3443 N Broadway
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://revolucionsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7736619893x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: Monday - Thursday 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday -Saturday 3:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m
Sunday 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Lupe Navejas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Capability to cater large groups and off site events
- Private Party Contact: Miguel Braun 773-661-9893x
A word from Revolucion Steakhouse
Mariachi Hospitality Group welcomes you to yet another addition to East Lakeview. Come and experience refinement & individuality at Chicago's first Mexican Steakhouse Steaks, Chops, Seafood with a Mexican flare. Offering a Full Service bar with an extensive wine selection, craft beers, and hand crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Revolucion Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for outdoor dining (21)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (13)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014I loved the food. The waiter, Rob, was incredibly attentive. Food was fast and delicious. The fact that struck me was that the vegetables were perfectly done and the presentation was great. Kinda surprising for a neighborhood restaurant. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful spot4foodiesVIPDined on 9/15/2014We sat next in front of a window and could enjoy being inside while taking in the neighborhood scene. Good food, fine service, wonderful dining companions. Who could ask for more?Special Features:
- Great PlaceSmithSDined on 9/13/2014The server was attentive and our group was pleased with the food and drinks. They carry vegetarian options which are fantastic and the Sangria was tasty. I have been here before and was happy to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay away from the place!EastLakeviewFamilyDined on 9/1/2014A terrible experience from start to finish. Only 4 tables were occupied in the whole restaurant and food still took over hour for a very basic lunch order. Two of the dishes were for children, namely oatmeal and cheese quesadillas. When the food finally arrived it was cold and tasteless. We have lived in East Lakeview for over 10 years and frequent many of our local restaurants. This is by far one of the worst, don't waste your money. The only saving grace was the polite and attentive busboy, who at least kept the water glasses filled and had a smile on his face.
- Not so goodJandBVIPDined on 8/13/2014We started with the Calamari Al Ajillo which was over done and rubbery. Next was the Taquiza Revolucion Polio which tasted burnt. We finished with the grilled veggy fajitas which were wonderful. This is not high on my places to return to.
- Not just a steakhouseSirEatalotVIPDined on 8/2/2014Four of us went on a Saturday night and no one ordered a steak. Everything was excellent, but the guacomole, mushroom tacos, calamari and margeritas were big hits. Great service too.Special Features:
- We keep coming backMikeDined on 7/31/2014We've been back to this restaurant several times. Food has always been great. Wish I could remember our servers name as he was excellent.Special Features:
- great findanonyDined on 7/27/2014tasty, tasty, tasty. everything is thoughtfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it is in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Great in every way... and I am a bit picky about service and ambiance. It far exceeded my expectations!Special Features:
- YuckYuckMonsterDined on 7/5/2014Mediocre ill prepared food and sketchy service that was quite slow. Steaks weren't cooked correctly and when one got sent back to go from rare to medium they microwaved it. Citrus vinaigrette was tasteless. Threatened to not bring our salads until we sacrificed our shared appetizer. WTF? Then the salads came out 10 minutes apart.
- Not bad for lunchSadonEasterDined on 7/1/2014Food was pretty good and had some decent lunch options with reasonable prices. Nothing special but solid.Special Features:
- Awesome!MarkTDined on 6/30/2014Everything was fantastic. Great food, great drinks, excellent service. We were really taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- continuedexcellenceDined on 6/27/2014Revolucion is one of our favorite spots in the neighborhood. We are never disappointed here and recommend it often to our friends.Special Features:
- Great food!!!!KeniaDined on 6/7/2014My food was great! My waiter was very inconsistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service/Okay food.mydinediaryDined on 6/6/2014This was a nice restaurant for lunch or brunch but I wouldn't suggest for dinner. I order a filet mignon and the meat was overcooked.. Never complained because our waitress was MIA most of the time. She barely checked on us and never asked how the food was. I was done eating by the time she came back.Special Features:
- Loved itmandile23Dined on 5/31/2014Dinner was fantastic; server was patient and friendly and really took her time with us. We sat outside and that made it more fun (and quiet). Our only issue was we had a diner with dietary issues and I called ahead to check on options and preparations. When we got there they informed us that they could not accommodate us (they made the comment that the chef said "I'm too busy to cut the vegetables tonight"!!). but they were very apologetic and tried to help. My sister had to have 2 salads (since all the veggies are marinated in something she can't eat) and was a little disappointed. but again, they were apologetic and checked back on us several times. I'll just have to remember not to eat there if I'm people who need more options.Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Revolucion Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Mexican and Steakhouse in the titlenotopentonewthingsDined on 4/14/2014Isn't normally something I wouldn't consider, but it looked cool so I thought I would try it. We had four people, the salsas were delicious, guac was delicious, the menu was great with lots of options. Everyone at the table ordered variations of typical mexican fare, but I had to try the Steak. The steak was not Steakhouse worthy, but very good. I had to try the steak to see if it was legit, but I wish I ordered one of the many delicious looking items on the menu.Special Features:
- The space is beautifully done.citygirlDined on 4/11/2014The space is beautifully done. It was vibrant the night we were there. The guacamole was excellent. However, the drinks and entrees left a little to be desired. With all the places to go for Mexican themed food in the city, this place doesn't rank high enough to warrant my return.Special Features:
- Lost at the EndcontinuedexcellenceDined on 4/11/2014Every aspect of our dining experience was wonderful...until the end. Our waiter was nowhere to be found. We waited several minutes and, finally, walked to the hostess lectern and paid our bill. Advice: Don't forget about your customers, even after all the serving is completed.Special Features:
- Good food, OK service, Bad drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2014I have been wishing for a long time for food fashion to revolve back to rediscovering the Chicago neighborhood steakhouse whose quality was above Ronnies and whose prices were below Morton's. El Mariachi's newest venture, Revolucion Steakhouse, almost fulfill's this fantasy. My Angus steak was well-prepared and appealingly presented. My red meat avoiding wife said her tilapia was excellent and cleverly prepared. However, the drinks left a lot to be desired. Harkening back to our visit to Hugo's, a high-end Mexican restaurant in Houston, we ordered blackberry mojitos but they were too sweet. We weren't expecting the Hugos concoction made with fresh mint and blackberries mulled into the agave syrup & rum, what we got was undrinkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mexican Infused RestauranRobbieDined on 3/26/2014I had the Bone-in Ribeye, and the seasoning on it was delicious and cooked perfectly. The chipotle mashed are excellent as well. My date had the short ribs with potatoes lyonaise, and they were both delicious. Good selection of wines as well. Highly recommeneded.Special Features:
- Top Notch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014My partner and I have been here a couple different times and every time we had a great experience. The waitress was amazing and helped us select some great wines, the food was delicious and out in a timel manner and the atmosphere is warm and inviting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...askboDined on 2/22/2014I made a reservation for 7:15 and while it was honored, we were sat at a bar table in the bar area. Already off to a poor start, in my opinion. The waiter - Walter - was impersonal at best. Never smiled, seemingly uninterested and frankly, a bit arrogant. We ordered the taco sharing plates, the vegetarian and the barbacoa. The steak was dry and flavorless. We also ordered the shrimp bisque to share. Thank goodness we did because we couldn't taste anything other than the salt. Not good. What saved the night was the overall ambiance and the delicious margaritas. Probably wouldn't go back simply because this is Chicago and there are so many other options. But it wasn't horrible.
- Fantastic Mexican SteakhouseJamesDined on 2/14/2014The food was great, if I had to make a complaint it would be that I had too much food. I ordered an extra side to try and was way more than needed. Normally I'd wrap up food to go but we were going out after dinner. I finished just about half my entree and extra side. Everything was reasonably priced and our waitress was excellent. We ordered a bottle of wine that they were out of so they let us sample a few similar bottles before making a choice. One thing that everyone may not enjoy, it was Valentine's Day and they weren't shuffling us out. The whole dinner took just under 2 hours which was nice that we were able to talk and enjoy our bottle of wine at our leisure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding to say the leastLuv2eatDined on 2/14/2014Thank you for helping to make a memorable Valentines Day! The restaurant, food, drink, and service were out of this world! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and Tacos - Deliciousmsp2foodieDined on 2/9/2014The shrimp tacos were amazing. The staff was super friendly and nice, offered great choices on the menu. FIlet was great with the Chipotle mashed potatoes. Definitely recommend the chile pasilla sauce. Great selection of steaks and Mexican fare. Coming back soon for sure - would be great for a group.Special Features:
- Stopped in for LunchHankFit247Dined on 2/6/2014We were one of only two tables, which was perfect as we were there to book one of the private rooms for an upcoming event. Food was great, and the server Sam was very attentive. Booking our event with Nate was a BREEZE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryMegsDined on 2/1/2014Took my boyfriend here for his 23rd birthday dinner. Great spot that neither of us had been to before! Great decor that gives contributes to an authentic Mexican feel. The ceiling is painted as a sky with glow in the dark stars...which I absolutely loved!. He got steak tacos, which he was crazy about! I got chiles chiles rellanos which were fabulous! Try the sangria! It's bomb & served in a huge glass fit for a conquistador. The service was great, water was constantly refilled for us and our food and drink were served exceptionally fast! Recommened trying this spot! I'd definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the priceannabelle11283VIPDined on 1/25/2014We enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant and really wanted to like the food too. It was okay but very overpriced. We got tacos and the meat was dry...no salsa or cheese. How can you have a taco with no cheese or salsa? To make things worse, the service was terrible. As soon as the waiter realized we were not ordering drinks with our meal, we were basically ignored. It took us a half hour toget our check even while staring down and flagging our waiter. Finally a busboy stopped to help us out. I doubt we will be back.Special Features:
- Hidden gem of a brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2014I came here for brunch on a whim. There was no wait and the food and drinks are amazing. The service was awesome. I will definitely be back. The dinner here is really great as well.Special Features:
- ExcellentEddieDDined on 1/18/2014Everything was great! Good service and good food. Staff was friendly and attentive without being overly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighborhood SteakhousejsacreativeVIPDined on 1/18/2014Revolucion is a fabulous alternative to those overly high-priced downtown steakhouses. We were a party of four, and each one of us loved our dish. Meat was tender and well-prepared…and AFFORDABLE. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceEmilyDined on 1/18/2014The staff was attentive, friendly and knowledgable. Great selection of wine. I had the bleu cheese steak and it was perfect. Cooked exactly the way it should be. Stuffed mushrooms were a fantastic appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fortunate enough to find thisLPFoodie2Dined on 1/11/2014Fortunate enough to find this place on Open Table tonight. Maybe 10 minutes from our rez in Lincoln Park. Tasty, tasty eats. Wife wanted a good steak without going to the loop. We both had that plus Mexican fare. Good selection of food - something for everyone in your party. Will be new place for us to go, and we are tickled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a birthday dinner andlovefoodDined on 1/4/2014I had a birthday dinner and everyone enjoy the food and their drinks. CSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had such a good time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We had such a good time. The food was so delicious. Drinks good the steak cooked to Perfection. Service so wonderful. Friendly staff and very attentive. It is a good neighborhood place to Go. Something for everyone from great burgers,fish and steak. Great place to have a date or just Meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve VisitAshleyDined on 12/31/2013My boyfriend and I visited Revolucion for new years eve dinner. We both ordered the chicken off of the price fixed menu. The salad, chicken and dessert were all really good and we felt like we got a great value for the price. We also ordered margaritas (mango & strawberry), both were delicious! The only "downside" of the night was getting seated in high tables in the middle of the main area. It would have been nice to have a more private dining experience, but sometimes that's how it goes. As with prior visits, the owner of the restaurant came over to the table to make sure everything was going well. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious.PaulaVIPDined on 12/15/2013I liked the food. Not only wad it colorful but it was at the right temperature an it was healthy and it tasted great. I got a good feeling after I ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceChiscullyDined on 12/14/2013It's nice to find a place that has an interesting menu and staff working to ensure an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- A great neighborhood steakhouseMarkydfDined on 12/4/2013I brought my friend here for his birthday. He had not ever been to Revolucion Steakhouse. As usual, the food and service was excellent! the wine is resonably priced. And the steaks are delicious. Also, the stuffed mushrooms appetizer is to die for. This is my favorite Steakhouse in Chicago.Special Features: