934 Sixteenth Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rialtocafe.com/
- Phone: 3038932233x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hours: Everyday, 3:00pm - 6:00pm and 9:30 to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: MIchael Dodge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Best Downtown Happy Hour[s] Happening Everyday! From 3-6pm we feature $5 Cocktails, $4 Wines & Mixed Drinks, $3 Drafts and $4.99 Appetizers. At 9:30pm-Close, all regular-priced drinks are Half Off and Appetizers are still just $4.99.
- Special Events: We've got SIN! Industry Special: 2 for 1 Drinks every evening after 9:30pm - close!
- Cross Street: Between Champa & Curtis
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Rialto offers discounted parking in the evening after 4:30pm and all day on the weekends at Independence Plaza. The entrance is located on Curtis Street between 16th and 17th on the west side of the street. Call 303-893-2233 for details.
A word from Rialto Cafe
Food With Spirit. Situated in the heart of downtown Denver on the popular 16th Street Mall, Rialto Cafe is a stylish, upbeat restaurant and bar featuring expertly prepared American foods. Using only the freshest of ingredients for his dishes, Executive Chef Ruban prepares a wide variety of foods ranging from Grilled Pork Chops, lightly smoked with a spiced cider jus, to Pan Roasted Salmon with a ginger cherry chutney. Offering simpler dishes such as the Rialto Burger or the popular Warm Roasted Chicken Salad, Rialto Cafe can please any palate and accommodate any price range. Rialto is within walking distance of the Denver Center of Performing Arts, Denver Pavilions, Convention Center, Comedy Works, and the Light Rail. Voted "Best In Denver" in several categories, Rialto Cafe offers the ultimate Denver dining experience. Rialto also offers discounted parking for night and weekends. Call for details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rialto Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (25)great for brunch (24)good for groups (19)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (10)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)romantic (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We chose Rialto because the menu looked good and the prices were more reasonable than some other nice downtown restaurants. We were very happy with our choice. The service was great. Carter was very attentive and helped us with our selections. I mentioned that it was our anniversary and he brought us a special dessert on the house. We would go again.Special Features:
- RandLDined on 8/28/2014Service was good food good and all in all a nice late nite dinnerSpecial Features:
- enjoyable evening in DenverStashOnTheRoadDined on 8/28/2014Having nowhere to go we found the Rialto around the corner. very good service and menu with costs reasonable in an upscale seetting.Special Features:
- Come for drinks not the food!foodbratDined on 8/16/2014This was my first time to Rialto Cafe. I have heard only good things about this place but when I ordered my Eggs Benedict it was more like boiled eggs and Hollandaise sauce... NOT GOOD! But the bloody mary bar and bottomless mimosas with yummy juice bar definitely made up for that. I would still recommend this place for brunch just watch what you order. My fiance had the hangover burger and it was very good!Special Features:
- They have it together.CheapSeatsDined on 8/14/2014Impressed by the wait staff and the quality of the food. Very happy with the Ahi Tuna and received a significant portion that was cooked perfectly as well seasoned well. Loved the cornbread they serve automatically to begin the dinner in a hot skillet. They willingly brought another one after dinner and we ended up making dessert out of it. The food was served quickly by couple of servers. Will go back at the first opportunity we have instead of some of the other old reliables we are used to. And next excellent value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParticularDined on 8/5/2014Had their "spcial" fish sandwitch. It was cod and was way over cooked. Also, asked for something other than the Kaiser roll for the bread. I told them I wanted less bread and they brought it out on a Kaiser roll and then when they replaced it, they put it on Texas toast.Special Features:
- Brunch is always great at RialtoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2014We had brunch this past weekend at the Rialto. As usual, the food was excellent - Rialto Burger, blueberry pancakes with sausage - and our server went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. In addition to their various entrees, they also have a fruit and pasty bar as well, not to mention the bottomless Mimosas! We hadn't been there in a while, but it's nice to see their standards have remained as high as I remember.Special Features:
- Great Pre-Show DinnerCOFoodieDined on 7/12/2014We had tickets to a show at DCPA and I was looking for someplace reasonably close and that looked like they had good food. Rialto didn't fail. The food was good, our waiter was exceptional and it was a relaxing place to eat. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Prompt seating, great! Service was good! Food wasn't prepared like I requested. Overall, it was a nice experience & I will give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Overpriced Hamburger jointluvrockymtsVIPDined on 6/24/2014We went to this restaurant because it was on 16th street, a hot spot for tourist. We wanted to show our friends from out of town a good time. This restaurant seemed like a good place to hang out. We loved the fact that you could watch people pass by as you ate, but the inside of the restaurant where we sat did not have the great ambiance that we were hoping for. If there is only a small group, it would have been fun to sit outside. The food was ok. I think that it was overpriced for what you get. Three coconut shrimp were $10 as an appetizer. The chicken chopped salad at $13 was not special either. The service, however, was great and the people were very kind. I don't think I'll go back for the food...Special Features:
- Not impressedUninspiredDined on 6/15/2014Not particularly impressed with the food especially for the prices charged.
- Memorable Eveningnade01Dined on 5/29/2014I took a group of 10 with special payment arrangements for 6 of them and the waiter handled it professionally. The appetizers were amazing! We ordered the Calamari, truffle fries & Artichoke Dip. Our food was prepared to our liking and all ended up trying several of the desserts! Yummo!! A great time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/29/2014As always, you can't go wrong at Rialto Cafe. Good service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deanearDined on 5/28/2014Girls nite out..food was so good, our waiter tall alex the best (so polite) we sat in a back corner booth. The steak diane was a bit salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater BrunchluvdowntownDined on 5/18/2014Friends had lunch/brunch before going to see a show. I love the ambiance, reminds me of a New York City, local, gem. The waiter was great, warm and friendly and kept our drinks refilled even though he was very busy. All four of us loved our meals, from eggs benedict to grilled salmon, it was all excellent. The only small criticism is the "fruit and pastry bar" that is included for brunch is pretty anemic. A few grapes and some fresh pineapple and scones and fruit/cream cheese danish that looked and tasted like it came out of the day old grocery store shelf. Nothing to get excited about, but fortunately our meal was great, so didn't miss the sad fruit and pastry. A great meal, and very nice experience.Special Features:
- TomPDined on 5/18/2014Great atmosphere food was pretty good Our particular waiter was particularly inattentive, but we noticed other wait staff was much more attentive to their tables.Special Features:
- Great place!normaljoeDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I found this place while in Denver for our anniversary. We were both very happy with the ambience, food and service. Very reasonable prices (especially for the quality). We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before theater diningJackDined on 5/16/2014This is a good place to eat if you are going to the theater complex to see a show or concert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a Show2fordinnerDined on 5/16/2014The Rialto is my favorite dinner place before attending a show at DCPA. The service is friendly and helpful and the food is always good. They cater to theater goers and we are always finished in time for a performance.Special Features:
- A Bit disapointingFoodLover5200Dined on 5/11/2014There were 5 of us for mothers day, this was our first time for Brunch. All of us had been here quite a few times for dinner and have always enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately for 2 of us they only had a set menu and were not offering their standard menu as an option. And we were not very thrilled with the options. The Ladies all found something they liked and enjoyed their meals. My friend and I tried the Banana french toast, but neither one of us cared very much for it, and both had errors. We had both requested the bananas on the side, and his were on top, I had requested crispy bacon, and it was about the same as you would find in a buffet line. Also disappointing to the whole group was the fruit/pastry area not much there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the RialtoJudyDined on 5/10/2014As always the food and service was excellent, love the bottomless mimosas. Unfortunately, our table of four was seated next to a table of 12 energetic 20 somethings, so we could barely have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good downtown lunch spotjhl1Dined on 5/8/2014Rialto Cafe serves reliable, well-prepared food, in a slightly noisy, but cozy, atmosphere. Our service was excellent. Lunch selections were well-considered and prices within an acceptable range for a downtown restaurant lunch. It is nice that there are a range of side dishes that can be substituted for the usual fries or coleslaw, so I chose tasty sauteed green beans to accompany my Reuben sandwich.Special Features:
- The following 1040 reviews are from the Rialto Cafe reviews archive.
- not greatfirstdenvervisitDined on 5/4/2014the restaurant was nearly empty the service was very slow the steak was not cooked as ordered
- Girls day outlunchbunchDined on 5/3/2014What a great place - 10 of us met for lunch before the theater. Didn't feel rushed at all. Thanks for a great day.Special Features:
- Great food and service!MtndinerDined on 4/26/2014We've dropped in a couple of times when downtown, the food is fantastic and the service is great.Special Features:
- Good for brunch!ARLODined on 4/20/2014Nice outdoor music on the 16th street mall, very nice!Special Features:
- great service and food!sboo85Dined on 4/20/2014Went to the Rialto Cafe for Easter brunch and the mimosa and bloody mary bar was delicious! For my entree I had stacked huevos and it was light and delicious. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the ShowMikeDined on 4/19/2014We always seem to end up at Rialto before we go to a play or show in the theater district. It is a nice walking distance and the food is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenience the keyTrytheoddDined on 4/18/2014We were heading to a charity event at Hard Rock downtown. My girlfriend has problems walking long distances, so Rialto was a perfect choice. Their arrangement with Indepebdence Plaza for parking, not only saved us $, but also allowed us to park close. Because both Rialto and our destination are both right on 16th Street, we could take the mall shuttle. The food and service were both better than expected and remembered from my last visit here several years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rialto pre-theatreSeekVIPDined on 4/17/2014Free parking. Good food selection and quality. Outstanding service by Darwin. A very pleasant experience. We will repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverstatedJaviDined on 4/11/2014We went to the Rialto on a recommendation from a friend. The chicken pot pie was watery... More like soup. The steak we ordered was medium q and it was extremely undercooked. The waitress was very nice and had the steak price removed from the bill. Ambience great, food not s great. Perhaps it was an off night.Special Features:
- Great time dining outdoorsroadwarriorVIPDined on 4/9/2014Great time dining outdoors and people watching. Enjoyed the tempura asparagus and the club sandwich was delicious with fresh ingredients.Special Features:
- My eggs were old and coldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014My eggs were old and cold as were my grandmother's. The eggs seemed to be last little bit of scrabbled eggs in the pot which would have excusable if it was a buffet. But it wasn't. Eggs should have been made to order. It took almost 30 minutes for us to receive our food. I don't how this could possible if the eggs were already precooked. My dad order the banana French toast it had so many raisins/dates in the bread that it should have been called raisin/date French toast. Also the fruit and pastry bar was overly picked through and selection was very small, luckily it was included in the price of our meals. I have been to this restaurant before and it was so much better. This time it was just underwhelmed for the price :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSkywalkerDined on 4/6/2014Definitely will be coming back and I will also invite my friends! They should experience this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had reservations,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014My husband and I had reservations, I called several hours before asking them to give us a seat which was wheelchair accessible (thinking they would be prepared) the receptionist had no idea and was flustered trying to think/act on her feet and accommodate us. We were seated next to a large party who allowed four young children to jump on the seats, throw food and the parents stood idly by. (This was in no way the restaurant's fault, but when I'm out for a nice dinner before a play- I was hoping for better ambience) The scene was FAR from romantic, which was what I was hoping for. Our waiter was very helpful and accommodating, but the food was AWFUL, needless to say we won't be back.
- Excellent brunch menu includingLynnDined on 3/23/2014Excellent brunch menu including unlimited fruit and pastry bar. Nathan is a very attentive and helpful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014I enjoyed y'all's brunch last Sunday. Our waiter Taylor did excellent especially since my sister was giving him a hard time, being funny. We'll be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service here was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2014The service here was outstanding -- my waiter (I wish I could remember his name!) took immediate care of me and let ME set the pace of my meal. The calamari was good, but I would have loved to have had a separate cup for dipping sauce. The chicken pot pie was FABULOUS -- light and flaky, yet still "comforting". I'd definitely return here for dinner before a show at the performing arts center.
- Great Gluten Free MenuAlyssaVIPDined on 3/19/2014Our group has vegetarians and gluten sensitive folks, and it is hard to find a place that serves these needs. Rialto was one of the few places downtown that had something everyone could eat. And it was delicious, too. Our service was great and I will be back.Special Features:
- Theatre EveningSeasonedDined on 3/18/2014This restaurant was convenient to the Performing Arts Center. The menu was varried and interesting. The food was good and our waiter was excellent. A nice easy walk from the Buell.I would recommend this to a friend.