Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
28 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rezaz.com/
- Phone: 8282771510x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday : 5:30pm to close, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm to close
Deli: Monday-Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Reza Setayesh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: An eclectic Mediterranean offering, using freshest local and regional ingredients with new Mediterranean cooking methods.
- Private Party Facilities: The Benedetto room, a private dinning option to accommodate up to 26 guests. The Benedetto room is a perfect place to celebrate the special occasion or a business function.
- Private Party Contact: Tucker McElroy 8282771510x
A word from Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine
Rezaz Restaurant and Wine Bar located in a historic turn of the century building where modern minimalist decor meets simple casual eloquence. The sophisticated menu emphasizes the fresh eclectic and traditional flavors of all Mediterranean countries. Chef Reza's eastern Mediterranean background and his travels within this region enables him to showcase the wealth of flavors by using spices, herbs and freshest seasonal local ingredients in all his menu offerings. Located in the heart of Biltmore Village, this warm and sleek establishment has mastered the rhythm of great food, superior wines, and excellent friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Rezaz Mediterranean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (165)special occasion (103)neighborhood gem (95)romantic (68)notable wine list (62)great for lunch (49)good for groups (36)hot spot (29)great for brunch (19)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Rezaz is a favoritejroausaVIPDined on 9/29/2014Rezaz has never disappointed. Monday night they were a little off (portions different, food inconsistent from the usual "spot on") but even on an off night Rezaz is still a great restaurant. If you are in Asheville and particularly in the Biltmore Village area this is a nice end to the day. They serve lunch but dinner has always been my pick.Special Features:
- Very goodvsvnDined on 9/27/2014I didn't know what to expect when my wife told me to make a reservation at a mediterranean cuisine restaurant because all the one I've had were good but very forgetful. I have to admit that the food, service, and ambient were great. Our server Frank was awesome!!! Next time when we're in the Asheville area, we'd definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesSallyDined on 9/27/2014The food was outstanding and the service was superb....presentation is artistic. Rezaz never disappoints me!Special Features:
- Outstanding fool and serviceJudiRDined on 9/27/2014From the moment we arrived, the service was wonderful. Our wait person was great and food was certainly memorable. We look forward to return soon!Special Features:
- brencaseDined on 9/27/2014This is one of the better restaurants in Asheville; and that is high praise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/26/2014Rezaz always delivers. Great & friendly service. Great food. We go there almost every time we visit Asheville.Special Features:
- Always good food and serviceAvlrealtorDined on 9/24/2014We had a party of 8 and service was excellent - orders were correct and timing of food was perfect. The staff are always professional and know their wines and food. You can count on consistency with Rezaz's food and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- A wonderful treatBarbieDined on 9/23/2014We just returned from Asheville and ate a wonderful midweek dinner at Rezaz. The menu is eclectic, with a mix of Meditteranean and slight southern twist. Everything we had was delicious. I went for two first courses. The grilled Caesar Salad was delicious. Our desserts were outstanding as was the service. Everyone was so friendly, chatting with us and suggesting wine. The wine list is reasonable and extensive I would definitely return to Rezazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchTownmtnDined on 9/23/2014Rezaz continues to be my favorite spot for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great FoodVickiUCFDined on 9/22/2014Not our first time here. We like to take guests since meals are unique and always great. Entree's this visit included lamb shank, trout and Delmonico steak. All presentations are visual delights and taste to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Sophisticated, but decidedly un-stuffy feel, fabulous fresh fish/Mediterranean spices/unique accompaniments, great French wines, large creative dessert menu. As a native I know the difference between tourist trendy and consistently outstanding . . . . this is one restaurant that never disappoints and I return time and time again -- very convenient parking.Special Features:
- Great servicedannyDined on 9/19/2014As is typical, the service was great. We had Ben this time and the cocktails came amazingly quickly and cold, wine almost instantly and the food piping hot. A great job. The food is always terrific, fresh Mahi in one case, Yellowtail in another--beautiful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJedLDined on 9/13/2014I'm not well versed in Mediterranean food however out server Frank did an exceptional job ensuring we knew exactly what we were ordering. Food was delicious and the service was superb.Special Features:
- A terrific find!LadyBugDined on 9/12/2014The four courses that each of us chose far exceeded "GREAT"!!! The blend of seasonings and ingredients, presentation and amounts served were spot-on. Our waiter, Ben, was very knowledgeable and polite. His attention was exactly as one would hope from a wait person. He did not hover. We will definitely choose Rezaz again for fine dining!Special Features:
- Disappointed AgainMountainjimVIPDined on 9/11/2014I am a resident of Asheville, and Rezaz has been one of my go to restaurants. I have always enjoyed taking out of town guests to enjoy the food. This past week, I brought friends for dinner, and two out of the three entres, which were specials for the evening, had to be returned to the kitchen. Overdone pork roast and flavorless barbecue pulled pork. This is not the first time, over the past several visits, that the food has been disappointing. Sorry to say, Rezaz is no longer one of my go to restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food. The service staff was polite, friendly and very knowledgeable. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveninglisaDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was impeccable. Frank our server was knowledgeable and attentive. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbugsDined on 9/5/2014Always enjoy dinning at Rezaz. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Highly recommendDawgzLifeDined on 9/5/2014Excellent fine dining experience, but they have great lunch menu as well. The entire experience was great from beginning to end. Dinner prices are consistent with the quality of the food & environment, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinnerdine2fairDined on 9/5/2014We had eaten at Reza's in the past and thoroughly enjoyed both the food, service and ambiance but this last visit was not what we had been accustomed to from previous visits. The menu in the past was an eclectic grouping of Mediterranean fare and was enjoyable. The new menu has decidedly taken on a much more middle eastern cuisine which we found hard to make a decision from. We wound up with two of the chef's daily specials which were very good. Another aspect was the service, his knowledge of the menu and daily specials was sketchy and attention to detail was minimal. On the other hand, the busboy was very attentive and professional. At this time we would not go back as middle eastern cuisine is not to our liking.
- 4 year anniversary at RezazOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Dinner at 6 so restaurant did not have many patrons at beginning which gave it a quiet, secluded feel. The empanada appetizer was delightful. I had the sea scallops, chickpeas, and mango quite a pleasant surprise when fused together. The wife had the mahi special and could not stop raving about it. I preferred the cannoli and my wife the crème brulé for desert. The waitor was extremely knowledgable. Overall great experience and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spotPamcDined on 9/4/2014Rezaz is my favorite Ashevllle restaurant. I have been many times and find the food and wine excellent. The service is excellent. Good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable excellenceculinatorVIPDined on 9/3/2014Flavorful cool cucumber soup, exceptional lamb shank along with creative desserts and excellent service combined to create a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great experienceBillDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I went to celebrate her birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our food and experience.Special Features:
- Once was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Rezaz has been our neighborhood "go to" restaurant for many years, but we have noticed a considerable downturn in the quality of the food and service. This lunch had excellent service but not so good food. My pizza was over cooked, making the thin crust a crumbly cracker, and the cheese a thin layer of flavored plastic. My friend ordered her cheeseburger medium and got it the consistency of a hockey puck. Both meals should have been sent back, but they were on the edge of eatable and we chatted and just ate. Service, both wait staff and kitchen time were, for a change, great. Now, if they can only get the kitchen back to excellent. We do not have many more chances to give Rezaz before we look for another favorite nearby restaurant.
- Consistently wonderful!1JulieGirlDined on 9/2/2014We have dined at Rezaz almost since it opened and this time we brought along friends who now live in downtown Asheville. While we could have dined anywhere in downtown...we chose to hop in the car...and drive a few short minutes south to Rezaz in Biltmore Village. Our friends were delighted with the ever changing menu: its wide selection of delicious and unusual combinations, appetizers, small and large plates and memorable desserts. If you go soon...be sure to order the cucumber soup a seasonal delight. Rezaz...is a place to dine for special reasons...or for no reason at all. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Delicious food experienceLuv2wineDined on 8/31/2014Our service was really excellent, and we appreciated the wine suggestion, which also was excellent for the price. The vegetarian in our group ordered several menu items, and these were his comments: oooh, aaah. The rest of us ordered fish dishes. My halibut was slightly overcooked, but the zucchini cake and spicy roasted peppers made interesting accompaniaments. Trout was the favorite, and I will try that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dining!WNCManDined on 8/29/2014I could not recommend Rezaz any higher for a remarkable dining experience. Amazingly creative food, outstanding wait staff, quietly elegant ambience, excellent wine list, I can go on. We love to bring out of town friends from serious big city foodie towns and watch their shock at how amazing Rezaz's is at a fraction of big city prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodLittleVIPDined on 8/27/2014Went back for lunch after having dinner earlier in the week. Service was really good , and the food is so very good. The humus tray is outstanding - I could have eaten only that with the warm pita. We have not been disappointed in all of our choices for dinner and for lunch. A must try while in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLittleVIPDined on 8/23/2014We got into Asheville but were able to get a reservation. Service was great. Food was excellent. I had the tuna that was prepared so well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 45thtanddDined on 8/23/2014Wife and I went to celebrate 45th wedding anniversary with nice dinner - and it was wonderful. Our dinners were great - flavorful and filling but we were not stuffed. Service was respectful of our desire for leisurely dinner, even though the restaurant was clearly packed with diners.Special Features:
- Great foodHighdiverDined on 8/23/2014Had the shrimp and calamari. Was tasty and calamari was tender. The manchego cheese appitizer was not your average fried cheese. The cucumber soup was very good as was the halibutSpecial Features:
- Always GoodJuniDined on 8/22/2014We visit Rezaz fairly often, have done for years, never been disappointed. Try the calimari and shrimp appetizer -- even if you're not a big calimari fan. It might make you one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable anniversary celebrationtedandmarieDined on 8/19/2014We started the celebration of our 47th wedding anniversary with lunch at Rezas. This was our first time at Rezas, but it will not be our last! The food was excellent (the best we can remember anywhere!) as was the service of our waiter. We were seated in a quiet area of the restaurant when they knew of our special day, and, to our surprise, were treated to a complimentary dessert at the end of the meal. What a wonderful way to start a memorable celebration. Thank you, Rezas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014This is a very good restaurant and provides a great dining experience. The food is outstanding and it's beautifully presented. Try the mussels in a curry, white wine, garlic broth. Excellent. I would have given the service five stars, but the place was busy and I think they were short staffed a little. Our server forgot several things, but she was so personable that we really didn't mind. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First choice when in AshevilledooczDined on 8/18/2014Great menu and great food. Outstanding service, Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food is inventive; enexpected; there were rose petals in the cucumber soup, as well as pistachios. The steak we shared was fabulously flavorful. The service was attentive but not intrusive. A great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Bad Meal. Never!pupilmarkVIPDined on 8/15/2014We've been to Rezaz many times now and we've never been disappointed in anything. (The mussels this last time were wonderful.) There is always something new to try or just go with your regular menu favorites. The service is always impeccable.
- Nice ExperienceCarski22VIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent would highly recommend when in AshevilleSpecial Features:
- Memorable celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We celebrated my daughter's 25th birthday at Rezaz and could not have been more pleased with the food and service. What a lovely & memorable evening....... highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.