Ri Ra Irish Pub - Charlotte
208 N Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Ri Ra Irish Pub - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rira.com/rira/charlotte.html
- Phone: (704) 333-5554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a separate room available for functions with it's own bar. Patio is also available for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Purgar 7043335554
- Entertainment: Traditional Irish "Session" music every Sunday evening. Live acoustic Wednesday and Thursday nights and Live cover bands Friday and Saturday late night. DJ on opposite floor the weekends.
A word from Ri Ra Irish Pub - Charlotte
Meticulously restored in Ireland and shipped to the US, Ri Ra embodies everything that you would expect from a genuine Irish Pub. Ri Ra comes from the phrase "Ri Ra agus Ruaile Buaile," a phrase translating roughly as divilment, good fun or any sociable activity that improves with fine food, a nice pint of Guinness or dram of Uisce Beatha (whiskey). Ri Ra can be defined as place or state where exuberance and revelry prevail, where music and merriment compete and the conversation flows smooth as the Guinness ebbs in the glass. Slainte!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ri Ra Irish Pub - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Ri Ra Irish Pub - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Mmm...lft14Dined on 11/8/2014I have been to Ri Ra several times over the last 8 years. Always impressed by quality of the food. Not this time. The menu was much simpler, (And cheaper), it reflected in the food which was OK , but no better, (Sheppard's Pie and Fish and Chips). My 1st choice of beer was Smithwicks, a popular Irish beer here in the States, they were out of stock with that and several other beers. The service was good.Special Features:
- Not your average 'Bar Food'ncstargazingDined on 11/5/2014Great food at a reasonable price. I had the BBQ Chicken with crispy onions and baked beans. The chicken was tender, saucy, and delicious. Their baked beans are made with kidney beans. Must be an Irish thing. Still, they were quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014Stopped in following a day of meetings in Charlotte. Menu is Irish pub grub. The food was good, solid pub fare. Our service was very good. a great place for a pint of Guiness.Special Features:
- RobykinDined on 10/26/2014I was disappointed. The food was average and took a long time considering we only ordered burgers. Waiter never checked back with us once we got the food. Had to finally ask for the tab. Will not go back.
- Great Birthday Celebration Spot!MsDonnaDined on 10/25/2014It was our friend's 60th birthday celebration and Ri Ra's turned out to be the perfect spot! There were 10 of us ladies and the place was really crowded since it was Saturday night AND there were lots of Halloween and other events going on in downtown Charlotte. With our reservations we received quick seating and superb service that was quick and gracious. The food was reasonably priced and served hot and fresh. The bar menu was extensive and the drink specials were great. And, it was a fun, fun place to be. I hope to celebrate there again soon even if to just celebrate the weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fries With a That Guiness?artgirlDined on 10/17/2014Yummy Hand Cut Fries, and you don't have to settle for a "bud" at Ri Ra's Irish tables in their bar, which offers up plenty traditional Irish foods and liquid choices, like Shepherds Pie or a Guinness. But, if you want a burger you can opt for that too, as I did. They were out of brisket so I might have to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErvingVIPDined on 10/7/2014Best fish and chips I've ever had. Fish was very moist - coating was light and flavorful. Also great fries! Would highly recommend as a fun place to eat uptown Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Setting - and Good FoodGoHokiesDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed the setting - it did have a feel for an older Irish Pub. Food included some traditional Irish meals and some typical American dishes with an Irish twist. Good location - we went to dinner before seeing a show at the Belk Theater, only a block away (short walk!).Special Features:
- AMAZING!DeeeVIPDined on 10/5/2014Every time I have guests come in from out of town, we take them to the roof top of Ri Ra! Great views, great service and amazing food! I go out to eat quite often, but this last time that I was at Ri Ra the food was probably one of the best I've EVER eaten. I cannot wait to go back....even if I just get take out!!Special Features:
- AuthenticMikeyDined on 10/1/2014Great pub, great food. Downstairs can be very noisy and hard to hear, but you always have the option to sit upstairs. We have ate there many times and the food is always consistently good!Special Features:
- Can't beat 1/2 burger MondayUptownWorkerDined on 9/29/2014Great place to go, especially on Mondays for their 1/2 burgers. Also a great place to watch soccer games with your friends. I work Uptown and it is on my list of rotating restaurants to eat lunch. My go to is the Hot & Smoky burger but I also enjoy the Pub BurgerSpecial Features:
- A Taste of Dublintweety08VIPDined on 8/25/2014We sat outside for lunch since it was a beautiful day and enjoyed the breeze! I had The Dubliner lamburger, which is my favorite, and my friend had the brisket sandwich, which was also very good. I took a group there for an after work Happy Hour recently and the staff was very friendly and the appetizers were delicious!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014What a great find. The food was good and the price was right. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodcjdumontDined on 8/19/2014Great place to go and grab a quick bit after work in uptown CharlotteSpecial Features:
- terrible service and great foodeatnoutDined on 8/3/2014Recently took my employees to a Sunday Brunch. the food was its usual awesome. the server was pathetic. everything wrong orders,drinks, attitude. Handing items over table,in front of people. Had 2 irish b/fasts. did not know what the diff was between poached/over easy eggs Last order wrong stood with a deer in the head lites.The rest of us (5) were finished before the right order came out. Someone else brought my OJ...response..I was wondering how that was going to get here.Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Ri Ra Irish Pub - Charlotte reviews archive.
- TheaterGroupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We enjoy eating there prior to going to a play for the food is very good, they always are able to accommodate our party of 6 and the noise level does not prevent us from having enjoyable conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kms5Dined on 7/4/2014Great !wonderful food. Great atmosphere. Had a wonderful dinner outsideSpecial Features:
- PenchiepenchieDined on 6/26/2014The waiter was new and had difficulty handling more than one request at a time. However, he did try very hard to please. The food arrived in a timely manner and everyone in my party enjoyed what they ordered. The restaurant was very noisy due to the large bar crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start of a Wonderful Date NightMarchsnowDined on 5/31/2014Decided to take my husband out for dinner, prior to attending the theater. Couldn't have made a better choice. The shepherd's pie was delicious, but I have to say that his country-fried bacon burger with sawmill gravy looked amazing. Can't report personally on taste, as he didn't leave me a single morsel. At our server's recommendation, we shared the Guinness sundae for dessert, which was a perfect way to end the meal. If you go, definitely sign up for the loyalty card, you will be using it.Special Features:
- Rooftop fun!NCdinerDined on 5/11/2014Dinner was good, service attentive and rooftop was a big plus!Special Features:
- Excellentgms3461Dined on 4/26/2014Had a great time and the food was very good. Always a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!CannibalKingDined on 4/17/2014I've been going to Ri Ra for 12 years. I visit a few times a year and Ri Ra is always reliable. The food is tasty, the atmosphere is friendly and the beer is smooth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, just be specific!IrishdinerDined on 4/11/2014Great Irish menu and fun atmosphere. Just be specific if you make a reservation. We asked for a place away from noise which we got...no one was anywhere near us, but they sat us next to the door that leads to outdoor seating which loudly banged against the frame every time a waiter went in or out. So, no people noise, but lots of banging. The restaurant itself is great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.karalukeVIPDined on 4/9/2014Nothing special. My fish & chips was very greasy and not very flavorful, but the shepherd's pie was pretty decent. Great location. Our server was pretty nice, though.
- It was okayhhcgatorVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was alright...nothing really outstanding. They have rooftop/outdoor dining which is nice. I was just disappointed in the food. Husband had the corned beef which came covered in a white sauce and was not at all appetizing to look at when on the plate. I just had a chopped salad that was good - a bit too heavily dressed for my preference, but good. The service was good. They weren't really that busy on the Saturday evening we went.Special Features:
- Great First DateCDSimowskiDined on 3/21/2014I have been to the ol' Irish Pub over the past years, always wanted to share the experience. Met a nice lady so for our "first date" I pulled up reservations online for 8:45PM on a Friday night and we had a great meal, Guinness, and closed the evening with good music and our first kiss! What more can I say than the food was great and the atmosphere was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots to offerJaymeVIPDined on 3/19/2014We really like Ri Ra. It's gorgeous inside, for one thing - great atmosphere. Have always been really impressed with the servers. Many of them come from Ireland, which adds to the appeal. Our waitress for dinner on this occasion was absolutely a doll and took good care of us. The food is not exceptional, but it's better than most bar food and it's reasonably priced. They also use some creativity, which I like. We came here for New Years Eve, too and really enjoyed the ambiance and the band. For a bar, this place really has a lot to offer.Special Features:
- Real Irish, Real Good!RealrishGirlDined on 3/16/2014Couldn't get in the door after the St. Pat's parade so we made a point to book for the next day. Great authentic Irish grub - and waiter. Only issue was a very loud group beside us which wouldn't normally be a problem if the pub was full but it was pouring rain outside so not a lot of people made it out. Made the loud group a bit obnoxious. Great ambiance otherwise. Def put this one on your list if you want Irish. Easy fast booking with Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally we have a good experienceaaaaVIPDined on 2/5/2014Generally we have a good experience at RiRa at the weekend, this was our first time mid-week at 6 p.m. While the food was just ok - salmon prepared as requested, the waitress warned us about the corn beef and it really tasted like a bland pot roast with little if non-of the spice we have come to expect. Server was slow to take our order and then forgot to bring the salads before the entree - and service continued so slow we needed to cut coffee and dessert to make a 7:30 show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJoeCDined on 1/26/2014Good food, good service, good ambiance, reasonable prices. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining special!sfindlanDined on 1/25/2014RiRa's had a 3 course dinner special for only 20 bucks! Several entrees - I did a Sheperd's Pie and my wife had bangers and mash...both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantThePinkPrincessDined on 1/25/2014Food and service was excellent. Try the corn beef and fish and chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very comfortablePriceisright7Dined on 1/20/2014I love that Ri Ra hires staff from Ireland, the the food was great. Love the comfortable vibe.Special Features:
- okflowersDined on 1/12/2014I wish we could have sat downstairs, we would have liked to listen to the singer. Our server wasn't the best. We had our gratuity added to a party of six. Thought that was kind of weird.Special Features:
- Great live music after 6 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2014Great live music after 6 pm - fun ambiance. A little noisy for large group conversation, but great for a small group. We stopped for dinner before going to a concert and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints! Great Anytime!BgorVIPDined on 1/6/2014Ri Ra's is a small Irish inspired restaurant chain located in uptown Charlotte. We go here semi-reguarly and especially on Mondays for their half off burgers all day. Great deal and if you go from 4-6pm, there's half off appetizers as well. I believe they're transitioning their menu, but we tried something new, "untraditional potato cakes", which was duck confit potato cakes. They were excellent. Additionally, we went with the Mai Tai Burger, which includes peanut butter with an asian twist. It's was delicious as well. I'd recommend Ri Ra's for lunch, dinner, apps, or late night drinks. Basically, anytime!Special Features:
- Always a good choicethudsonVIPDined on 1/3/2014Our waitress helped with food questions & suggestions, was quick on service and super friendly. The salmon boxty was fantastic,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ri Ra Irish PubSandraDined on 1/1/2014We had an excellent meal with a very fun dynamic atmosphere. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surprisenomnomDined on 12/31/2013Chose Ri-Rahs basically because we could get a last-minute reservation for New Year's eve. Were meeting our daughters who were going the a play at the Blumenthal, so decided to eat and meet up with them later. The food was great and despite the restaurant being very crowded ( as expected on New Year's eve), the service was wonderful. We both had the dinner special which was a pork roast with potatoes and carrots along with a salad. The prices were very reasonable as well. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let the good times roll!GREATDined on 12/31/2013What a great place to meet or socialize with friends and f as Emily.Wide selection if food variety and drinks.Desert and speciality coffee wad a bonus too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.