Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
28 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rezaz.com/
- Phone: 8282771510x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday : 5:30pm to close, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm to close
Deli: Monday-Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Reza Setayesh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: An eclectic Mediterranean offering, using freshest local and regional ingredients with new Mediterranean cooking methods.
- Private Party Facilities: The Benedetto room, a private dinning option to accommodate up to 26 guests. The Benedetto room is a perfect place to celebrate the special occasion or a business function.
- Private Party Contact: Tucker McElroy 8282771510x
A word from Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
Rezaz Restaurant and Wine Bar located in a historic turn of the century building where modern minimalist decor meets simple casual eloquence. The sophisticated menu emphasizes the fresh eclectic and traditional flavors of all Mediterranean countries. Chef Reza's eastern Mediterranean background and his travels within this region enables him to showcase the wealth of flavors by using spices, herbs and freshest seasonal local ingredients in all his menu offerings. Located in the heart of Biltmore Village, this warm and sleek establishment has mastered the rhythm of great food, superior wines, and excellent friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (171)special occasion (112)neighborhood gem (97)romantic (73)notable wine list (70)great for lunch (56)good for groups (44)hot spot (35)great for brunch (18)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Everything my girlfriend and I was excellent. We are only sorry that we didn't save room for dessert, but there was so much great eating before then. Our server was busy but attentive. It was a bit on the "energetic" side for a quiet romantic dinner, but in the end, what mattered most was the tasty food. We can recommend everything we ate--the olives, the Rezaz Mezza, halibut, romaine, goat cheese ravioli...I should stop before I get hungry again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantFoodiemomDined on 10/17/2014It is always a treat to eat at Rezaz. The food is interesting and there are great choices and always interesting specials. It is hard to make a decision, but everyone in our party was pleased with the choice they had made. It was a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbBrendaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant never ceases to amaze me. It just gets better and better. Can't wait to come back. The halibut was perfect and my husband had the PRIME pork tenderloin. The owner/chef is amazing with the preparations.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!kcolliDined on 10/11/2014We spent the morning at the Biltmore Estate and then had a late lunch here. The service was fabulous and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!luckyladyDined on 10/10/2014I have been eating at Rezaz' since they opened. I have NEVER had less than great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Wonderful dining experience for my birthday!! Very attentive staff. Thank you again Rezzaz.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in AshevillewinedoctorDined on 10/8/2014Rezaz is a regular spot for us when we're in Asheville, and we dined there with friends to celebrate our anniversary this time. Everyone's meal was superb. The Rezaz Mezzez appetizer was excellent, and my braised lamb shank was tender and flavorful. I can't say enough good things about it and it is highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great DinnerJandDDined on 10/8/2014Went to Rezaz to meet friends we haven't seen in years. Great dinner, wine, and service. My lamb shank was excellent, as was the goat cheese cheesecake. Our guests were impressed and we really enjoyed ourselves. Frank our server was great. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungrytravellerDined on 10/8/2014A great choice next to Biltmore Village with Contemporary/Mediterranean decor. Frank, our waiter, suggested several items from the menu, many of which we tried, and all were outstanding. One menu item, the lamb shank, was particularly delicious...fall-off-the-bone tender and wonderfully seasoned. During our stay in Asheville, we tried several excellent restaurants, but Rezaz was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Wonderful PlacefoodsnobVIPDined on 10/7/2014Rezaz has been a favorite of ours for years. The menu is fresh, inventive and well priced. The flavor combinations are exotic and work well, not just trying to be different which seems to be a trend these days. Ask your server for the perfect wine to work with your selection at lunch or dinner. The staff is very well trained. I have never had a bad meal or a less than perfect time here. It's fun when the train rumbles through so close. The décor is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyedsooDined on 10/6/2014Unprofessional waitstaff. Halibut was overlooked and NO options were offered.
- RezazrickDined on 10/6/2014Finding by chance was a pleasant surprise! Food was great and service was better!Special Features:
- SatisfyingHappyVIPDined on 10/6/2014The halibut was excellent, loved the red peppers that came with it. The paella was very good as well. Portions were large and my husband wished he ordered the smaller paella size and as he had a lot left over. Unfortunately. the carrot cake tasted a little stale to me.Special Features:
- Awesome!FoodieGirlDined on 10/5/2014We dine at Rezaz's often, it is a great place, friendly and awesome service, food is superb and just a great place. Highly recommend! On this night we took two Chef's from a restaurant in Hendersonville that are friends and they loved it too! That says it all!Special Features:
- Great place!DOGWASHERDined on 10/3/2014Got this one right out of the Open Tables "Hot" list and wasn't the least bit sorry. Great food, friendly attentive service, and I could hear myself think. My table enjoyed everything that came out of that marvelous kitchen. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!donnarDined on 10/3/2014First, this is located directly across the street from the Biltmore. I had no idea it was so close when making our reservation. Secondly, the food is outstanding! We had a variety of dishes and every single bite was fantastic. But save room for dessert, you will be glad you did!Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodsnobDined on 10/2/2014Visiting Asheville for a wedding while also celebrating my husband's 50th birthday. I wanted to take him someplace special and Rezaz came highly recommended. It was perfect! The food was really amazing, the service exceptional and the prices were really moderate considering how exquisite the food was. I would go there once a week if I lived here!Special Features:
- A FavoriteTravelerVIPDined on 10/2/2014Hungry for hamburger and I wasn't disappointed. One of the best burgers I've eaten in a long long time. So juicy and tasty. The fries were crispy and tasty as well. The sauce to dip the fries and burger exceptional as well. Rezaz is one of my favorite places for lunch or dinner. Great food great service great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rezaz is a favoritejroausaVIPDined on 9/29/2014Rezaz has never disappointed. Monday night they were a little off (portions different, food inconsistent from the usual "spot on") but even on an off night Rezaz is still a great restaurant. If you are in Asheville and particularly in the Biltmore Village area this is a nice end to the day. They serve lunch but dinner has always been my pick.Special Features:
- Very goodvsvnDined on 9/27/2014I didn't know what to expect when my wife told me to make a reservation at a mediterranean cuisine restaurant because all the one I've had were good but very forgetful. I have to admit that the food, service, and ambient were great. Our server Frank was awesome!!! Next time when we're in the Asheville area, we'd definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesSallyDined on 9/27/2014The food was outstanding and the service was superb....presentation is artistic. Rezaz never disappoints me!Special Features:
- Outstanding fool and serviceJudiRDined on 9/27/2014From the moment we arrived, the service was wonderful. Our wait person was great and food was certainly memorable. We look forward to return soon!Special Features:
- brencaseDined on 9/27/2014This is one of the better restaurants in Asheville; and that is high praise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/26/2014Rezaz always delivers. Great & friendly service. Great food. We go there almost every time we visit Asheville.Special Features:
- Always good food and serviceAvlrealtorDined on 9/24/2014We had a party of 8 and service was excellent - orders were correct and timing of food was perfect. The staff are always professional and know their wines and food. You can count on consistency with Rezaz's food and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- A wonderful treatBarbieDined on 9/23/2014We just returned from Asheville and ate a wonderful midweek dinner at Rezaz. The menu is eclectic, with a mix of Meditteranean and slight southern twist. Everything we had was delicious. I went for two first courses. The grilled Caesar Salad was delicious. Our desserts were outstanding as was the service. Everyone was so friendly, chatting with us and suggesting wine. The wine list is reasonable and extensive I would definitely return to Rezazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchTownmtnDined on 9/23/2014Rezaz continues to be my favorite spot for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great FoodVickiUCFDined on 9/22/2014Not our first time here. We like to take guests since meals are unique and always great. Entree's this visit included lamb shank, trout and Delmonico steak. All presentations are visual delights and taste to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Sophisticated, but decidedly un-stuffy feel, fabulous fresh fish/Mediterranean spices/unique accompaniments, great French wines, large creative dessert menu. As a native I know the difference between tourist trendy and consistently outstanding . . . . this is one restaurant that never disappoints and I return time and time again -- very convenient parking.Special Features:
- Great servicedannyDined on 9/19/2014As is typical, the service was great. We had Ben this time and the cocktails came amazingly quickly and cold, wine almost instantly and the food piping hot. A great job. The food is always terrific, fresh Mahi in one case, Yellowtail in another--beautiful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I eat at Rezaz's almost every time I'm in asheville (approx. 3x a year) and the staff recognizes me! Service is prompt, knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Menu is creative and food is well prepared. Love the desserts, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJedLDined on 9/13/2014I'm not well versed in Mediterranean food however out server Frank did an exceptional job ensuring we knew exactly what we were ordering. Food was delicious and the service was superb.Special Features:
- A terrific find!LadyBugDined on 9/12/2014The four courses that each of us chose far exceeded "GREAT"!!! The blend of seasonings and ingredients, presentation and amounts served were spot-on. Our waiter, Ben, was very knowledgeable and polite. His attention was exactly as one would hope from a wait person. He did not hover. We will definitely choose Rezaz again for fine dining!Special Features:
- Disappointed AgainMountainjimVIPDined on 9/11/2014I am a resident of Asheville, and Rezaz has been one of my go to restaurants. I have always enjoyed taking out of town guests to enjoy the food. This past week, I brought friends for dinner, and two out of the three entres, which were specials for the evening, had to be returned to the kitchen. Overdone pork roast and flavorless barbecue pulled pork. This is not the first time, over the past several visits, that the food has been disappointing. Sorry to say, Rezaz is no longer one of my go to restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food. The service staff was polite, friendly and very knowledgeable. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveninglisaDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was impeccable. Frank our server was knowledgeable and attentive. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved RezazgliderghDined on 9/5/2014Loved everything about this place. The food was outstanding, a really nice menu, excellent service and a nice atmosphere. Our waiter was one of the most professional and efficient I've ever encountered anywhere My only regret is that Ashville is not my home town so I could eat at Rezaz more often. I could kick myself for not trying it on my last stay in town but I'm sure I'll eat there every time I am in town from now on. Why can't all restaurants be like this?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbugsDined on 9/5/2014Always enjoy dinning at Rezaz. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Highly recommendDawgzLifeDined on 9/5/2014Excellent fine dining experience, but they have great lunch menu as well. The entire experience was great from beginning to end. Dinner prices are consistent with the quality of the food & environment, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinnerdine2fairDined on 9/5/2014We had eaten at Reza's in the past and thoroughly enjoyed both the food, service and ambiance but this last visit was not what we had been accustomed to from previous visits. The menu in the past was an eclectic grouping of Mediterranean fare and was enjoyable. The new menu has decidedly taken on a much more middle eastern cuisine which we found hard to make a decision from. We wound up with two of the chef's daily specials which were very good. Another aspect was the service, his knowledge of the menu and daily specials was sketchy and attention to detail was minimal. On the other hand, the busboy was very attentive and professional. At this time we would not go back as middle eastern cuisine is not to our liking.