Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
28 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rezaz.com/
- Phone: (828) 277-1510
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday : 5:30pm to close, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm to close
Deli: Monday-Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Reza Setayesh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: An eclectic Mediterranean offering, using freshest local and regional ingredients with new Mediterranean cooking methods.
- Private Party Facilities: The Benedetto room, a private dinning option to accommodate up to 26 guests. The Benedetto room is a perfect place to celebrate the special occasion or a business function.
- Private Party Contact: Tucker McElroy 8282771510x
A word from Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
Rezaz Restaurant and Wine Bar located in a historic turn of the century building where modern minimalist decor meets simple casual eloquence. The sophisticated menu emphasizes the fresh eclectic and traditional flavors of all Mediterranean countries. Chef Reza's eastern Mediterranean background and his travels within this region enables him to showcase the wealth of flavors by using spices, herbs and freshest seasonal local ingredients in all his menu offerings. Located in the heart of Biltmore Village, this warm and sleek establishment has mastered the rhythm of great food, superior wines, and excellent friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (177)special occasion (115)neighborhood gem (104)romantic (71)notable wine list (69)great for lunch (61)good for groups (51)hot spot (41)late-night find (16)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Very nice evening. Lamb shanks and paella exceptional. Appetizers were ordinary. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best fine dining spots in Asheville.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Everything was great appetizers to desserts . Great presentation and excellent flavors. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Rezaz last week and the food was excellent! From the appetizers to the wonderful rice pudding dessert, we were impressed with all courses. We come to Rezaz for special occasions every few years and are never disappointed! Our waiter was also excellent--informative, but non-obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daisybugdaisybugDined on 11/7/2014Excellent food and service! Recommended by a friend!Special Features:
- Portions a little smallLovetoeatVIPDined on 11/7/2014Portions were small in my 'box lunch', especially the lentils. Otherwise- great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Times!ChipDined on 11/1/2014Completely enjoyed our dinner at Rezaz. What started as a quiet and romantic dinner for two ended as a group of 9. The food was outstanding, service great, quick, friendly. I love the atmosphere and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Nice find in Ashevilleiclown4uDined on 11/1/2014This was a wonderful experience. The service was great and the food was excellent. The menu had a good variety for all taste pallets. Although we are not wine connoisseurs, the Malbec we had was very good. This is definitely a nice local find in the Asheville, NC area. Using Open Table made making reservations very easy.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealKathyVIPDined on 11/1/2014We read about Rezaz online and it didn't disappoint at all. Our table of 3 shared the calamari and a grilled romaine salad. Both were excellent. For entrees we had the snapper special, the pork tenderloin special and a small paella. The pork was the winner at the table with a sweet potato purée that made it a wonderful fall treat. The paella was disappointing as it was very salty, especially the chorizo. Described as a unique "wet" paella, there was nothing unique about this dish. We ended with bowls of spiced fig and cinnamon gelato which were incredible. Would definitely return when in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Had guest from out of town and we were all thrilled. Waitress, Bonnie, was friendly, knowledgeable about wines and menu, and attentive,. Dinner was delicious! Staff was welcoming! Can't wait to go back. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodSiouxBlue42VIPDined on 10/31/2014This was my third visit. The food is consistanly good, cretive, and well presented.Special Features:
- good menuTravelerDined on 10/30/2014We enjoyed our meal ,the service was terrific, seated quickly and orders taken promptly. A very interesting menu and an adequate wine list. The food was great and our server had knowledge of all the ingredients used in each of the meals on offer and she was very helpful. we will come back.
- DeliciousMrsMurphyDined on 10/27/2014We visited for lunch while on vacation at the recommendation from a local in Asheville. Mediterranean Box and Shawarma was incredible with a bottle of Biltmore Reserve Chardonnay. Ben the manager was incredibly hospitable and even let us meet Reza.Special Features:
- phoebeDined on 10/25/2014Made the reservation days ahead. No problem, we were seated in about 5 minutes of arriving even though the resturant was very busy. Had great servvice and ordered off the evening specials items. I would definitely recommend this resturant but get a reservation during peak seasons.Special Features:
- Favorite placerrvbprofDined on 10/25/2014Been eating at Rezaz's since just after it opened and have never been disappointed. Shrimp and calamari appetizer alone (though portion has shrunk a bit over the years ) is worth the trip and the diverse changing menu and specials keep it interesting. Friendly attentive service and casual elegant setting add to the pleasure. One of our favorite spots in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Awesome Dining ExperiencePenneelkDined on 10/25/2014We dine at Rezaz every time we visit Asheville. The food, service, and ambience is amazing. The flavors of the dishes are spectacular. I have always been delighted with my meal. The wines by the glass are excellent, as are the craft beers. Rezaz is also a delightful place for meeting after work to have a drink and sample of the small plates (appetizers or mezzes). I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY FABULOUS!LajlaDined on 10/25/2014My favorite restaurant in Asheville - fresh, healthy, and creative. Absolutely beautiful food! Staff is attentive and professional. Overall A++Special Features:
- great foodlulupicsDined on 10/24/2014Dinner was wonderful. Interesting combination of flavors, seasonal options like butternut and brussel sproutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming back. You will too.SceneItAll2013Dined on 10/24/2014Rezaz has a wonderful menu and an equally wonderful staff to make food and wine suggestions and serve. We keep coming back. You will too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't DisappointTravelerVIPDined on 10/24/2014My out-of-town guest ordered the sirloin burger. I ordered the calamari and shrimp salad. Both were exceptional. Rezaz is a preferred restaurant of mine. I've recommended it to several friends; they all enjoy it. Great service, great food; comfortable, inviting setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceWisdomswordsDined on 10/23/2014The shrimp and calamari were excellent, a nice blend of flavors. We split the filet special, which was good but came out cool along with the vegetables. We were tired so ate it anyway but would have normally sent it back.Special Features:
- Love Rezaz !MickeyHDined on 10/23/2014I have eaten at Rezaz three times and have recommended it to friends and clients. I love the ambience. The food is delicious and a refreshing change from the ordinary. It's not really a complaint but I wish they would have more specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!FoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014Friends from out town came for lunch and we had a delightful one! Cool, crisp day and the lamb stew, seafood Catalan, and chicken tangene did not disappoint! The lunch "boxes" are perfect! Bon Appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional LunchsuprfoodDined on 10/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Exceptional service! Most enjoyable first time experience. We will come again and recommend the restaurant to our friends. All: ask for Elizabeth!! She was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent food, staff friendlyDavidDined on 10/19/2014The food was, as always, excellent, the staff were friendly and helpful, but the service was a bit slow. Occasionally, we felt forgotten. However, this is one of our favorite restaurants, and we'll continue to enjoy meals at Rezas.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We were visiting Grove Park Inn and wanted to dine off premise. Rezaz was a great find tucked away in the Biltmore Sqare. The food was fabulous a gem any Foodie would appreciate. Service was excellent and the entire staff made us feel welcome. I would give this a five star rating.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Everything my girlfriend and I was excellent. We are only sorry that we didn't save room for dessert, but there was so much great eating before then. Our server was busy but attentive. It was a bit on the "energetic" side for a quiet romantic dinner, but in the end, what mattered most was the tasty food. We can recommend everything we ate--the olives, the Rezaz Mezza, halibut, romaine, goat cheese ravioli...I should stop before I get hungry again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The food is always wonderful, fresh, perfectly seasoned and cooked.....a great experience and we go every year we head to Asheville for Fall foliageSpecial Features:
- Way better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We weren't expecting such a nice restaurant. I had filet mignon, never had better. My wife had halibut, delicious. Goat cheesecake was great and unique way to finish the meal.Special Features:
- Decompress and EnjoyRelaxedinViningsDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant was a treat; fun food, a bit edgy, and very tasty. From the appetizers on to the desserts, this restaurant is creative. Presentation was excellent and flavors were great. We tried three appetizers including the fried manchego with honey, lamb pizza etc. I was particularly happy to be able to order a half size entree of the scallops and they did NOT disappoint. Desserts included some real winners. Another nice feature was that the tables were not crammed together so there was room to spread out a bit. In all an excellent experience and a good way to see a different part of Asheville (ie the village area and not the downtown).Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodiemomDined on 10/17/2014It is always a treat to eat at Rezaz. The food is interesting and there are great choices and always interesting specials. It is hard to make a decision, but everyone in our party was pleased with the choice they had made. It was a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biltmore village specialtygolfergalDined on 10/15/2014Located in Biltmore village area, it is deceiving when you enter since the dining area is actually separate from a take out counter area. It was dark entering the first room but once inside the restaurant section, things were busy. The service was good and the dinners also very good. Crowded so be sure to make a reservation. We went on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- SuperbBrendaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant never ceases to amaze me. It just gets better and better. Can't wait to come back. The halibut was perfect and my husband had the PRIME pork tenderloin. The owner/chef is amazing with the preparations.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!kcolliDined on 10/11/2014We spent the morning at the Biltmore Estate and then had a late lunch here. The service was fabulous and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!luckyladyDined on 10/10/2014I have been eating at Rezaz' since they opened. I have NEVER had less than great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Wonderful dining experience for my birthday!! Very attentive staff. Thank you again Rezzaz.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in AshevillewinedoctorDined on 10/8/2014Rezaz is a regular spot for us when we're in Asheville, and we dined there with friends to celebrate our anniversary this time. Everyone's meal was superb. The Rezaz Mezzez appetizer was excellent, and my braised lamb shank was tender and flavorful. I can't say enough good things about it and it is highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great DinnerJandDDined on 10/8/2014Went to Rezaz to meet friends we haven't seen in years. Great dinner, wine, and service. My lamb shank was excellent, as was the goat cheese cheesecake. Our guests were impressed and we really enjoyed ourselves. Frank our server was great. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungrytravellerDined on 10/8/2014A great choice next to Biltmore Village with Contemporary/Mediterranean decor. Frank, our waiter, suggested several items from the menu, many of which we tried, and all were outstanding. One menu item, the lamb shank, was particularly delicious...fall-off-the-bone tender and wonderfully seasoned. During our stay in Asheville, we tried several excellent restaurants, but Rezaz was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantFreebird1VIPDined on 10/7/2014The Food And service is always outstanding. One the Best Places in Asheville to eat.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Wonderful PlacefoodsnobVIPDined on 10/7/2014Rezaz has been a favorite of ours for years. The menu is fresh, inventive and well priced. The flavor combinations are exotic and work well, not just trying to be different which seems to be a trend these days. Ask your server for the perfect wine to work with your selection at lunch or dinner. The staff is very well trained. I have never had a bad meal or a less than perfect time here. It's fun when the train rumbles through so close. The décor is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.