Reynard @ The Wythe Hotel
80 Wythe Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11249Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Reynard @ The Wythe Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.reynardnyc.com/
- Phone: 7184608004x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner: Daily: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Reynard @ The Wythe Hotel
Reynard is located in The Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg. We serve Contemporary American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Reynard @ The Wythe Hotel - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Reynard @ The Wythe Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (34)special occasion (30)great for brunch (29)good for groups (26)romantic (22)notable wine list (20)scenic view (19)great for lunch (17)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A wonderful experience loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014From the minute you enter you just know it would be wonderful. And it was. The food was magical and the menu was great. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter and LemonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Started with the house made charcuterie which was great. The bread was delicious, the mustard was spicy, and there were plenty of pickles and onions to compliment the very good pate. Then came dinner. I got a rice dish that came with different seafoods: it only tasted of butter and lemon. Very disappointing and I sent it back. My girlfriend got the hake which was good but still a too much butter. At least the hake had some other flavors going for it though, there was a mint chutney in the corn which was great but there needed to be more of it to cut the heavy amount of garlic and butter in the mix. Overall, a disappointing experience and I would not come back or recommend this to anyone.
- Excellent brunchBarney2Dined on 8/30/2014Very good, excellent and delicious food, helpful, friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent Taste of BrooklynDavenDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I took my aunts visiting from out of town there for dinner the other night. We wanted them to experience great food in a nice atmosphere that really gave them a feel for Williamsburg. We were running late for our reservation on a busy night but called ahead and the Maitre d assured us our table would be held. The staff was incredibly efficient and friendly and our waiter was extremely charismatic and knew the menu inside out. A lot of our dishes were per his recommendation and they were all fabulous, paired perfectly with the wines he suggested. We had a wonderful time and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Lively-Informed Service-Pricey FoodBoosBestDined on 8/22/2014They Reynard is a lovely restaurant that fits in well with the Williamsburg food and social scene. While the blaring music reflects that trend, the decibel level reached new highs and made a pleasant evening less so. The service was impeccable with a very knowledgeable wait staff. Unfortunately, like most "trendy" places the chef tries for the new, fancy and exotic, with the exception of a corn dish that was outstanding, the food was not outstanding and the few pieces of bread and very little peach for dessert, like many of the dishes, was way overpriced for what you get, but then again the view from the rooftop bar was worth the trip. Hamburger is best bet, ask for more onions, and french fries were also quite goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014The menu changes daily and was not in line with my taste. Others may love it but that night I was not. I have been for brunch though a few times and loved it.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerilikefoodVIPDined on 8/19/2014Our party of five had a wonderful dining experience at Reynard. The table provided was in a semi private alcove that was conducive to easy conversation while still providing the energy buzz the restaurant and bar have. We all had different appetizers and entrees but I will describe mine. I started off with the heirloom tomatoes with pole beans and pecorino crisps. Brilliant combination of texture, color and flavor. I then had the scallops and watermelon with haricot verts entree and a side vegetable of grilled corn with basil, aioli and parmesan. The selections and freshness of ingredients were perfect. The wait staff were welcoming, friendly, informative, ever present and accessible a great balance. Terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible food, great looking placeShonnieDined on 8/18/2014Starters and entrees arrived together! Heirloom tomato salad had so much vinegar, it was inedible. Fish over-seasoned. Serving of duck breast was OK but small. We definitely won't be back, except to have cocktails and enjoy the view from the roof.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014nice atmosphere, tasty food, great view on the kitchen, wonderful view from the rooftop bar for a drink before dinnerSpecial Features:
- LM108Dined on 8/9/2014We started w a drink before dinner on the roof top. The hostess was very nice to send us up ahead of the long line since we had a dinner res. you can't beat the amazing view on a summer evening and the service was very good despite the crowd. we enjoyed dinner, the porgy was delicious as was the gazpacho and shrimp appetizer. we would definitely return. service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014The unfussy attentiveness to detail at all levels--food, service, design--makes this place truly special. I felt like a guest rather than a customer. This is where I will go whenever I am in New York.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Its a beautiful space, the staff is excellent, and the food is very good. 4 Stars.Special Features:
- Terrible experience for my birthdayJme5Dined on 8/5/2014Had a reservation for 9pm for 6 ppl ended up having a plus one so they didn't seat is until 10:30pm. The restaurant wasn't even crowded we were the only people waiting to be seated. Finally seated half the menu was unavailable as it had run out the food and was bad- The burgers dry and fish mushy. The wine was also nothing memorable. To make netter worse one of us found a peice of glass in there water cup. The staff was nice and compd our eniter meal but then offered us dessert as well. Dessert took over 20 mins so we decided to just leave without it once we all stood up from the table they begged us to stay another 5 mins so we did. Finally when the dessert came it was literally tasteless and disgusting. Would never go back there again.Special Features:
- Memorable with friends!AbiphilDined on 7/26/2014We had an amazing time at Reynard. I had visited the hotel before and went back for the restaurant experience. It did not disappoint! Our server, Melissa, was kind and knowledgeable, and we were thrilled with each new plate we had ordered. Truly a wonderful, memorable dinner and sunset on the roof at The Ides was too-notch. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Scene and Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014We were a party of 7 and we tried several dishes and all were very good. The service was very nice and efficient. Loved the ambiance. Wine recommendation was great! We will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceAngelakDined on 7/11/2014We chose the raw tuna appetizer and pickle salad to start. Both were refreshing! The porgy to share with the mayonnaise lime corn and the scallops. All simply delicious and although rich in taste not heavy at all. Great drinks and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!JtcSnailDined on 7/11/2014The chef and cook staff turned out one of the best prepared meals I've eaten, and I eat out regularly. The creative combinations of unique flavors and ingredients were so enticing that for the first time I can remember I didn't have leftovers to take home with me. The restaurant is in the Wythe Hotel, a renovated former factory with wood floors and exposed old brick. It's in an industrial area the looks of which conflict with what the restaurant turns out. You'll need to overlook the environs and go for the food and dining experience. Will DEFINITELY be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over rated!Tiny0216VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was of good quality, but the flavors were definitely lacking! Nothing noteworthy on the brunch menu. Everything was just okay, at best. Two brunch plates & one cocktail was $80 with tip. Very overpriced for the amount of food & lack of satisfaction.
- Incredible servicebrooklynsamDined on 6/28/2014Every single person that works here is warm, welcoming, professional, and makes you glad you came there~
- Great nightWeaveVTDined on 6/22/2014Wait staff was helpful and we weren't rushed. We were able to take in the rooftop bar after dinner.Special Features:
- CookieDined on 6/22/2014A real Williamsburg scene; try to arrange to see the wonderful rooftop view.Special Features:
- Eat here on cool weather daysPaprikaVIPDined on 6/18/2014The food is excellent (especially the golden beets!) but the air-conditioning does not work - a little challenging on a hot June day. Superb selection of wines and our server had helpful suggestions. If you are looking for an edgy Williamsburg experience with interesting and delicious food, you won't be disappointed. Note: I wouldn't call the restaurant kid-friendly, but there were many small children in the dining room. Our hostess offered us a table in a mostly empty dining room next to a mother with her two young children. (We are and look the part of a middle aged couple out on an adult evening.) Our request for a different table was granted after some "checking" with a higher power.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic. Must go-to placeLondonerDined on 6/4/2014Everything about the place oozes cool. Really trendy find without any negative attitude. Great food. Great people. Great rooftop bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, delicious foodUmmyDined on 6/4/2014I've been here for brunch with my toddler and husband, and just had a birthday dinner with a group of girlfriends; both times the service was fantastic and the food was delicious. I would recommend this place to a variety of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegetarian main was starter sizeYummyDined on 6/1/2014I was very disappointed in this restaurant; the only vegetarian main was so slight it could not even be called a starter, and if I had not asked for bread I probably would have fainted from hunger. The waiter was also tiresomely unfriendly and filled with attitude in a cooler-than-thou mode. He looked like he was working at an undertakers. The only good thing about the whole experience was having a drink in the rooftop bar which has a great view. But the restaurant was terribly overrated.Special Features:
- Wythe Hotel better than the AcebrooklynisbetterDined on 5/31/2014The food was amazing. Staff super nice. The space is beautiful. One of the best NYC experiences out there right now. And, if you eat in the restaurant, you get to skip the line for the bar upstairs, which is always a great time too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal as AlwaysFosterDined on 5/28/2014Made a reservation here for a business dinner - I usually come casually on weeknights. Food was phenomenal, the wine-list always interesting, and the service perfect. They're great at making you feel taken care of without stifling you. I honestly don't understand why the restaurant isn't packed every night. But for now, I'm grateful to be able to walk in and have a couple glasses of wine and a great meal whenever I want.Special Features:
- 21st birtjday dinnerturntwinDined on 5/24/2014Went to Reynard for my younger sister's 21st birthday. The service was excellent, the food was great (she in particular was blown away), and the server suggested a fantastic bottle of wine - after inquiring after the $92 bottle of Bandol, we were informed that there was a cheaper one ($54) that was just as good. Very much appreciatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Reynard @ The Wythe Hotel reviews archive.
- Fine dining in WilliamsburgTriceVIPDined on 5/19/2014A superior meal and dinner service. Finally a real meal and fine dining can be had in the hipster world of twenty somethings. We the adults had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Not badmnycDined on 5/18/2014There are not so many restaurants near the waterfront in Williamsburg, so Reynard's gets fairly busy, especially on the weekend when there are a lot of extra people in the area. Highly recommended to make a reservation, especially if you're planning to have brunch. Otherwise the wait might be as long as an hour or more for two people. The staff is friendly enough, but I didn't feel as though they had a lot of confidence in what they were doing. Just something lacking compared to a nice Manhattan eating establishment. The food is pricey but tasty. The menu is fairly small, however. Try the grass-fed beef burger or the fried chicken sandwich.Special Features:
- Major kitchen timing issuesclevtrouDined on 5/12/2014I'd never been here before, so thought we'd try this one out. A group of 6 went on a Monday night. The restaurant was lively, but not full. Nice energy. The server was pleasant and generally attentive, and the food was overall very good. But... For both the app and dessert, half the table was served, while the other half sat, plateless, for nearly 10 minutes. Also, the gap between appetizer and entrees was 25-30 minutes. Again, it wasn't that busy, so ??? Also, the server was well aware of what happened on the appetizer course, so I'm baffled that he let it happen again with the desserts. Everyone generally had a good time, but we'll likely try somewhere else in the future. There's just too much better competition in the area.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMattBKDined on 5/11/2014Reynard has quickly become one of my top 3 restaurant choices. It gets it right on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all know what A. Tarlow can doTeddyeatsDined on 5/11/2014It was really good, need I say anything else? Thank god they take reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Own Little Corner of the WorlddeedsDined on 5/10/2014We were cared for and catered to from the moment we walked in the door at the Wyeth. Appealing aperitif/cocktail selection followed by perfectly balanced, inventive, and flavorful entrees. The extremely knowledgeable, attractive sommelier led us right to a well chosen bottle of wine which we made our way through, followed by after dinner chinati, again presented and explained with ultimate care by another passionate expert. Our only slight concern was the noise level - baffled as much as possible by our cozy banquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so good.tonyyDined on 5/6/2014great food, great vibe. some friends and i took my wife there for her birthday. the staff was super accommodating and hid, cut the cake, and put a candle on top for us. great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurenHDined on 5/5/2014I was less than impressed. The food was okay (appie was solid but the main dish was weirdly sweet) but not worth the price. It also was like warm at best when it arrived. The service also left something to be desired. The hostesses were indifferent and almost snobbish (the restaurant was empty so there is no excuse). My initial server was great but he disappeared and was replaced with another, indifferent model. I'm not from here but in a couple of days I've found a ton of places in the area that you are better off checking outSpecial Features:
- Best Brunchcrilopez123Dined on 5/3/2014Best Eggs Benedict!! Just add a Bloody Mary for a perfect NY brunch. In my 20+ years in NYC I probably had Eggs Benedict in 150 different restaurants, never this good!! The Bernaise sauce has a delicious buttery taste, the ham is sliced thin and --suprpirise!!-- no garlic in the spinach (for me = heaven). Yes, spinach too, very "Florentine" Eggs Benedict. I brought a group of 9 Italian designer friends who had no idea of what they were going to eat and they all thought that the food was really remarkable. And very cool ambiance. Great success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonameVIPDined on 5/1/2014Menu changes frequently, but every is creatively prepared. Server was knowledgable and all staff accommodating. After dinner, cocktails on the rooftop bar is a must-views of Manhattan are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Brooklyn's bestSmokinJoeDined on 4/27/2014Never disappointing. Burgers are great and brunch can be quite surprising. Dinner whatever the choice is prepared with great detail and love.Special Features:
- Exceptional RestaurantDeanJ326VIPDined on 4/20/2014Wow, Wow, Wow! The Easter Brunch was a set menu with only a few choices, but they were all exceptionally good. Every bit on every dish was delicious. I can't wait to go back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.