Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
28 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rezaz.com/
- Phone: 8282771510x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday : 5:30pm to close, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm to close
Deli: Monday-Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Reza Setayesh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: An eclectic Mediterranean offering, using freshest local and regional ingredients with new Mediterranean cooking methods.
- Private Party Facilities: The Benedetto room, a private dinning option to accommodate up to 26 guests. The Benedetto room is a perfect place to celebrate the special occasion or a business function.
- Private Party Contact: Tucker McElroy 8282771510x
A word from Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
Rezaz Restaurant and Wine Bar located in a historic turn of the century building where modern minimalist decor meets simple casual eloquence. The sophisticated menu emphasizes the fresh eclectic and traditional flavors of all Mediterranean countries. Chef Reza's eastern Mediterranean background and his travels within this region enables him to showcase the wealth of flavors by using spices, herbs and freshest seasonal local ingredients in all his menu offerings. Located in the heart of Biltmore Village, this warm and sleek establishment has mastered the rhythm of great food, superior wines, and excellent friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (155)special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (98)romantic (69)notable wine list (56)great for lunch (44)good for groups (30)hot spot (25)great for brunch (22)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Excellent ExperienceJedLDined on 9/13/2014I'm not well versed in Mediterranean food however out server Frank did an exceptional job ensuring we knew exactly what we were ordering. Food was delicious and the service was superb.Special Features:
- A terrific find!LadyBugDined on 9/12/2014The four courses that each of us chose far exceeded "GREAT"!!! The blend of seasonings and ingredients, presentation and amounts served were spot-on. Our waiter, Ben, was very knowledgeable and polite. His attention was exactly as one would hope from a wait person. He did not hover. We will definitely choose Rezaz again for fine dining!Special Features:
- Disappointed AgainMountainjimVIPDined on 9/11/2014I am a resident of Asheville, and Rezaz has been one of my go to restaurants. I have always enjoyed taking out of town guests to enjoy the food. This past week, I brought friends for dinner, and two out of the three entres, which were specials for the evening, had to be returned to the kitchen. Overdone pork roast and flavorless barbecue pulled pork. This is not the first time, over the past several visits, that the food has been disappointing. Sorry to say, Rezaz is no longer one of my go to restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food. The service staff was polite, friendly and very knowledgeable. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveninglisaDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was impeccable. Frank our server was knowledgeable and attentive. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbugsDined on 9/5/2014Always enjoy dinning at Rezaz. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Highly recommendDawgzLifeDined on 9/5/2014Excellent fine dining experience, but they have great lunch menu as well. The entire experience was great from beginning to end. Dinner prices are consistent with the quality of the food & environment, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinnerdine2fairDined on 9/5/2014We had eaten at Reza's in the past and thoroughly enjoyed both the food, service and ambiance but this last visit was not what we had been accustomed to from previous visits. The menu in the past was an eclectic grouping of Mediterranean fare and was enjoyable. The new menu has decidedly taken on a much more middle eastern cuisine which we found hard to make a decision from. We wound up with two of the chef's daily specials which were very good. Another aspect was the service, his knowledge of the menu and daily specials was sketchy and attention to detail was minimal. On the other hand, the busboy was very attentive and professional. At this time we would not go back as middle eastern cuisine is not to our liking.
- 4 year anniversary at RezazOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Dinner at 6 so restaurant did not have many patrons at beginning which gave it a quiet, secluded feel. The empanada appetizer was delightful. I had the sea scallops, chickpeas, and mango quite a pleasant surprise when fused together. The wife had the mahi special and could not stop raving about it. I preferred the cannoli and my wife the crème brulé for desert. The waitor was extremely knowledgable. Overall great experience and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spotPamcDined on 9/4/2014Rezaz is my favorite Ashevllle restaurant. I have been many times and find the food and wine excellent. The service is excellent. Good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable excellenceculinatorVIPDined on 9/3/2014Flavorful cool cucumber soup, exceptional lamb shank along with creative desserts and excellent service combined to create a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great experienceBillDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I went to celebrate her birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our food and experience.Special Features:
- Once was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Rezaz has been our neighborhood "go to" restaurant for many years, but we have noticed a considerable downturn in the quality of the food and service. This lunch had excellent service but not so good food. My pizza was over cooked, making the thin crust a crumbly cracker, and the cheese a thin layer of flavored plastic. My friend ordered her cheeseburger medium and got it the consistency of a hockey puck. Both meals should have been sent back, but they were on the edge of eatable and we chatted and just ate. Service, both wait staff and kitchen time were, for a change, great. Now, if they can only get the kitchen back to excellent. We do not have many more chances to give Rezaz before we look for another favorite nearby restaurant.
- Consistently wonderful!1JulieGirlDined on 9/2/2014We have dined at Rezaz almost since it opened and this time we brought along friends who now live in downtown Asheville. While we could have dined anywhere in downtown...we chose to hop in the car...and drive a few short minutes south to Rezaz in Biltmore Village. Our friends were delighted with the ever changing menu: its wide selection of delicious and unusual combinations, appetizers, small and large plates and memorable desserts. If you go soon...be sure to order the cucumber soup a seasonal delight. Rezaz...is a place to dine for special reasons...or for no reason at all. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Delicious food experienceLuv2wineDined on 8/31/2014Our service was really excellent, and we appreciated the wine suggestion, which also was excellent for the price. The vegetarian in our group ordered several menu items, and these were his comments: oooh, aaah. The rest of us ordered fish dishes. My halibut was slightly overcooked, but the zucchini cake and spicy roasted peppers made interesting accompaniaments. Trout was the favorite, and I will try that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dining!WNCManDined on 8/29/2014I could not recommend Rezaz any higher for a remarkable dining experience. Amazingly creative food, outstanding wait staff, quietly elegant ambience, excellent wine list, I can go on. We love to bring out of town friends from serious big city foodie towns and watch their shock at how amazing Rezaz's is at a fraction of big city prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodLittleVIPDined on 8/27/2014Went back for lunch after having dinner earlier in the week. Service was really good , and the food is so very good. The humus tray is outstanding - I could have eaten only that with the warm pita. We have not been disappointed in all of our choices for dinner and for lunch. A must try while in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLittleVIPDined on 8/23/2014We got into Asheville but were able to get a reservation. Service was great. Food was excellent. I had the tuna that was prepared so well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 45thtanddDined on 8/23/2014Wife and I went to celebrate 45th wedding anniversary with nice dinner - and it was wonderful. Our dinners were great - flavorful and filling but we were not stuffed. Service was respectful of our desire for leisurely dinner, even though the restaurant was clearly packed with diners.Special Features:
- Great foodHighdiverDined on 8/23/2014Had the shrimp and calamari. Was tasty and calamari was tender. The manchego cheese appitizer was not your average fried cheese. The cucumber soup was very good as was the halibutSpecial Features:
- Always GoodJuniDined on 8/22/2014We visit Rezaz fairly often, have done for years, never been disappointed. Try the calimari and shrimp appetizer -- even if you're not a big calimari fan. It might make you one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable anniversary celebrationtedandmarieDined on 8/19/2014We started the celebration of our 47th wedding anniversary with lunch at Rezas. This was our first time at Rezas, but it will not be our last! The food was excellent (the best we can remember anywhere!) as was the service of our waiter. We were seated in a quiet area of the restaurant when they knew of our special day, and, to our surprise, were treated to a complimentary dessert at the end of the meal. What a wonderful way to start a memorable celebration. Thank you, Rezas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014This is a very good restaurant and provides a great dining experience. The food is outstanding and it's beautifully presented. Try the mussels in a curry, white wine, garlic broth. Excellent. I would have given the service five stars, but the place was busy and I think they were short staffed a little. Our server forgot several things, but she was so personable that we really didn't mind. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First choice when in AshevilledooczDined on 8/18/2014Great menu and great food. Outstanding service, Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food is inventive; enexpected; there were rose petals in the cucumber soup, as well as pistachios. The steak we shared was fabulously flavorful. The service was attentive but not intrusive. A great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Bad Meal. Never!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014We've been to Rezaz many times now and we've never been disappointed in anything. (The mussels this last time were wonderful.) There is always something new to try or just go with your regular menu favorites. The service is always impeccable.
- Nice ExperienceCarski22VIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent would highly recommend when in AshevilleSpecial Features:
- Memorable celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We celebrated my daughter's 25th birthday at Rezaz and could not have been more pleased with the food and service. What a lovely & memorable evening....... highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnereathealthyDined on 8/10/2014We made a reservation at Rezaz on a recommendation from friends who live at Lake Toxaway. The experience was excellent. Our server was gracious and knowledgeable about the menu. The menu was interesting making it difficult to make selections. My husband and I each selected 2 courses and I was not able to finish my main course as the servings were ample. We do not live in the area so making this restaurant a regular choice is not possible but we will plan to visit whenever we are in the Asheville area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Love this restaurant. My wife and I have frequented Rezaz,s since we moved here four years ago.Special Features:
- Exceeded our high expectations.EllaDined on 8/9/2014Celebrated a birthday at Rezaz after being recommended by friends. We have a few favorite restaurants in Asheville and never made it to Rezaz. Now after having experienced the wonderful food, atmosphere and service, we will be back often.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014I loved the Lamb Shank, which I order every time i go. The Romaine salad is excellent as a first course. Salad has fine parm cheese grated on top and grilled onions and homemade dressing. My friends loved their dishes; flat iron steak and goat cheese ravioli. Red wine recommendations were perfect. We all ordered fabulous desserts, I had the lavender and lemon creme bulea dessert. I love the location away from the overly crowded scene of college age people in downtown Asheville. We could park right outside the door of the restaurant, and walk in quickly.Special Features:
- A real gemWilliamVIPDined on 8/4/2014We were in Asheville and knew there are good restaurants there. Not sure which ones to choose we relied on reviews and chose Rezaz and one other (Market St.). We loved this place. The decor is very inviting and warm. Our waiter was outstanding, and the food choices were excellent for our taste. We began with a glass of Chardonnay accompanied by the reza mezze (3 spreads), then a bottle of excellent reasonable Malbec with the beef kebab and the duck confit. Finally the dessert was great--"brulee'd" peaches with coconut sponge cake filled with lemon curd. Mmmm. Considering what we got and the overall experience and the outstanding service, we felt the bill was quite reasonable. I would love to return tomorrow night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerJaneDined on 8/2/2014We have been to Rezaz many times. It was our Anniversary, and we brought our adult children and spouses. They gave us a room in the back....great space. Thought the food was good....but not as good as it's been in the past. For their prices, I'd like outstanding! But will certainly, give it another try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood!LuberonFanDined on 8/2/2014Three of us had a wonderful dinner at Rezaz. I strongly second the waiter's recommendation of the battered and fried Manchego with honey and rosemary. The three of us split an order as a starter, and all of us found it delicious. We had shrimp and calamari, a cold octopus salad, a mussels special, Paella Madrilena, scallops, and duck confit. All of our dishes were exceptional. The one disappointment was that we were still eating our first courses when the main courses were brought out. There were many apologies from the wait staff, but that mistake took the glow off the wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great food40thDined on 8/1/2014If you love Mediterranean food this is the place to go in Asheville. Big portions and very delicious.Special Features:
- Great pre-concert dinnerMamaCDined on 7/31/2014We recently had dinner with friends at Rezaz's and everyone loved their meal. The great part was that we had a time limit due to attending a concert at Biltmore and our waiter was fabulous and very accommodating. We will return to have a more leisurely dinner soon and save time to sample the many delicious looking appetizers and deserts!Special Features:
- Surprising!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014We hadn't been to Rezaz for quite sometime and decided to try it with friends and it was an excellent experience . I wish I could remember our server's name because she was outstanding. She made very good recommendation for both food and wine. Two of us had the halibut and it was divine. One had trout which was also excellent. Our friend had the kabobs, and I will definitely try that next time. We had wonderful appetizers with pita bread and 3 types of spread, my favorite was the hummus. We were too full for dessert, but our friend had the pot de creme, which we will try next time! We had cappachino which was very good. We won't wait long to return, and highly recommend Rezaz for an outstanding dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Service on All LevelsjcoxrocksDined on 7/26/2014I took my girlfriend here for her 30th birthday and everyone from the front desk, to the bus boy, to the waiter (Samir) went well out of their way to make it special for us both. Her favorite flowers were at the table for us (by request). Samir did a great job explaining the menu and specials, made a it point to wish her a Happy Birthday when we arrived and when we left. They all did an outstanding job of customer service. Absolute top notch.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!CMPjacksonDined on 7/24/2014The unique menu is fantastic. The manchego snack was perfect to start as was the shrimp and calamari. The braised lamb shank and halibut were perfect and distinctly prepared. We will definitely return.Special Features: