless. Our steak was cooked to our asking, but neither of us particularly enjoyed the flavour. The mushrooms were the highlight. The drinks were also good and staff seemed very accommodating and professional. Unfortunately, it was not the experience we were hoping for.Special Features:
- A classicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2014A classic steakhouse with fabulous food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the Rib is really good Montrealwines123VIPDined on 7/18/2013the Rib is really good Montreal Steak house with an outstanding wine list. Try the oysters and veal chop you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food served with attitude!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2013Food is good, over priced , waiters with attitudes, valet parking to park your car 10 feet away...sorry, not a very good experience.
- good food but watch the service...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2013Second time i go there in a few months and it is the second time that I order a bottle of wine with a specific year on the wine list and a different year (wine is a year younger) is brought to the table without any remark or appologies about it... are they taking their customers for fools? Food was good but the experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. Not acceptable for a restaurant of that calibre....I would recommend this to a friend.
- It took an our before theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013It took an our before they took our order, and we had to ask for everything (forks)...... Food was good.Special Features:
- What a wonderful dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013What a wonderful dining experience. Exactly what we wanted to celebrate our anniversary. Excellent service with stong attention to detail.Special Features:
- The restaurant is dividedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The restaurant is divided by two rooms. We were placed on the right side wich is not as nice as the left side of the restaurant. The ambiance is plain and sterile. Our servers were very nice at the beginning but as guests arrived in number we could feel the stress going up and our service was affected. Furthermore, on my reservation I had specified that is was for a special birthday but there was no mention of it trough out the evening and not even one special attention.Special Features:
- Dissatisfied and disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2013Sadly, their signature rib eye dish was overlooked for all 3 of us. They promptly replaced the dishes without any hesitation. The replacement dishes offered up the right cuisson but without any of the classic beefy flavour. The meat was completely underwhelming, more so because of the high price.Special Features:
- My wife and I go to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/25/2013My wife and I go to this restaurant every once and a while for the roast beef. We are never disappointed. Elaborate wine list is a bonus.
- Great steak. Pricy but atOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/8/2013Great steak. Pricy but at least you get quality. Waiters wait on you like royalty.Special Features:
- I believe the restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012I believe the restaurant is good, but the waiter we had was not good at all. It took him 10 minutes to bring us menus after our drink menu. He got the wrong wine, forgot to bring my salad, and never payed attention to us. There were other waiters who looked after our table and were very good. The first waiter who took care of us just rushed everything and never payed attention to detail. I didn't want to leave a tip, but i realized it is shared between all the waiters.
- A bit disappointed. AskedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012A bit disappointed. Asked for lamb medium rare and got well done instead. Had to return it. Did not eat main course at the same time as the person that was with me. They didn't have the wine that we ordered from their wine list. A very noisy restaurant. Besides over cooking the meat the food was good. We mentioned to the manager about the inconvenience after having paid for the meal, we were not even offered a coffee on the house. It would have been a nice gesture. Cigar lounge upstairs is a nice way to end the evening.Special Features:
- Ideal if you prefer meat to moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2012The Rib n Reef has improved much in recent years... It's expensive. Thumb-suckin' expensive. But for a special occasion, especially one where you're looking for a surf-and-turf, bloody, boozy feast, you could do much worse. The prime rib is delicious, their fish broiled perfectly, and their creamed spinach is among the best (advantage Peter Luger's), but the real treats are the handmade caesar salad, and the meal-topping drinks. My wife asked for Cointreau on the rocks, and was given nearly a pint of the stuff. I wanted an Irish Coffee, and was treated to a waiter caramelizing sugar on the rim of my glass and spooning in generous amounts of decadent cream. I have had such coffees from San Francisco to Belfast, and this was top-notch.Special Features:
- Traditional steakhouse diningBobPDined on 11/6/2012If you need an upmarket steakhouse around the intersections of the Decarie Expressway and the Metropolitan (Highway 40) this is your best bet. Far more elegant than the Baton Rouge and the service is excellent. We ordered a variety of food - filet mignon, T-bone, salmon, chicken and steak tartar, and everyone was pleased with their dish. This place is elegant, not cool like a club. It makes for a good destination with out of town guests who are looking for a true steakhouse dining experience. The wine list is extensive and has a lot of California, which is not common in Montréal. Americans who prefer to order from back home will be pleased.Special Features:
- Its just a little to expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Its just a little to expensive for everyday day even once a week,unfortunately for us .Special Features:
- The bone in rib-steak wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012The bone in rib-steak was extremely tender and cooked to perfection - however it lacked any flavour whatsoever, totally devoid of any qualities that would justify its steep price.
- The waitress dropped knifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2012The waitress dropped knife on my lap...lucky i did not get hurt. She not nice at all.Special Features:
- Food was ok, very tender filetmtlGourmandVIPDined on 6/29/2012Food was ok, very tender filet mignon, amazing service.Special Features:
- Patience needed!PaulSVIPDined on 6/10/2012Great service ! Way to long a wait for appetizer & then main meals!!!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinnerExcellentDined on 6/8/2012We had a wonderful dinner can't go wrong with Rib N Reef! The food and service were excellent!!! We'll definitely come back!Special Features:
- We were well received forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012We were well received for our daughters graduation.The service and food were impecable?Special Features:
- Very good menu. Very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012Very good menu. Very busy unexpectedly so the service was a bit slow but over all it was outstanding.Special Features:
- unfortunately a lot went wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2012unfortunately a lot went wrong during our dinner. They forgot our appetizers, our potatoes came cold and they over charged us on our liquor bill. For such an expensive place this is not acceptable.Special Features:
- As this was our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012As this was our first experience for special occasion, very friendly ambience romantic food exquisite drinks amazing!!! Very pricy worth it humm yes and no, meat was amazing but my man had lobster tail found very small maybe cause he took with a filet mignon but i thought if I'm paying for these things almost separate I should have had a bigger steak or lobster tail?Special Features:
- the steak was great, the restOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012the steak was great, the rest of the dishes were not up to par. we had to send escargots back, as they were burnt, and were surprised the kitchen would let them leave as such. THe yorkshire pudding was bland and dry. The service was excellent, and the bone in filet was divine. overall very pricey.
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2012Excellent food and service! Chateaubriand for 2 was delicious and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Hum. Un endroit assez uniquebenoitl33VIPDined on 3/28/2012Hum. Un endroit assez unique dans le secteur, un steakhouse haut de gamme pour compte de dépenses en folie. Bon, mais jamais assez pour justifier la note débile de 120$ pour le lunch pour 2 sans une goutte de vin. Typique dans la catégorie, viandes et poissons grillés, portions monstrueuses. Atmosphère très business et ce qui vient avec.Special Features:
- The fish was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2012The fish was excellent and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Been to many great steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2012Been to many great steakhouse in Montreal and this is my favorite. Always a great steak. Every time. Love the sides also.Special Features: