1130 Buck Jones Road
Raleigh, NC 27606Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9193800122
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Jerry St. Andrews
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rey's will customize & accommodate your catering needs. Please call (919) 380-0122 for details.
A word from Rey's
Rey's is an upscale restaurant featuring great food & exceptional service with a French Quarter flare. The comfortable ambience & affordable prices are sure to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rey's - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Rey's reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (70)notable wine list (41)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Relaxing and enjoyable dinnerwineandineVIPDined on 10/20/2014Rey's is welcoming, with good food and service. Love the white tablecloths. Appreciate the attentiveness of the staff; their prime objective is that you enjoy your meal.Special Features:
- Just like we were in LouisianakatherineDined on 10/11/2014Everything was fantastic. We highly recommend the bananas foster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding first experienceOnTheBorderDined on 10/9/2014We were pleasantly surprised with everything. First class interior appeal, superb service and really excellent food. We love the food of New Orleans so we were looking forward to our first visit to Rey's. There was no disappointment here. We'll be going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEC5653Dined on 10/3/2014The staff was very cordial and efficient. The owner made a special effort to visit us to see if we were pleased. We felt like we had been there before although it was our first visit. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Rey is an incredible host! Started an evening bachelor party out at this wonderful restaurant, and couldn't be more pleased with how it went. Rey stopped by to personally welcome us to the restaurant, and to let us know that "No" simply does not exist in their vocabulary. Boy, did they mean it! Top quality food (We had scallops and steaks) prepared expertly, and served by the friendliest staff I have ever had the privilege of being served by.Special Features:
- CatherineDined on 9/27/2014outstanding service, nice variety on the menu, generous portions, fabulous dessert!!Special Features:
- This restaurant is my favoritemagwag72Dined on 9/20/2014The service was great, the food was cooked perfectly. The wine was yummy, and the dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and service -- alwaysBillVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to Rey's with my family of 5 this time and was WOW'ed as usual. The food was fantastic. The only thing better was the service. Jason is a true professional. And Rey always adds his own personal touch to every table in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best we've been togwlee7Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time coming here and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Great service, great food, and we were honestly treated as though we were regulars who had been coming there for years. We felt like the staff and owner appreciated that we decided to eat there. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleMeredithDined on 9/17/2014Everything was perfect from the time we arrived, to the food, to our very pleased exit. The service and atmosphere was very comfortable. This restaurant made our anniversary incredibly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed but still supportivedownerDined on 9/17/2014I have been to Rey's many times. This time the steak was sub-par! Two of my part of three had the 16 oz ribeye... while you do expect some marbleing, these were devastated with grissle! Neither of us returned them, but most certainly should've. I mentioned to our waiter at the end, and there was no apologies. Nothing which was a bit of a surprise too! Whereas, I will most likely return, I will never settle for sub-part steaks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent and priceyBeanDined on 9/11/2014We dine here fairly often, at friends' request. Quality of food varies. Sometimes I can get a Filet cooked "Pittsburgh Style" and it is cooked perfectly. Other times overcooked. The beef is not bad, but not the top quality that I expect for the price. OFTEN steaks are chewy and not tender. I highly recommend the Salmon. Most of our party generally gets the Grouper which they always tell me is good. Good side dishes, particularly the mashed potatoes and the au gratin potatoes. Not bad wine list. I feel that Rey's is overpriced for the quality of the steaks and chops, and I buy the same wines at several other restaurants (Firebirds, Bonefish, Yard House) for much less. When Rey is not there, food and service are usually not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WARM, FRIENDLY, PERSONAL SERVICEXnyfresserVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have gone to Reys to celebrate special occasions for the past 3 years and have never been disappointed. Everything from our cocktails to dessert has been excellent. My bread pudding was the perfect ending to an anniversary dinner that didn't break the bank, but tasted as if it did. The wait staff is attentive and helpful, yet not intrusive. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday GatheringMoonlightDelightDined on 9/8/2014We held my wife's birthday party at Rey's and were given a private room with OUTSTANDING service. The selection on the menu was great and the combination of appetizers, entrees and deserts were FABULOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rey's is the best in the TriangleBillVIPDined on 9/4/2014I've been going to Rey's for years and I keep waiting for that one time that I'm disappointed. Well, it never happens. Best staff serving the best food. Period. (and the ambiance is fantastic regardless of the occasion...Rey will hook you up)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experienceluv2dineoutDined on 8/30/2014Never surprised at Rey's. Quality of food and service is always outstanding. And Rey stops at every table to say hello. I have been going to Rey's since it opened & will continue to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smu94Dined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent as well as the service! My girlfriend and I couldn't stop talking about how delicious the filet was. The mash potatoes were to die for as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rey's ReviewreyofsunshineDined on 8/22/2014Best tasting food ever. Worth the extra. Loved it. Made a lifetime memory for special romantic date with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningMsFussyDined on 8/22/2014Perfectly cooked meals with excellent service. We had beef and chicken entrees plus a nice bottle of malbec. They decanted the wine, a real plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!IncaseDined on 8/16/2014As always, wonderful food and service. Couldn't ask for a better dining experience!Special Features:
- Birthday BashmitchikoDined on 8/16/2014Had researched Rey's online. The menu sounded awesome. For appetizers we selected fried oysters and Scallops. The oysters were great, well fried and seasoned. The scallops were not prepared as well. The turtle soup was horrible and I could not eat it. My steak was well cooked, tender, but needed more seasoning. My lobster was over cooked. My friend's grouper was good, but she stated the crab on top was fishy ruining the dish. Our other friend stated his tuna was prepared as ordered, but nothing spectacular. The mashed potatoes were too thin in texture and lacked flavor. The asparagus was okay. The bread pudding needed more custard. For the price we paid, we expected better food. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly.
- Nice Date NightLindsboDined on 8/16/2014Great hostess and great waiter. Steaks were perfect as well as the asparagus and potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Service as AlwaysMichael924Dined on 8/15/2014Our visit Friday, August 15th was exceptional as is our visit to this establishment. Surf and Turf were cooked a ordered as was the grouper. The Lettuce wedge was filling and flavorful. Service was top notch too! Will be back again!Special Features:
- Fine dining with personalityCayloDined on 8/11/2014Finally a restaurant that has unbelievable steak. Coming from Greek parents that had the same type of family friendly service and the best steaks in town, I now have very own place in Cary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite spotsSuzieEDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful restaurant all round...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- sasjpbDined on 7/31/2014We had an awesome dinner! Steak and salmon was perfect; chosen sides & fresh summer salad was superb (and we shared), but the excellent service was the best.....including the special "Peaches Foster' that Rey prepared himself at our table was so great! YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemTDKKRKDined on 7/30/2014We were celebrating my wife's 40th birthday the other night and wanted to try something new. Rey's is our new go to dinner establishment. Phenomenal at every level to include food, bar, environment and especially the service. Our waiter Scott has been there for more than 15 years and you could tell! Very knowledgable and helpful in deciding wine pairing, recommending specific dishes, etc. Will definitely frequent at least every two weeks.Special Features:
- One of the best steak housesDaveVIPDined on 7/29/2014Once again it was great evening, wiht fantastic food, excellent service and a friendly atmosphere. One of best Steak houses in Raleigh and the best value overall. Some of the high end chains are more expensive but no better than Rey's.Special Features:
- first time..will be backmoovieloverVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent. I only gave 4 stars because the beef tenderloin and shrimp which I had altho tasty, was a very boring dish. However, the chicken marsala, which my wife ordered was outstandingly delicious. The chopped salad and the romaine hearts salad were excellent. The chocolate raspberry truffle cake was wonderful and just the right portion for sharing. The service from the wait-staff was perfect.Special Features:
- Service Not So GoodcumsteadDined on 7/26/2014Normally a top drawer establishment. The service this time was significantly below our usual experience. The food preparation took an extremely long time and the sides appeared to be warmed over. Staff did not keep us informed of the status as three other families that arrived after us in the back seating area were served their dinner before us. The waiter spent a lot of time discussing tables where guest could be seated instead of tending to our needs. During the long wait for our food, our beverages were low and we had to continually contact other waiter staff for refills... as our person was other wise occupied. We will be back...but not for the same experience!:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencefoodiegirlDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent! My husband had the lamb and I had veal marsala. I asked if the chef could omit the butter in my dish, and that was no problem. My husband is a crème brulee fan, and said it was awesome. We will go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Rey'sDebLVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food and service is always wonderful. Love the slight menu variations with seasonal offerings.Special Features:
- Condescending waiterBonniegalVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our experience was good, but there were still flaws. Pros: lovely, clubby atmosphere. Perfect lighting for a romantic night, steaks were flavorful. Martini was delicious. Cons: my husband's steak was undercooked, mine was overlooked. This would have been fine except our waiter felt the need to explain not once, but twice what rare, medium rare, medium, etc meant at HIS restaurant. We are in our 50's and not "new" at this. In addition, our " jumbo" shrimp cocktail was at best medium and had very little flavor. This is common with previously frozen seafood. All in all, we did enjoy our night out. However, there are many wonderful restaurants in the Raleigh area that specialize in steak. We won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014Rey's is reliably excellent in all areas -- service, food and cuisine. Delicious cocktails and an outstanding wine list added to our enjoyment. We highly recommend the Oscar Tornedos and for dessert, the Bananas Foster (the best outside New Orleans). Kelly's service was relaxed, friendly and non-obtrusive.Special Features:
- Rey's Restaurant Never DissapointsjohjeffDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten here several times and have enjoyed it. The food and presentation is consistent and good. Prices are reasonable for a special occasion night out, and the menu covers all the basics. This is maybe not the place to go for foodies looking for interesting and adventurous eats, but is a great night out for a couple or a couple friends. Of course, no visit is complete without the Cherries Jubilee or the Bananas Foster!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food and service were excellent. I would recommend this place to others, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at its best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014The staff could not have been more accommodating to two handicapped seniors. A rear e restaurant that has table arm chairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackDined on 7/21/2014Best high-end value restuarant in Cary area. Hands-down better value than Ruth Chris or Angus Barn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steak!EnjoyedItDined on 7/19/2014Food was amazing. My wife and I split the ribeye and three sides which was more than plenty! Also enjoyed a nice bottle of wine. Even the bread at the table was great! The price is high, but it is on par with the level of service and type of foods offered. Putting ANY type of steak sauce on the meat would've ruined it, the flavor itself was THAT great! We definitely recommend the sauteed mushrooms and mashed garlic potatoes! We will definitely be coming back for special occasions!Special Features:
- Best streak house in the TriangleAllenDined on 7/17/2014We always enjoy Rey's. Best streak house in the triangle. Make sure you order the table-side prepared Bananas Foster for dessert. Can't be beat!.Special Features: