5333 Monroe St.
Toledo, OH 43623Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.revolutiongrille.com/
- Phone: (419) 841-0066
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Rob Campbell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: The Chef's Table in our private room has seating for up to ten guests.
- Private Party Contact: Deborah Smith 8884563463
A word from Revolution Grille
Revolution Grille is a chef owned and operated restaurant that offers eclectic American cooking produced with classical techniques and ethnic influences from around the world. The ever-changing menu is a new take on American cuisine based on Chef and Proprietor Rob Campbell's direction. The menu will feature local and seasonal items and guests will appreciate the exceptional value and moderate pricing. We believe that this revolutionary approach sets us apart from the local competition and is the inspiration for our name, Revolution Grille.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Revolution Grille - Best Restaurants in Sylvania ›
Revolution Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)special occasion (44)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (23)notable wine list (22)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent visitHomeagainDined on 11/15/2014My mother and I had a fabulous experience last Saturday night. Our service was flawless, we loved our server. I'm sorry I don't remember his name. He made great menu and wine recommendations. I had two small plate selections and my mother had salmon. One of my small plate items was the roasted root vegetable salad. My mom tasted it and liked it so much she ordered one for herself to take home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticmythoughtsDined on 11/7/2014Great food. Waiter was excellent and knowledgeable. Hostesses were friendly and helpful. We will be back.Special Features:
- Unique experienceRabbitDined on 11/7/2014Interesting take on common dishes. Don't discount an entrée because of what goes into the dish; it will not taste the way you might think. The deserts are good but incredibly rich. If one interests you, try asking for a sample first. I am told the menu changes from time to timeSpecial Features:
- Great foodPamBDined on 11/4/2014Awesome food selections, very good presentation. Loved the salmon and the dessert. Very crowded though - it was difficult for our server to even reach our table.Special Features:
- magnificent foodRaspberryDined on 11/1/2014Not only great service but the food was spectacular. Great flavorful pairings. The burger is so great no condiments needed and I am a ketsup addict. Great buffalo calamari and the chicken and waffles is to die for. Menu changes often but the chef is spectacular. Nice restaurant I would say with drinks it's a 20 a person restaurant. But the quality and quantity of food is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revolution Grill---not revolutionTolFoodie2Dined on 10/31/2014on 10/31 it was pretty quiet, so I would have wished the FOOD would be great, it was horrible, Beef..tough (don't order tenderloin tips) those brussels sprouts usually great were WATERY!! Potatoes tough, over all, very poor experience. We tried dessert, picture was lovely, out came horrible little pumpkin "something" with teaspoon of whipped canned cream. Coffee: had to ask refills, and the Waiter took my cup somewhere to fill it vs bringing coffee to table. Not sure who was cooking, but it really was very poor food. Our server was new, so we did not want to complain to him on his firs day and first table, perhaps we should have. Special wine list had only 2 Chardonnay listed --Special Features:
- so greatkaydee728VIPDined on 10/21/2014The food was fantastic and I had been told anything you ordered would be fabulous - both my entree and my friend's was superb - thanks!!Special Features:
- ShirlDined on 10/19/2014Very good, as usual. Tried a different item on the menu and it too was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.KateDined on 10/18/2014Blown away. Very unique experience. Wonderful food, great chef!Special Features:
- FantasticFantasticDined on 10/18/2014From the moment I walked in the door until I left Revolution's the staff was very attentive and knew the menu. The staff recommended a wine which everyone at our table would enjoy since we all had different tastes. The desserts are fantastic. The whole dining experience was the best I have ever had. The meals are affordable and I will go back again.Special Features:
- browneyedgirl122Dined on 10/15/2014First time there and I will definitely be back! Our waiter was fantastic, very knowledgeable about the menu, wine list and drink selections. Gave us some great suggestions and loved every bite. Love the ambiance, great for a romantic night out, fun with friends or any special occasion. Would love to come back and try the happy hour/half off appetizers.Special Features:
- A++phlebkellyDined on 10/13/2014Always a wonderful experience at Revolution. Great service and great food :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revolution GrilleKristen2009Dined on 10/12/2014A great experience! I took my boyfriend here for his birthday on a Sunday night. It was his first time, but probably the 5th or 6th time for me, as it's my favorite place in Toledo. We got the buffalo bleu cheese calamari and revolution lollipops (italian sausage in a cornbread breading with blueberry sauce) for an appetizer. My boyfriend got the chicken and waffles for his meal, which he absolutely loved! I always get the chicken schnitzel and its perfect every time. They offered us free dessert since it was his birthday (they ask for your I.D. though!) and 1/2 off the bill. I felt the birthday discount was so generous. Besides the great food & birthday discount, the service was impeccable, including the managerial staff who checked on us!Special Features:
- Highly recommOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This was the first time going but will be back many more!! The whole dinning experience was outstanding , great service, food was awesome. And not overly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6greenbearsDined on 10/1/2014Service was great, including the waitress in training. She knew the menu and was as professional and friendly as our server. The decor was reminiscent of a wine cellar, and the music added just the right amount of background ambiance. Our food and drinks were all prepared well and came out in perfect timing. The Brussels sprout appetizer was amazing, and the pumpkin mojito was so good we wanted to bottle it and take some home for later! I guess we'll have to make it back there this fall to have some more, but return trips throughout the year will also be a must as the menu and drinks change seasonally. The walleye tacos were a generous portion and the best we've had anywhere. The Pansota was a delicious flavor combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revolution Grille rocks!ChendaDined on 9/27/2014The food choices were unique and there were some new selections since our last visit. Everything was awesome! There were also some seasonal drinks that we tried, and they were great as well. There was a little higher noise level than usual, due to a table of 8 nearby, so it was less romantic than usual. However, we had a fantastic waiter who made our visit very enjoyable, and we loved all of the selections he recommended. Based on pricing, we leave this to only "special occasion" status 6 or 8 times per year, but it is always worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes are occurringFinediningDined on 9/24/2014the presentation was good, the Brussels sprouts were different than previously with too much sauce. The pasta plate including beans were underdone and needed two more minutes in the microwave. I brought mine home and did so. Everyone elses meal was satisfactory to great. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My compliments to the chefcatdogdocDined on 9/21/2014I had heard about Revolution Grille from a couple of friends. The food and service exceeded my expectations. Our waiter Corey was helpful with selecting wines and brews that would compliment our food selections. The food was incredible... The fried goat cheese curds and bone marrow appetizers were so different and appealed to our palates. Dinner was divine...there were so many choices that I opted to have the chicken and waffles, a new spin on an old favorite. All of our selections had eclectic yet delicious flavor combinations. We want to return so we can try more creations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigger city feelMD2299Dined on 9/20/2014Great fusion type of restaurant you wouldn't expect from a place in a strip mall on Toledo. Fantastic atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved my mealHelenVIPDined on 9/17/2014Thank you again for making the fish tacos so delicious. I received a nice size piece of fish.Special Features:
- Noise level and spicey food2468Dined on 9/6/2014The noise level was very very loud. I almost needed a megaphone to converse with my date. I ordered the turkey leg without pepper or spice. The turkey leg was great, but the rice that was served with the dinner I could not eat. One fork of the rice and my mouth felt like someone poured pepper and spice in my mouth. It was like eating hot spicy mexican food. I addition a table next to us complained about the same thing ......Special Features:
- New place we found!PamelaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Fun, affordable new place in town. Small selection on menu but it changes and it's fresh and imaginative. A must try!Special Features:
- Revolution Grille - Nice SurpriseJJonesDined on 8/29/2014I was in town for the weekend and wanted a nice but not overly expensive place to eat. This place had a great ambiance with good service. The food was also tasty. The menus are on tablets and you click on each menu item and a picture/description pops open - cool feature!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Eric was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. We love the Revolution Lollipops. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snazzy with inventive menuMj71Dined on 8/24/2014Totally enjoyed the experience. Quiet upscale ambience without being pretentious . Food was very good with timely service. Wine selection very good without being off the chart expensive.Special Features:
- Date night with wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Lovely restaurant, food was thoughtfully conceived and prepared with skill. The horseradish crusted salmon was perfect - flavorful, it didn't forget it was fish; stayed moist, and the crusting had just the proper bite. The chicken and waffles was amazing as well - there are lots of ways to make a mistake in preparing these dishes in any sophisticated way, but the cook was perfect this night. Good to know that Toledo / Sylvania has such local restaurants popping up.Special Features:
- Happy Happy HourPartyBarbieDined on 8/21/2014Revolution Grille's Happy Hour specials are a real treat - unique, high quality drinks and appetizers for all taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good, great serviceJaimeDined on 8/20/2014Becoming a favorite. Enjoyed the newer menu items. The lamb couscous was a delicious surprise & so tender. Also I get the kale & quinoa salad as often as possible. Sometimes just to go for lunch the next day (it holds up so well) or dinner when I don't feel like cooking Able to take our toddler since he's a little foodie himself. However, no kids menu & no changing station in either restroom made our dining experience slightly challenging in regards to thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SaladHelenVIPDined on 8/18/2014We loved the salad we got! It was delicious. The fish tacos are fabulous as well. Thank you!Special Features:
- New menu is greatnerddadDined on 8/16/2014We visited once before when we were driving to Cleveland -- it was well worth another stop. The menu appears to have been simplified and moved somewhat down in terms of price. No more selection of strange drinks made with dry ice. The remaining items are delicious, though. I had the chicken and waffles, which was fantastic (crispy + bacon-y + sweet in different combinations) and the chicken was very juicy in contrast to many restaurants. My son had the burger, also fantastic. The antipasto plate was filled with delicious meats and cheeses -- nothing surprising, although the proscuitto was spicier than expected. Dessert -- the chocolate pot au creme -- was also good. We'll be back the next time we go to Cleveland, I suspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!phlebkellyDined on 8/15/2014Had excellent service and the food was as well! The chef even came out and asked how our food was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuJSCosgroveDined on 8/7/2014The Revolution Grille fits its name as the food definitely has a different twist, perhaps revolutionary, to some familiar entrees. Wait staff worked hard to please with knowledgeable commentary and responsive service. Interior is comfortable modern. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canesVIPDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I ate here a few nights ago, and as usual the food and service were both very good. A well conceived menu takes it to the forefront of Toledo restaurants. Our server Beccie was engaging and knowledgable and we always get a warm greeting from the manager Kate. This is definetly one of the better restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 402 reviews are from the Revolution Grille reviews archive.
- I LOVE THIS PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014First time here, this is a little bit of a revolution. Menu and wine list is very reasonably priced - steak was cooked to perfection. Had a drink at the bar afterwards - bartender very knowledgeable. All in all, a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...........the food, service and interior atmosphere are second to none (don't let the strip mall location scare you) HIGHLY recommend! AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service.Ldunbar107Dined on 6/24/2014We had incredibly slow service and the food was nothing to write home about. It was a Tuesday evening and they had a surprisingly full restaurant. Their kitchen obviously can't handle that many people.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014This was our second visit to Revolution Grille. I was a bit disappointed in my dinner. I had the filet medallions and they were charred on the outside and the meat had no flavor. I would definitely not order this again. My husband had the red fish and his was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningFinediningDined on 6/2/2014Food, presentation, and service were outstanding. I recommend going during the week as the restaurant is small. It was a much better experience than our last experience with larger group on the week-end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience.SylrkDined on 5/20/2014Food was good. Attentive service. The tablet menu device a bit difficult to use...but give credit for trying new things.Special Features:
- Good dining experience for fourFinediningDined on 5/13/2014the food is very good, and the portions are appropriate so that one does not overeat, feels satiated. Presentation is very good. It is too noisy for good conversation among six, but four works just fine in the booths. No round tables for the larger groups. We will certainly go back but with no more than four in our party. service was excellentSpecial Features: