132 W Pennsylvania Ave
Southern Pines, NC 28387Neighborhood:
Southern Pines / Pinehurst
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rhettsinc.com/
- Phone: 9106953663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. We offer a limited courtyard menu and happy hour drink specials from 2:30 to 4:30 daily. Regular lunch and dinner menu, dinner "Just a Taste" small plate menu.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Vegetarian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Rhett Morris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Courtyard music on Friday and Saturday night, weather permitting.
A word from Rhett's Restaurant
Rhett's Restaurant, Catering, and Personal Chef - Specializing in Southern Gourmet Cuisine. We offer an indoor bar area, dining room and outside courtyard. Please specify where you would like to sit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Rhett's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Southern Pines / Pinehurst ›
Rhett's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)scenic view (5)good for groups (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Rhett's : A Local GemsandhillsgirlDined on 8/16/2014Rhett always delivers excellent food with fresh ingredients. He delights in using North Carolina products and every dish is special. We've experienced courtyard dining with live music as well as inside dining. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Meal in the CourtyardBourbonLegendDined on 8/14/2014We dined here on a Thursday evening. Not much of a crowd, but there were a few other diners eating outside which made for a nice atmosphere. The service was friendly, and though it was a bit slow, that wasn't a problem for us. The guitarist set up in the courtyard was a great a touch, without him it may have been a bit too quiet. Overall a good experience for relaxed summer dining. The blue cheese sweet potato fries were amazing.Special Features:
- never got in to eathyeyDined on 7/12/2014went for our reservation but were told since we booked on open table we had to sit outside. It was in the high 80's and we didn't wish to sweat while dining. We went somewhere else. While the food looked ok, this was the worst case of customer service we ever experienced at a non-chain restaurant. The host (who looked 15) couldn't have cared whether we ate there or not,and seemed happy that we cancelled.
- Not the best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Love the food usually but this time the dessert was not good. The restaurant was not full like it used to be...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!WearthepeaceDined on 7/3/2014This place was great. I made an online reservation and told them I was vegan and they had a dish ready for me. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Everyone loved their food. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale and diverse menugoodeatsDined on 6/28/2014Lots of variety with dishes from all over the world. Portion size is small more like an appetizer. Wines are pricey...Special Features:
- Collard Spring RollsMullyDined on 6/11/2014We really enjoyed the Collard Spring rolls , great flavor and just enough hot to bring out the flavor of the greens. Only negative was it was the wrap was thin and seemed just a little greasy. Regardless we would order them again!Special Features:
- Love Rhetts!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/6/2014Loved the whole experience at Rhetts. Food was delicious, service was great. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoors eating.Tamy13VIPDined on 5/31/2014the food is wonderful. If you like healthy food they have healthy food. Dog and kid friendly. Great outdoor setting. Great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairMikeDined on 5/28/2014The food and service was fair. The lobster bisque had no taste. The waitress was rather sour (maybe she was just having an off night).
- The following 143 reviews are from the Rhett's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Beautiful evening for outdoorsLadyDeeDined on 5/16/2014We enjoyed a very good dinner here last Friday night. It was a perfect night for outdoor dining and we were seated right next to the fountain. Only problem was the live music, which was great, but interfered with our catch-up conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badTessDined on 5/16/2014We are locals, brought friends from out of town, first visit to Rhett's - not so good, in fact, disappointing. Had hoped Rhett's restaurant would provide the same high quality as his catering in the past. An extremely nice first night server who did a great job. The outside location was perfect, more bar than dinner music but provided by a very good band. Our entrees were average at best, no inspiration with presentation, cold coffee served with mediocre desserts. Great location, great server, food not so great.
- Guests impressedPinesDinerDined on 4/25/2014Out of towners enjoyed dinner at Rhett's. The salmon was rated excellent along with the beef tenderloin. Warm corn muffins were a treat. Add more veggies to the side dishes, they need to be enjoyed more! Rhett stopped and asked how the meal was and demonstrated his interest in the diners enjoyment. He answered questions freely and took his time with the group.Special Features:
- That was really good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014My wife and I had a great meal, and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is consistent andyummyVIPDined on 2/22/2014the food is consistent and very good. several items were a bit a salty this time though...
- Even though we had an OpenJoanMVIPDined on 2/18/2014Even though we had an Open Table reservation, there were only 2 of us but we were seated at a round table for six....it felt a bit odd. The Quinoa Pie was excellent but the Chicken &' avocado sandwich was bland.Special Features:
- Fresh and local prepared perfectlyNicoleCDined on 2/15/2014Rhett's uses fresh, local ingredients and prepares them to perfection. Dishes here are flavorful yet healthy. The menu offers gluten-free selections and is well rounded providing something for everyone. Services is friendly and the outdoor area in warm weather is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and atmosphereyenewsomeDined on 2/8/2014I had an amazing meal, as did my husband. Rhett chatted with us and made the evening even more special. This was an outstanding pick for my husband's birthday celebration. Would and hope to go back next time we are in Pinehurst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food meets Top ChefMalternativesDined on 2/7/2014Rhett's menu has some traditional southern dishes like shrimp & grits but also take some innovative turns with comfort food. Appetizers like collard green eggrolls and lamb riblets with pesto sauce are not just fun food concepts but also delicious. Entrees change over time so the menu is never static. Trout, pumpkin ravioli and bison were all on the menu when we visited last. We ordered the latter two and they were both outstanding. Service was fantastic each time we have visited & I am really glad Rhett's changed locations a few years ago ... This venue is much more inviting and cozy. We feel like Rhett's is not just good but continues to get better every time we are there. That's a real rarity in restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and Delicous Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014My husband and I have lived in the area for almost 3 years and have eaten our way through just about every restaurant in Moore County since we arrived. Rhett's came highly recommended by locals and we can see why - tucked into a darling little spot downtown, the location was lovely, the food was delicious and the service was fabulous. We did comment that a bit of mood music would have been nice, as it did minorly detract from the meal to able to distinctly hear the conversations at 3 neighboring tables but the menu and wine selection were well worth the snippets of overheard chatting. Overall a fabulous dining experience that we would recommend to friends in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Awesome tasting menuspices6Dined on 1/18/2014Rhett always has innovative items on the menu using locally sourced, fresh ingredients. One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- great for an evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We went to Rhetts with two other couples. We had a spacious round table and was allowed to sit and talk for an exrta hour . Noone bothered us and the overall experience was pleasant. I booked the restaurant for my lunch group. They are very accomodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallBistroVIPDined on 12/27/2013The service was great. I had the lobster bisque which was wonderful and some shrimp and grits. I love it. I also had a Julep something which was Jack Daniels with Ginger and Basil. Perfect for a hot summer day. And last not but least I had the Tigger Juice, carrotts, ginger and lemon. yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - love to sit outsideAprilDined on 12/26/2013Great food - love to sit outside and in Friendly staff and always accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-discovery!SandyDined on 12/20/2013Though Rhett's has been in Southern Pines for a long time, with it's new location - and ever-changing menu - it's a real gem! Always good food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of pace in Southern PinesKaySDined on 10/28/2013We visit Southern Pines occasionally and wanted some place for lunch that was relaxing and enjoyable. This was very good. If we lived in the area would like to try outside in nice weather.Special Features:
- Great Southern FoodpinehurstgolferDined on 10/24/2013I am from Pennsylvania and golf at Pinehurst every year. I found Rhett's online four years ago and have gone there ever since. I enjoy Southern food and Rhett's does a great job in presenting classic Southern food with a modern flair. One of my fellow golfers is a "meat and potatoes" guy and he does not like Rhett's at all, so I guess it isn't for everyone. The wine list is notable for its incredibly reasonable prices for very drinkable wines.Special Features:
- Nice, but we were seated byduckDined on 9/28/2013Nice, but we were seated by the door where customers came/went and the main entrance for all servers and waitresses to access the outside seating. Shrimp and grits were tasty, but hard. Small portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeSIXT8Dined on 9/28/2013We really enjoy going to Rhett's! We've been there several times for lunch and the staff is always very friendly, helpful and competent. The food is fresh, interesting and tasty. This is a place that is worth going out of your way for... it's about 25 miles away from home for us. Overall a very pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a beautiful day soeatoutDined on 9/23/2013It was a beautiful day so outside dining was perfect. Food was excellent and presentation same! Will definitely go back sharing the experience with more friends. Host and staff very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh food and ambiancebtaylorVIPDined on 8/31/2013The food was terrific and the outdoor setting with a 3 piece jazz band reminicent of New Orleans.Special Features:
- Very Poor ServicejeartmaDined on 8/10/2013We arrived at our appropriate time with reservation in hand. At the hostess desk we were told we had to sit outside - even after the rain storm just ended. We asked for a table inside and were refused and told they had no other accomodations. We should have been informed before arriving, that the only seating available was outside at a high-top table. Terrible customer service. We left at went to another restaurant in town and had an excellent meal.
- Great serviced , good freshyearn2piddleDined on 8/9/2013Great serviced , good fresh good. Our special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd datedaveDined on 8/9/2013Ambiance friendly and open. Servers not overbearing, just right. We were not rushed. I have paid a lot more...for a lot less. Prices were in range with food. Decent proportions served in a reasonable time frame. Patio dining was charming. Look forward to a return. My first visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern with a twistluv2dineDined on 7/27/2013Not a large menu, but something for everyone; local and fresh. Great crabcakes and great trout! When grilled chicken was mistakenly left off one of our salads, they added it at no charge. Reasonably priced wine. Oh! Marinated fresh green beans were delicious. Very interesting and different sides to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy as usualloriintheboondocksDined on 7/25/2013Rhett's has become a favorite spot for our Girls Night Out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeters were rude. Told IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2013Greeters were rude. Told I would have to eat in the Bar because I didn't have reservations. I actually did have reservation and arrived on time.. Odd enough the dining area was completely empty at the time and never exceeded capacity while we were there. The Wait staff was better but not outstanding. The food is very good. Unusual and limited selection, but good. However it is a little pricey for the amount received.Special Features:
- Fabulous BirthdayheckekDined on 7/5/2013So thrilled to spend my birthday dinner at Rhett's... our Special occasion place for dinner. Thanks to Vince for the lovely birthday "Group sing-a-long". We enjoyed hearing Vince play awesome music as we dined. Thanks to Rhett's for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great food at a good pricegoodeatsDined on 7/3/2013This was our first visit to Rhett's but it will not be our last. The food was very good, nice wine list, and service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the menu is a bitOhioVisitorDined on 6/26/2013Although the menu is a bit limited, there is enough variety to choose a full 4 course dinner or a lighter meal. Our food was excellent and I would especially recommend the lobster bisque and the crab salad which were both exceptional. We will definitely return to this restaurant when we are in the area. We probably would not have found this spot, if it weren't for Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.