934 Sixteenth Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rialtocafe.com/
- Phone: (303) 893-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hours: Everyday, 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ruban Haunte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rialto Café has space onsite for up to 200 guests. We can also deliver to your office. Call 303-260-4732 for more information.
- Entertainment: Best Downtown Happy Hour[s] Happening Everyday! From 3-6pm we feature $5-6 Cocktails, $4 Wines & Mixed Drinks, $3 Drafts and Discounted Appetizers.
- Special Events: We've got SIN! Industry Special: 2 for 1 Drinks every evening after 9:30pm - close!
- Cross Street: Between Champa & Curtis
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Rialto offers discounted parking in the evening after 4:30pm and all day on the weekends at Independence Plaza. The entrance is located on Curtis Street between 16th and 17th on the west side of the street. Call 303-893-2233 for details.
A word from Rialto Cafe
Food With Spirit. Situated in the heart of downtown Denver on the popular 16th Street Mall, Rialto Cafe is a stylish, upbeat restaurant and bar featuring expertly prepared American foods. Using only the freshest of ingredients for his dishes, Executive Chef Ruban prepares a wide variety of foods ranging from Grilled Pork Chops, lightly smoked with a spiced cider jus, to Pan Roasted Salmon with a ginger cherry chutney. Offering simpler dishes such as the Rialto Burger or the popular Warm Roasted Chicken Salad, Rialto Cafe can please any palate and accommodate any price range. Rialto is within walking distance of the Denver Center of Performing Arts, Denver Pavilions, Convention Center, Comedy Works, and the Light Rail. Voted "Best In Denver" in several categories, Rialto Cafe offers the ultimate Denver dining experience. Rialto also offers discounted parking for night and weekends. Call for details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Rialto Cafe - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Rialto Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (28)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (13)late-night find (12)romantic (12)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- My husband order the special,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008My husband order the special, The Cajun Rib Eye. He could barely eat it there was so much fat. He only ate about half. My martini glass had a chip in it. Our drinks were empty for what seemed like an eternity, probably 5 minutes. The Rialto was one of favorite restaurants since we moved here August '07. But, we won't be going there for a while.
- Even with the after work crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/5/2008Even with the after work crowd buzzing in the background, the food was great and the service exceptional. We were there for my daughter's birthday and she felt very special, complete with a complementary lava cake!Special Features:
- Tried the Ahi for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2008Tried the Ahi for the first time a couple weeks prior and came back to just have it again. We missed the Mediterranean spinach salad though. Hopefully, they'll bring it back.
- They sat our servers entireLisaBDined on 6/2/2008They sat our servers entire area all at once but he handled it well. We liked the 50% off bottles of wine on Mondays but were disappointed that they do not have the beef tenderloin salad as a dinner selection. The warm chicken salad was good but looked like I got the end of a batch as the portion was pretty small.
- One new item on their menuwhatIthinkVIPDined on 6/1/2008One new item on their menu was overcooked. The service and attitude of our waitress and management personnel was great.Special Features:
- The salmon and seabass wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2008The salmon and seabass were excellent; the porterhouse pork chop was tough and not good. The hostess first sat us at a table without light; but moved us to a different table when we asked for one. We noticed they didn't try to seat the "lightless" table the rest of the evening. Our server was very good; her name was Laura.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2008We had a wonderful experience at the Rialto Cafe. The food was fantastic and the service was exceptional. It was the perfect dinner before going to a show. A true treat!Special Features:
- We went there before goingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008We went there before going to the theater...they asked us if we were going to the theater and made sure that we received our dinner and the check in more than enough time to get back to the theater....very considerate!! Great food...service was great too! We will be back!Special Features:
- We all had different itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2008We all had different items and two of has fish dishes that were very over cooked. We had an appetizer that was not at all good. Our waiter was very apologetic about our food and would have replace it but we had time constraints. They took both entree's off of our check. This was a new menu and I wasn't very impressed with it.Special Features:
- Very good food, nice varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2008Very good food, nice variety on the menu. Not too pricy. Very good place to go before the play.Special Features:
- Great location, just stepsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2008Great location, just steps away from the theatre district. The food was very good and the service was swift. A good selection to choose from. The appetizers were enough for a meal which increased your dinner selection. Being on the 16th Street Mall was fun too - watching all the foot traffic and the hustle bustle of the crowd going by. We rather enjoyed ourselves and will return again!Special Features:
- Great location for our event.777driverVIPDined on 5/24/2008Great location for our event. Service, food, and ambiance were great.Special Features:
- Pork was somewhat fatty.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/18/2008Pork was somewhat fatty. Waiter took my utensils and tea before I had finished dessert.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2008Unfortunately, the waitress (Lindsay) was so rude that our experience was poor and we will not return. From the beginning, it was clear that she was not willing to provide a great experience for us...she was asked to clear the table, for beverages, for silverware, for sugar, etc. and she seemingly, unwillingly, delivered. She walked by the table empty-handed and did not stop to remove used plates, uneaten cornbread, etc. She never came back to inquire as to how our dinners were! This included steak which should have been cooked as requested. I am used to busy restaurants and busy waitresses and am understanding of extremely hectic times in restaurants, but this waitress clearly was lazy and underperforming and made our experience poor.Special Features:
- Food came out of the kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2008Food came out of the kitchen very quickly. Order was complete and the waitress was efficient.Special Features:
- This was not our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/16/2008This was not our first visit to Rialto, which we have always enjoyed. We chose it this time because of its pre-theater package. The food was fine, but the service was extremely slow. Even with 6 pm reservations, we barely made our 8 pm show at the Buell. The wait staff was well aware of our time constraint and simply told us when we asked why the appetizer was taking so long, "I'll bring it out as soon as the kitchen fixes it..." We waited 45 minutes for the appetizer. As a result, the other meal courses were very rushed and the overall experience was a disappointment.
- The service was horribly slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2008The service was horribly slow, had to flag down the waitress to ask for bread and refills.
- Great place for a businessReasonablePersonDined on 5/13/2008Great place for a business lunch. Convenient, good food, good service, nice professional atmosphere. I go there often.Special Features:
- Alex (our waiter) was extremelyAugusteGusteauDined on 5/11/2008Alex (our waiter) was extremely attentive and professional. He made us feel welcome and never rushed us. The brunch buffet was fine. Nice selection of items but a bit bland. Poached salmon was raw and, although I like my prime rib rare, it was almost raw as well as very tough. Still, overall I felt it was a decent food value for the price.
- We waited 10 minutes at theMollyVIPDined on 5/11/2008We waited 10 minutes at the table before our server (whose job is simply to take drink orders- not food orders) asked us what we wanted to drink. After we were eating half of our plates, we still didn't even have water glasses. It really sucks when you're eating your 35 dollar meal with nothing to drink. There were only three of us- 2 coffees & a coke and 3 waters. Not that difficult of an order, but the server must have been overwhelmed with drink orders at his 6 tables. Since it was serve yourself buffet style, I'd hate to see what he'd be like in a real restaurant taking meal orders and serving food. I never complain about restaurants, but this experience really sucked-wish I would've chosen a different restaurant for Mother's Day.Special Features:
- We had a great time and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008We had a great time and they had a wonderful Mother's day brunch, made the day very memorable.Special Features:
- I was about to send you anOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008I was about to send you an e-mail, when I received yours.We selected this restaurant for Mother's Day based on the info on your web site (and theirs).I looked at the menu and saw that the Rialto Cafe served breakfast at a resonable price and brunch on weekends. No where did it say that Mother's Day was going to be a buffet at $35.00 each. We were really disappointed, as this was a little pricey for my children. As good as it was, it was not a $35.00 buffet.Special Features:
- Mother's Day buffet was wayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008Mother's Day buffet was way too expensive for my liking. Honestly, I did not look at the price of the buffet (if it even said it anywhere), had I known it was $35.00 per person, I would not have gone. No buffet should cost that much...ever.
- We have been for dinner whichOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008We have been for dinner which we thoroughly enjoyed. Unfortunatly we chose to go for Mother's Day breakfast and we were disappointed by the buffet style. We are not big eaters in the morning so it was way over priced for what we were able to eat. It would have been nice for one of the two people I talked to inform us of the buffet style before hand.Special Features:
- My wife and I ate at RialtoChrisFieldVIPDined on 5/7/2008My wife and I ate at Rialto Cafe earlier this week before attending a performance at DCPA. She had eaten there several times for lunch, but not dinner. I had never eaten there. The food and atmosphere were good and the restuarant's location makes it conveneient for us when we attend the theater. We will most certainly return. I'd recommend Rialto Cafe to others looking for a place downtown.
- We work nearby and like toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008We work nearby and like to get in before the noon rush but cannot be at a restaurant at 11:30 so usually walk over at 11:30 and reserve for 11:45. Since we can only book for half hours, last time, the restaurant had canceled our 11:30 when we came at 11:40 and this time I booked for noon and hoped we could get in with out waiting. Would greatly appreciate quarter hour options. As is, I added the real time in the notes on my reservation. Otherwise it is a great restaurant! THANKSSpecial Features:
- Good food & service, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008Good food & service, good location. The warm chicken salad was very good.Special Features:
- Devlin, our waiter, was oneDrKoobVIPDined on 4/19/2008Devlin, our waiter, was one of a kind. He was outstanding. Food was excellent. We went back again two days later.Special Features:
- We were seated promptly, theFoodfanVIPDined on 4/18/2008We were seated promptly, the service was pleasant and efficient, the items we ordered were good and fairly priced.Special Features:
- too pricey. didnt have foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2008too pricey. didnt have food so ignore above qwestion.
- The Rialto was a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2008The Rialto was a great place to meet a friend coming to Denver for the first time. It's location on the 16th street mall is convenient to the downtown hotels and only a short walk to other entertainment. The Rialto's menu is a bit limited, but there is something for everybody. They did a great job of substituting items on the menu for our order. The cheese dip appetizer is excellent!Special Features:
- We had a delicious Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2008We had a delicious Brunch. Our servers were attentive, friendly, and did a great job. Thanks!Special Features:
- We were sitting close to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2008We were sitting close to the door and could constantly feel the draft and cold air coming in. So, that wasn't enjoyable. The food was good, but the waiter took forever to take our order, took my food away before eveyone was finished eating and just didn't time things well.Special Features:
- Light fixture over our tableJCEgVIPDined on 4/12/2008Light fixture over our table was broken - two candles helped but difficult to see the menu. Was quieter area so did not want to move to diferent table in noisier spot.Special Features:
- This was my second experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2008This was my second experience at Rialto Cafe for Lunch and once again the service was very dissapointing and the server kept pushing the lunch special and kept mentioning how inexpensive the sea bass was for downtown Denver. It is embarassing when you are taking a client out to lunch. I would never attend again for a business lunch as both times it was more than disappointing on the service side. If I were looking for a cheap meal, I would just head to McDonalds.
- The two garden salads, whileOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/8/2008The two garden salads, while nicely done and tasty, contained greens past their prime. The Ceasar salads were fresher. I wouldn't order the salmon entree again because it was quite salty but otherwise good. Three of us had the prawn entree w/ risotto & enjoyed it. The corn bread was quite good. A good restaurant, but nothing extra special about the food. The portion sizes were perfect. The service was quite pleasant. I look for a restaurant to serve healthy food that is better or different than what I serve at home. I didn't get the feeling that this restaurant makes any attempt at serving health-conscious food (lots of butter, very salty and sweet dishes) so I would be less likely to return.
- Went there for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008Went there for a business lunch and had a fantastic sandwich. Wasn't super busy, but I was towards the end of the lunch rush. The happy hour specials caught my eye, they look GREAT! Any time a better than average meal is required (or desired!) I'll definitely be returning!Special Features:
- We went to Rialto's for aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2008We went to Rialto's for a Sunday breakfast and were somewhat disappointed with the food. My husband had the breakfast burrito which was covered with tomato sauce with a hint of tabasco in it. I had eggs benedict and thought the hollandaise sauce was bland. All in all we were surprised since we had eaten dinner there on another occasion and were very pleased.Special Features:
- Great before theater or downtownBojiVIPDined on 4/4/2008Great before theater or downtown event which was our case.. Convenient to light-rail which is great. We sat right in the window and enjoyed every minute of the 16th St. Mall show. Very fun! Friendly---good waitress. Lots of energy there! LMA
- As noted above was overallJeanieVIPDined on 4/4/2008As noted above was overall a good experience and much improved since my last experience last year. I was reluctant to return as previously I felt the food mediocre and the service poor. Appreciated the waitress's ability and willingness to accomodate a special request.Special Features: