934 Sixteenth Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rialtocafe.com/
- Phone: 3038932233x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hours: Everyday, 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ruban Haunte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rialto Café has space onsite for up to 200 guests. We can also deliver to your office. Call 303-260-4732 for more information.
- Entertainment: Best Downtown Happy Hour[s] Happening Everyday! From 3-6pm we feature $5-6 Cocktails, $4 Wines & Mixed Drinks, $3 Drafts and Discounted Appetizers.
- Special Events: We've got SIN! Industry Special: 2 for 1 Drinks every evening after 9:30pm - close!
- Cross Street: Between Champa & Curtis
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Rialto offers discounted parking in the evening after 4:30pm and all day on the weekends at Independence Plaza. The entrance is located on Curtis Street between 16th and 17th on the west side of the street. Call 303-893-2233 for details.
A word from Rialto Cafe
Food With Spirit. Situated in the heart of downtown Denver on the popular 16th Street Mall, Rialto Cafe is a stylish, upbeat restaurant and bar featuring expertly prepared American foods. Using only the freshest of ingredients for his dishes, Executive Chef Ruban prepares a wide variety of foods ranging from Grilled Pork Chops, lightly smoked with a spiced cider jus, to Pan Roasted Salmon with a ginger cherry chutney. Offering simpler dishes such as the Rialto Burger or the popular Warm Roasted Chicken Salad, Rialto Cafe can please any palate and accommodate any price range. Rialto is within walking distance of the Denver Center of Performing Arts, Denver Pavilions, Convention Center, Comedy Works, and the Light Rail. Voted "Best In Denver" in several categories, Rialto Cafe offers the ultimate Denver dining experience. Rialto also offers discounted parking for night and weekends. Call for details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Rialto Cafe - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Rialto Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (26)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (14)romantic (12)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Zombie Night in DenverbothRhappyDined on 10/18/2014We love Rialto Cafe, we have always had delicious food there and great service. This time we made a reservation for the same night as the Zombie Walk on 16th Street, (Oct 18th) and the place was a full of intoxicated zombies! So noisy and rowdy you could not hear across the table. We had drinks and appetizers and had to leave to have a conversation. I still love this restaurant, but I'll leave it to the zombies next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just too noisyJerryVIPDined on 10/18/2014My friend and I have eaten at Rialto numerous times before going to a Colorado Symphony Concert. The food is always delicious and we enjoy the varied selections on the menu. However, our experience last Saturday evening, 10/19, 5:30p. was almost a disaster due to the EXTREMELY LOUD!! talking, yelling,, etc. The food "saved" the experience. In the future we will try to check what is happening in downtown Denver before making a dinner reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularCeliacfriendlyDined on 10/13/2014When you walk in there is a fresh beauty to the restaurant. The menu decadently covers a spanish appeal. The drinks were delicious as was the special offered. I ended up order another drink after asking for the bill because they were very unique and tasty. The Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita was it's name. The special were tacos, I do not know what kind or what was on them, but the waitress sold us it when she offered it. We took time to look over the menu just to be sure, but the special was very special to say the lease.Special Features:
- Kitchen starsCathcamVIPDined on 10/4/2014They took our reservation for 11:45pm, and still had a full staff in the kitchen, rather than order entrees, we ordered 5 appetizers. We did ask for them to be bought out as soon as they were ready, however they bought out corn bread and then four of the appetizers at once... the 5t never arrived, but neither did it show on the bill so that worked out ok as with the corn bread, we'd had enough. Good service, great crowd, well done to the kitchen!Special Features:
- Great food great serviceBudmanDined on 10/2/2014Consistently reliable great food try the bison meatloaf. Generous pours on the drinks fantastic service attentive and not rushedSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchCflorenceDined on 9/28/2014I had a great meal! the menu had several good choice for a moderate budget, plus the $12 bottomless mimosas are a great deal! I like that I can choose a different juice for every mimosa. I had the Hangover cure burger it was delicious! I think the fruit and pastry bar with your meal is a nice touch. I will eat here again!Special Features:
- Sublety aboundsJimHDined on 9/27/2014Very restrained decor and very subtle flavors in the food. This is not a networking place as you need to concentrate on all the flavors in each bite. I's a challenge to figure all the flavors out.Special Features:
- Food & Service Great...MarkusDined on 9/24/2014Had an outdoor seat and it was great weather for it, so a good experience overall!Special Features:
- Nice place to meet friends2fortheroadDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service from reservation online & very friendly staff at check in. They accommodated a table change for me quickly & efficiently.....which really helped with my meeting with a friend. Waiter service was excellent...supportive and not overly pushy...just right...and...thats nice to find. This was my first visit and I definitely will return and also recommend to my family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBabeDined on 9/20/2014My friends and I love Rialto! It's one of our favorite brunch spots in Denver. We were there this weekend to celebrate my 24th birthday. As usual the food was amazing (my steak & eggs were perfect) and of course we took advantage of the great deal on bottomless mimosas with juice bar. Also the service never fails to impress me here. My girlfriends and I are all servers and we're always so delighted by how friendly and consistently on point the wait staff is. I wish I could remember our servers name but I forgot it because were calling him smiley our entire visit. He effortlessly kept up with us 4 girls downing bottomless mimosas, took time to chat with us, and even took a group photo, all with a huge smile! Thanks Rialto, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always liked,just disappoints todayB2edVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always been a fan. Reasonable prices and great service. Went for a filet with a buy one get one. Way overcooked ... And by way I mean med rare was well done. Service was great. Manager checked in after the meal. Found a very reasonable bottle of cab as well.Special Features:
- Good food, atmosphereGood4CouplesDined on 9/19/2014We treat Rialto Cafe as a 'specialty' meal place, where we go when we need a date night of consequence.Special Features:
- Cool restaurant, great locationRandyDined on 9/19/2014This was our first trip to Rialto and we'll be back. It's only a few blocks from the DCPA and was a great place for dinner before a concert. It's a happening place, but not so loud we couldn't talk over dinner. The drinks were fun and the food quite good. Like I said - we'll be back.Special Features:
- Always reliable food and serviceluvDCPADined on 9/17/2014We love to go to the Rialto Cafe before performances at the DCPA. The food is reliable and service is always great.Special Features:
- Awesome for brunchfoodieintrainingVIPDined on 9/14/2014Amazing for Sunday brunch. Loved bottomless mimosas with lots of juice choices....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/13/14DG225Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good but be 100% sure your server knows if you are going to a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a little coldMTsalesmanDined on 9/11/2014The Chicken pot pie tasted good, but it wasn't hot. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!ElizabethDined on 9/9/2014I went to Rialto Cafe before going to a show at the Buell, it was a great spot! Our waiter asked if we were seeing a show and sped up our order to make sure we made the show. I highly recommend Rialto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater choicemy3sonsDined on 9/9/2014Initially selected Rialto since it is a quick walk from the Performing Arts Complex. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. And it was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening restaurantStacyDined on 9/5/2014Our waiter, Nathan was informative, attentive, and funny. The menu is good for the adventurous and not-so-adventurous. I was with 2 older ladies who raved about their steak all night. I had the Ahi tuna and it was equally wonderful. Thanks for a great, low key evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect lunch especially Friday!!!CarlaVZVIPDined on 9/5/2014went there for their onion soup and salad special to find that it was Free Beer Friday which meant free beer with our delicious lunch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DaylunchwithstyleDined on 9/2/2014We sat inside with the floor to ceiling window open - best of both worlds on a sunny Colorado day, excellent service, fabulous food and inspiring conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinneroccasionaldinerDined on 8/30/2014We chose Rialto because the menu looked good and the prices were more reasonable than some other nice downtown restaurants. We were very happy with our choice. The service was great. Carter was very attentive and helped us with our selections. I mentioned that it was our anniversary and he brought us a special dessert on the house. We would go again.Special Features:
- RandLDined on 8/28/2014Service was good food good and all in all a nice late nite dinnerSpecial Features:
- enjoyable evening in DenverStashOnTheRoadDined on 8/28/2014Having nowhere to go we found the Rialto around the corner. very good service and menu with costs reasonable in an upscale seetting.Special Features:
- Come for drinks not the food!foodbratDined on 8/16/2014This was my first time to Rialto Cafe. I have heard only good things about this place but when I ordered my Eggs Benedict it was more like boiled eggs and Hollandaise sauce... NOT GOOD! But the bloody mary bar and bottomless mimosas with yummy juice bar definitely made up for that. I would still recommend this place for brunch just watch what you order. My fiance had the hangover burger and it was very good!Special Features:
- They have it together.CheapSeatsDined on 8/14/2014Impressed by the wait staff and the quality of the food. Very happy with the Ahi Tuna and received a significant portion that was cooked perfectly as well seasoned well. Loved the cornbread they serve automatically to begin the dinner in a hot skillet. They willingly brought another one after dinner and we ended up making dessert out of it. The food was served quickly by couple of servers. Will go back at the first opportunity we have instead of some of the other old reliables we are used to. And next excellent value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParticularDined on 8/5/2014Had their "spcial" fish sandwitch. It was cod and was way over cooked. Also, asked for something other than the Kaiser roll for the bread. I told them I wanted less bread and they brought it out on a Kaiser roll and then when they replaced it, they put it on Texas toast.Special Features:
- Brunch is always great at RialtoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2014We had brunch this past weekend at the Rialto. As usual, the food was excellent - Rialto Burger, blueberry pancakes with sausage - and our server went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. In addition to their various entrees, they also have a fruit and pasty bar as well, not to mention the bottomless Mimosas! We hadn't been there in a while, but it's nice to see their standards have remained as high as I remember.Special Features:
- Great Pre-Show DinnerCOFoodieDined on 7/12/2014We had tickets to a show at DCPA and I was looking for someplace reasonably close and that looked like they had good food. Rialto didn't fail. The food was good, our waiter was exceptional and it was a relaxing place to eat. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Prompt seating, great! Service was good! Food wasn't prepared like I requested. Overall, it was a nice experience & I will give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Overpriced Hamburger jointluvrockymtsVIPDined on 6/24/2014We went to this restaurant because it was on 16th street, a hot spot for tourist. We wanted to show our friends from out of town a good time. This restaurant seemed like a good place to hang out. We loved the fact that you could watch people pass by as you ate, but the inside of the restaurant where we sat did not have the great ambiance that we were hoping for. If there is only a small group, it would have been fun to sit outside. The food was ok. I think that it was overpriced for what you get. Three coconut shrimp were $10 as an appetizer. The chicken chopped salad at $13 was not special either. The service, however, was great and the people were very kind. I don't think I'll go back for the food...Special Features:
- The following 1052 reviews are from the Rialto Cafe reviews archive.
- Not impressedUninspiredDined on 6/15/2014Not particularly impressed with the food especially for the prices charged.
- Memorable Eveningnade01Dined on 5/29/2014I took a group of 10 with special payment arrangements for 6 of them and the waiter handled it professionally. The appetizers were amazing! We ordered the Calamari, truffle fries & Artichoke Dip. Our food was prepared to our liking and all ended up trying several of the desserts! Yummo!! A great time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/29/2014As always, you can't go wrong at Rialto Cafe. Good service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deanearDined on 5/28/2014Girls nite out..food was so good, our waiter tall alex the best (so polite) we sat in a back corner booth. The steak diane was a bit salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater BrunchluvdowntownDined on 5/18/2014Friends had lunch/brunch before going to see a show. I love the ambiance, reminds me of a New York City, local, gem. The waiter was great, warm and friendly and kept our drinks refilled even though he was very busy. All four of us loved our meals, from eggs benedict to grilled salmon, it was all excellent. The only small criticism is the "fruit and pastry bar" that is included for brunch is pretty anemic. A few grapes and some fresh pineapple and scones and fruit/cream cheese danish that looked and tasted like it came out of the day old grocery store shelf. Nothing to get excited about, but fortunately our meal was great, so didn't miss the sad fruit and pastry. A great meal, and very nice experience.Special Features:
- TomPDined on 5/18/2014Great atmosphere food was pretty good Our particular waiter was particularly inattentive, but we noticed other wait staff was much more attentive to their tables.Special Features:
- Great place!normaljoeDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I found this place while in Denver for our anniversary. We were both very happy with the ambience, food and service. Very reasonable prices (especially for the quality). We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before theater diningJackDined on 5/16/2014This is a good place to eat if you are going to the theater complex to see a show or concert.I would recommend this to a friend.