934 Sixteenth Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rialtocafe.com/
- Phone: (303) 893-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hours: Everyday, 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ruban Haunte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rialto Café has space onsite for up to 200 guests. We can also deliver to your office. Call 303-260-4732 for more information.
- Entertainment: Best Downtown Happy Hour[s] Happening Everyday! From 3-6pm we feature $5-6 Cocktails, $4 Wines & Mixed Drinks, $3 Drafts and Discounted Appetizers.
- Special Events: We've got SIN! Industry Special: 2 for 1 Drinks every evening after 9:30pm - close!
- Cross Street: Between Champa & Curtis
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Rialto offers discounted parking in the evening after 4:30pm and all day on the weekends at Independence Plaza. The entrance is located on Curtis Street between 16th and 17th on the west side of the street. Call 303-893-2233 for details.
A word from Rialto Cafe
Food With Spirit. Situated in the heart of downtown Denver on the popular 16th Street Mall, Rialto Cafe is a stylish, upbeat restaurant and bar featuring expertly prepared American foods. Using only the freshest of ingredients for his dishes, Executive Chef Ruban prepares a wide variety of foods ranging from Grilled Pork Chops, lightly smoked with a spiced cider jus, to Pan Roasted Salmon with a ginger cherry chutney. Offering simpler dishes such as the Rialto Burger or the popular Warm Roasted Chicken Salad, Rialto Cafe can please any palate and accommodate any price range. Rialto is within walking distance of the Denver Center of Performing Arts, Denver Pavilions, Convention Center, Comedy Works, and the Light Rail. Voted "Best In Denver" in several categories, Rialto Cafe offers the ultimate Denver dining experience. Rialto also offers discounted parking for night and weekends. Call for details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Rialto Cafe - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Rialto Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (28)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (13)late-night find (12)romantic (12)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Overall outstanding dining experience!FoodieFanVIPDined on 11/23/2014Great brunch!! - food was perfectly prepared and tasted delicious- one of the best-prepred poached eggs I have ever had! Everyone else in our party enjoyed tier eggs as well including scrambled eggs, over easy and Eggs Benedict. The service was caring and attentive! We were offered water and coffee refills frequently. The ambiance is wonderful as well with an energetic downstairs and also upstairs seating where we happened to be sitting- but also lively and cheerful. The complimentary fruit / pastry bar downstairs is another bonus. Looking forward to returning to Rialto in the future- it gets my high recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was extremely animated and food was good.BigcatDined on 11/17/2014They did well accommodating a larger group. Menu is simple and the food was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .parking was $$$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The only negative was I paid $16 for valet parking. This is outragious. Rialto should stamp the tix. Free parking on the street on Sundays. What a joke. Try to find a space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, mediocre serviceBerkovitzVIPDined on 11/15/2014We chose the Rialto as a pre-theater dinner spot. The food was nothing more than mediocre -- edible, but not impressive in any way. The service was on par with the food. Our waiter knew very little about wines and was no help in making a selection. And towards the end of the meal when we expressed an interest in desert, we mentioned that we needed to leave at a certain time to make the show. Despite that, our waiter took so long to return to take our desert order, that we no longer had the time for it. The big pros of the Rialto were the parking garage just across the street at Independence Plaza and the two-block distance to the Performing Arts Center. Despite that, I'd rather walk a couple blocks further next time and find a truly enjoyable meal.
- My favorite pre show spot2fordinnerDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I are theater subscribers and our favorite preshow dining is the Rialto. I even hit it for lunch before matinee. The food is never disappointing and the service is prompt and friendly. We always ask for Ben. Only once in three years have we not gotten out in plenty of time to get to the theater. Ben was not available that night. Our arrival time is generally 6 pm. If you want to have a perfect evening start at The Rialto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rialto is always goodHarrylVIPDined on 11/2/2014We ate off the pre-theatre menu and appreciate getting free parking as a result. Rialto always serves good food, our server was professional, knowledgeable and friendly.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent choice for dining before theatre performance. Our waiter did an outstanding job of taking care of us and making sure that we made it in time for the show. The food was excellent and service was superb. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.....TomasVIPDined on 10/21/2014Went there when I saw that Chicken Pot Pie was one of their signature items. I must say I was disappointed. Not the chicken pot pie my Mom made. It was ok--but not when it's billed as a 'signature item.' Good service, though, from a very friendly staff. And I must say that my mixed drink--a Manhattan--was terrific.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zombie Night in DenverbothRhappyDined on 10/18/2014We love Rialto Cafe, we have always had delicious food there and great service. This time we made a reservation for the same night as the Zombie Walk on 16th Street, (Oct 18th) and the place was a full of intoxicated zombies! So noisy and rowdy you could not hear across the table. We had drinks and appetizers and had to leave to have a conversation. I still love this restaurant, but I'll leave it to the zombies next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just too noisyJerryVIPDined on 10/18/2014My friend and I have eaten at Rialto numerous times before going to a Colorado Symphony Concert. The food is always delicious and we enjoy the varied selections on the menu. However, our experience last Saturday evening, 10/19, 5:30p. was almost a disaster due to the EXTREMELY LOUD!! talking, yelling,, etc. The food "saved" the experience. In the future we will try to check what is happening in downtown Denver before making a dinner reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularCeliacfriendlyDined on 10/13/2014When you walk in there is a fresh beauty to the restaurant. The menu decadently covers a spanish appeal. The drinks were delicious as was the special offered. I ended up order another drink after asking for the bill because they were very unique and tasty. The Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita was it's name. The special were tacos, I do not know what kind or what was on them, but the waitress sold us it when she offered it. We took time to look over the menu just to be sure, but the special was very special to say the lease.Special Features:
- Kitchen starsCathcamVIPDined on 10/4/2014They took our reservation for 11:45pm, and still had a full staff in the kitchen, rather than order entrees, we ordered 5 appetizers. We did ask for them to be bought out as soon as they were ready, however they bought out corn bread and then four of the appetizers at once... the 5t never arrived, but neither did it show on the bill so that worked out ok as with the corn bread, we'd had enough. Good service, great crowd, well done to the kitchen!Special Features:
- Great food great serviceBudmanDined on 10/2/2014Consistently reliable great food try the bison meatloaf. Generous pours on the drinks fantastic service attentive and not rushedSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchCflorenceDined on 9/28/2014I had a great meal! the menu had several good choice for a moderate budget, plus the $12 bottomless mimosas are a great deal! I like that I can choose a different juice for every mimosa. I had the Hangover cure burger it was delicious! I think the fruit and pastry bar with your meal is a nice touch. I will eat here again!Special Features:
- Sublety aboundsJimHDined on 9/27/2014Very restrained decor and very subtle flavors in the food. This is not a networking place as you need to concentrate on all the flavors in each bite. I's a challenge to figure all the flavors out.Special Features:
- Food & Service Great...MarkusDined on 9/24/2014Had an outdoor seat and it was great weather for it, so a good experience overall!Special Features:
- Nice place to meet friends2fortheroadDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service from reservation online & very friendly staff at check in. They accommodated a table change for me quickly & efficiently.....which really helped with my meeting with a friend. Waiter service was excellent...supportive and not overly pushy...just right...and...thats nice to find. This was my first visit and I definitely will return and also recommend to my family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBabeDined on 9/20/2014My friends and I love Rialto! It's one of our favorite brunch spots in Denver. We were there this weekend to celebrate my 24th birthday. As usual the food was amazing (my steak & eggs were perfect) and of course we took advantage of the great deal on bottomless mimosas with juice bar. Also the service never fails to impress me here. My girlfriends and I are all servers and we're always so delighted by how friendly and consistently on point the wait staff is. I wish I could remember our servers name but I forgot it because were calling him smiley our entire visit. He effortlessly kept up with us 4 girls downing bottomless mimosas, took time to chat with us, and even took a group photo, all with a huge smile! Thanks Rialto, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always liked,just disappoints todayB2edVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always been a fan. Reasonable prices and great service. Went for a filet with a buy one get one. Way overcooked ... And by way I mean med rare was well done. Service was great. Manager checked in after the meal. Found a very reasonable bottle of cab as well.Special Features:
- Good food, atmosphereGood4CouplesDined on 9/19/2014We treat Rialto Cafe as a 'specialty' meal place, where we go when we need a date night of consequence.Special Features:
- Cool restaurant, great locationRandyDined on 9/19/2014This was our first trip to Rialto and we'll be back. It's only a few blocks from the DCPA and was a great place for dinner before a concert. It's a happening place, but not so loud we couldn't talk over dinner. The drinks were fun and the food quite good. Like I said - we'll be back.Special Features:
- Always reliable food and serviceluvDCPADined on 9/17/2014We love to go to the Rialto Cafe before performances at the DCPA. The food is reliable and service is always great.Special Features:
- Awesome for brunchfoodieintrainingVIPDined on 9/14/2014Amazing for Sunday brunch. Loved bottomless mimosas with lots of juice choices....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/13/14DG225Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good but be 100% sure your server knows if you are going to a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a little coldMTsalesmanDined on 9/11/2014The Chicken pot pie tasted good, but it wasn't hot. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!ElizabethDined on 9/9/2014I went to Rialto Cafe before going to a show at the Buell, it was a great spot! Our waiter asked if we were seeing a show and sped up our order to make sure we made the show. I highly recommend Rialto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater choicemy3sonsDined on 9/9/2014Initially selected Rialto since it is a quick walk from the Performing Arts Complex. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. And it was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening restaurantStacyDined on 9/5/2014Our waiter, Nathan was informative, attentive, and funny. The menu is good for the adventurous and not-so-adventurous. I was with 2 older ladies who raved about their steak all night. I had the Ahi tuna and it was equally wonderful. Thanks for a great, low key evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect lunch especially Friday!!!CarlaVZVIPDined on 9/5/2014went there for their onion soup and salad special to find that it was Free Beer Friday which meant free beer with our delicious lunch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DaylunchwithstyleDined on 9/2/2014We sat inside with the floor to ceiling window open - best of both worlds on a sunny Colorado day, excellent service, fabulous food and inspiring conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinneroccasionaldinerDined on 8/30/2014We chose Rialto because the menu looked good and the prices were more reasonable than some other nice downtown restaurants. We were very happy with our choice. The service was great. Carter was very attentive and helped us with our selections. I mentioned that it was our anniversary and he brought us a special dessert on the house. We would go again.Special Features:
- RandLDined on 8/28/2014Service was good food good and all in all a nice late nite dinnerSpecial Features:
- enjoyable evening in DenverStashOnTheRoadDined on 8/28/2014Having nowhere to go we found the Rialto around the corner. very good service and menu with costs reasonable in an upscale seetting.Special Features:
- Come for drinks not the food!foodbratDined on 8/16/2014This was my first time to Rialto Cafe. I have heard only good things about this place but when I ordered my Eggs Benedict it was more like boiled eggs and Hollandaise sauce... NOT GOOD! But the bloody mary bar and bottomless mimosas with yummy juice bar definitely made up for that. I would still recommend this place for brunch just watch what you order. My fiance had the hangover burger and it was very good!Special Features:
- They have it together.CheapSeatsDined on 8/14/2014Impressed by the wait staff and the quality of the food. Very happy with the Ahi Tuna and received a significant portion that was cooked perfectly as well seasoned well. Loved the cornbread they serve automatically to begin the dinner in a hot skillet. They willingly brought another one after dinner and we ended up making dessert out of it. The food was served quickly by couple of servers. Will go back at the first opportunity we have instead of some of the other old reliables we are used to. And next excellent value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParticularDined on 8/5/2014Had their "spcial" fish sandwitch. It was cod and was way over cooked. Also, asked for something other than the Kaiser roll for the bread. I told them I wanted less bread and they brought it out on a Kaiser roll and then when they replaced it, they put it on Texas toast.Special Features:
- The following 1056 reviews are from the Rialto Cafe reviews archive.
- Brunch is always great at RialtoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2014We had brunch this past weekend at the Rialto. As usual, the food was excellent - Rialto Burger, blueberry pancakes with sausage - and our server went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. In addition to their various entrees, they also have a fruit and pasty bar as well, not to mention the bottomless Mimosas! We hadn't been there in a while, but it's nice to see their standards have remained as high as I remember.Special Features:
- Great Pre-Show DinnerCOFoodieDined on 7/12/2014We had tickets to a show at DCPA and I was looking for someplace reasonably close and that looked like they had good food. Rialto didn't fail. The food was good, our waiter was exceptional and it was a relaxing place to eat. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Prompt seating, great! Service was good! Food wasn't prepared like I requested. Overall, it was a nice experience & I will give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Overpriced Hamburger jointluvrockymtsVIPDined on 6/24/2014We went to this restaurant because it was on 16th street, a hot spot for tourist. We wanted to show our friends from out of town a good time. This restaurant seemed like a good place to hang out. We loved the fact that you could watch people pass by as you ate, but the inside of the restaurant where we sat did not have the great ambiance that we were hoping for. If there is only a small group, it would have been fun to sit outside. The food was ok. I think that it was overpriced for what you get. Three coconut shrimp were $10 as an appetizer. The chicken chopped salad at $13 was not special either. The service, however, was great and the people were very kind. I don't think I'll go back for the food...Special Features: