5333 Monroe St.
Toledo, OH 43623Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.revolutiongrille.com/
- Phone: 4198410066
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Rob Campbell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: The Chef's Table in our private room has seating for up to ten guests.
- Private Party Contact: Deborah Smith 8884563463
A word from Revolution Grille
Revolution Grille is a chef owned and operated restaurant that offers eclectic American cooking produced with classical techniques and ethnic influences from around the world. The ever-changing menu is a new take on American cuisine based on Chef and Proprietor Rob Campbell's direction. The menu will feature local and seasonal items and guests will appreciate the exceptional value and moderate pricing. We believe that this revolutionary approach sets us apart from the local competition and is the inspiration for our name, Revolution Grille.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Revolution Grille - Best Restaurants in Sylvania ›
Revolution Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (31)special occasion (29)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (15)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Noise level and spicey food2468Dined on 9/6/2014The noise level was very very loud. I almost needed a megaphone to converse with my date. I ordered the turkey leg without pepper or spice. The turkey leg was great, but the rice that was served with the dinner I could not eat. One fork of the rice and my mouth felt like someone poured pepper and spice in my mouth. It was like eating hot spicy mexican food. I addition a table next to us complained about the same thing ......Special Features:
- New place we found!PamelaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Fun, affordable new place in town. Small selection on menu but it changes and it's fresh and imaginative. A must try!Special Features:
- Revolution Grille - Nice SurpriseJJonesDined on 8/29/2014I was in town for the weekend and wanted a nice but not overly expensive place to eat. This place had a great ambiance with good service. The food was also tasty. The menus are on tablets and you click on each menu item and a picture/description pops open - cool feature!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Eric was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. We love the Revolution Lollipops. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snazzy with inventive menuMj71Dined on 8/24/2014Totally enjoyed the experience. Quiet upscale ambience without being pretentious . Food was very good with timely service. Wine selection very good without being off the chart expensive.Special Features:
- Date night with wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Lovely restaurant, food was thoughtfully conceived and prepared with skill. The horseradish crusted salmon was perfect - flavorful, it didn't forget it was fish; stayed moist, and the crusting had just the proper bite. The chicken and waffles was amazing as well - there are lots of ways to make a mistake in preparing these dishes in any sophisticated way, but the cook was perfect this night. Good to know that Toledo / Sylvania has such local restaurants popping up.Special Features:
- Happy Happy HourPartyBarbieDined on 8/21/2014Revolution Grille's Happy Hour specials are a real treat - unique, high quality drinks and appetizers for all taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good, great serviceJaimeDined on 8/20/2014Becoming a favorite. Enjoyed the newer menu items. The lamb couscous was a delicious surprise & so tender. Also I get the kale & quinoa salad as often as possible. Sometimes just to go for lunch the next day (it holds up so well) or dinner when I don't feel like cooking Able to take our toddler since he's a little foodie himself. However, no kids menu & no changing station in either restroom made our dining experience slightly challenging in regards to thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SaladHelenVIPDined on 8/18/2014We loved the salad we got! It was delicious. The fish tacos are fabulous as well. Thank you!Special Features:
- New menu is greatnerddadDined on 8/16/2014We visited once before when we were driving to Cleveland -- it was well worth another stop. The menu appears to have been simplified and moved somewhat down in terms of price. No more selection of strange drinks made with dry ice. The remaining items are delicious, though. I had the chicken and waffles, which was fantastic (crispy + bacon-y + sweet in different combinations) and the chicken was very juicy in contrast to many restaurants. My son had the burger, also fantastic. The antipasto plate was filled with delicious meats and cheeses -- nothing surprising, although the proscuitto was spicier than expected. Dessert -- the chocolate pot au creme -- was also good. We'll be back the next time we go to Cleveland, I suspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!phlebkellyDined on 8/15/2014Had excellent service and the food was as well! The chef even came out and asked how our food was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuJSCosgroveDined on 8/7/2014The Revolution Grille fits its name as the food definitely has a different twist, perhaps revolutionary, to some familiar entrees. Wait staff worked hard to please with knowledgeable commentary and responsive service. Interior is comfortable modern. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canesVIPDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I ate here a few nights ago, and as usual the food and service were both very good. A well conceived menu takes it to the forefront of Toledo restaurants. Our server Beccie was engaging and knowledgable and we always get a warm greeting from the manager Kate. This is definetly one of the better restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE THIS PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014First time here, this is a little bit of a revolution. Menu and wine list is very reasonably priced - steak was cooked to perfection. Had a drink at the bar afterwards - bartender very knowledgeable. All in all, a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...........the food, service and interior atmosphere are second to none (don't let the strip mall location scare you) HIGHLY recommend! AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.Ldunbar107Dined on 6/24/2014We had incredibly slow service and the food was nothing to write home about. It was a Tuesday evening and they had a surprisingly full restaurant. Their kitchen obviously can't handle that many people.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014This was our second visit to Revolution Grille. I was a bit disappointed in my dinner. I had the filet medallions and they were charred on the outside and the meat had no flavor. I would definitely not order this again. My husband had the red fish and his was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningFinediningDined on 6/2/2014Food, presentation, and service were outstanding. I recommend going during the week as the restaurant is small. It was a much better experience than our last experience with larger group on the week-end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 397 reviews are from the Revolution Grille reviews archive.
- Good Experience.SylrkDined on 5/20/2014Food was good. Attentive service. The tablet menu device a bit difficult to use...but give credit for trying new things.Special Features:
- Good dining experience for fourFinediningDined on 5/13/2014the food is very good, and the portions are appropriate so that one does not overeat, feels satiated. Presentation is very good. It is too noisy for good conversation among six, but four works just fine in the booths. No round tables for the larger groups. We will certainly go back but with no more than four in our party. service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Never have the SteakDesertDwellerVIPDined on 5/12/2014Revolution is one the "hot"places in Toledo. When it first opened it was all the rage. So, of course we had to try it. I have now been back there 4 times (this last time only because it was one of the only restaurants open late). I always have their Schnitzel which is pretty good. However, every time someone orders their steak entree, it is terrible! It's a little hit or miss on this one. Trendy? Yes. Amazing quality? No. It's also fairly reasonably priced, so you can overlook the inconsistency every so often. I've had some great appetizers here and the bar seems to be hopping. As a foodie, I would have to rate if overall as good, but beware of the red meat!
- Great Dinner!dmarvin006Dined on 5/3/2014Went out to dinner with my wife before a play, and it was great. Loved the interactive menus on the tablets. It was great to see a picture of every item on the menu. Food came out quickly and it was really good. I had the chicken and waffles, which were amazing and my wife enjoyed her's also. Definitely would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chefOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014Crab balls were good but the rest of the meal was so-so. Salad was underdressed, mahi was good but not great. My wife had the chicken and waffles which was decent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big surprise in little ol' ToledoUdonDined on 4/26/2014Surprising foodie find in Toledo OH! Everything freshly cooked, artfully presented. Flavors were good but lacked a certain "wow" factor. Regardless, enjoyed the evening at this fine restaurant. BTW - If you happen to be luck enough to be served by Becky, you're in for a nice meal. She listens carefully and goes to extra lengths to make sure you are happy and satisfied. No hovering....just the perfect amount of attention.Special Features:
- Great foodPDouVIPDined on 4/25/2014Went here on a recomendation. Would definitely go back if we are in the area. Strange location for such a good restaurant. I guess it's a "if we cook good food they'll come" concept. Well, they're right. Food is great, location is weird. Staff is very nice. Martini was great. Chicken and waffles amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findbandledwardsDined on 4/19/2014My family was driving through Toledo and we picked the restaurant with the highest Yelp rating........Revolution Grill! It didn't let us down either. The experience was perfect! Knowledgeable staff, great food! We actually had our kids with us, 7 & 13, and eventhough the restaurant doesn't have a kids menu they still found several options and loved the food they ordered. It I am ever near Toledo again I will absolutely be back at Revolution Grill!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Love the food, and atmosphere is good. Eclectic choices with different items each time we visited. Absolutely love the brussel sprout appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!love2eatDined on 4/18/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Always something interesting on the menu. My wife had the chicken and waffles and they were great. The fish tacos are absolutely amazing! Also, small dessert list but every one I've had is great. The coconut cream pie may be the best I've had. We keep coming back and will continue. Took a couple here which had never tried the place and they loved it as well. I recommend to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome1dinnerDined on 4/18/2014Had a great time, date night with the hubby. Awesome place to go for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallAfogleDined on 4/18/2014A unique menu with a good atmosphere. Wise to get a reservation because it is relatively small. Not a place to bring kids. Been there twice, both times good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveBSaeedVIPDined on 4/2/2014We're spoiled with dining options in Washtenaw County, so even though I've been wanting to try Revolution for a while, I hadn't taken the time to make the 40 minute drive to check it out. It was definitely worth the drive and I think a monthly trip there might not even be enough to satisfy my palette. From the small plates to the entrees, everything we ate was outstanding, unique and fresh. The brussels sprouts do not disappoint and might be the best I've had...EVER! Just do yourself a favor, go eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific findBookerDined on 3/29/2014This is the place if you're looking for something different. Brilliant use of iPads for menus, out-of-the-ordinary mixed drinks, eclectic menu selections, vibrant ambiance, and reasonable prices. Our table sampled the fried brussel sprouts, mahi mahi tacos, pork cheeks, and chicken schnitzel. All outstanding selections. We would love to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevolutionCherylVIPDined on 3/29/2014Saturday evening was quite crowded and parties did not leave as anticipated. We had 7 pm reservations and weren't able to be seated until close to 8. Besides that, very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and services.Maddie809Dined on 3/29/2014Fantastic food and services. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014The food was excellent - had the short ribs, Brussels and bread pudding- right favors in all the right places! Waitress was outstanding - Becky- did a great job of helping us select from an outstanding menu. Only drawback - no espresso - would have been the perfect end to the meal. But the coffee was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Great place to go and eat and have a drink. The service was great and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/19/2014This was my first time at the Revolution Grille and I can't wait to get back! I was VERY impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. The digital Menus with pictures was a very nice touch. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Applause ApplauseNanVDined on 3/15/2014Excellent restaurant all the way around! Fantastic flower martini drink, amazing crab balls and brussel sprouts for appetizers, dinner entries fabulous! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Decent Food Diminished by the DetaiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014While the taste of our food was generally good, there were several details that had a significant negative impact on our experience. The iced tea was pale and tasted mostly of water, and only faintly of tea. The manager asked for another to be brought, but the second had the same color and taste. The manager came again and this time reported a problem with the brewer. But why would they have served the tea (twice) if they could clearly see the problem? Other issues: the spring rolls were tiny and overpriced, they did not have any chopsticks for the sushi, and they gave us chips instead of the fries we ordered. Our server had a commendably positive attitude, but the restaurant's service was slow, and not well under control.
- Finding it's menu with a new chef.GrvyghoulDined on 3/7/2014We're huge fans of Revolutin. They've recently changed chefs and altered the menu a bit. They have a little work to do to get back to the high standards we've come to love. The brussel sprouts are still really good but not as addicting as we have come to expect. I wouldn't order the cashew and avocado sushi again. My husband's schnitzel was good but a little overcooked and could've used a little more sauce. We'll still dine here as it's one of the best places in Toledo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.