1130 Buck Jones Road
Raleigh, NC 27606Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (919) 380-0122
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Jerry St. Andrews
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rey's will customize & accommodate your catering needs. Please call (919) 380-0122 for details.
A word from Rey's
Rey's is an upscale restaurant featuring great food & exceptional service with a French Quarter flare. The comfortable ambience & affordable prices are sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Rey's - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Rey's reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (72)notable wine list (43)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Rey's is the Best!RoseygirlDined on 11/15/2014Hands down, Rey's has to be our favorite restaurant in this area. It never disappointments. From the drinks and food to the wait staff, the entire experience is always a joy. EVERYTHING on the menu is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan is KingBaltimoreDiner03VIPDined on 11/15/2014The best Rey's Manhattan! Make sure to order one along with the Bananas Foster made tableside!Special Features:
- Food great, atmosphere nice, service good...chuckDined on 11/15/2014Rey's is a special place, it is not pretentious. The staff including Rey, himself, make you feel welcomed. They go out of their way to make sure everything is just right. The food is great and the Fleming Banana's Foster is to die for. It is not inexpensive ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rey's: A++tdd325Dined on 11/15/2014I surprised my girlfriend with a day full of unexpected events, and we capped the evening off with dinner at Rey's. I did not know about the restaurant (but I'm not from the triangle), and neither did she. I honestly found Rey's online when I searched for the triangle's best places for creme brulee (which she loves). Looking at the menu, I wasn't sure if she would like the French Quarter-inspired dishes, but she really enjoyed our entire meal. We started with the Grilled Brie & fruit -- it was light but really great as an appetizer. My girlfriend had the Herb Crusted Atlantic Salmon over wilted spinach, and I had the Chicken Marsala. We shared two familly-style sides: creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes. EVERYTHING was amazing. The kicker for me was the dessert: I found Rey's searching for restaurants in the triangle with the best creme brulee. My girlfriend is a creme brulee snob (lol), so I was *really* hoping it would live up to the hype. AND. IT. DID. she absolutely loved it. Kudos to the entire staff at Rey's. It's an extremely elegant establishment with service to match. I would highly recommend Rey's to anyone who's looking for a great dining experience for someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior ServiceAdrienneDined on 11/14/2014We dined with a friend who knows Rey and he and his staff went out of their way to make our dining experience a pleasurable one. I believe this is the standard though and it wouldn't matter if Rey knows you or not! Definitely try the Bananas Foster....a delicious way to end your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingDaveVIPDined on 11/8/2014We always enjoy Reys - its one of the best steakhouses in the Raleigh area. Only helpful criticism is that some of the wines (like Jordan) are a bit more expensive than at other restaurants, but there are enough reasonable choices for wine at different price levels.Special Features:
- Very good food, excellent service!JDPurvisVIPDined on 11/8/2014Although we are now to the area, we had been to Rey's on prior visits. As others have noted, Rey is a constant presence, checking with customers to be sure everything is going well. food was, as before, very good, though it could be even better with a few tweaks. Service was attentive, but not obtrusive. We will return.Special Features:
- Great service, excellent foodBuenProvechoDined on 11/7/2014We really enjoyed a relaxed birthday for my wife; the wait staff and hostess were very friendly, courteous and accommodating. Filet mignon was perfect with lightly herbed sear and spot-on temperature. Lobster bisque was great, waiter recommended wine was a good pair with our entrees; never felt stuffy or rushed. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great SteakGeneDined on 11/6/2014The food, service and friendliness is just super at Rey's. Also Rey himself goes by each table a couple of times each night checking with the diners to make sure all is just right. Great Place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersJabarDined on 11/5/2014This was our first time at Rey's. Although it is advertised with a French Quarter Flare; other than a few dishes it was quite eclectic. From gumbo to steaks to pork chops to seafood to veal scaloppine Marsala with mushrooms. Of the four of us dining we all tried different things and they were quite good. Everything is al a carte. They serve sides like the steak houses. However, the lyonnaise potatoes were not lyonnaise potatoes. The owner tried to remedy that.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014We were there to celebrate my wife's birthday and had a great meal and service was top shelf. The owner is friendly and cares about his patrons.Special Features:
- GREAT experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Loved being able to make online reservations-very easy! The food was excellent, and the service was too. We thoroughly enjoyed every bite of food! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than beforeArtsterVIPDined on 11/1/2014We've enjoyed Rey's as regular customer's ever since it opened and marveled at the great food and service. When we were there last Saturday night Rey had a new stuffed mushroom appetizer that blew me away. I'm not a mushroom fan, but the chorizo and cheese was such a perfect balance I was tempted to order a large batch for dinner. Instead I selected my favorite, the filet, which was cooked to a perfect medium rare. Forget the other steak and chop houses. Rey always beates them hands down.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience2DinersDined on 10/29/2014Best dining experience on a two week vacation. Beef and scallops were delicious; atmosphere is quiet and sophisticated but not stuffy. Wait staff was attentive and professional.Special Features:
- I could actually hear my companion!FeleciaDined on 10/25/2014We always go back to Rey's for those special dinners. Have tried other steakhouses and though the food may be great, they are usually crowded and noisy. Last one we went to in downtown Raleigh, I could not carry on a conversation with my husband right across the table from me it was so loud. But even on a busy Saturday night at Rey's we were able to relax and talk and take our time with our meal. And the food was fabulous and the service (Scott) attentive but allowed us to pace the meal as we wanted. No point in going anywhere else !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SopinesTimDined on 10/25/2014Food presentation was excellent and everything we ordered was delicious. Very friendly wait staff. I'd go back in a heatbeatSpecial Features:
- Relaxing and enjoyable dinnerwineandineVIPDined on 10/20/2014Rey's is welcoming, with good food and service. Love the white tablecloths. Appreciate the attentiveness of the staff; their prime objective is that you enjoy your meal.Special Features:
- No success with the NY StripDuaneODined on 10/20/2014They need to seriously find a different vendor for the beef they are buying. NY Strip came cooked as ordered but it was rubbery and full of grizzle. Not choice cut by anyone's definition. Sent it back to the kitchen and number 2 was cooked as I requested, but was equally rubbery. Chewing took forever. Choice steak should almost melt in your mouth, not need to be chewed like dried beef jerky. Really didn't want to send back steak #2 because they would think I was the problem, as perhaps I would think if I were the waiter. I've waited tables in a steakhouse, been to many steakhouses in my time and neither these were acceptable. Prep, wait staff, everything else was great. No complaints.Special Features:
- Just like we were in LouisianakatherineDined on 10/11/2014Everything was fantastic. We highly recommend the bananas foster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding first experienceOnTheBorderDined on 10/9/2014We were pleasantly surprised with everything. First class interior appeal, superb service and really excellent food. We love the food of New Orleans so we were looking forward to our first visit to Rey's. There was no disappointment here. We'll be going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEC5653Dined on 10/3/2014The staff was very cordial and efficient. The owner made a special effort to visit us to see if we were pleased. We felt like we had been there before although it was our first visit. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Rey is an incredible host! Started an evening bachelor party out at this wonderful restaurant, and couldn't be more pleased with how it went. Rey stopped by to personally welcome us to the restaurant, and to let us know that "No" simply does not exist in their vocabulary. Boy, did they mean it! Top quality food (We had scallops and steaks) prepared expertly, and served by the friendliest staff I have ever had the privilege of being served by.Special Features:
- CatherineDined on 9/27/2014outstanding service, nice variety on the menu, generous portions, fabulous dessert!!Special Features:
- This restaurant is my favoritemagwag72Dined on 9/20/2014The service was great, the food was cooked perfectly. The wine was yummy, and the dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and service -- alwaysBillVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to Rey's with my family of 5 this time and was WOW'ed as usual. The food was fantastic. The only thing better was the service. Jason is a true professional. And Rey always adds his own personal touch to every table in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best we've been togwlee7Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time coming here and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Great service, great food, and we were honestly treated as though we were regulars who had been coming there for years. We felt like the staff and owner appreciated that we decided to eat there. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleMeredithDined on 9/17/2014Everything was perfect from the time we arrived, to the food, to our very pleased exit. The service and atmosphere was very comfortable. This restaurant made our anniversary incredibly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed but still supportivedownerDined on 9/17/2014I have been to Rey's many times. This time the steak was sub-par! Two of my part of three had the 16 oz ribeye... while you do expect some marbleing, these were devastated with grissle! Neither of us returned them, but most certainly should've. I mentioned to our waiter at the end, and there was no apologies. Nothing which was a bit of a surprise too! Whereas, I will most likely return, I will never settle for sub-part steaks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent and priceyBeanDined on 9/11/2014We dine here fairly often, at friends' request. Quality of food varies. Sometimes I can get a Filet cooked "Pittsburgh Style" and it is cooked perfectly. Other times overcooked. The beef is not bad, but not the top quality that I expect for the price. OFTEN steaks are chewy and not tender. I highly recommend the Salmon. Most of our party generally gets the Grouper which they always tell me is good. Good side dishes, particularly the mashed potatoes and the au gratin potatoes. Not bad wine list. I feel that Rey's is overpriced for the quality of the steaks and chops, and I buy the same wines at several other restaurants (Firebirds, Bonefish, Yard House) for much less. When Rey is not there, food and service are usually not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WARM, FRIENDLY, PERSONAL SERVICEXnyfresserVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have gone to Reys to celebrate special occasions for the past 3 years and have never been disappointed. Everything from our cocktails to dessert has been excellent. My bread pudding was the perfect ending to an anniversary dinner that didn't break the bank, but tasted as if it did. The wait staff is attentive and helpful, yet not intrusive. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday GatheringMoonlightDelightDined on 9/8/2014We held my wife's birthday party at Rey's and were given a private room with OUTSTANDING service. The selection on the menu was great and the combination of appetizers, entrees and deserts were FABULOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rey's is the best in the TriangleBillVIPDined on 9/4/2014I've been going to Rey's for years and I keep waiting for that one time that I'm disappointed. Well, it never happens. Best staff serving the best food. Period. (and the ambiance is fantastic regardless of the occasion...Rey will hook you up)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experienceluv2dineoutDined on 8/30/2014Never surprised at Rey's. Quality of food and service is always outstanding. And Rey stops at every table to say hello. I have been going to Rey's since it opened & will continue to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smu94Dined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent as well as the service! My girlfriend and I couldn't stop talking about how delicious the filet was. The mash potatoes were to die for as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rey's ReviewreyofsunshineDined on 8/22/2014Best tasting food ever. Worth the extra. Loved it. Made a lifetime memory for special romantic date with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningMsFussyDined on 8/22/2014Perfectly cooked meals with excellent service. We had beef and chicken entrees plus a nice bottle of malbec. They decanted the wine, a real plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!IncaseDined on 8/16/2014As always, wonderful food and service. Couldn't ask for a better dining experience!Special Features:
- Birthday BashmitchikoDined on 8/16/2014Had researched Rey's online. The menu sounded awesome. For appetizers we selected fried oysters and Scallops. The oysters were great, well fried and seasoned. The scallops were not prepared as well. The turtle soup was horrible and I could not eat it. My steak was well cooked, tender, but needed more seasoning. My lobster was over cooked. My friend's grouper was good, but she stated the crab on top was fishy ruining the dish. Our other friend stated his tuna was prepared as ordered, but nothing spectacular. The mashed potatoes were too thin in texture and lacked flavor. The asparagus was okay. The bread pudding needed more custard. For the price we paid, we expected better food. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly.
- Nice Date NightLindsboDined on 8/16/2014Great hostess and great waiter. Steaks were perfect as well as the asparagus and potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Service as AlwaysMichael924Dined on 8/15/2014Our visit Friday, August 15th was exceptional as is our visit to this establishment. Surf and Turf were cooked a ordered as was the grouper. The Lettuce wedge was filling and flavorful. Service was top notch too! Will be back again!Special Features: