1510 Anchors Way Dr
Ventura, CA 93001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rhumblineventura.com/
- Phone: (805) 642-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday -Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Sunday:10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday- Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chad Mandel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Amazing dishes, tasty cocktails, and an incredible happy hour in one of the most picturesque locations in the Ventura Harbor. We proudly introduce Rhumb Line, the Sunset Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Fitzpatrick 8056427482
- Entertainment: Piano Bar and live music. Please call for schedule.
A word from Rhumb Line
Newly remodeled water front restaurant with incredible views of Ventura Harbor and the most stunning sunsets anywhere in Southern California. Fresh seafood from the fishing boats to our kitchens and moderately priced for our customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Rhumb Line - Best Restaurants in Ventura ›
Rhumb Line reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (35)special occasion (20)romantic (17)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great experienceTorontoLADined on 11/23/2014I was looking for place to have a dinner for 7 people in late Sunday afternoon. Open table offered this location as highly recommended. The place has wide windows, it was a sunset time and we had a chance to enjoy a spectacular view. The food was very good. We tried several seafood dishes and they were excellent. Enormous size kids portions.Special Features:
- Great TimetmegowanDined on 11/21/2014Food and service was fantastic. I had the Duck and my wife had the scallops. Both were cooked to perfection and we both enjoyed them. The view was great as we were there for the sunset. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow and it was not busy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Food was average. It is a limited menu. The restaurant is beautiful, both in location and interior. The reservation was easily made and the table was set for the appropriate seating number. Service was pleasant. -- The largest disappointment is the food itself. --- Our table of 6 ordered a variety of menu items and none were exceptional. The fish and chips is a generous portion and decent. -- A group member asked for complimentary desserts due to the length in service time, and all deserts were pleasant. There were several gluten free dessert options. --- If you want a place for atmosphere and a full bar, and maybe dessert, this location is ideal. If you are looking for a good meal, or a well priced meal, this is not the place.Special Features:
- Best Harbor View!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Had an outstanding brunch at Rhumb Line! We had a couple of picky eaters with us, and our server made sure that they were accommodated. The food was delicious and the ambience can't be beat! Our new "go to" spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experience.GingerDined on 11/15/2014We visited in a Saturday night with a very last minute reservation through open table. No need to make a reservation because it was very slow. The ambiance is good, live music was a nice bonus. View is nice and seating arrangement is good. The wine list was only so so. If you want unique wines in ca you won't find a lot on the list but it suffices for what we needed. Our dinners were nicely prepared and tasted good. We both had the specials and they were good. Only complaint is that the waitress made such a big deal about ordering water because of the drought is was a little over the top but not that big of a deal to prevent us from going back. Nice surprise for a last minute dinner out. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014great service....good food...friendly staff...we had asked for a view table and we were accommodated...yet most tables seem to have a view..ours was a larger party so we were happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the Rhumb LinedrdanjDined on 10/24/2014We have come to love the Rhumb Line. The setting could not be better, overlooking the entire Ventura Harbor. Get there before sunset if you can (and bring sunglasses if you face the sunset, it is just beautiful). The dishes are lovely, well-proportioned, well prepared. They have a very nice wine list, and make great drinks. Staff members are courteous and friendly. We especially love to go there when Karen and Joe are playing their ballads on a weekend. Their lovely harmonies add to the ambiance. Their main menu is great (scallops are great), and specials often are just that - special. We've had many great evenings there, and sometimes just go for drinks and a dessert to listen to Karen & Joe.Special Features:
- Value for the pricedineoftenDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is a little high priced for the amount of food served. The dinner entrees are $25.00 and up with salad, soup, etc. as an extra charge. Portions are medium sized, nothing extra. Vodka martini was $10.00 and not very good. Hardly no booze in it at all. Margarita, so, so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeTVIPDined on 10/5/2014We loved the place the food was great! We had a window seat so the view was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRY IT ONCE AND YOU'LL BE BACKAPPETITEMANDined on 10/5/2014I HAD LUNCH THE FIRST WEEK IT OPENED. I HAVE BEEN BACK SEVERAL TIMES AND ENJOYED THE FOOD EACH TIME. TRY TE CLASSIC EGGS BENEDICT, THE BEST IN TOWN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewRMHDDined on 10/4/2014We found this restaurant because we wanted a dog-friendly restaurant with a view. We got all that and great food, too!Special Features:
- Will try again.ahome2loveDined on 10/4/2014This is the first time we have eaten at Rhumb Line in over a year. Skip the oysters on the half, not cold enough, very bland and we both had one that tasted "off". Salmon which was amazing, seared scallops were ok. The view was amazing but the musical duo was too loud... we had to say " what? " quite a few times in our conversations and we were seated at the far side of the restaurant. The a/c was blowing full blast to the point that it was uncomfortable. Service was not so good-- asked for water a couple of times, had to ask for the bread basket and it finally came half way through dinner. Drinks were slow and the a/c was never adjusted even though it seemed others had complained as well. Prices are good & we will try again on a weekday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 10/4/2014The location is beautiful and the view is nice. We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and the person behind the podium (we later found out was the owner) was rude and didn't make us feel welcome. They proceeded to sit us at a table that had so much glare and sun that we couldn't look at each other. (No shade to put down or anything). When we asked to move, they said they had reservations.. Well, so did we. Finally, they moved us. We were about to leave. The food was okay, but not for the prices they charge. We were celebrating a birthday, and the cake they brought out tasted as if it had freezer burn and was not very good.Special Features:
- Excellent viewRalston4bDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant has a harbor view. Love it. The food was well season, entire party loved their food. Only thing is no kid's menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDFenjoyDined on 9/22/2014It was a good thing they weren't busy when we arrived, because they didn't have our reservation. We were seated by the window to watch the beautiful sunset, but without a shade, we had to wear sunglasses and cover our eyes until the sun went down. BUT, the food was very good. The waitress allowed us to enjoy our conversation and served us. My suggestion, which I appreciate in other restaurants, have a dessert that has a taste of several choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as alwaysPrettyperkypeggyVIPDined on 9/21/2014We so enjoy an evening at Rhumb Line. Whether it is a special occasion or just a relaxed evening out. The food and service are so consistent and the setting is superb. The mushroom soup is a a standard favorite - very rich and full of succulent mushroom flavor. I had the gazpacho knowing the season is ending soon, and it was fresh and flavorful. My sea bass melted in my mouth and they were very nice about substituting brussel sprouts for the risotto that was to have come with the dish. Our two guests raved about the filet. That it is a little off the beaten path makes it a nice quiet getaway.Special Features:
- Second Dining Experien1sttimedinnerDined on 8/24/2014Food was a little overcooked, although had reservations for window seating, was unable to get window seating. Enjoyed my first dining experience, this time wasn't so great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch at Ventura HarborHarborviewsDined on 8/24/2014Great view, excellent food and great desserts. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. We were served our food timely. No hassle about substitutions either. Truly an enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- Very pleasant experienceIC80Dined on 8/17/2014We maid reservation for Sunday 2 pm. What a surprise it was a call from the restaurant letting us know that if we come 15 minutes earlier we can still order from brunch menu which is good from 11 to 2. We did order $3.50 Bloody Mary and Mimosa that were pretty good. Fluffy pancakes were a little dry unless you put plenty butter and sirop. Fry potatoes are excellent. My favorite was a bowl of claim chowder - yumm!!!! The view... Wonderful! We also liked bar area that is facing windows. Next time might do just that. Service was excellent, our waiter Jennifer was very attentive. And of course thanks a lot to the young lady who maid that phone call to us, unfortunately I didn't ask her name. All together we had very pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantstevegDined on 8/16/2014far exceeded our expectations, these folks know how to cook seafood, service, view, and food were excellent. Prices were very reasonable. I plan to recommend it to others and also eat here again.Special Features:
- Great viewRMHDDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has a beautiful view and allow a dog's on the patio, but the highlight was the food. The mussels in browned butter sauce and the swordfish were divine!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We went to Rhumb Line based on the menu we looked at on-line. When we get there we found the menu had changed. When we mentioned it to the waitress she said something like the website says "menu items may change" The prices were very different too. Do not go to this restaurant basd on their website menu.Special Features:
- Bartender not friendlyHarborGuyDined on 8/9/2014Music was way too loud. Soup had too much bacon in the New England chowder. Waitress was very nice and competent.Special Features:
- Had high hopes.LindalcDined on 8/4/2014This was our first visit to Rhumb Line, had high hopes that it would be as good as the former restaurant, Scotch and Sirloin had been. Nice views but Service was very slow. Our server was pleasant enough when she was at our table but we had to wait unusually long times for a bottle of wine once ordered, a glass of water, had to chase server down to process our bill and had to wait even longer to get our guests' take home boxes brought to us before we could leave. It was a Monday evening so was not busy. Steak and duck were lean and decent quality but with no seasoning so had no taste. The chicken penne pasta dish seemed to be the winner. This was our anniversary dinner so although not unpleasant was rather disappointing.Special Features:
- MusicMusicDined on 8/1/2014Food was great..music was too loud and we could not hear our conversation with our friends at the same table. Loud music made everyone talk louder which was annoying.Special Features:
- The following 246 reviews are from the Rhumb Line reviews archive.
- Very enjoyable evening!njfoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Beautiful setting with a great view of the harbor at Sunset. Nice wine list with reasonable prices. We both had the grilled swordfish, i thought it was great, my husband thought it was over-grilled (mainly he thought he cooks it better. But we both cleaned our plates.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu2quietdinersDined on 7/25/2014This was our second time dining at Rhumb Line. We wanted to take our visiting daughter and son-in-law to a special dining place. The first time at Rhumb Line was quiet and a great dinner (our anniversary) and it was in the middle of the week. We wanted to share the same experience the second time. If you want a quiet dining experience, I would recommend any other night than a weekend. The noise level made it difficult to have a conversation; however, the food was excellent. I made the reservation a couple of days in advance (on-line) and requested a window table. The view was amazing. I might mention that all of the tables have a harbor view; however, we wanted one right by a window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 7/18/2014A rare time that we have been disappointed here. Neither food, service nor attentiveness were up to par. Chalk it up to a bad evening!Special Features:
- Try The Crab Cake BenedictCactuspalDined on 7/13/2014First time I had the opportunity to try Eggs Benedict with a crab cake rather than plain crab on the english muffin. Also the option to have different sauces is a nice touch. The o'brian potatoes and grilled asparagus on the side were very good. A very nice brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining find!lunarose47Dined on 7/12/2014Our first time at Rhumb Line and we were most pleasantly surprised. The service was outstanding -- I had called ahead and asked for special preparation on 2 of 4 meals and they were happy to accommodate. The quality of the food was great, ranging from vegetarian to various fish dishes. The Sangria was fabulous! There was a nice live singer who's voice did not overwhelm the dining experience and we were able to catch up with our friends over dinner without needing to shout. The waitress, Coco, was more than happy to go the extra mile for us. An added plus is the ability to ask for a booth overlooking the water.Special Features:
- So SoSoSoDined on 7/12/2014The quality of food has diminished over the past year or so. We looked at the lunch menu on their web site and found the prices to be inconsistent. The web site prices are cheaper for the lunch menu, so noticeably so that we asked if we had the lunch menu. Nobody is going to continue going there to pay $5 for a glass of tea. Same with other items. Salmon was not cooked properly.Special Features:
- Great view-Nothing MoreKeysloverDined on 7/4/2014Cannot recommend, even for appetizer and glass of wine.Special Features:
- Rhumb Line-RevieweatmorefishDined on 7/4/2014Service is always great from hostess to bus person to waiter. The food taste good, wish the cook didn't change the clam chowder also would be nice if there were a few more entrée to select from. Wonderful views of the harbor from any seat in the restaurant. Like the live music.Special Features:
- Also Loves DogsMezloDined on 6/22/2014We love this place outside dining by the harbor and they took just as good of care of our dogs as they did of us. See you soonSpecial Features:
- Waiter was slowVacationDined on 6/19/2014We sat down then had to wait 10 minutes before they even asked use what we wanted to drink. Then another 13 before we got our drinks. our experince was a waiting game. At the end of the day the Food was exceptional, we were glade we stayed. We almost left since the service was taking so long and the restaurant was not busy at all. The bar however was full because of Happy Hour but they had a differnet server.Special Features:
- One of our favorite places to go!CocoDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I live just down the street and were thrilled to discover this place. The food is so good and the service is always excellent. We've been to Rhumb Line several times and have never had a bad experience. I would and have recommend this place to all my friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Dinner1sttimedinnerDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I made online reservations for 6:00pm for Father’s day. The Rhumb Line Restaurant host called confirming our reservations and she also asked if we had a seating preference. She stated that since we were first time patrons she recommended a table by the window where we would have a great view of the harbor and the sunset, and still be able to listen to their lounge entertainer. The entertainer had a great repertoire of music that was perfect while dining and being able to hold conversations without being overwhelmed with loud music. The food was great. Ribeye and Filet Mignon was outstanding, but cornmeal mush we did not care for. The asparagus was wonderful. Best steaks I had in years. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Father's Day DinnerEliaDined on 6/15/2014Service was excellent. Enjoyed the amazing view of the harbor and food. Definetily going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad we discovered itsmartnsavvyVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went for father's day and had the perfect meal outside with view of boats and waittress bringing ice water and doggie treats to our parent's little dog who was with them. The food was good and the ambiance fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left feeling unlovedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Rhumb Line. Host was a very nice man. Our waitress left much to be desired. Food prices were extremely high, I remember there being a different menu but may be they changed since we last came. Waitress was not as friendly as we hoped, we ended up just ordering appetizers and then going to dinner elsewhere. Waitress did not even offer us dessert. We may return in the future, but it was definitely a waste of our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.